PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Trackday IV (November 5 2006)

Pages : [1] 2

FROSTY
13th January 2006, 20:16
[CENTER]<b>The Great KB Track Day IV</b>SUNDAY 5th November 8.30-4.30
Thank You All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks once again it was a bonzer day.
Please could we thank a VERY special group of people without who it would have been a total disaster.
DOOGAL--MY RIGHT HAND MAN
MADDUCK AND KYLIE--MADE SIGHN ON AND LUNCH HAPPEN
GIXXER4EVA AND TRUMPY --RECOVERY CREW EXTRORDINAIR
TRASHY/DEATH/LOOSEBRUCE -GOT YA BIKES SCRUTINEERED
AND AN EXTRODINARY GROUP OF MARSHALLS.

THESE PEOPLE SLAVED SO YOU FOLKS COULD HAVE A GOOD DAY
TOP JOB GANG

ohh and for the record--fuck I had a great day--you lot rock

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:14
below will be the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it The responsibility is YOURS to make Sure your name is on the list

ENTRYS ARE CLOSED
There will be NO entry on the day -only those who have paid deposits will be allowed on the track
$120.00 per rider for one class so balance on the day-$70.00
The price includes lunch.
Lunch is a footlong subway sub

Please note prepayment ends on Payment is NON refundable -
Please note there will NOT be a standby list -If you can't make it Ill see if I can help fill your place but the responsibility is yours
THERE ARE SOME WHO HAVE PULLED OUT -BEST YOU CONTACT THEM FAST IF YA WANT A PLACE

Spectators Free
ENTRY NOW CLOSED

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]A suggestion -if ya bank doesn't let ya do this then deposit a strange amount-eg100.03 and pm me the amount and date of deposit.
please also Note-it takes 2 working days for money to show up -bloody banks
1 Torque
2 Bmwk1200
3jahrasti
4Keystone19
5Morepower
6gixxer4ever
7texmo-
8robertydog
9 SELSone
10CORGHI
11 Weasel
12 QKCHK
13Boomer
14 DrunkenMonky
15Blackbuell
16Clivoris
17rocket rod
18bert_is_evil
19mikeyboy
20MATTTLR
21Pumba84
22rvfer
23Simon p
24fence post jarrod
25archer wc
26Mental-Trou
27 AJturbo
28FATBOYFRASER
29Squeak Taupo
30Speights_bud
31Mike Messiter
32baz300kph
33 Leong
34Cleve Brown
35SuperDave
36MD
37baz300kph CBR1100XX
38croft
39 AJS
40MSTRS
41HXC
42 chocolate_ thunder
43Tony.OK
44M1CRO
45mIKEYG
46r Dreamer
47 Ascott
48 Velox
49 dss3
50 Manxkiwi
51 Battman
52slapnuts
53BABY B
54 Can 1
55 can2
56Toast
57 bjme
58 ONSTREET HAWK
59 JSG
60 shaun
61 Ninjaboy
62 ninjaboy 2
63 white Trash
64 C mullan
65 Arven
66 Jason Lamb
67 SPADA
68DEATH INC
69 SLOB
70 bhc
71LaggCity
72Dennis O
73 nz_liam
74Dennis O
75Craig G
76 fazersprog
77 blackbird2
78DUCKADDICT
79WeeStromer
80fatjim
81TECHNIC
82 NhuanH
83Strat
84 Qkkid
85motobob
86Rusty nsr 50.00 CR
87Tim_F 50.00
88Trev 50.
89VasWarrior 50
90pistolpete 50.00 CR
91scott2ride 50.00 CR
92Jerm25 50.00 CR
93 NZLDTH
94 Stig 50.00 CR
95 Dover
96multihull
97 Deathstar
98MCJIM
99DaCosmo
100 Pretorious
101LOOSEBRUCE
102BIOHAZARD
103Kwakaman
104 Willy TK3 Ham 50.00

ASSISTANTS
Frosty
Doogal
Spank me---this needs explaination???????
madduck (setup )
Quazi (setup)
Trumpy -sponsor
meeky mouse

marshals

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:15
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY

I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
1) Bike setup/gear setup.

ALL BIKES and RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
In a nutshell the bike needs to be up tom WOF standard but below are some specifics that your bike MUST have

No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road tyres. (slicks to have visible dot marks)
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/
GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )
Handle bar ends must have a solid end--NO open tube ends (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
Brakes to work propperly FRONT and REAR.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) a white flag at start finish point means one lap to go, I will have 3 Chequred flags waving and STATIONARY yellow flags at all other marshal points meaning end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding

8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators.
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event controls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20) First session ALL trackday newbees must wear a fluro vest. Again please be extra conciderate when passing them

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding geear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:17
FOOD MENU FOR TRACK DAY

when sighning in you need to choose your subway for lunch
ALL ARE FOOTLONG SUBS
. All Subs include:
Cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, gherkins, capsicums.
The correct condiment will be placed on each sandwich.

NAME:1 Ham
2 Turkey
3 R/Beef
4 Tuna
5 Seafood
6 Vege

Any spectators or riders wanting to buy extra subs can do so AFTER sighn on is completed .

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:18
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 2 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:19
Changes from last track day.
1) FLAGS--
RED flag waved means SLOW to cruising pace--NO PASSING and procede to the pits -Please everyone ride on the outside edge of the track -everyone that was at TD3 knows how long that oil took to mop up
DO NOT stop on the track
This is VERY important The recovery vehicle or the amulance needs a clear track before we can go out also there may be debris on the track we need to get off
YELLOW flag waving on a corner -slow no passing on that corner. It means possibly debris/oil or a rider has run off the track at that point
Chequred flag waved at START point and 2 other points --end of session--also yellow flags held (not waved)displayed at all marshal points in case ya missed it. -this means get off the track
Session stickers/flags --The flag/sticker colors for the groups will be
red-slow
yellow med/slow
white.med/fast
Green Fast.
The session flag will be clearly displayed for the group on the track at the TRACK CONTROL point
2 Minutes before session change a foghorn will be sounded and the flag for the next session will be displayed.

Because we have in some cases 2 riders per bike and some riders trying mates bikes out your speed group stickers will be stuck to the front of the HELMET of all riders who have sighned the indemnety form and had their bike examined.

FROSTY
2nd June 2006, 08:17
full track full track full track full track :second: :second: :scooter: :scooter: :rockon: :rockon:

ZeroIndex
6th June 2006, 23:03
how 'slow' is the slow group gonna be travelling?

