PDA

View Full Version : Running from cops

Smee
18th January 2006, 17:46
Righto, I have just seen tonights news and know their is already a thread about it. But how common is running from cops? Do all bikers do this - I dont think id have the balls, but the adrenaline rush must be awesome!

justsomeguy
18th January 2006, 17:50
Righto, I have just seen tonights news and know their is already a thread about it. But how common is running from cops? Do all bikers do this - I dont think id have the balls, but the adrenaline rush must be awesome!

Yes all bikers do it. Just like all car drivers run from ambulances and all truck drivers run from fire engines:spudguita

It's not that scary, you should try it sometime. However if the cops are getting too close try and run a few cars around you off the road - that usually makes them give up the chase. Also try and throw stuff at the helicopter - they back away real quick;)

Oh - yeah - welcome to KB. It's a nice place once you get used to the political correctness and communist idealogies.........

Smee
18th January 2006, 17:58
lol - nice answer

2much
18th January 2006, 18:05
Do all bikers do this

Only if they haven't seen your plate yet

GSVR
18th January 2006, 18:08
If your going to run from the cops you want to be wearing Niki's

James Deuce
18th January 2006, 18:11
Could I have Niki Cox for one of the Nikis?

Slingshot
18th January 2006, 18:13
Choose wisely...in a split second you'll need to make the decision to run or not and there are so many things you'll need to factor in to the decision making process.
A ticket might be better than death.

John
18th January 2006, 18:13
cox eh? sounds more like TLriders scene...
That poof cant get away from a cop in a comma.

Toast
18th January 2006, 18:14
Yeah dude, don't make a rule of running (edit:make sure you have the ability and they haven't seen your plate)...not sure how long you've been riding for, but make sure that you're confident in your ability to go hard before you give it a go.

GSVR
18th January 2006, 18:15
Could I have Niki Cox for one of the Nikis?

No but you could have Nike Cox

James Deuce
18th January 2006, 18:19
I'm sad now Garry.

justsomeguy
18th January 2006, 18:33
Choose wisely...in a split second you'll need to make the decision to run or not and there are so many things you'll need to factor in to the decision making process.
A ticket might be better than death.

Bullshit - I played cops and robbers throughout junior school and kindy and it was always a blast.

Remember - you can call timeout and go hide if they get very close.:cool:

GSVR
18th January 2006, 18:33
I'm sad now Garry.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't I in haven right now? And not pizza heaven either!

Zapf
18th January 2006, 18:48
sweet... next time I see a cop I'll go stick my head in the bush.... I can't see them they can't see me! :rolleyes:

Sparky Bills
18th January 2006, 19:01
Depends what mood im in at the time:shifty:

OH!!! Ummmm....

I mean..... No... Ive never done a runner:msn-wink:

madboy
18th January 2006, 20:13
Well, if you're after advice on runners, then have a read of this. Don't ask how I know this, because I'd never ever do something as illegal as a runner. :gob:

1. Be prepared to take HUGE risks. Just cos they say on TV that they pull out when it gets too hot in the kitchen, doesn't mean to say they actually do.
2. Usually they don't pull out until they've lost you. That means you need to get away from them, and stay away from them.
3. Don't have a distinctive bike. They're human too, they might have limited IQ but they still have memories just like you and I.
4. Cops have egos. They HATE you getting away. So although you might think you've got more motivation to get away than they have to catch you, think again.
5. No plate (or taped plate). This gives you the flexibility to slow down when you need to. Also lessens the chance that a member of the public will identify and report the bike that flew past them.
6. Don't let the adrenaline rush take over. You need to make some quick and very important decisions on a very regular basis throughout a runner, and in the minutes following. Keep a clear head.
7. If you're running near home, slow down before you get near your place. If necessary, take the pursuit down a suburb or two to lose them, but don't get chased home. You don't want your neighbour to ring the cops saying they heard sirens and then that bastard next door with the f-ing noisy bike came screaming home. Likewise you don't want someone flagging them down on the side of the road and say "Are you looking for the flying bike? It went that way!" No one sees a bike at 50k. EVERYONE sees one at 150k.
8. Don't taunt them. Don't go looking for it. Do it only when you need to. Lights come on, you f*** off. Don't hang around. Don't tempt fate.
9. Pray. Believe in a higher being. Pursuits may be easier with power/weight, local knowledge, superior deathwish and a scanner, but there's still 50% LUCK.

