PDA

View Full Version : Frosty race report -PMCC Taupo 15.1.06

FROSTY
15th January 2006, 23:42
I almost diddn't make the meeting at all. The fingers on my left hand got crushed and my index finger wasn't working. Big deal i thought--yea --try working a clutch under heavy brakes with fingers that dont work.
Basicly I was riding extremely badly most of the day with my whole arm throbbing like a bugger. race one id had my hand on ice for half an hour so I spent a lap and a bit in second place.-then I made an incredible number of mistakes -muffed gear changes -so bad the back wheel was hopping 150mm in the air. -I finished in 6th place but pretty discusted with myself -so many really stupid mistakes cost me a lot of places.
Trumby came to the rescue with some medical ice packs that I could wrap round the hand.
Doogal put me back on track and I decided to ride around the problem--mostly the pain under heavy braking whilst using the clutch. By not going down to the braking points as fast I was actually able to do faster laps because i was able to focus on my riding the rest of the lap.
second race and I held onto the guy in fourth place and pass him three times before i mucked up a gear change into the right hander and lost 4 bike lenths and a place. I finished in sixth again.
I took some Panadol and soaked my hand in ice to get the fingers working.
Something must have helped because from flag drop i got a blinder of a start and rode like I should have been riding all day.
I had a ding dong battle with a guy on a RGV250 but in the end I must have wanted it more because he dropped back.
The bike was sliding pretty consistantly so I was happy
That race I finished in third place --I was pretty stoked with that.
lap times in the 44's fairly consistantly too
Thanks to Trumpyfor the ice pack
thanks to Madduck and dougal who really came through for me-Doing the mechanical stuff I couldnt..
and doogal for getting me refocussed.

zadok
15th January 2006, 23:48
Good onya Frosty. You had to put up with a lot. Hope the fingers heal quickly.:2thumbsup

trumpy
16th January 2006, 05:31
FROSTY at work......

GSVR
16th January 2006, 07:01
Good results Frosty. Quite a few interesting people/bikes in the F3 class yesterday. I had more fun at this meeting than any I've been to so far . Shame it wasn't reflected in the results but I learn't plenty.

FROSTY
16th January 2006, 07:10
Gary -dont sweat it dude --you held out some very experienced riders for a long time. I know for sure craig had to work very hard to get past ya and he's been racing for a few years now.It all comes with time and practice.

Racey Rider
16th January 2006, 08:58
Well done Frosty! The way you were flying, I couldn't tell you were in pain at all.
I was stoked to pick up a third place myself. Will do a write up later.
Racey

HDTboy
16th January 2006, 09:36
Good on ya Frosty, I wanted to come over for a look, but it just wasn't a happening thing

MOTOXXX
16th January 2006, 10:14
Wow what an awsome day. Ive never been to the taupo track before and it was realy cool to finally have a go at racing.
I managed to pick up 2 4ths and a 5 for the day. I thought i did well considering it was my very first race, never been to taupo before and i had only been on my new bike for all of 10 mins making sure it went all ok.

I need to work on my starts and my lines as my left footpeg has ground down a lot.

was a good day apart from the two dickheads throwing handbags at each other in the pits.

didnt get to see much of frosty but had a chat with ts a few times. (hope ya foot is ok dude)

team cudby
16th January 2006, 10:15
Gary -dont sweat it dude --you held out some very experienced riders for a long time. I know for sure craig had to work very hard to get past ya and he's been racing for a few years now.It all comes with time and practice.SORRY TEAM CUDBY WAS NOT THERE BECAUSE MIKE HAD TO WORK ON SUNDAY BUGGER:ride: :angry2: :Police: :scooter: :scooter: :drinknsin

Steve_R6R
16th January 2006, 13:24
A good day at Taupo. Plenty of action in the pits, and some good racing on the track. I got my first DNF ever! gutted. but with just a busted footpeg, it's not too bad I guess. I saw quite a few bikes go down. Practice took along time to get thru, but the racing was over too soon, a couple of more laps per race, that would have been nice.

Thanks P.M.C.C. for putting on a good meet.

FROSTY
18th January 2006, 18:41
Yea I think the track itself isnt too slippery. But the dust flying around I think acts as talc and makeds it slippery as.

emaN
19th January 2006, 10:39
cheers for the write up Frosty...
well done for "persisting & being determined"... (pc speak for being 'competitive')

trev
19th January 2006, 21:26
The old bugger in action.

loosebruce
23rd January 2006, 00:20
Well done frosty, 44's are a good time in the pain you must've been in, bet ya can't wait for round 3, keep it up, Sv's looking good too mate.