FROSTY
7th June 2006, 09:08
its not how fast the "group " is riding its how fast you will be riding.
a pretty fast rider will take about 1 minute 40 seconds to do a lap. most are takeing 2 minutes.
You ride at your own pace and enjoy 4 odd km of the best/safest windy roads you will find almost anywhere in NZ.

bert_is_evil
7th June 2006, 11:48
I'm really keen to sign up for the slow group but I'm concerned that I might be too slow and get in peoples way - do you think it could it be a problem? I've been riding for a few years but on my own so I don't have anything to measure my skills against so don't know if I'm a great rider or a terrible one!

kiwifruit
7th June 2006, 12:06
I'm really keen to sign up for the slow group but I'm concerned that I might be too slow and get in peoples way - do you think it could it be a problem? I've been riding for a few years but on my own so I don't have anything to measure my skills against so don't know if I'm a great rider or a terrible one!

dont worry bout it!
Im sure you will be just fine

WRT
7th June 2006, 12:06
I was nervous before doing my first track day. Done 4 now, and loved each and every one of them. Rode the full track at Taupo a week ago and loved it. The faster riders were doing around 1.50, I was doing around 2.05, but there were some taking 2.20/2.30+ to do a lap.

The range of speeds is phenominal, but the track is quite large and so the bikes within each group get well spread around it. There will be others on 250's there, you definately wont be alone in that, maybe some that are smaller too. There will always be riders that are faster and riders that are slower, just ride at your own pace and enjoy!

bert_is_evil
7th June 2006, 12:18
Thanks guys, think I will sign up then - looks like loads of fun! (and who can turn down a free foot long subway...)

speights_bud
7th June 2006, 12:19
Hey Frosty,
I'll be there for bike recovery if needed (hopefully not) as G4E has talked to you about.
But for you guys wondering about being 'too slow' etc in a nutshell you won't be. The idea of the day is to ride at your own pace and get the most out of it. So even if your in the slow group other riders will be in it for the same reason and everyone will ride accordingly. Hope those who can afford it take advantage of the day :yes: .

texmo
7th June 2006, 18:52
I will be out on my 2 fiddy which I have owned for 2 weeks now I have about 8 weeks motorbike riding experiance if you count all the weeks up that I have owned bikes.

stify
7th June 2006, 18:58
gg an me is coming, and we will make it this time.....i hope :yes: :yes:

I was in the slow group for the last trackday... I wasn't the slowest, but not the fastest either... if you're fairly slow then just enjoy your day and anyone faster than you will just overtake.

raster
8th June 2006, 18:16
I had my first track day in taupo, didn't know what to expect and had borrowed my brothers pride and joy mint Ducati, F**k I was shit scared of scratching it.
Started off one of the slowest then ended up moving to the second group near end of day. :second:

WOW, will do it again.

Kickaha
8th June 2006, 20:47
Kickaha gonna be lapped 10 times by frosty 50.00

You're just annoyed about what was on your bank statement aren't you? :lol:

FROSTY
8th June 2006, 22:43
nahh kick just stirring ya back mate

Clivoris
9th June 2006, 21:16
Great to see so much early interest in this day. I've managed to have a look at the new track and it looks like it is nice and technical with heaps of room for everyone. It should be an excellent fun day.

mikeyboy
24th June 2006, 22:35
hey everyone, me and my mate have decided to go to aussie to live. so i was wandering if anyone wants my place for track day for $90 bucks. my number is 0273298616, give me a txt or ring if u are keen and i will sort it out.

FROSTY
28th June 2006, 08:28
a reminder that once this is full its full so if you want to go. Id pull yer fingers out

texmo
28th June 2006, 12:44
you put me down twice forsty.

Motoracer
29th June 2006, 16:23
you put me down twice forsty.

Just cuz your special.

Biohazard
29th June 2006, 16:30
Any room on the track for little ol me ???

Let me know and if so i'll slip ya some money

FROSTY
29th June 2006, 18:39
FFS--dowes noone read ??
20 places filled [SIZE="7"]80to go

Biohazard
30th June 2006, 09:41
:Oops: my bad :brick:

I will make amends and send you some cash, put me down for 1 golden ticket young squire :blip:

bert_is_evil
30th June 2006, 12:36
This is probably a dumb question but equipment wise do gloves have to be all leather? Mine have some parts that aren't but that's around the top of the wrist etc, not in the important bits.

Big Chim
5th July 2006, 23:06
hey everyone, me and my mate have decided to go to aussie to live. so i was wandering if anyone wants my place for track day for $90 bucks. my number is 0273298616, give me a txt or ring if u are keen and i will sort it out.

Hey frosty, I've bought mikeyboy's place for the day, Cheers Mikey

trumpy
6th July 2006, 05:19
This is probably a dumb question but equipment wise do gloves have to be all leather? Mine have some parts that aren't but that's around the top of the wrist etc, not in the important bits.

Don't let that stop you, I have three spare pairs, all leather and on the smaller side (I have "dainty" hands!!.....) just see me on the day and take yer pick.

P.S. Yes Frosty, that means I am coming..will send some money shortly...

bert_is_evil
7th July 2006, 17:07
Don't let that stop you, I have three spare pairs, all leather and on the smaller side (I have "dainty" hands!!.....) just see me on the day and take yer pick.

P.S. Yes Frosty, that means I am coming..will send some money shortly...

Thanks for that! My current gloves are getting a bit worn so I might have a look around for a new pair in the meantime as well.

ajturbo
9th July 2006, 12:49
see Quazi's web site for great gloves!!!

Titanium
9th July 2006, 13:24
see Quazi's web site for great gloves!!!

Awesome gloves...... can actually feel the controls / bike through them....

Nice fit to.

:scooter:

ZeroIndex
9th July 2006, 14:13
Awesome gloves...... can actually feel the controls / bike through them....

Nice fit to.

:scooter:
it's better than that.. i sort mail with them on (dx mail)

bobsmith
13th July 2006, 09:28
i sort mail with them on (dx mail)

Hmmmm..... I may have to check them out one day......... I have trouble doing my helmet up with my gloves (it's a click on type)

Hey frosty, I've read the first post over and over again but can't tell... so there is going to be 100 places total right??? (juding from another post when you said people aren't reading and there is 20 filled so 80 to go...)

Now... this might be stupid but is any type of full face helmet ok? or does it have to be DD fastner (I have one of those clip on types)

texmo
13th July 2006, 18:34
4 SEPERATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med/slow Med/fast and Fast. Numbers will be limited to ensure a safe environment. I’m looking to MAXIMUM NUMBER PER CLASS OF 25

ZeroIndex
13th July 2006, 19:06
Hmmmm..... I may have to check them out one day......... I have trouble doing my helmet up with my gloves (it's a click on type)

Hey frosty, I've read the first post over and over again but can't tell... so there is going to be 100 places total right??? (juding from another post when you said people aren't reading and there is 20 filled so 80 to go...)