Sparky Bills
18th January 2006, 20:19
Very well said Mr MB.

Roki_nz
18th January 2006, 20:25
Never have had to run from the cops in a car or bike, unless you count the time an undercover police car was following me and lost him after a few turns here and there. But anyways here is my 5 cents. Before running think, is it an 80-dollar fine and if so better to pay than run if it’s perhaps you licence etc then you may have reason. Like I said at the start never had to run of cops simple because I am smart enough to know where and when I can play and when and where not to.

Also I think I have heard police motor bikes can’t chase you if you run not sure how true that is but I have had mates tell me that and believe me they have run from them.

madboy
18th January 2006, 20:29
Also I think I have heard police motor bikes can’t chase you if you run not sure how true that is but I have had mates tell me that and believe me they have run from them.That's gotta be bollocks. We've got a friend who's a bike cop so might as him next time I see him. But he was pretty keen on telling me how well the pig bikes feel at 230k. Although we did discuss how much more powerful, lighter and narrower a 636 was than a BMW :devil2:

scumdog
18th January 2006, 21:26
I run WITH them, does that count??:whistle:

Sniper
18th January 2006, 21:37
I suppose, who would have the guts to do a runner?

cowpoos
18th January 2006, 21:45
not someone on a 250

thats not guts...its delusion

N4CR
18th January 2006, 23:21
Hmm... I know of two people on Il4 250's that have done it, NOT me though... well I could have... but didn't.

loosebruce
18th January 2006, 23:27
8. Don't taunt them. Don't go looking for it. Do it only when you need to.

whoops my bad.

Jantar
18th January 2006, 23:28
My very first runner was on a 250. Mind you that was in 1972 and the cop was in a mini. I didn't intend doing a runner, it just happened by accident. :innocent:

JWALKER
19th January 2006, 06:34
i have a question about doing a runner, maybe one of the friendly bike policeman, might be able to help me out on this.

if you did a runner and lost a particular cop and then the next day he saw you and pulled you over, even though you were doing legal at that particular time, can they fine you for doing the runner the day before?

Lou Girardin
19th January 2006, 07:18
sweet... next time I see a cop I'll go stick my head in the bush.... I can't see them they can't see me! :rolleyes:

There'll already be one there with his laser gun.

idb
19th January 2006, 07:26
If television has taught me anything it's that cops are dumb and if you run away they crash into piles of boxes, roadside stalls and each other.
And their cars turn over really easily.

Ref: Dukes of Hazzard, The Blues Brothers.

loosebruce
19th January 2006, 07:42
i have a question about doing a runner, maybe one of the friendly bike policeman, might be able to help me out on this.

if you did a runner and lost a particular cop and then the next day he saw you and pulled you over, even though you were doing legal at that particular time, can they fine you for doing the runner the day before?

As far as i know he's have to prove it was you and in court with a good lawyer that'd be damn hard for them without getting your plate or the likes in the first place, but in saying that if they got your plate you'd know about it by the next day.
Things to bear in mind, the ol alstare edition gix is pretty distinctive bike, have a couple of helmets and a change of riding gear not on you at the time of riding, but you know what i mean, as if you're riding around in a bright yellow rossi rep suit on a distinctive bike, they'll soon cotton on. Really if you're gonna gap it on a regular basis, keep your kit/bike simple and common.

Oakie
19th January 2006, 07:51
Nah, I'll just pull over and take what's coming. Me doing a runner would only put other people in undeserved danger and that sucks.

loosebruce
19th January 2006, 07:52
Like yours?

Uhh yeah something like that, it's all one colour now though, and it looks mint. sort of.

JWALKER
19th January 2006, 08:51
As far as i know he's have to prove it was you and in court with a good lawyer that'd be damn hard for them without getting your plate or the likes in the first place, but in saying that if they got your plate you'd know about it by the next day.
Things to bear in mind, the ol alstare edition gix is pretty distinctive bike, have a couple of helmets and a change of riding gear not on you at the time of riding, but you know what i mean, as if you're riding around in a bright yellow rossi rep suit on a distinctive bike, they'll soon cotton on. Really if you're gonna gap it on a regular basis, keep your kit/bike simple and common.

Tru, tru, and i do have matching gear to the bike colour. maybe will just have to ride around without my plate on?

