PDA

View Full Version : New Husaberg for my mate

Chipster
13th January 2006, 13:04
My mate just bought a new fe450e Husberg. Still running it in, and he's new to offroad, but I took it for a blast. Plenty of grunt, and that's with a 7,500rpm limit! anyway, he's sh!t scared of it, so I couldn't resist knocking up a pic or two...:rockon:

Still, he's the one with the awesome bike, and I'm still looking so maybe there's a bit of jealousy there...:violin:

bugjuice
13th January 2006, 13:18
lol..
what about the wheelie bar?
I need training wheels..

merv
13th January 2006, 13:26
Get a few pics of him riding it and post those.

XTC
13th January 2006, 13:27
Are they registerable?? Like the KTM's?

**R1**
13th January 2006, 13:34
I rode a 480 burg, man what a bike, im a 2 stroke man my self but i am yet to ride a dirtbike that wheelied like that thing did.....what did it cost him? if ya dont mind me asking, its just we dont have a burg dealer down here...

Chipster
13th January 2006, 13:52
From memory, I think he paid about $15k for it, but that came with black anodised KTM supermoto rims, shod with Michelin Pilot Sport rubber as well as the standard fitment Excel offroad rims and offroad tyres.

Yes, his is registered, came from the supplier with all the kit fitted. He's already got it on the road. You'd be amazed looking at it - it's essentially a KTM, but rather unusually, the final drive is on the other side to KTMs. Other than that, minus the colour, they look pretty much identical. The only other differences are the internals that make the Husaberg like a KTM on mega-steroids. Will get some pics next time he's (we're!) out on it. Probably Wednesday.

It's a bit sad at the moment, I have to hang around waiting to be offered a blast, or failing that it's a case of "Hey mister, can I have a go on your bike?"... shameful. Still, I'm still in the market for a 450/525EXC, so roll on that day...

kro
13th January 2006, 19:10
That green and red one is pretty trick, I'd hit it.

Chipster
19th January 2006, 08:23
Well we finally managed to persuade John to get the Husaberg serviced and we took it back out to Taylor's property for a blat around last night. A few other guys turned up - father and son on an XR and a KTM 125, a guy on a KX and RM. Had some fun, other than getting a bee up my sleeve that stung me on the elbow - twat. Anyway, he's dead now. Man these things have got some grunt, quite an arm stretcher when you open the taps. Hope you like the photos. Will try for some more action ones next week as there's plenty of air to be had....

**R1**
19th January 2006, 09:49
Man no wheelies, no jumps, no stoppies, no sideways action, no broken bones....What the hell are you boys up2 up there??

Coyote
19th January 2006, 10:03
Damn that's a nice looking bike :2thumbsup

Chipster
19th January 2006, 10:22
Yep, unfortunately I rode off with the camera in my pocket, so no more pics other than newbie John. Like I said, more pics hopefully next week....

Zebedee
20th January 2006, 13:09
... no broken bones ... ... and that's the way I'd like to keep it, thank you very much :D

Ok, so I thought I'd raise my head above the parapet here.

Yes that's me picking the bike off the ground after I'd dropped it for the first time. What the photo doesn't show is the graceful roll that I performed as I hit the ground :D

Unfortunately for you guys, the second time I became detached from the bike it was a bit more spectacular, but it was out of sight of the camera.

Stabilisers and wheelie bars are definitely the order of the day as far as I'm concerned … but it sure is fun, especially now that it's had it's first service :2thumbsup

Chipster
26th January 2006, 09:02
Managed another few laps last night, and a couple of other guys turned up on a CR125 and 250WR with a 300 kit in it - sounded lovely. The light was fading but managed a couple of shots with some air between the bikes and the ground....

No points for style though...:moon:

**R1**
26th January 2006, 09:44
Managed another few laps last night, and a couple of other guys turned up on a CR125 and 250WR with a 300 kit in it - sounded lovely. The light was fading but managed a couple of shots with some air between the bikes and the ground....

No points for style though...:moon:thats more like it!!
but you need to invest in some gear:wacko: or at least some boots!
broken ankles suck!!

Chipster
26th January 2006, 12:14
Yeah, you're right. Unfortunately, neither of these shots are me. It was me behind the damncamera again... :bye: That guy was wearing trainers... and neither of them had more than a t-shirt.

On a better note, I just scored myself a pair of nearly new Alpinestar Tech 8s for $200 this morning! Sweet!