Now... this might be stupid but is any type of full face helmet ok? or does it have to be DD fastner (I have one of those clip on types)
Quasi gloves are easy to do things with, like putting helmet on (safety-belt type :))

Brett
13th July 2006, 19:08
What sort of group would i fall into on the ZXR? SInce Taupo is quiet tight and twisty i would assume med/fast? With a tiny bit of luck i should have the 636 by then...but may only race a 250cc anyway.

DMNTD
13th July 2006, 22:21
Well I'm keen to give this trackday a good crack.
Not sure which speed group I'd be suited to initially so maybe med/slow to start and take it from there.
Cheers Frosty for comfirmation re my boots too mate :yes:

Should be fine, my helmet is clip fastened, nothing wrong with it.

texmo
14th July 2006, 15:50
Well I'm keen to give this trackday a good crack.
Not sure which speed group I'd be suited to initially so maybe med/slow to start and take it from there.
Cheers Frosty for comfirmation re my boots too mate :yes:
I think its the fast group for you mate.

DMNTD
14th July 2006, 16:50
I think its the fast group for you mate.
Dunno about that mate...Maybe the medium group then :wait:
"Quickish" on the road will no doubt be different to some of you loons on a track.
Also I don't want to hold anyone up as it would be my first time on a track...no knowledge of protocols etc...

I don't want to hold anyone up as it would be my first time on a track...no knowledge of protocols etc...
A commonly overlooked protocol is that all attendees are required to bring a pie. Leave it with me in the pit lane and I'll look after it...

DMNTD
14th July 2006, 20:32
A commonly overlooked protocol is that all attendees are required to bring a pie...
No worries...I'll leave what I don't finish on the way

Kornholio
14th July 2006, 21:10
No worries...I'll leave what I don't finish on the way

Stay at Camellia Court on the Sunday night dude....we get on the juice :D

DMNTD
14th July 2006, 21:21
Stay at Camellia Court on the Sunday night dude....we get on the juice :D
Oh but I'll have to get back for work....oh that's right :blip:
Hell yeah Korn...would be keen to get my knee-down with some bourbons mate :doobey:

FROSTY
21st July 2006, 08:05
This is definitely still going ahead and its looking to be a great day

FROSTY
12th August 2006, 08:16
ok you lot--NOW is the time to start booking places--- I hate saying Im booked up --so come on get ya fingers out

speights_bud
14th August 2006, 16:27
Hey Frosty,
Can we have the track day sign up list updated? i made payment last Weekend and sent you a pm, but haven't heard back on anything yet.
Any Prob's just send me a PM.
Cheers

It's gonna be great!

Squeak the Rat
17th August 2006, 09:31
With some slight trepidation I think I might sign up for my first ever track day on my budget roadster.......gulp.....be gentle.....

FROSTY
17th August 2006, 10:02
ok its now only 2.5 months tilltrack day
I really havent got the numbers to go ahead
I need moolah in account pronto

Big Chim
17th August 2006, 18:24
ok its now only 2.5 months tilltrack day
I really havent got the numbers to go ahead
I need moolah in account pronto

If all else fails will you go the shorter track?

Kyle
17th August 2006, 23:29
I was planing on signing up but more like one month in advance, two and half months is too far away for me, for all i know my bike will blow up before then.

fatboyfraser
29th August 2006, 10:36
At last I've managed to get my arse into gear and sign up. Now I just have to decide which of my two race prepped wonders I'll be riding. My preferred choice is the 1988 240Kg GSX1100F (I can hear you R1 riders quaking in fear) but if that expires from morbid obesity before November I think I could be competitive on my KLR650. As long as I ride it in a small circles in the grass area in the centre of the track.

FROSTY
29th August 2006, 14:45
guys this is still on
We will be pitting in the OLD pits this time--due to the endure being on

FROSTY
31st August 2006, 16:50
Y ou wanted more track days so you got it
Now Ive only got 2900 in the kitty to wright a 6k cheque.
Pull ya fingers out and get ya money through
Its only 2 months to go

Squeak the Rat
4th September 2006, 20:30
Come on everyone! This will be my fisrt track day, so a) there'd better be enough people to make it a go and b) u fast feckers will have one less nana to contend with and c) if u don't go I can crow about how I would have given you the learn.

Seriuosly though, the track's looking mint, lets support Frosty running these things. If they become too hard to fill they will stop happening... Get in there - go the new track :wari:

LilSel
4th September 2006, 20:55
I would be keen as for this day... but unfortunately (kinda) I will be in Venezuela representing ya'll!
Te he Wish me luck :D
Have a blast everyone!

SuperDave
4th September 2006, 21:00
I'll be in Frosty - Just I havn't gone through and read all this info yet.
Would you send me a PM with your account details so I can send you the cash once I've read it all.

Thanks
Dave

ZeroIndex
4th September 2006, 21:08
I'll see what I can do.. just gotta get my bike up to 'my acceptable track spec', and I'm hoping that will leave enough money for the trackday..

Street Hawk
4th September 2006, 21:15
hey frosty are 250's aloud? or am i gonna hold up the pac?:innocent:

SuperDave
4th September 2006, 21:17
Shit, just read the info now and question has been answered.
Will transfer a deposit to you tonight sometime.

FROSTY
4th September 2006, 21:40
250s 150s --heck trhere was a 50 bucket at one

Harleyman30
4th September 2006, 22:51
What about good ol Harley Davidsons Frosty??

FROSTY
4th September 2006, 23:18
you go for it dude:Punk:

Meekey_Mouse
7th September 2006, 08:17
Got a couple of questions.... Can spectators go, if so how much is it to be a spectator and is there one on tomorrow?? :)

FROSTY
7th September 2006, 08:25
spectators are free

Keystone19
7th September 2006, 10:26
Got a couple of questions.... Can spectators go, if so how much is it to be a spectator and is there one on tomorrow?? :)

There is a track day on tomorrow (www.motott.co.nz) but it is not a Kiwibiker one.

Cleve
7th September 2006, 18:18
Hey Frosty. Hope you got my $100 that I put in yesterday.
When possible please confirm and add my name to list.
Should be a fun day.
Cheers

jade
7th September 2006, 18:59
I'll do my best to get in this trackday..
test riding a new aprilia rs250 tmoro.. if I buy it, im in

Sparky Bills
7th September 2006, 22:51
So there are still places availible?

SuperDave
8th September 2006, 22:49
Hey Frosty, I transfered a deposit of $50 into your account a few days ago.
Just want to confirm that you received this and could you please put my name up on the list.