Cookie
19th January 2006, 09:24
Nah, I'll just pull over and take what's coming. Me doing a runner would only put other people in undeserved danger and that sucks.

I am with you Oakie. Not that I could run if I wanted to on my current bike.

What motivates you guys to do runners anyways?

Personally, I would have to have 5 Kgs of Peruvian uncut cocaine in my backpack, and my wife's body in a state of decomposition back home in the bath tub.

Can anyone enlighten those of us who would prefer to just stop and get the ticket?

tracyprier
19th January 2006, 09:31

Personally, I would have to have 5 Kgs of Peruvian uncut cocaine in my backpack, and my wife's body in a state of decomposition back home in the bath tub.

Can anyone enlighten those of us who would prefer to just stop and get the ticket?

Yeah or like the other day when I had the plans to a nuclear warhead trigger in my backpack and Jack was.... oh no wait..... that was 24.... sorry, carry on :weird:

**R1**
19th January 2006, 09:39

My licence = my job,
no licenece = no job:doh:

no job = no tyres

no tyres = no riding

no riding = CRAZY Mr **R1**

and its kinda fun..:yes:

justsomeguy
19th January 2006, 09:45
Sometimes it's a bit more than a $80 fine at stake.

cowpoos
19th January 2006, 09:45

if you were already riding at 210-250 + why would you pull over!!! he's got to catch you to take your license....

Oakie
19th January 2006, 12:03
if you were already riding at 210-250 + why would you pull over!!! he's got to catch you to take your license....

Is it not just enough for them to get your rego though and wait for you at home or pay a friendly visit the next day?
(he he ... MY bike do 210 - 250? Perhaps if someone fired it out of a cannon it might)

madboy
19th January 2006, 12:20
Tell you what fella, you sit on the side of the road and I'll ride past at 210-250 and you can tell me what my plate number is . Now we'll try that again with you driving toward me at 80-100k while I'm doing 210-250 and we'll see if you can answer that too.

A "ticket" means I have to explain to my insurance company that I've got another ticket. And although 139k means 4 gears to go for me, insurance companies have kittens if you do that on a regular basis. The $500 fine is almost 1/4 of my daughters school fees for a term. Then when the insurance company talks to their underwriters, my premiums/excess go up further, or my cover gets pulled completely. And I'm not just talking about my bike here, I'm talking about both my cars that I dawdle around in too. Not to mention the fact I HATE PIGS which makes it a real challenge to sit onthe side of the road and listen to some anally retentive f***tard tell me that at 123km/h on a dead straight almost empty piece of open road I'm gonna kill someone.

And if I'm doing over 140, I ain't losing my license without a fight fella. No way. If I stop I am 99% likely to lose my license (the 1% is for the good cop who writes down 139, in which case refer to my previous paragraph). If I don't stop, so far I'm 100% likely to NOT suffer any consequences other than a marginally higher fuel bill and some slightly more worn tyres. If I lose my license, I then have to explain to my employer why I can't perform certain aspects of my job. Unlike others I won't lose my job, but it won't be helpful to my career development, which in turn impacts everything in my life. My insurer obviously wouldn't cover me while I was disq, and I doubt very much they'd be continuing my cover when I got my license back again. Not for a 4th disq.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

loosebruce
19th January 2006, 12:25
Is it not just enough for them to get your rego though and wait for you at home or pay a friendly visit the next day?
(he he ... MY bike do 210 - 250? Perhaps if someone fired it out of a cannon it might)

Rego! you try reading the rego of a bike that just passed you at over 200kph, for a while i used to try and read rego's just driving around and bikes doing normal speeds (sort of) and it's quite hard and you have to get pretty close and when you're a messy prick like me who has a filthy plate that can't be read from 10 metres away standing still, at over 250kph in the dark with no numberplate light on, well need i say more. Not to mention it's bloody hard to read a plate while the bike is wheeling past you as well.

No plates are all gravey until you find yourself having to gap it at inconvenient times like plodding along to work, a plate of a bike long dead attracts less attention but you're in trouble if you get pulled with it on, dirty, dirty, dirty is the way to go.

Why run, R1 covered it pretty much, if it's something minor (non licence losing offence) you'd be more inclined to stop, but if stopping means bye bye licence, you might as well chance it, if you still get caught you still lose your licence for the same amount of time and get stung a bit more in the pocket, but then you could get away scott free, and that works for me.

loosebruce
19th January 2006, 12:26
LOL bet me to it Mike, cock

madboy
19th January 2006, 12:48
LOL bet me to it Mike, cockGotta beat ya on something

Cookie
19th January 2006, 14:09
[snip]Can you see where I'm coming from?

Thanks madboy and others. Yes I am seeing where you are coming from. It was a genuine question and I appreciate the answers.

As you can see, I don’t have a bike that can do 300kph straight out of the box and maybe if I do one day, I might view things a bit differently.

Take care anyway. It might be me coming the other way. ;)

Da Bird
19th January 2006, 16:25
Also I think I have heard police motor bikes can’t chase you if you run not sure how true that is but I have had mates tell me that and believe me they have run from them.

No, not correct. I'll chase anything that doesn't stop, within reason.

BC.

Da Bird
19th January 2006, 16:28

If they could positively identify you, they could arrest you and charge you for Failing to Stop. Alternatively, if they had obtained your rego, the registered owner could be given 14 days to give the name, address etc of the rider at the time of the Failing to Stop ... and then charge you. (Failing to Stop is a court appearance, not just a ticket.)

Ixion
19th January 2006, 16:33

If some tealeaf stole your bike, and a cop saw him, but he got away, and then the next day the cop saw him again and pulled him over even though he was doing legal at that particular time , should he be arrested for stealing your bike the day before ?

Scouse
19th January 2006, 17:03
Look SMEE and JWALKER there is no getting away from a hellicopter so just stop as requested I know its not as much fun or is not as good for the ego but its for the best

justsomeguy
19th January 2006, 17:07
Look SMEE and JWALKER there is no getting away from a hellicopter so just stop as requested I know its not as much fun or is not as good for the ego but its for the best

Was told by the 2nd in command of the NZ Army at a seminar that in war only 1 out of every 4 soldiers actually fired their gun in combat - the other 3 froze in fear.

I believe the same appears here - I don't think there's more than 5 people on this thread who've actually done any running.

EZAS
19th January 2006, 17:13
If some tealeaf stole your bike, and a cop saw him, but he got away, and then the next day the cop saw him again and pulled him over even though he was doing legal at that particular time , should he be arrested for stealing your bike the day before ? Stelaing is STEALING mate. Anyone seen a '91 White Bluebird (nissan) with two Indians in it = my stolen car. They've been spotted on Queen St, Auckland driving my car around, oh well.

In regards to stopping for red and blue flashing lights, In my case, :weird: I have no liscence :weird: , so like hell I'm gonna stop to be thrown in the cells, unless I'm on the reserve tank (again).

Zapf
19th January 2006, 17:29

BC.

Out of interest... do you find the Bird better for chasing or the BMW?

slopster
19th January 2006, 17:29
Doing a runner is one thing but evading 'em within the road rules is another. The other day in Tauranga I was comming down a hill and my valentine went off (laser alert). I saw I was doing 25k over the limit and looked ahead and there was the cop about 150m ahead pointing a laser gun at me with a big smile on his face. Imagine what happened to that smile when I took the road on my left before I got to him.

justsomeguy
19th January 2006, 17:39
Doing a runner is one thing but evading 'em within the road rules is another. The other day in Tauranga I was comming down a hill and my valentine went off (laser alert). I saw I was doing 25k over the limit and looked ahead and there was the cop about 150m ahead pointing a laser gun at me with a big smile on his face. Imagine what happened to that smile when I took the road on my left before I got to him.

:eek:.......:D....... :lol:........:wari:........ :first:

Smee
19th January 2006, 17:45

I completley agree dude, even harder when it has infra-red heat sensing equipment. I fall into the "stop and pay the fine" catagory - even if I had the skills, balls and bike to get away with it. But I kinda agree with the no-license guys - if they are capable of running and everything is on their side with nothing to lose - why not give it a go? (Apart from maybe killing another motorist). But the responses have been interesting!

Cheers people.

Indoo
19th January 2006, 18:00
The $500 fine is almost 1/4 of my daughters school fees for a term. ?

I'm having trouble comprehending why you would ride at those kinda speeds when you obviously have a family you care about. And even if you have some kind of strange compulsion to do those speeds in areas where a cop is likely to try and stop ya, surely your daughter would rather you be a man and stop rather than put your own life and everyone elses at risk.

I can't even begin to understand it, its just not worth it.

