PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ladies

Brownbikerbabe
15th January 2006, 13:20
Thought I'd drop in to say hello from Canada. I am a newbie biker since August and have a Kawasaki Vulcan currently. It is in hybernation mode right now as we are in the middle of winter over here and I know we bikers are all just praying for spring to arrive early.

We do have some bikers here who have been doing their Polar Bear runs. :weird:

Way too cold for my taste. We saw a man on a chopper the other day, but he has a shop in town, so he could have been test riding it.

Hubby just told me he had an accident this AM because someone hit a patch of black ice on the road and T-boned his van. Thank God he is alright.

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you gals.

Cheers

crashe
15th January 2006, 14:06
Kia ora and welcome to the "Angels' section........:ride:

Maybe one day you and your man will make it down to NZ and ride on our roads... we have awesome roads here...
We also ride all year round here in NZ... a little bit of rain or cold :cold: doesnt put most of us off....:rofl:

Glad to hear that your man is ok after his wee accident ...

Riff Raff
15th January 2006, 14:30
Welcome to KB. :wavey: Hope to see a bit more of you on here.

Joni
15th January 2006, 14:45
Hi and welcome :2thumbsup
Always nice to see another lady onboard...

SpeedyGirl
15th January 2006, 17:32
And welcome.........nice to have another lady in here :woohoo:

Brownbikerbabe
16th January 2006, 17:21
Hi all,

Thank you for the warm words of welcome.

Riding all year, wow, I am jealous.

Here we are praying for the Sun gods to start up the heat already!:sunny:

Getting the itch, now that all the motorcycle shows have blown through town. Bought some really cool leathers and a new helmet:doobey: OK, where is the very happy shopper smilie?

Hubby is fine now, just waiting on the police report and the insurance guys.

Take care and ride safe.

Nicksta
16th January 2006, 17:31
Hello and welcome, i bet you have some awesome roads in Ontario, i've been to Ottawa but not seen the countryside, i've toured the east coast a lot but hopefully i'll make it further out west than Montreal soon... i'm coming up this summer for my 3rd in a row, so we will see, starting with the usual Laconia Bike week in New Hampshire... so might have to pick your brain at some point for good rides....

mstriumph
16th January 2006, 17:39
welcome!! :wavey:

irrespective of WHERE you are [f'rinstance, i'm in west australia...] there's plenty of interest on this site

......... good people

......... really [no, i mean REALLY] bad jokes ...........

......... useful information

- did i mention the bad jokes?? :chase:

Brownbikerbabe
17th January 2006, 12:44
Nicksta~Do you have family in Ontario? It's great that you like to visit here. We are in the middle of winter now and it is bloody cold . Not much snow just COLD! Hoping for snow so that the cold goes away.

Mstriumph~ I think this site is awesome and I love to meet new people from all over the world.....like penpals via the WWW. You are all so nice and friendly.

I have a question....I posted it under "site stuff" but no one can help me.
I was trying to upload an animated gif for my avatar and I keep getting the message "you cannot upload animated picture". Do you need to be a >200 post member or something first? How does it work? It's 60x60 pixels and 8KB only.

buellbabe
17th January 2006, 12:57
Hi and welcome... where abouts in Ontario are you?
My best mate is married to a lovely Canadian man and they live in Fergus. I visited them for a month last September and had a ball. Canadians are very much like Kiwis... really laid-back friendly people! So if yr bikes in 'hibernation' does that mean you didn't brave the weather for the 'Friday the 13th' biker do last week? :ride:

Brownbikerbabe
17th January 2006, 13:03
Buellbabe~ I am about an hour away of Fergus. I live just outside of Toronto in a small town called Bolton.

I was not out for the Friday 13th because I HATE the cold. Not the snow, the cold. And I cannot even imagine riding in the -15 degree weather, they would have to get a crowbar and pry me off the bike after I got frozen to it.
LOL.

buellbabe
17th January 2006, 13:10
Buellbabe~ I am about an hour away of Fergus. I live just outside of Toronto in a small town called Bolton.

I was not out for the Friday 13th because I HATE the cold. Not the snow, the cold. And I cannot even imagine riding in the -15 degree weather, they would have to get a crowbar and pry me off the bike after I got frozen to it.
LOL.

Yeah I love alpine weather but ya gotta draw the line somewhere! You wouldn't have got me out in -15 either!
We have a couple of rallies here in mid-winter, 'the Cold Kiwi' and 'the Brass Monkey'. They are great fun, just abit warmer although I remember having to wrap something around my battery at nite to guarantee it starting the next day!!!
Ah its all good...:woohoo:

kochikaren
18th January 2006, 15:58

LOL.

Ahhhhh ... good old Canada! I'm a Canuck too from WINNIPEG/WINTERpeg -- What's -15 to a Winnipegger? That's like SPRING! We're in T-shirts at +1!!! Heheh. :thud: Lucky me I've missed the whole snow bit this Xmas ... just got here September 05 so I had a nice warm Christmas over with my Kiwi inlaws ... who are very highly concerned about my well-being on my (future) bike!

Nicksta
18th January 2006, 18:47
[QUOTE=Brownbabe]Nicksta~Do you have family in Ontario? It's great that you like to visit here.

Hey Brownbabe, unfortunately no, although my friends are like family over there... I work in NH 4 months of the year (summertime) and always put aside a few weeks for visiting in Canada.... such friendly people.. and much like us kiwis.... I don't blame ya for not wanting to ride in -15... mighty cold... we are lucky and have mild winters compared and can ride all year... its great hearing from you on KB...:scooter:

Brownbikerbabe
19th January 2006, 08:47
Kochikaren~ Yes, we Ontarians have become quite the whiner's when it comes to winter.

A fellow canuck...and a Winter-pegger to boot!:not: WOW!

Yes, my in-laws are a bit worried about mine and hubby's new hobby too. I told my MIN not to blame me if God forbid something happened to my hubby on the bike. I've wanted to ride since I was 11 and had bugged hubby for years, and only last year did he say yes, we could get a bike, but now he is Mr. Obssessed! and I'm worried something might happen when he rides without me.:no: He tends to get a bit cocky on the bike and I hate it! To me being cocky means careless.

Buellbabe~We have people who do "Polar Bear runs" here. Riding in the winter those maniacs.

Nice to meet you all, ride safe.

crashe
19th January 2006, 09:00
Save up some pennies (cents) and head on over here for a holiday.

If you can come for at least one month you will be able to travel all over NZ (we have 2 islands) and see what a beautiful country we have here.:scooter:

The longer the holiday then you wont feel so rushed...
and you can hire m/bikes here as well.:scooter:

Plenty of KB folks around NZ who can put you up for a night or two... as you travel around.

buellbabe
19th January 2006, 09:08
Save up some pennies (cents) and head on over here for a holiday.

If you can come for at least one month you will be able to travel all over NZ (we have 2 islands) and see what a beautiful country we have here.:scooter:

The longer the holiday then you wont feel so rushed...
and you can hire m/bikes here as well.:scooter:

Plenty of KB folks around NZ who can put you up for a night or two... as you travel around.

DITTO What she said...
On that track , has anyone ever thought to put together a KB accomodation guide? If people are willing to offer a bed(s) for the nite etc they could put their details on a register... Be a bloody good way to travel the country and meet people!
:wari: :rockon: :2thumbsup

Brownbikerbabe
19th January 2006, 13:31
[B]What a great idea! I wanted to do something like that on my website but as you know, us North American's are a bit leery (paranoid):confused: about who we might be taking in.

I have an all women's website and if you girls are willing to set something up here between the two sites, I am game.

I would set up a special register for members only of course and we could set up a lodging page. Just an idea.

buellbabe
19th January 2006, 13:47
Well that sounds like a plan... I did a wee bit of riding when in Canada last year and would love to do a decent tour at some stage! I might post something in the general rave suggesting forming some kinda register and see what the reaction is...

Brownbikerbabe
19th January 2006, 13:52
Excellent!

Free to Ride
19th January 2006, 13:54
that sounds like a really good idea - i put up people from overseas on another site Im on - and it works really well, they just stay 2-3 nights, and its a lot of fun - and nothing would be better than having a cheap holiday like that

Brownbikerbabe
19th January 2006, 14:18
Freetoride~ That is really neat to here from someone who has done it before. Could you PM me with some details I want to get a head start on the registration page. About particulars and such.

Brownbikerbabe
20th January 2006, 14:12
Hi girls,

OK I have started polling on my website and other forums I belong to to see what the biker society says about a lodging's registry. There would of course be safety precautions set up such as references (from others they have stayed with and such) Kind of like on e-bay where people leave comments about the buyer and seller (that sort of thing). I will leave the polling of this forum to you girls. As I am a noob here and don't want to be forward, although I can be quite good at that when the need arises, but that is for another thread.