Thanks
Dave

Drunken Monkey
11th September 2006, 18:15
Just so people know, there's lots on that weekend and the place is full except for 2 more rooms they had put aside for "Party of Frost". They were just about to release these and allow them to be booked by anyone, so if you want to stay at Cemellia Court with all the other cool cats, then you better ring them ASAP.

texmo
11th September 2006, 18:28
Got their number?

SuperDave
11th September 2006, 18:29
Hey Drunken Monkey, won't there be other places available or is Taupo meant to be so packed around this time that everywhere will be booked out?

Drunken Monkey
11th September 2006, 21:04
Got their number?

www.whitepages.co.nz

Hey Drunken Monkey, won't there be other places available or is Taupo meant to be so packed around this time that everywhere will be booked out?

Apparently there is a lot on that weekend, including a visit by some of the Kiwi world MX champs, plus a few other sporting events going on. The word is _everything_ is going to be busy, not just Camelia Court.

Edit: Plus Camellia Court is where _it_ is at. You don't wanna be one of those squares who stays somewhere else now, do ya?

SuperDave
11th September 2006, 21:20
Guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow then. Thanks for the heads up.
I transferred a deposit to Frosty over a week ago but my name is still not on the list :confused: Might need to give Frosty a call tomorrow sometime too then.

Big Chim
11th September 2006, 21:26
hey frosty are 250's a loud?

Yeah mines loud.

Get into it, the track is the bizzo

texmo
11th September 2006, 21:27
Guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow then. Thanks for the heads up.
I transferred a deposit to Frosty over a week ago but my name is still not on the list :confused: Might need to give Frosty a call tomorrow sometime too then.

wanna go halfs in a room? thats if there is more than one bed per room....:love:

SuperDave
11th September 2006, 22:36
wanna go halfs in a room? thats if there is more than one bed per room....:love:

Sure man. I was just gonna phone Camellia court tomorrow and see if they could reserve a place for me under the spaces available for Party of Frost. I'm assuming that the Party of Frost is really just an unfilled reservation of a couple of 5/6 people rooms but heck I have no idea really.

To be honest I'm not fussed at all where I stay, as long as I have a decent place to sleep that's not overly expensive. Don't need to stay where everyone else is staying because it's the 'cool' place to be.

The reason I'm going down is to go ride on the track! :yes:

Drunken Monkey
11th September 2006, 23:08
I'm not sure about the cabins, they usually go pretty quick (ask Frosty). The last ones, as far as I know, are 2 bed motel suites. $85 per room. They usually let a 3rd crash on the floor for $20 or so.

FROSTY
12th September 2006, 08:21
Id be booking rooms pretty darn fast if I were you guys---The cabins are the bizzo-cheap as--only trouble is ya gotta supply ya own bedding or pay a bit extra for their bedding

Id be booking rooms pretty darn fast if I were you guys---The cabins are the bizzo-cheap as--only trouble is ya gotta supply ya own bedding or pay a bit extra for their bedding

Yeh they're pretty booked up apparently.

I've literally just called up and booked up a twin room, apparently they only have a couple left so best to get in there.

MD
13th September 2006, 11:06
OK Frosty put me down. I will transfer $100 to you in a minute under MD of course.
I have booked in at the Barcelona motel. Is anyone else staying there? That Golf course Motel was a dump last time. Hope this Barcelona is more up market.
Doesn't look like many Wgtn people are in. Bugger.

VasalineWarrior
13th September 2006, 11:11
Sure they are MD! Me, Velox and pistol pete are going up-sounds like camellia might be full soonish so let us know how much the place your staying at costs cause it might be an option by the time us three figure out where we're sleepin :rockon:

skelstar
13th September 2006, 11:14
Gotta get my A into G and get into this TD.

Welly represent!

MD
13th September 2006, 12:07
Sure they are MD! Me, Velox and pistol pete are going up-sounds like camellia might be full soonish so let us know how much the place your staying at costs cause it might be an option by the time us three figure out where we're sleepin :rockon:

It was $140 for a family unit which sounds OK to me. I used yellowpages.co.nz which has a link to Barcelona's website for pretty pictures. Looks tidy. If you guys need sleeping/wet gear carted up drop me a pm. Friendly cartage rate is only $1/km per kg

skelstar
13th September 2006, 12:32
...Friendly cartage rate is only $1/km per kg
Sounds good! How about we recognise you as a fellow welly HC member for $1/min/recognisee? :)

Fatjim
13th September 2006, 13:36
It was $140 for a family unit which sounds OK to me. I used yellowpages.co.nz which has a link to Barcelona's website for pretty pictures. Looks tidy. If you guys need sleeping/wet gear carted up drop me a pm. Friendly cartage rate is only $1/km per kg

I might take you up on that. You taking a trailer. If not I might.

MD
13th September 2006, 14:51
I might take you up on that. You taking a trailer. If not I might.
Yeah trailer up. Don't have room for a second bike but can take gear. Bear in mind I'll have four bods in the car already.

Jim, can you pack that 12ft steel trailer ramp into your backpack for me! I'll bring your change of undies and socks up in the car, you bring the ramp on the back of your 998. Those bikes have great luggage capacity. Bloody worked well your ramp over my budget homemade wooden plank.
Second thoughts, I don't want to know about your undies.

sels1
14th September 2006, 13:11
Thought I better get my A into G too. Just booked a room at the Barcelona as well.

SuperDave
14th September 2006, 20:26
Has anyone booked a room that sleeps like 5 people or something and looking for some more people to share the room and keep the price per a head down?

I've got a twin room booked for Saturday night only. Planning to ride back Sunday evening after the day. $40 and you're in.

SuperDave
14th September 2006, 23:28
I've got a twin room booked for Saturday night only. Planning to ride back Sunday evening after the day. $40 and you're in.

I'm in Mr Weasel. I'll be taking my bike down on the back of a van though.

SuperDave
14th September 2006, 23:29
Oh and where have you booked? Camellia?

R6_kid
14th September 2006, 23:29
I'm in Mr Weasel.

you sure? he's not making any noise.... you touching the sides?

SuperDave
14th September 2006, 23:44
Gareth reckons I sound over eager...what I meant to say was

"Hey Weasel, yeah that sounds alright, think that would be fine. Will be taking my bike down on a van though"

I'm in Mr Weasel. I'll be taking my bike down on the back of a van though.

Cool.

Oh and where have you booked? Camellia?

Yes mate, just one of the twin rooms. Think it might have a bed in the living area as well if you wanna cut the costs a little more?

you sure? he's not making any noise.... you touching the sides?

You're just jealous :shit:

texmo
15th September 2006, 10:00
OK wealsel I will take the floor or bed in the living room ok?

No worries... should have a bed really, most of the other rooms seemed to.

SuperDave
15th September 2006, 13:49
OK wealsel I will take the floor or bed in the living room ok?

Sweet, I thought you'd be quick to jump in.
Looking forward to this trackday.

Yeh should be pretty sweet eh. About 7 weeks away now isn't it?

FROSTY
17th September 2006, 21:59
ok folks I have HALF the number needed to run the day --sighn up

MSTRS
18th September 2006, 10:32
2 more paid up - MSTRS and hXc. C'mon peoples - the only losers are those that don't do it AND it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Do I have to leave my clothes on?

MSTRS
18th September 2006, 10:45
Do I have to leave my clothes on?

Full riding gear a must - besides, been watching Taupo's temperatures recently??

Yeh, I was there for the may trackday... that was just a little chilly... hopeing this one will be a little better.

MikeyG
18th September 2006, 11:06

I intend to be there on a GN, it won't be you holding up the pack

It'll be easy enough to get past you, you won't be holding people up.

FROSTY
19th September 2006, 08:26
folks The track is pretty darn big --as in a fast guy is taking almost 2 minutes to get round --I doubt anybody will have problems passing

Tony.OK
19th September 2006, 11:57
Excuse my ignorance,but if I pay the $50 deposit does that make the balance to pay $75 or $50.Am pretty keen at this point.Cheers.

MSTRS
19th September 2006, 12:49
I read it that as long as Frosty receives a total of $100 on or before 10.10.06 then it makes no difference if you split the payment

FROSTY
19th September 2006, 21:05
bung ya moolah in dude--as long as Ive got payment in full 2 weeks before the event all is good

Tony.OK
19th September 2006, 23:19
Does payment in full come with a guarantee of fine hot weather ;)
Would hate to put on my supa corsa's for a wet track lol.

I'll guarantee good weather**

**not an actual guarantee

Slapnuts
20th September 2006, 06:42
How'd,
I want to bring two bikes, does that mean i need to pay twice?
Cheers

FROSTY
20th September 2006, 10:17
Slap
Bring as many bikes as ya like. As long as you ride either bike in your speed group all will be fine.
Ill be marking the rider not the bike for this track day

Slapnuts
20th September 2006, 12:23
Sweet dude, im in, deposit paid today at 12:10pm c u there!

texmo
20th September 2006, 12:38
Slap
Bring as many bikes as ya like. As long as you ride either bike in your speed group all will be fine.
Ill be marking the rider not the bike for this track day

So can I bring my gsxr, zxr and scooter?

SuperDave
20th September 2006, 15:52
So can I bring my gsxr, zxr and scooter?

Can I ride the scooter?

texmo
20th September 2006, 16:19
Can I ride the scooter?

Sure, but I will probbly be riding down. I just need to find someoen to take down my warmers and stands.

SuperDave
20th September 2006, 16:35
Sure, but I will probbly be riding down. I just need to find someoen to take down my warmers and stands.

Maybe not. I will be sorting out my dad's work van next weekend. If all goes to plan, it should fit two 600's securely on the back. You're welcome to have the 2nd place and go halves in the diesel to get us down there.

It's a twincab too, so plenty of space on the back seats for helmets, stands, gear, etc.

texmo
20th September 2006, 19:45
Maybe not. I will be sorting out my dad's work van next weekend. If all goes to plan, it should fit two 600's securely on the back. You're welcome to have the 2nd place and go halves in the diesel to get us down there.

It's a twincab too, so plenty of space on the back seats for helmets, stands, gear, etc.

sweet dude im keen as a bean.

MikeyG
20th September 2006, 20:26
Right you all, I'm all paid up so prepare to be lapped by the mighty GN250

You gonna be going the other way around the track or something?

Tony.OK
21st September 2006, 01:11
Hundy paid,roll on the 5th. :)

FROSTY
23rd September 2006, 19:14
ok folks im opening this up to ALL sports bikers
I need 50 more confirmed within a month

The_Dover
23rd September 2006, 19:31
Put me and Vicky down Frosty.

I'll put the money across ASAP

Put me and Vicky down Frosty.

I'll put the money across ASAP

Another one for the newbie group... and Vicky has gotta be a medium right? :Pokey:

The_Dover
23rd September 2006, 20:08
Another one for the newbie group... and Vicky has gotta be a medium right? :Pokey:

Never been on the track so yeah bro.

As for Vicky, it's probably best if she goes out on her own.

FROSTY
23rd September 2006, 20:18
actually dover--as at now theres 5 classes --fast med/medslow slow and dover--for dover Ill just follow on behind in the van waiting for the jandle :spanking:

boomer
23rd September 2006, 20:29
Good on ya Ben & Vic!!!

now we can really give it teh jandle :2thumbsup

texmo
23rd September 2006, 20:58
Good on ya Ben & Vic!!!

sweet if I hand it over to you afterwards?

Looking fowards to this big time, got out on my first ride today and my second ride on a 600 will be at puke. here I come 1:06's....

Kornholio
23rd September 2006, 21:51
Good on ya Ben & Vic!!!

Booyakasha :p

boomer
23rd September 2006, 22:28
Booyakasha :p

iz it cos meez injun?

FROSTY
24th September 2006, 09:33
The track day is as at NOW open to any bikers--KB or non KB
PLEASE folk tell ya freindds etc --any biker types about this day

Clivoris
24th September 2006, 11:00
Frosty,
I have paid up for myself and a mate Rocket Rod. He aint able to make it now. Is it ok to use his slot for another mate?

Croft
24th September 2006, 19:08
Hmmmm.... what happens if you don't the numbers you're wanting?

Velox
24th September 2006, 22:56
Hey Frosty - I've just flicked ya $100 so can you confirm that it goes through? Cheers mate.

bugjuice
25th September 2006, 08:09
in wiv a grin. trans money across soon

dss3
25th September 2006, 08:25
Also just put in the $$$

Arven
25th September 2006, 15:17
Yep! I will be in Frosty. Will transfer the cash next payday! :)

FROSTY
25th September 2006, 22:09
ok guys --Im sitting at about $4500
The go/no go point is 5500

texmo
25th September 2006, 22:17
theres still a month thats only 10 more people aint it?

theres still a month thats only 10 more people aint it?

11 Actually...

Sent ya a pm before frosty but must have got lost in the mail... I'm only having one place, but you've got me down twice. I've paid $100 but in two installments of $50.

9texmo- 100.00
10 Weasel 50.00
11Kickaha gonna be lapped 10 times by frosty 50.00
12 SELSone 20.00
13Tim_F 50.00
14CORGHI 100
15 Weasel 50
16Blackbuell 100.00

FROSTY
25th September 2006, 23:08
11 places to fill--go/no go is 2 weeks from now

slowpoke
26th September 2006, 05:58
It's not really gonna help but I'm HOPING to be there....I've gotta get a few ducks in a row to make it happen but they keep waddling off in all bloody directions......I might have to show them the chooks in the freezer and tell 'em they're next if they don't start behaving....

texmo
26th September 2006, 13:03
so what happens if this gets set back?