EZAS
19th January 2006, 18:14
Hell ... My daughter would rather have a new Pony than have the money pissed away on fines, mind you ... I still owe around $2,000 in fines = $20 a week with that being interest free, over the next 2 years that hasn't been, and wont be much damage to the wallet.

HDTboy
19th January 2006, 18:37
I wonder if an off duty cop on a quick bike would do a runner if he'd been seriously misbehaving outside of his local area

Ixion
19th January 2006, 19:07
I'm having trouble comprehending why you would ride at those kinda speeds when you obviously have a family you care about. And even if you have some kind of strange compulsion to do those speeds in areas where a cop is likely to try and stop ya, ...

Personally, I'm more of a dodger than a runner. Don't have the bike, don't have the skills, don't have the balls (Nanas seldom do!), m'self. But I don't see your logic, I'm afraid. We all take part in a dangerous activity. Speed,in it self, is not dangerous, and if Mr Madboy (or anyone else) considers that he can evade capture without undue risk to himself, then I don't see how that conflicts with caring about his family. By your logic, all bikers with families would have to sell the bike and buy a nice safe Toyota Corolla - and even that is dangerous.

Nor need a "runner" necessarily involve very high speeds. If the police-person has to stop and turn around, a couple of minutes of quick but well under the 200 mark dodging may get a person far enough out of the way that the police-person may seek in vain. Especially once the engine is off and bike and rider out of sight. Better , too, since it is easier to defend if it all goes wrong - can't be done for failing to stop unless the pursuing vehicle is directly behind and in sight.

2much
19th January 2006, 19:14

Why do I get the feeling that now I own a silver Gixxer, if I'm up in akld there's every chance of being pulled over, cuffed and thrown in the back of a pig car when I get mistaken for LB???

scumdog
19th January 2006, 19:35
Sometimes it's a bit more than a $80 fine at stake.

You mean like a life of course??

scumdog
19th January 2006, 19:37

BC.

Me too - mind you I've only chased three bikes - two caught then, the other later.

Cars? heaps, may have lost one or maybe two, don't really care.

**R1**
19th January 2006, 19:57
how many times has this come up??:laugh:

I remember the first one i did, it wasnt planned, I was on 95 demerit points, and went flyin past a copper at 145 in a 100, for some reason I just kept going, b4 i knew it I was safely home..Wow i thought for the first time in my biking life I didnt get a huge ticket and loose my licence..Cool I thought I got away with it from now on I'll take it easy:killingme

well from then on it got easier and easier(the R1 helped) I can honestly say I havnt had to do one for a while...That I can remember anyway (is it bad when ya cant remember how many you have dun?)It duz get eaiser but I still shit my self each and every time I do it, well for the first 20 seconds anyway..

If you have any doubts at all in your mind about getting away, and getting away safely DONT DO IT!

scumdog
19th January 2006, 20:01
And the best place to do a runner is NOT on the coast road between Kaikoura and Ch-ch, eh??:blip: :msn-wink: :doh:

98tls
19th January 2006, 20:18
And the best place to do a runner is NOT on the coast road between Kaikoura and Ch-ch, eh??:blip: :msn-wink: :doh:
if you can get down to the hunderlees your sweet,no way will a poxy commodore stay with you through there.

quickbuck
19th January 2006, 20:24
I did a bit of crafty riding through town because I thought a policeman was going to pull me over for failing to stop at a stop sign. Thing is I went back the next day to find it was a giveway! I just freeked because he pulled a U turn and followed me for a while. Personnally I would never do a runner, but I did get accused of it when I got chased onto base! I wasn't doing a runner, I was riding home normally.

**R1**
19th January 2006, 20:37
And the best place to do a runner is NOT on the coast road between Kaikoura and Ch-ch, eh??:blip: :msn-wink: :doh:God damn some mofo ratted me out to the coppers....mate that HP that got me was already cutting me off in my lane b4 i seen him, its like he thought i was going to run or sumin....then he broke the back of my bike that had been painted for 3 days:angry2:

scumdog
19th January 2006, 20:41
God damn some mofo ratted me out to the coppers....mate that HP that got me was already cutting me off in my lane b4 i seen him, its like he thought i was going to run or sumin....then he broke the back of my bike that had been painted for 3 days:angry2:

I have NO idea what you are talking about!:spudwhat: :motu: :whistle: :rofl: :rofl: :killingme

Uh, yeah, well the pig grape vine HAS been a little slow these days!!!

soundbeltfarm
19th January 2006, 20:52
, which in turn impacts everything in my life. My insurer obviously wouldn't cover me while I was disq, and I doubt very much they'd be continuing my cover when I got my license back again. Not for a 4th disq.

