PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the speed limit lowering

snuffles
17th January 2006, 09:42
Right, I feel its time to form a new political party, after listening to the half arsed attempt of fixing the road toll by lowering the speed limit.

My new party will advocate the following roading rules.

1. all drivers will undergo driver ed training during school.
2. all vehicles will be insured, no choice in the matter
3. all boy racers cars will be confiscated and crushed, none of this 28 day shit.

thats about it, any new members?

madboy
17th January 2006, 09:51
I don't see a revenue stream here. It's impossible to backhandedly fund other government junkets without a solid revenue stream from your proposals.

Grahameeboy
17th January 2006, 09:51
I am in.............

HenryDorsetCase
17th January 2006, 09:54
why not just a pressure group: all you need is 15 likeminded souls to form an incorporated society, and you can then apply for govt money to lobby govt.

I am sticking my hand up to help out.

snuffles
17th January 2006, 09:55
why not just a pressure group: all you need is 15 likeminded souls to form an incorporated society, and you can then apply for govt money to lobby govt.

Tell me more, I'm interested, about time someone stopped these dickheads from screwing with joe public.

**R1**
17th January 2006, 09:58
im undecided,

will my bike be crushed for doing wheelies?

will the open road limit for bikes be....as fast as ya bike can go?

will it be compulsory to stop for coppers?

do i have to have mirrors and indicators on my bike? (they look gay)

and will you have 100 octane fuel at ALL gas stations?

Damon
17th January 2006, 10:03
I don't see a revenue stream here. It's impossible to backhandedly fund other government junkets without a solid revenue stream from your proposals.

you could sell the parts onto the next fool, give him a week and you'll have them back to sell on again :apint:

sounds easy if some one else does the work, i'd be in

Sniper
17th January 2006, 10:06
Im with R1 on this.

snuffles
17th January 2006, 10:06
sounds easy if some one else does the work, i'd be in

More than happy to stand on the soapbox and do the hard yards.

MisterD
17th January 2006, 10:09
I'm in.

Compulsory insurance and bin the ACC, market forces will end teenagers in Subarus quick as.

SVrunner
17th January 2006, 10:26
Snuffles for leader.
please add to our policies " slow drivers to give way to everyone else"

JMemonic
17th January 2006, 10:29
Compulsory insurance and bin the ACC, market forces will end teenagers in Subarus quick as.

No leave ACC work related accidents gain from this but lower the levy, make third party insurance compulsory as part of the rego, I am sure some one has better stats to look at than I do but $30 per year per vehicle is one heck of a lot of income, throw it into an interest bearing account, it is only allowed to be used for the repair of vehicles not at fault in accidents.

But then of course one needs to realise that government would create an new ministry to administer this the cost of which would be stupid, the folks who administer it will always be screaming for more money (like 100k starting rate etc), great ideas but for effiency govt should be left out, lets not mention my folks used to pay in to a retirement scheme through taxes, some of you might have, that money was used to build up infrastructure, which was then sold off for peanuts, the portion of the tax that was pension was then dropped but tax did not go down. Nothing will change until the bureaucracy changes forget the government that is just a mouth piece to keep us placated.

Lou Girardin
17th January 2006, 10:29
There is already a party that will repeal all these fascist traffic laws, the Libertarians.
You will have to put up with some other policies that you might not like.
Like watching your kids die because there's no free health care.

Wolf
17th January 2006, 10:30
Sounds like this belongs in the Biker Politics forum.

In all seriousness, if there is serious stuff that can be done with serious and realistic goals I am in for forming a political pressure group to work on sensible law reforms vis a vis biker safety.

I don't want to be part of some bullshit that just sits around and does nothing or no one takes seriously. If we can come up with proper aims and goals, action plans and serious considerations to push at parliament, I will do what I can to help.

Wolf
17th January 2006, 10:34
Nothing will change until the bureaucracy changes forget the government that is just a mouth piece to keep us placated.
I fear you may well be right, there.

sAsLEX
17th January 2006, 10:39
I am in for forming a political pressure group to work on sensible law reforms vis a vis biker safety.

Like why the fuck do they put cheese graters every where. New bit on SH1( just south of meremere) they have created a little cheese grater corridor, ok I understand the need for traffic seperation from oncoming lanes, but why the fuck is it on the left!?! To stop you crashing in to cows? It leave absolutely no avenue for escape on a bike, or a car for that matter.

And they say it is a cost issue. It is about time the different Gunnmint department had a little chat. Sure cheese grater barriers save a few thousand a kilometer or whatever, but the ongoing costs of health care and rehabilitation should a fellow biker come off in to could easily reach the millions of dollars!