FROSTY
26th September 2006, 22:05
it wont be put off--

FROSTY
27th September 2006, 22:39
fingers outa asses people

Velox
28th September 2006, 19:55
Frosty - did you get my $ ok?

FROSTY
30th September 2006, 18:47
OK Folks --Im about 40 people short
Ive decided to supply a sweetener
AS LONG AS i GET TO 100 ENTRYS
everybody is in the draw to win a paddock /pit stand set.
1 front and one rear pit stand
so you lot --call ya mates call ya girlfreinds -- you have a 1 in 100 chance to win

texmo
1st October 2006, 02:56
11 places to fill--go/no go is 2 weeks from now

where did 40 come from?

babyB
1st October 2006, 14:14
well theres 1 less now :banana: im in:banana: :banana:

M1CRO
1st October 2006, 15:59
well theres 1 less now :banana: im in:banana: :banana:

Make that -2... ditto :2thumbsup

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 08:33
Hey FROSTY,

Would getting the transponders and associated gear that the race meeting people use help get people to the track?

I dont mind driving that stuff during the day.

ajturbo
2nd October 2006, 10:40
Hey FROSTY,

Would getting the transponders and associated gear that the race meeting people use help get people to the track?

oooo you mean it is a race now????

ajturbo
2nd October 2006, 10:45
Can I ride the scooter?

should i chuck mine is also........????only thing, we have the track for one day, so ... one lap and pack up :whistle:

oooo you mean it is a race now????

I would imagine that timed laps would invalidate a lot of peoples insurance.

From what I'm aware a trackday is covered by standard insurance unless the laps are being timed, in which case it becomes a race and race insurance is needed.

Quasievil
2nd October 2006, 11:07
I would imagine that timed laps would invalidate a lot of peoples insurance.

From what I'm aware a trackday is covered by standard insurance unless the laps are being timed, in which case it becomes a race and race insurance is needed.

You are 100% right there , if its timed Im out (hang on I aint in really eh?)
me better pay some coins

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 11:35
Not everyones laps are timed, therefore not a race maybe?

I can just merit in the racers going out and getting some sort of feedback as to how fast they are going.

Im sure loosebruce, dss et al aren't out there for a potter around on their trackbikes.

ajturbo
2nd October 2006, 13:56
yer that is what i was referring to.....

SuperDave
2nd October 2006, 18:17
Maybe I actually am still covered by my insurance whilst on the track then.

FROSTY
2nd October 2006, 18:39
Hey FROSTY,

Thanks a million for the offer mate but Ill have to say NO -explained below.

Please guys to lay rest to the bullshit
Regarding insurance cover.
MY EVENT INSURANCE COVER SPECIFICLY EXCLUDES RACE OR TIMED EVENTS
rEGARDING INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE
In MOST cases the EVENT is what is being refered to not any one individuals personal choice
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE :whistle: :whistle:
Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company

Maybe I actually am still covered by my insurance whilst on the track then.

Most companies do as far as I'm aware... as long as it's not timed or places awarded then it's basically just going round and round on a piece of closed road. So insurance should be sweet.

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 19:37
Yeah check with insurance company. Call it a 'rider improvement day'.

Toast
3rd October 2006, 21:58
$ one hundy on its way to your account Frosty.

boomer
3rd October 2006, 22:05
Tony,

i paid the last 50 today mate.

Dover... get ya money down bro for you and VIc

The_Dover
3rd October 2006, 22:08
can I borrow 100 bucks boomer?

boomer
3rd October 2006, 22:10
you want me to put 2 50's down for you and vic?

boomer
3rd October 2006, 22:20
Frosty,

i just put 100 in for Dover & Vixter ( 2 * 50's )

here;

Payee name T FRost
Payee account number 02-0152-0035747-66
Payment amount $100.00
Payment date 04 Oct 2006

Particulars 2 * Dover
Code from Boomer
Reference Taupo tkdy

SuperDave
3rd October 2006, 22:31
I think I'll transfer the remaining $50 tomorrow and save myself $20.

The_Dover
3rd October 2006, 22:36
you the man boomer.

i'll now allow you to give me the learn.

boomer
3rd October 2006, 22:45
you the man boomer.

well if you and the other gixxer boys ( and girls ) can keep it on the track for more than 1 lap then we'll have some fun

you the man boomer.

Sounds like fun... Me too?

FROSTY
4th October 2006, 08:18
OK FOLKS --THANK GOSH --iM NOW AT THE DEFINITELY GOING AHEAD POINT

bert_is_evil
4th October 2006, 08:40
YAY!!!
10 char

NinjaBoy
4th October 2006, 12:02
Hey Frosty, do you want to update this as to whether lunch is still included ? and which entrance to the track we're using this time ? :cool:

Arven
4th October 2006, 16:35
Hi Frosty! Just letting you know i have just made the full $100 payment. So check your account in a few days and it will show up! :banana: i put Arven as the refrence. Thanks!

FROSTY
4th October 2006, 20:34
Hey NINJABOY --thanks mate --Ill update the front page.
Basicly if I get full numbers lunch is still on
If i dont Ill have to axx lunch

CBobR
5th October 2006, 12:27
Just put in $100, cheers Frosty.

spada
5th October 2006, 12:42
Hay ya FROSTY,
I've paid the full hundy in as well. Should be in your account sometime soon.

Yay, track day!:wari:

robertydog
6th October 2006, 13:12
Hey Frosty.
Im in and have paid into yr account.

cheers

boomer
6th October 2006, 15:45
Hey Frosty me old mucka,

can i have some of my coin back, i only meant to pay $100..

17Boomer 10000

Indiana_Jones
6th October 2006, 20:18
Can I work in the commentary box Frosty? :D

Oh pretty please!

...pm me, You know you want to :D

-Indy

slob
9th October 2006, 12:57
Hey Frosty, I'm not sure if there are any free spots left, but I just bunged my $100 into you account anyway!

texmo
9th October 2006, 15:27
Hey Frosty, I'm not sure if there are any free spots left, but I just bunged my $100 into you account anyway!

you gonna be there on the mighty cm200?

Squeak the Rat
9th October 2006, 16:01
How does the group allocation work? My first track day and I have no idea how fast I am.........

FROSTY
9th October 2006, 19:41

Oh pretty please!

-Indy
If you wanna come down and help out all good--but er there wont be a commentary box

Oh pretty please!