Can you see where I'm coming from?[/QUOTE]

shit mate 4th disq.

you need to learn to run from the cops better than you have been trying by the looks of that.
hahahaha

scumdog
19th January 2006, 20:55
, which in turn impacts everything in my life. My insurer obviously wouldn't cover me while I was disq, and I doubt very much they'd be continuing my cover when I got my license back again. Not for a 4th disq.

shit mate 4th disq.

you need to learn to run from the cops better than you have been trying by the looks of that.
hahahaha[/QUOTE]

I suggest switch to BMX bikes!!!:laugh:

WINJA
19th January 2006, 21:04
ADRENALINE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND WHEN DOING A RUNNER , I GOT IT FOR THE FIRST FEW , YOU GOTTA PICK YOUR BATTLES WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNERS, DONT JUST DO EM FOR FUN , IF YOUVE BEEN GOOD ALL DAY AND THEY ARE JUST STOPPING YOU FOR A RANDOM CHECK JUST STOP BE POLITE AND BE ON YOUR WAY , IF YOUR GONNA BE IN TROUBLE IE 41K OVER OR WHEELIES THEN FUCKEN VROOM VROOM FUCK THE PIGS

Lou Girardin
20th January 2006, 07:48
I wonder if an off duty cop on a quick bike would do a runner if he'd been seriously misbehaving outside of his local area

It's just happened, except he was in a Beemer.

tracyprier
20th January 2006, 08:11
I'd be interested to hear how much some people have paid out in speeding fines in recent years and how many hours that would have paid for at track days... where there ain't no limit, cops or demerit points.

HDTboy
20th January 2006, 09:24
It's just happened, except he was in a Beemer.
Enlighten me. What sort of beemer? That's a little vague

JWALKER
20th January 2006, 09:30
I completley agree dude, even harder when it has infra-red heat sensing equipment. I fall into the "stop and pay the fine" catagory - even if I had the skills, balls and bike to get away with it. But I kinda agree with the no-license guys - if they are capable of running and everything is on their side with nothing to lose - why not give it a go? (Apart from maybe killing another motorist). But the responses have been interesting!

Cheers people.

i agree, i would pull over for normal things, but if i am caught doing 200km/h, there is no way i will be stopping

JWALKER
20th January 2006, 09:32
If they could positively identify you, they could arrest you and charge you for Failing to Stop. Alternatively, if they had obtained your rego, the registered owner could be given 14 days to give the name, address etc of the rider at the time of the Failing to Stop ... and then charge you. (Failing to Stop is a court appearance, not just a ticket.)

that bites, i realize you guys are doing your job and can understand that, but i still think it sucks if i get pulled over the next day

EZAS
20th January 2006, 09:38
The only time I've been done for failing to stop at Red and Blue Lights was when I was flying around my local area in the '91 Nissan Bluebird, just as I'm pulling into my Road, I see red and blues flashing about 300metres back. The homo-cop "Jamie Franklin", then tells me he was following me for atleast 2k's with his lights on. "Like I'm gonna see you if your 300metres back". It goes to court, and he says "I was less that 40metres behind him for atelast 1.2km" - Oh well he lied in court so he can burn in HELL. oh .. i was his 30th failing to stop victim (Seems like a bit of a pattern for a detective wouldn't ya think?)

Less than two weeks before that, I got pulled over by a reasonable officer for failing to stop at a red light. "what red light? that was a give way?" - "Naa mate, I'm talking about the red light back in Wairau that you ran" (the one that one that I had run like 5 minutes earlier). "I've been trying to catch up for the last 3 off ramps" ... my excuse ... If I wasn't on a 250 :slap: ... he wouldn't have caught up.

Lou Girardin
20th January 2006, 13:13
I had a similar thing happen a few years back. I was in my cage and got stopped on Penrose Rd. Plod accused be of an unsafe lane change back on the Northwest!
He also added a smorgasboard of other offences I'd apparently committed and wrote a ticket for 130 k's even though he said he'd never got close enough for a speed check.
So I got a bit creative with a letter, talking about entrapment and threats to charge me with careless or dangerous. (all true)
And I'll be damned if they didn't waive it!
This was before revenue became all important though.

justsomeguy
20th January 2006, 13:27
I'd be interested to hear how much some people have paid out in speeding fines in recent years and how many hours that would have paid for at track days... where there ain't no limit, cops or demerit points.

Oh just piss off will you, no need to rub it in:angry:

Toast
20th January 2006, 21:01

it's always nice having that flash of hindsight after getting a big ticket :)

scumdog
20th January 2006, 21:08
I had a similar thing happen a few years back. I was in my cage and got stopped on Penrose Rd. Plod accused be of an unsafe lane change back on the Northwest!
He also added a smorgasboard of other offences I'd apparently committed and wrote a ticket for 130 k's even though he said he'd never got close enough for a speed check.
So I got a bit creative with a letter, talking about entrapment and threats to charge me with careless or dangerous. (all true)
And I'll be damned if they didn't waive it!
This was before revenue became all important though.

Wouldn't work with me sonny - any charges I laid would be 100% true AND of real substance.
Bullshit stuff from either side does not enhance either party or their integrity.

scumdog
20th January 2006, 21:09
i agree, i would pull over for normal things, but if i am caught doing 200km/h, there is no way i will be stopping

Except a logging truck, 'cheese-cutter' barrier etc, - they would stop you no sweat.

DingDong
20th January 2006, 21:12
God damn some mofo ratted me out to the coppers....mate that HP that got me was already cutting me off in my lane b4 i seen him, its like he thought i was going to run or sumin....then he broke the back of my bike that had been painted for 3 days:angry2:

Sounds like you've ratted yourself out...:first:

cowpoos
20th January 2006, 21:13
shit scumdog....leave ya job at your job....

and for the record I bet you've been over 150 on one of your bikes?...be honest!

DingDong
20th January 2006, 21:16
...YOU GOTTA PICK YOUR BATTLES WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNERS, DONT JUST DO EM FOR FUN ...
WINJA the wize

...FUCKEN VROOM VROOM FUCK THE PIGS
oh..I take that back...

Rapt
20th January 2006, 22:34

Now here's showin my age...15 yrs ago, or therabouts, an off duty traffic cop on his Honda VF1000F2 was clocked at over 100kph in Cambridge. He'd just entered the 50kph zone & spotted the black & white with a radar...Dickhead did a runner, little old lady in a mini going through a give way got killed & her car cut in half. Traffic cop got 5 yrs in arse stretch city...dumb fuck. And this shithead was one of the top ticket writers in Tokoroa at the time...Me, I'd stop, my arse was designed for one thing only!!

Dafe
20th January 2006, 23:07

If the motorcyclist says it wasn't him the day prior. You really don't have a leg to stand on.

If you were lucky enough to take the numberplate and later arrive at the house where the vehicle is. If the rider denies having ridden the bike and advises he doesn't know who took it. The most you can do is impound the vehicle for 28 days.

There can be no monetary fine associated to the failure to provide a name.

Interestingly enough, this scenario just happened in Wellington between Police and a Cage driver. The cage drivers lawyer quickly proved how little the Police could do without Identifying the suspect on the spot and at the scene.

Most Important: The Rider must simply maintain they were not on the vehicle at the time. Also, that everyone has access to it so it could have been anyone of your mates.

Da Bird
21st January 2006, 01:38
If the motorcyclist says it wasn't him the day prior. You really don't have a leg to stand on.

If you were lucky enough to take the numberplate and later arrive at the house where the vehicle is. If the rider denies having ridden the bike and advises he doesn't know who took it. The most you can do is impound the vehicle for 28 days. WRONG.

There can be no monetary fine associated to the failure to provide a name.
WRONG.

Interestingly enough, this scenario just happened in Wellington between Police and a Cage driver. The cage drivers lawyer quickly proved how little the Police could do without Identifying the suspect on the spot and at the scene.

Most Important: The Rider must simply maintain they were not on the vehicle at the time. Also, that everyone has access to it so it could have been anyone of your mates.

I'm quite happy to charge the registered owner for Failing to Provide Drivers Details if I get some bullshit as you describe above - let them tell the judge how many mates had the keys at that particular time. I recently got a boy racer convicted after he spent 30 seconds doing burnouts and didn't give details of the driver. He got fined $500 AND disqualified for 6 months just for not coughing up (was probably him anyway).