Wolf
17th January 2006, 10:52
New bit on SH1( just south of meremere) they have created a little cheese grater corridor, ok I understand the need for traffic seperation from oncoming lanes, but why the fuck is it on the left!?! To stop you crashing in to cows? It leave absolutely no avenue for escape on a bike, or a car for that matter.
Am familiar with that bit - it puzzled me too as to why they put cheese cutters down the left. Shits me right up going through there in a cage, let alone on a bike!

Their rationale is "well, no biker has hit one yet, so they're safe"

I have no desire to be a martyr to "The Cause" and be the first biker seriously FUBAR'ed on one of those things to wake up the pollies. Would love a bit of govt funding to set up a seriously accurate crash-test using a fairly fresh cadaver (a freshly-killed politician would be ideal but we'd have to make do with someone who'd donated his corpse to science).

sAsLEX
17th January 2006, 11:01
I have no desire to be a martyr to "The Cause" and be the first biker seriously FUBAR'ed on one of those things to wake up the pollies. Would love a bit of govt funding to set up a seriously accurate crash-test using a fairly fresh cadaver (a freshly-killed politician would be ideal but we'd have to make do with someone who'd donated his corpse to science).

Imagine their face:corn: :
Orgainse a meeting with the plonk who doesn't give enough money to fund proper barriers. Walk in with a chilly bin. Go to shake his hand...opppss no right arm as you lost it to the cheese grater, no worries pull it out of the chilly bin with you left and shake his hand with your mangled remains of your old arm.

Then beat him with it for fun!

scumdog
17th January 2006, 11:28
But then of course one needs to realise that government would create an new ministry to administer this

And I won't be a part of that new ministry and then I'll be left in peace and no drop-kick slack jawed mouth breather will interupt my beer drinking to whinge how their brothers sister-in-law got a ticket wrongfully "'cos the car won't even DO a 100kmh and she was just about to get it a warrant and register it as soon as she got paid for the DVD player she sold and her benefit came through....":bash:

scumdog
17th January 2006, 11:32
Imagine their face:corn: :
Orgainse a meeting with the plonk who doesn't give enough money to fund proper barriers. Walk in with a chilly bin. Go to shake his hand...opppss no right arm as you lost it to the cheese grater, no worries pull it out of the chilly bin with you left and shake his hand with your mangled remains of your old arm.

Then beat him with it for fun!

It would never work - most Kbers couldn't organise a shit in a prune factory, (some can't even organise to stay upright) - the pollies are pretty safe;) :rofl:

JWALKER
17th January 2006, 11:41
im undecided,

i agree with **R1** on this

Sniper
17th January 2006, 11:43
i agree with **R1** on this

You mean you agree with me, who is agrreing with R1

Wolf
17th January 2006, 12:12
You mean you agree with me, who is agrreing with R1
JWALKER, you copy-copy-cat! :rofl:

snuffles
17th January 2006, 14:17
Nothing like hijacking a thread:Oi:

JWALKER
17th January 2006, 14:22
JWALKER, you copy-copy-cat! :rofl:

argh. . tis true.
but, as sniper will be able to tell you, i have a hard time keeping AROUND the law, i find it very hard on a motorbike

Sniper
17th January 2006, 15:04
argh. . tis true.
but, as sniper will be able to tell you, i have a hard time keeping AROUND the law, i find it very hard on a motorbike

Mate :spudwhat: :spudwhat: :whistle:

Rosie
24th January 2006, 11:51
Nothing like hijacking a thread:Oi:

I'll reply to the original topic for you.
:wavey:
I like the driver ed idea, and I would add practical training on pushbikes in heavy traffic to hone those defensive driving skills.
Theoretical defensive driving courses are a bit dull. Near death experiences with cars doing dumb things would spice it up a bit.

4WDing is also good driver training, you learn a lot about vehicle handling, thinking on your feet etc. And you are only doing 30km/h, so you stay in one piece when it all turns to custard (if only the same could be said for pushbikes).

And I would start a sensible series of road safety signs. Can't think of any off hand, but I'm sure I could do better than "What is around the corner" (placed in the middle of the exceptionally long straight on SH 38), or "15% of crashes involve trucks" (presumably the 85% that don't involve trucks aren't of concern).

Maybe I should go into politics. It has to pay better than science.

sunhuntin
24th January 2006, 12:10
im in! im all for the driver training once they hit 15, but make it optional. when i was that age i had no interest in driving and still dont. maybe for those that dont want to drive cars, put em on bikes instead...125's to begin with, going up each year until they leave school. [biggest being 250, obviously]

impose cc or whatever restrictions on cars 15 year olds can drive. get rid of those shit sounding mufflers they all have too. ick. lol.

also, can something be done about petrol prices?? it costs $12 to fill the gn now, yikes!!

