PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Street Magic vs. Gilera DNA ???

kochikaren
16th January 2006, 08:55
Looking to buy either one. I've seen the Gilera DNAs on TradeMe running for about $3,500 - $4,000. A bit pricey for me at the moment but man they look freakin COOL!:Punk: Plus I'd much rather buy from a dealer. Street Magics I can get for about $2,000 used from Scootling, elsewhere they are about $3,000. I like the look too but not as much as the Gileras. Does anyone know where those Gileras are being sold at? (in Auckland?) Also, can anyone give advice on which would be the better one to get?

Thanks!

MisterD
16th January 2006, 09:25
Dealer-wise, Scooter Emotion are the place. Ruru St in Eden Terrace.

I haven't riden the DNA, but the Runner 180 uses the same motor and cruises at 120k's easy. From what I've read on here the best Street Magic is a stock standard one, but there's a whole world of good reliable hot-ups available for Gileras.

Devil
16th January 2006, 09:55
You can have my street magic (TR50) for $1k. Its beaten up, but it goes. Indicators not working at the moment though.
Erm, no speedo either :D

kochikaren
17th January 2006, 10:49
Dealer-wise, Scooter Emotion are the place. Ruru St in Eden Terrace.

I haven't riden the DNA, but the Runner 180 uses the same motor and cruises at 120k's easy. From what I've read on here the best Street Magic is a stock standard one, but there's a whole world of good reliable hot-ups available for Gileras.

Thanks mate! I've dropped them an email yesterday and I was informed that the DNAs weren't mass-produced, and there were only FOUR that made it in NZ a few years ago! Bah! That's no good eh! I suppose the Street Magics are fine, but will look more into the sport-scooter scene. I hate the way traditional scooters look but with up-and-coming scooters that handle and look like bigger sportsbikes I'm more inclined to get one of those to learn on!

MisterD
17th January 2006, 11:10
Thanks mate! I've dropped them an email yesterday and I was informed that the DNAs weren't mass-produced, and there were only FOUR that made it in NZ a few years ago! Bah! That's no good eh! I suppose the Street Magics are fine, but will look more into the sport-scooter scene. !

DNA's weren't mass-produced? That's news to me, there were shed-loads of little punks on the things in London.

I've heard rumours that Italjet's are going to make a comeback, and I've heard good things about the new Aprilia scoots. Prolly wise to avoid Peugeots because despite being cracking good scoots, service backup is hard to come by out here.

I hate the way traditional scooters look but with up-and-coming scooters that handle and look like bigger sportsbikes I'm more inclined to get one of those to learn on!

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point, I don't like scooters that look like motorbikes with bits of engine and pipes hanging out all over the show....if and when you get a scoot though come and join the Magnetos club, we are definitely not all classic-only stuck up :tugger: types, although they do exist!

kochikaren
18th January 2006, 08:19
Yeah MisterD ... That's what the Scooter eMotion guy told me! And I think he meant not nearly enough to go around for overseas demand (?)

Anyway, yeah the other scooters are looking mighty good these days -- definitely a real contender for grabbing learner riders attention!

Magnetos Club eh? Yeah, will surely join once I decide on a scooter!

BTW Devil, thanks for the offer and the info! Really appreciate it!

Posh Tourer :P
18th January 2006, 08:57
there are a shedload of 50cc gileras, aprilia RS50s, etc etc zipping around Cadiz (and the rest of spain). Also millions of scooters. They aint that old and crappy when they are wheelied down a thin street and then stoppied to avoind the car at the blind corner, 2 abreast!! :gob:

MisterD
18th January 2006, 09:31
there are a shedload of 50cc gileras, aprilia RS50s, etc etc zipping around Cadiz (and the rest of spain). Also millions of scooters. They aint that old and crappy when they are wheelied down a thin street and then stoppied to avoind the car at the blind corner, 2 abreast!! :gob:

Rider without helmet, girlfriend sat side-saddle on the back....ah the joys of real scootering!

Posh Tourer :P
18th January 2006, 09:34
Rider without helmet, girlfriend sat side-saddle on the back....ah the joys of real scootering!

Or three on a scooter tooting a hooter at every cross roads, blind as anything to the cross traffic, but still doing 40 regardless because tooting will save you.......

You forgot the dog between the legs and the bags of shopping hanging off both handlebars

The streets in Cadiz are literally wide enough for one car only most of the time, and no visibility as everything is three storied, and often a roman/early spanish relic with cannons on the street corners. Fascinating place... :)

Devil
18th January 2006, 10:17
Sorry I didnt get back to you with a pic, got a bit busy!

I have put it in the online trading section.