-Indy

If you wanna come down and help out all good--but er there wont be a commentary box

If he get's an umbrella and a pair of skintight shorts he can be my pit bitch!

SuperDave
9th October 2006, 22:09
Hey Frosty I have just wired over the remaining $50, hopefully it's not too late to still get the $100 trackday deal. Only just remembered it, good thing it's not the 10th yet!

Indiana_Jones
9th October 2006, 22:20
If he get's an umbrella and a pair of skintight shorts he can be my pit bitch!

Don't make me take that offer up lol

-Indy

slob
10th October 2006, 08:08
you gonna be there on the mighty cm200?

You know, that might not be such a bad idea, considering that it's got no brakes (dunno how it got WOF'd) I'd be improving my corner speed heaps!

:shifty:

jetboy
10th October 2006, 15:26
Hey Frosty - will there be any sort of training involved, or is this just a general hoon around the track?

Blackbuell
10th October 2006, 16:48
Hey Frosty - will there be any sort of training involved, or is this just a general hoon around the track?

I have spoken to Frosty,he has said there will be a number of people there that will be training riders as they go around the track,there is no timing of anyone.
These Trackdays that Frosty organise are not race days,they are training days for riders to go out on a track under controlled enviroment & learn skills they can possibly use on the road.

Blackbuell
10th October 2006, 16:52
For everyone who is going to this Trackday,make sure you approach your insurance company,to check to see if you are covered for Track/Training Days you could well be suprised that you are not covered????

SpankMe
12th October 2006, 14:40
Being the slack bastard that I am I left confirming my booking at Camellia court too late, so now I'm staying at Alpine Lake Motor Lodge (http://www.alpinelake.co.nz/). I tried to get a nice hotel room, but they are all booked out.

WRT
12th October 2006, 14:47

Oh pretty please!

-Indy

Why, sure Indy, step this way . . . we have the perfect place for you to talk shit.

ManDownUnder
12th October 2006, 15:11
Why, sure Indy, step this way . . . we have the perfect place for you to talk shit.

Dr Who's little known outhouse - the turdis...

FROSTY
14th October 2006, 17:46
well you lot --tis less than a month to go

Mental Trousers
14th October 2006, 19:11
Being the slack bastard that I am I left confirming my booking at Camellia court too late, so now I'm staying at Alpine Lake Motor Lodge (http://www.alpinelake.co.nz/). I tried to get a nice hotel room, but they are all booked out.

I'm a couple of blocks down the road from you at the Twin Peaks Lakeside Inn (http://www.solarsystem.co.nz/mtl/twinpe.htm). The Camellia Court has been booked out for a while now (rooms not cabins) so went for a different one but they accidentally overbooked and got us a room at the Twin Peaks for the same price. Bonus.

DEATH_INC.
15th October 2006, 08:00
Ummmm, Frosty, I think mines gone through as draco, she can't come unfortunately, finals and stuff.....

FROSTY
15th October 2006, 17:34
well then me ol mate --best ya strap on a bra and wear a wig then aye :2thumbsup
too late to change it now
:spanking:

NhuanH
15th October 2006, 19:20
ermmm, "i'm coming down too" Frosty.

Monetary arrangements and stuff tomorrow. The Duck of Madness and Doogal know I'm good for it...

TONO
15th October 2006, 19:45
Frosty just done the $100 payment for the 5th Nov by internet, will be in your account tomorrow.:calm:
Particulars: WeeStromer
Ref; Taupo 4th...... yes i know put the wrong date.:spanking:

El Dopa
17th October 2006, 17:05
Is anyone trailering down to this who has a spare space for a bike? Happy to share driving/petrol.

I'm thinking of coming down as a late entry trackday noob.

jahrasti
17th October 2006, 19:14
Frosty, paid today

riffer
18th October 2006, 13:45
Hey, can any of you Welly guys help out eMan?

He's going to the track day, and his rear tyre's a bit shagged.

I've got a great METZELER Z6 he can use, with just the centre worn, but he needs it for the trackday.

Can any Welly KB'ers take it up to the track day for him? I'm in Upper Hutt but can drop off the tyre if you like.

bert_is_evil
18th October 2006, 13:54
Hey, can any of you Welly guys help out eMan?

He's going to the track day, and his rear tyre's a bit shagged.

I've got a great METZELER Z6 he can use, with just the centre worn, but he needs it for the trackday.

Can any Welly KB'ers take it up to the track day for him? I'm in Upper Hutt but can drop off the tyre if you like.

I can take it with me - PM me if you need

riffer
18th October 2006, 14:14
I will PM Bert. Thanks heaps from Jon and I.

emaN
18th October 2006, 14:54
I will PM Bert. Thanks heaps from Jon and I.

:psst: psst - i'm actually doing the Suzuki day, next Sat :yes:

riffer
18th October 2006, 15:05
arse.

Anyone gong to that one too?

nzldth
20th October 2006, 12:15
Hi guys,

Unfortuanately have binned my bike last sat but have fortuanately escaped with only a snapped collar bone....the bike on the other hand has not faired so well after the altercation with a straining post at 60kph!

Thus, if anyone is interested in my track day ticket, let me know as i wont be up for riding so soon...gutted i cant make track day!!

Let me know cheers Dave

babyB
22nd October 2006, 09:19
14 more sleeps ppl:sunny:

ajturbo
22nd October 2006, 10:20
14 more sleeps ppl:sunny:

lets all hope that the weather is better than what we are having here at the moment... just got back from manfield, was allowed to take the van around to check out how much water was on the track.... i think a jet ski would have been a better choice!!!

yes there is a lot of water on the track, and it is NOT moving off!!!

NinjaNanna
24th October 2006, 09:23
Hi Frosty

How many spots are still available in the slowest 2 catagories? Also whats the story if we show up on the day, I get the impression that it is possible that there may be no spots left and we could only be spectators??? Whats the maximum number of spots per catagory?

Cheers

NN

MikeyG
24th October 2006, 12:30
arse.

Anyone gong to that one too?

Yep I'm going up to both and have room for a tyre.

If anyone has room to take my bike up or back on trailer/in van that would help out, otherwise it's good old mainfreight

boomer
24th October 2006, 13:14
i haven't booked a room; anyone got a sleeping utensil(COVERED) i can kip on for the night before? otherwise i'll ride down in the mornin.

NOT LONG NOW!!!:scooter:

kiwifruit
24th October 2006, 13:51
you (and dover if he still wants) can crash in the lounge if ya like, i dont have spare bed but have floor.

i haven't booked a room; anyone got a sleeping utensil(COVERED) i can kip on for the night before? otherwise i'll ride down in the mornin.

NOT LONG NOW!!!:scooter:

The_Dover
24th October 2006, 16:09
i dunno bro, boomer might try and slip me the stiff pink one eye.

boomer
24th October 2006, 16:13
Cheers KiwiFruit.. i'm happy either way; Dover has his pillows, aka Vixter coming, so can the offer extend to 3 on teh floor??; we'll probably all stack like Lego, Vix in the middle :sunny:

Ben.. whats the haps?

The_Dover
24th October 2006, 16:15
I'll speak to her tonight and see if she can accomodate you ;)

free is always better for me dude, I've got some air mattresses that I can bring if there's room.

boomer
24th October 2006, 16:18
I'll speak to her tonight and see if she can accomodate you ;)

free is always better for me dude, I've got some air mattresses that I can bring if there's room.

Sweet, so if KiwiFruits a go-er then thunderbirds are go. I've already spoke to Vix and she said FUCK YEAH, infact your sleepin in teh car :bye:

MikeyG
24th October 2006, 16:27
Anyone coming back to Wellington from the Taupo TD4 with room to take an extra bike? I can put in for gas.

Cheers

texmo
24th October 2006, 16:54
i dunno bro, boomer might try and slip me the stiff pink one eye.

Brings back fond memories of the last KB track day waking up at sparrows fart to dover humping juzzer with both of them naked shouting out we got woodies.... then they saw me and started to move my way, gets you up faster than a bucket of cold water I tells ya.

Fatjim
24th October 2006, 16:56
Mmmm, memories.

Clamidia Court came alive.

FROSTY
24th October 2006, 19:50
Hi Frosty

How many spots are still available in the slowest 2 catagories? Also whats the story if we show up on the day, I get the impression that it is possible that there may be no spots left and we could only be spectators??? Whats the maximum number of spots per catagory?

Cheers

NN
Bung ya deposit in the account
Im not having EOD but if you're not sure just pay the deposit then youve got a buck each way

Gixxer 4 ever
27th October 2006, 20:06
Anyone want my booking for the TD4? I am still going and will be working on the track doing bike recovery. I have sold my bike and will not get the replacement till after the day. So I can take my van and trailer up and spend the day fetching so Frosty can get a break. Price is $100. I will give you my account number and you can pay me online.
First PM gets it. I will be away at the track tomorrow but the PM's have a time so first in gets it. Cheers people.

Well the 7 day forcast is up... fingers crossed we get some good weather.

slob
29th October 2006, 11:41
Not quite sure if my bike's gonna be ready by the weekend (waiting on a part delivery), so if anyone wants to pay me the $100 and take my place, just PM me..

What's the deal with the pits now anyways? We using the old pits now?

Gixxer 4 ever
29th October 2006, 14:18
We used the new pits yesterday but only as a dummy grid. The bikes were all parked in the car park behind the construction area. Worked very well. Cones stopped the people who were leaving the track coming down pit lane. They directed them out the gate.

FROSTY
29th October 2006, 16:43
BECAUSE THE 7 DAY ENDURO IS USING THE TOP PITS WE ARE USING THE OLD PITS.
To be honest folks im pretty happy with that--This means we can use the covered over varanda as a viewing area and sighn on spot

Leong
29th October 2006, 17:21
Hey Frosty, are we using the new A1 track next weekend, or the one we used yesterday where we used the tight chicane to join the old track....Hope they don't get rid of all the fun bits!!

FROSTY
30th October 2006, 07:23
Hey Frosty, are we using the new A1 track next weekend, or the one we used yesterday where we used the tight chicane to join the old track....Hope they don't get rid of all the fun bits!!
Watch out mate--the mood Im in this morning Ill use the friggin old track
--nahh seriously Ive gotta see what it looks like on the day

chocolate_thunder
30th October 2006, 11:06
Hi guys,

Unfortuanately have binned my bike last sat but have fortuanately escaped with only a snapped collar bone....the bike on the other hand has not faired so well after the altercation with a straining post at 60kph!

Thus, if anyone is interested in my track day ticket, let me know as i wont be up for riding so soon...gutted i cant make track day!!

Let me know cheers Dave
Still got that ticket bro???

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 11:10
can the offer extend to 3 on teh floor??

yep, thats sweet man

DEATH_INC.
30th October 2006, 15:32
A1track A1track A1track A1 track please, I friggin hate that stupid stop-go chicane!

MikeyG
30th October 2006, 15:41
A1track A1track A1track A1 track please, I friggin hate that stupid stop-go chicane!

Looking at the map I think we need to use the tight chicane b'cos we are using the old pit lane.

Anyway straights are boring on the GN, can we get rid of them and have a few more twisties please???

Gixxer 4 ever
30th October 2006, 17:54
Anyone want my booking for the TD4? I am still going and will be working on the track doing bike recovery. I have sold my bike and will not get the replacement till after the day. So I can take my van and trailer up and spend the day fetching so Frosty can get a break. Price is $100. I will give you my account number and you can pay me online.
First PM gets it. I will be away at the track tomorrow but the PM's have a time so first in gets it. Cheers people.

Looks like it is sold. I will know on Wednesday. Thanks for the mail ppl.

Two Smoker
30th October 2006, 20:02
Bit of a late entry... See you guys on sunday... Just look for the black and red bike wobbling around at a snails pace with the number 17 on it...

bert_is_evil
1st November 2006, 08:07
My apologies if this is a stupid question (I've never been to a track). My 250 has a teeny tiny tank and seems to require constant refilling - is there a place to fill up near/at the track or should I bring a jerry can or something with me?

MikeyG
1st November 2006, 08:17
My apologies if this is a stupid question (I've never been to a track). My 250 has a teeny tiny tank and seems to require constant refilling - is there a place to fill up near/at the track or should I bring a jerry can or something with me?

The GN only has a 10 litre tank and I used less than that last weekend - 4 sessions with a lot of time running at high revs.

There is a gas station about 3km down the road but most people seem to bring cans

MSTRS
1st November 2006, 08:18

BP is about 3-4km from track.
Fill up before going to track & you will probably go all day. Most people do less than 100kms in a day

MSTRS
1st November 2006, 08:22
Is anyone whose staying Sat night having some sort of socialising happening?

bert_is_evil
1st November 2006, 08:25
Cool, thanks.

I jumped on the 250 last night after riding solely the ace for about the past month - felt like I was riding a noisy mountain bike!

texmo
1st November 2006, 09:42
Is anyone whose staying Sat night having some sort of socialising happening?

camela court or what ever it is?

boomer
1st November 2006, 09:49
i'll be showing Dover the pink eye :yes:

MSTRS
1st November 2006, 09:54
camela court or what ever it is?

Or where-ever. We are staying with family, but would be nice to meet/catchup with KBers without the time constraints at the track.