Postie
24th January 2006, 12:12
I'll reply to the original topic for you.
:wavey:
I like the driver ed idea, and I would add practical training on pushbikes in heavy traffic to hone those defensive driving skills.
Theoretical defensive driving courses are a bit dull. Near death experiences with cars doing dumb things would spice it up a bit.

4WDing is also good driver training, you learn a lot about vehicle handling, thinking on your feet etc. And you are only doing 30km/h, so you stay in one piece when it all turns to custard (if only the same could be said for pushbikes).

the simple solution to shit drivers, make it compulsory for every body to first get up to their restricted motorcycle licence before they are allowed to even sit in a drivers seat in a car.

Marmoot
24th January 2006, 12:16
Put extra levies on SUV and family-saloon car imports

Put subsidies on sport bike imports

Lower income tax for Middle-income earners.

Abolish GST on computer parts

Put breast-enhancement into public health services

:angry2:

sunhuntin
24th January 2006, 12:17

:angry2:

and breast reduction for those of us who are terrified of hitting big bumps for fear of being knocked out!

Marmoot
24th January 2006, 12:21
and breast reduction for those of us who are terrified of hitting big bumps for fear of being knocked out!

why can't breasts simply be averaged......... :brick:

edit: btw, for those who are wondering, i'm not talking about myself........

scumdog
24th January 2006, 13:02
:weird: I thought you already had 'big bumps'? why would you want to hit them? and why would they hit you back? (PT):shutup:

sunhuntin
24th January 2006, 13:28
lmfao. *checks bra size*

if anything more than a mouthful is a waste, mine could keep the whole of africa satisfied! lmfao.

Wolf
24th January 2006, 15:05
lmfao. *checks bra size*

if anything more than a mouthful is a waste, mine could keep the whole of africa satisfied! lmfao.
Now you're going to have Biff, Buggy and Sniper killing each other in their attempts to meet you before the others do...

sunhuntin
24th January 2006, 16:44
Now you're going to have Biff, Buggy and Sniper killing each other in their attempts to meet you before the others do...

should i just chuck a pic in my profile of the twins to save them the trouble? :eek5:

scumdog
24th January 2006, 16:53
should i just chuck a pic in my profile of the twins to save them the trouble? :eek5:

Hell yeah!! don't worry about Biff, Buggy and Sniper - do it for ME!!:blip:

sunhuntin
24th January 2006, 17:05
try that, boys. best ive got right now! LOL. did have more, but deleted them all.

Skyryder
24th January 2006, 18:10
Right, I feel its time to form a new political party, after listening to the half arsed attempt of fixing the road toll by lowering the speed limit.

3. all boy racers cars will be confiscated and crushed, none of this 28 day shit.

thats about it, any new members?

The only party I'm likely to join is the biker party on the steps of Parliment. It will have the shortest duration of any party in Parliment. Not a bad thing when you come to think of it.

Skyryder

Hitcher
24th January 2006, 18:14

1. Please define "driver training" and "school".
2. What sort of insurance, comprehensive or third party? Also please define "vehicle".
3. Please define "boy racers", "cars", and "boy racers' cars".

Good luck getting those votes.

MacD
24th January 2006, 20:44

Aren't the Green's working on that?

Marmoot
25th January 2006, 00:37
Aren't the Green's working on that?

Dude...I'm talking about size, not numbers!
:wacko:

bigbadwolf
25th January 2006, 10:41
Dude...I'm talking about size, not numbers!
:wacko:

would you be complaining if you had four to play with?

ManDownUnder
25th January 2006, 11:00

let me think abo... NOPE!

Marmoot
25th January 2006, 13:13

Even if it's eight, if they're flat then I might as well play with the floor.

Jamezo
25th January 2006, 15:44
im undecided,

So what's the penalty for riding faster than your bike can go? Do you get bitch-slapped by Albert Einstein?

MacD
25th January 2006, 16:51
Even if it's eight, if they're flat then I might as well play with the floor.

You want eight!? To play with on the floor!?

Here you go...

Marmoot
25th January 2006, 18:20
is bestiality legal in this country??

Hitcher
25th January 2006, 18:47
is bestiality legal in this country??
Only amongst consenting members of the same species.

Korea
26th January 2006, 02:29

I think #1 is pretty brilliant - start 'em young so that they can make 'informed choices' when they come of age. Afterall we get sex ed' in primary school, right?
Education not legislation, yeah~ :hitcher: