PDA

View Full Version : Shopping on the WWW rocks

Thumper
14th January 2006, 22:59
Six months back I was looking for a sissy bar for my VL1500. Went to a local agency and was quoted about NZ$550. Shopped around at a few other shops and all were between NZ$520 and NZ$600. Went on line and found a great selection of Sissy bars. Ordered one for US$185 + US$35 UPS and it arrived four days later with full fitment instructions. Half an hour later is was fitted. Two weeks ago I went back to the site and ordered a highway bar, new passenger foot pegs, chrome oil filter cover and some other chrome bits and pieces. US$310 for the lot + US$35 UPS shipping. Placed the order on line on Thursday evening and the following Monday morning the goodies were delivered to my front door. By Monday evening all the bits were fitted. Fantastic!!! I now only use www.bikercom.com. They even list NZ on the shipping options and accurately calculate shipping at time of order. The order is confirmed with the UPS tracking number and you can watch your goodies making there way across the world towards you. Another great site that ships to NZ is www.cruisercustomizing.com. Shipping is more expensive but fantastic range. My focus is primarily on stuff for metric cruisers (non Harley), and availability in NZ is pathetic. Web sites such as the ones I have listed give us Jap Cruiser riders access to equipment which none of the local shops will ever hold. Shopping on the web rocks!:2thumbsup

Brian d marge
15th January 2006, 01:04
Yup gone are the days of crap service , just hop on line and buy the stuff ...
I buy cylinderheads , send drawings for parts to be made , As I have said before ..RARELy do I get the service i require in NZ ...( all I want is a time ..it will be there in X days/months not interested in excuses as I have customers down stream .
In all the time I have been shooping on the internet only ONCE did an order not go through !
I will have a look at that website ,,,you never know !!!

Stephen

Vagabond
15th January 2006, 06:00
Iv'e used cruisercustomising a couple of times and never had a problem, will have a nosey at that other site though.

Jackrat
15th January 2006, 06:07
Yep,the last one to leave NZ please turn off the lights.
I can get EVERYTHING from unbiased advice to impossible to get in NZ parts, with a push of a button.
No need to put up with dealers who can't even bother returning your phone calls or Emails,,I may not of had an R1 Mr Red Baron but I did have the bloody money.Now somebody else has it:clap:

Goblin
15th January 2006, 07:42
No need to put up with dealers who can't even bother returning your phone calls or Emails,,I may not of had an R1 Mr Red Baron but I did have the bloody money.Now somebody else has it:clap:
Too bloody true! These shops that go on about "loyalty" FFS! They seem to think that everyone has more money than a bull can shit and charge accordingly. Good onya Jackrat.

sheddy
9th April 2006, 21:18
Yes my highway pegs arrived from the good ol USA the other day. Ebay WWW.A-ZPOWERSELLERS.COM Good service and well packed up. cheap at $125
including surface shipping. Pity the dollar is dropping as that affects things a little bit. Bolted sweetly onto the XV only thing I had to do was buy a longer through bolt as the standard bolt was 6mm short.

Vagabond
10th April 2006, 08:30
Yes my highway pegs arrived from the good ol USA the other day. Ebay WWW.A-ZPOWERSELLERS.COM Good service and well packed up. cheap at $125
including surface shipping. Pity the dollar is dropping as that affects things a little bit. Bolted sweetly onto the XV only thing I had to do was buy a longer through bolt as the standard bolt was 6mm short.
Gotta agree Powersellers are good, I just used them a week ago to purchase Muzzy slip-ons, got an unofficial quote from Mt Eden and they wanted +- $1700 got them from a-z including shipping for $950. Unfortunately just when the dollar took it's big dip :bash:
They were even cheaper than the Muzzy web site by $100 which is what the freight cost :yeah: