PDA

View Full Version : Madboy bins it

madboy
15th January 2006, 14:09
Yep... getting some knee down action, back wheel sliding then the bloody footpeg touches down and wahoo... all over rover. Came to a stop with the bike still on top of me. Heavy f***ers from that angle. Leathers did a good job though :devil2:

skelstar
15th January 2006, 14:24
Not cool dude. Whats the state of the bike?
Sorry, ment to ask if youre ok too ;)

froggyfrenchman
15th January 2006, 14:25
bike and rider fairly unharmed?

Dafe
15th January 2006, 14:28
Ratshit dude! Where abouts? Is the bike still in reasonable condition? Might be time to do the paint thing afterall. Glad to hear you're OK. I can't imagine it being very comfortable with a bike on top of you!

Please - don't tell me it was some cheap green tinted screen bending the light in such demented ways that it ultimately caused you to misjudge your corner!

Riff Raff
15th January 2006, 14:33
I can't imagine it being very comfortable with a bike on top of you!
I wouldn't think a bike that you can pick up and carry under your arm would be that uncomfortable if it's on top of you.

Darkman
15th January 2006, 14:37
sorry to hear dude..good thing youre okay..hope there is not to much damage on your bike!Guess the cops can have a bit of a break now!!!

Dafe
15th January 2006, 14:39
I wouldn't think a bike that you can pick up and carry under your arm would be that uncomfortable if it's on top of you.

You never know...... We used to have a base bike when I was in the Air-Force. I'm sure alot of the guys never complained about being too uncomfortable with the bike on top.
I saw that Jimmy fulla wondering around Manfield yesterday. I spent the day lurking in the dark trying to keep out of his site. Can't call me a dumbass eh!
I could see him licking his chops from 100 metres away!

Riff Raff
15th January 2006, 14:41
I saw that Jimmy fulla wondering around Manfield yesterday. I spent the day lurking in the dark trying to keep out of his site. Can't call me a dumbass eh!
What, you didn't want him to take your bike for a hoon? Can't understand that at all!!! :devil2:

Uncle B
15th January 2006, 14:54
Bad luck Dude, Hope your ok.
Funny how these things happen in the blink of an eye, no warning, just Bang your down.

Hope you get back on the saddle soon

Hitcher
15th January 2006, 14:57
Very generous of you to break your bike's fall.

RantyDave
15th January 2006, 15:05
Well ... you *sound* OK. I take it we're talking superficial damage to both bike and rider. Crunched plastics (so just a few grand :( )?

Better than a highside, eh?

Dave

StoneChucker
15th January 2006, 15:15
Glad to hear you're posting, hope there's not too much damage to you or the bike. Time to paint it all black, and take over the GR throne?

Take it easy out there, it's much more impressive to put your foot down on the tar after a ride, than your knee down during a ride and... Things happen in an instant.

Ride Safe
D

madmal64
15th January 2006, 15:22
Bummer. Glad to hear your ok and its all sort of ok. I know what you mean about being heavy from that angle. I did a low side on the RF a few years back & that ended up on top of me. Heavy Farking thing.
Will we get to see the road rash on the next TRTNR or is it off the road?

madboy
15th January 2006, 15:27
Okay, I'm starting to feel guilty - particularly when someone who's got real injuries from a real accident is wishing me well (thanks SC). You'll notice this thread is posted in the minimoto section. I wanted to see just how observant people were, and RR you win the prize.

Yep, during minimoto racing today I made a conscious decision to figure out how to ride the thing properly. And in doing so, finding both the limits of adhesion and also the best technique for riding the bike. So needless to say I did a lot of sliding the back end, a lot of leaning the bike, and a lot of leaning off the bike. But also binned it not once, but four times. All lowsides.

So I can assure you I am very well, and so is my 636 ;) But thank you to those who didn't realise this was a minimoto bin not a real one, hope you weren't too worried.

skelstar
15th January 2006, 15:29
Man...Im this -> <- far from red-repping you boy...but good to hear youre ok. And the 636!

Dafe
15th January 2006, 15:37
Tell me you're not that hard up for some attention???
Red Rep......Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

StoneChucker
15th January 2006, 15:43
Ahhh, must admit I thought it was on your main bike. But no harm no foul. Besides, as in the case of water (you can drown in a foot of water), the same goes for mini-moto's.
I stand by my well wishes, as one night a halloween or two ago, while messing around on mini-moto's, someone broke their shoulderblade/collarbone (not sure which one) from a low speed bin, so it's good the same never happened to you:rockon:

How'd the racing go?

madboy
15th January 2006, 15:44
Nope, yous fellas just don't pay attention! I was waiting for Spudchucka et al to drop a load onto their keyboards with excitement at the thought of being able to say 'I told you so'...

madboy
15th January 2006, 15:48
How'd the racing go?Leathers worked a treat. One drop slightly winded me from the whack in the ribs, but otherwise nothing at all to speak of.

Racing was good. I'm getting the hang of it now and can punt the Day2 around pretty well. Unfortunately though it is an absolutely stock standard Day2 (plus fuel filter :wari: ) so it gets eaten alive under power. My competitive instinct is kicking in which is not good for my bank balance. I know I've prob said this before ad nauseum, but I've got two overseas trips and one bathroom to pay for this year, so my competitive instinct (just like my R1/GSXR1000/ZX10/CBR1000RR) will have to wait...

Uncle B
15th January 2006, 15:52
That's it...
Poke in the eye with a very blunt fucken dirty stick next time I see you.

skelstar
15th January 2006, 15:56
That sounds very biblical of you Bruce.

Dafe
15th January 2006, 15:57
You are Veak!!!

You put a mini moto on you and call it heavy!
When you say Heavy, I picture a Rocket III. Not Mini Moto!
Hence why you fool us!

Next time I see you - Bruce and I will show you Heavy!

Hang on - Minimoto........ Hmmmmm...............
Next time we see you - Str8 Jacket gonna kick your ass!
Me and Bruce - Watch and Laugh!!!!

Uncle B
15th January 2006, 16:10
Now your talking....yeah, wot he said.

mongol like candy.

Riff Raff
15th January 2006, 16:18
I wanted to see just how observant people were, and RR you win the prize.
Of course I'm observant. I'm a woman!

Leong
15th January 2006, 16:37
Entertaining thread Madboy, glad you're OK and having FUN....(note to self... must have a look at this minimoto racing thing sometime )

madboy
15th January 2006, 19:28
Next time I see you - Bruce and I will show you Heavy!Hey, I don't want your Rocket, nor Bruce's f***en dirty stick anywhere near me thanks.

The Beast
15th January 2006, 20:27
That's not very nice tricking all these innocent folk, madboy.
He came off right in front of me, one time.
Was a beaut, passed just as he was dragging the sucker off the track..

riffer
16th January 2006, 08:48
You know mate, the coppers have been on your tail for a while now.

It's gonna end soon.

They've brought out a new weapon for the next minimoto race ...

and you're toast.

spudchucka
16th January 2006, 08:48
Nope, yous fellas just don't pay attention! I was waiting for Spudchucka et al to drop a load onto their keyboards with excitement at the thought of being able to say 'I told you so'...
Was I supposed to care?

Deano
16th January 2006, 08:59
But also binned it not once, but four times. All lowsides.

Can't you push it back up off your knee sliders ? Have you seen Mick Doohan's low side from years ago ? Lost the front about 3 times, but picked it back up twice (looked like off his knees) before finally succumbing.

sels1
16th January 2006, 11:44
just how observant people were,

Well I observed one of your bins (and I didnt laugh....honest)

But also binned it not once, but four times.

Slow learner?? :lol:

madboy
16th January 2006, 12:05
Very slow learner. And yes I could push it up most of the time Deano, but when the pegs caught and lifted the back wheel off the deck...

The full story, grab a cuppa...

The practice session was the first time I'd seriously ridden the bike in leathers, so it was the first real knee down action I'd had on it. I was experimenting with lean angles and footpeg placement, mainly finding a good compromise between ergonomics (cramped/really f***ing cramped/way too f***ing cramped) and lean angles. While figuring out the lean angles I binned it twice, once on a left hander, once on a right hander a few laps later. So with that knowledge now implanted in my head I needed to work on leaning off it otherwise I wasn't going to get the cornering speeds I wanted.

But as I noticed during the first race, the steering geometry was factory preset as completely bloody crooked, so everytime I took the weight off the seat to shift my butt the front end wiggled. Those who have ridden minimotos will know just how unstable these things are. So exiting a right hander I got a wiggle and didn't lean off into the left hander, just lent the bike. So I ended up on my ass again. As Sels can attest.

Straightened up the front end, got some more stability and had quite a good session, no bins at all. Getting more confidence in footpeg placement while also getting the hang of leaning off the side of a chainsaw.

Last crash was just caused by too much playing. Was doing a lot of sliding. Most corners you could take flat out on the bike, but this corner I shouldn't have, slid it too far, footpeg dug in and I wasn't quick enough to pick it up before the back end lifted.

Deano
16th January 2006, 14:25
Sounds like you're learning it pretty quickly, and most of all having a great time.

Mikey was grounding both footpegs at Manfeild and his gear lever (WTF ?) so he obviously needs to start hanging off.

I scraped my right footpeg a few times but the hero blobs are way too long - will have to shorten them.

Dreamer
16th January 2006, 14:56
Do you use the same leathers/gear on both bikes?

madboy
16th January 2006, 15:01
Yep. The cordura I use primarily for commuting and when the weather is not good, the leathers come out for the more "spirited" riding. But you don't want to try your fancy new cordura on a minimoto, one decent bin and it's a throwaway.

skelstar
16th January 2006, 15:06
Found out why you wash cordura on 'delicate' yesterday. Bloody machine friction burned a hole in the back of one of the knees.

The Beast
16th January 2006, 19:56
Madboy's picking it up well! He just needs a faster bike!!! haahha:bash:

Drew
23rd January 2006, 14:10
Madboy's picking it up well! He just needs a faster bike!!! haahha:bash:
I've ridden with him, and he's got a faster bike. It dont help him none:Pokey:

Jase W
17th April 2006, 18:09
Found out why you wash cordura on 'delicate' yesterday. Bloody machine friction burned a hole in the back of one of the knees.

Hmm that explains why mine are falling apart. Meh, bloody cheap shite.