Also, you can only impound a vehicle from a Failing to Stop for 7 days.

Dafe
21st January 2006, 05:13
I'm quite happy to charge the registered owner for Failing to Provide Drivers Details if I get some bullshit as you describe above - let them tell the judge how many mates had the keys at that particular time. I recently got a boy racer convicted after he spent 30 seconds doing burnouts and didn't give details of the driver. He got fined $500 AND disqualified for 6 months just for not coughing up (was probably him anyway).

Don't get me wrong Bykey cop. I have nothing against Police. I've never done a runner either. But I think the Police are now beginning to take tactics the way the Public now have to.

In the situation I spoke of, A guy I know who drives a half million dollar car, literally leaves his keys in this car.
He was dragging an Evo 8 down the motorway, blowing away the Evo 8 and getting chased by a mufti, the mufti pulled over the Evo 8 as my mate got away.

Problem was, this guys car came out in the Performance Car mag the next day and one of the guys in the Mufti Persuit recognised it.
So next day, cops on the doorstep - 7 of them!

These cops spent the next 1 hour looking at his car.
There only seemed to be one cop who was being a real prick, the rest were quite good guys. Anyway, my mate insisted he hadn't driven it and it could have been anyone of his mates, because the keys are always in the car, only thing is, you need to know all the security codes to get into his fortress in the first place. All his mates knowing his codes.

Now, these cops knew this was the car, no doubt. It's only one of two in the world.

So the cops threatened him with a 1400 dollar fine to provide the persons name that was driving it. Mate then rang his lawyer who told the Police Officer it'll be a cold day in hell that the Police will see 14 cents from his client.

So the Police did all they could, which was a 28 day impounding of the car. Nothing more could be done by the Police.
It doesn't take much to have a lawyer turn away the fines, just as it didn't three months ago.

I don't think we will see the Boy Racer Policy in place for much longer either.
I see it is now undergoing legal review due to misuse by the Police.
The Police first stating they needed it to remove fast driving young guys in their spec'ed up cars, before they killed someone. This sounds very logical.

However, now due to instant licence removal for traction loss, judged by screeching wheels. It has been proven that screeching is not necessarily indicating a traction loss. Buy your car a set of Kuhmo tyres sometime and listen to them screech everywhere you go.

BTW, The Mercedes Buisnessman that lost his licence and car instantly for traction loss a few weeks ago. The Police maintained he had disabled the traction control to make the car skid, It was even reported on the radio that the guy had disabled his traction control to make this happen, I heard it.
What a crock of shit! My mate I've discussed at the start of this thread is the Merc drivers mate.

Just to clear this bullshit up, and teach you cops a thing or two about traction control.
Traction control will not stop you loosing traction at all.
When you plant foot in these 400KW+ cars, even with Traction Control engaged, the wheels will screech and possibly spin.
When the traction control detects the loss of traction, it simply forces the vehicles revs to lower until traction is regained. Thats it!
No disabling of the traction control feature required. The car can always spin up or screech even with the traction control feature engaged.

Unfortunately, with the way the Police are going today and with such rediculous fines being enforced while the real (non-revenue gathering) criminal issues pass us by. It is now a very realistic option to consider running. I know I'll do it if the circumstances are right.

What is the point of that? It's just more hassle for the cops to deal with at the end of the day. It's not like 7 days no vehicle will cause any hassles for the owner!!!
So it's 7 days impounding for failing to stop in a pursuit. (Guilty = Light Punishment)
and 28 days impounding for failing to provide a drivers name. (Not Proven Guilty = Heavier Punishment???)

Do you see the laws you enforce Bykey Cop??? How do you make sense of such bullshit. This society we are living in is purely money driven and you and other cops today are marely revenue collecting and pawns to a money driven government. A corrupt government at that!
Let me explain for you just one more rediculous issue that the hand that feeds you invokes!

A Farkin Bullshit Labour Government Selling It's Country Out - You can Mark My Words!!!

How many of you have heard about the Burmese Boy Soldier Refugees arriving into New Zealand in 6 weeks time?
Approximate 250 soldier trained young Burmese Boys - Arriving into NZ as refugees!!! Hushed up by this labour government with not a word of mention on the government owned airways.
Some of these young boys having over 20 human kills each! Evil murdering People imported to blend into our society!!!
AND WE ARE FARKIN BRINGING THEM HERE??????????????????
WHY?????????????

I know most of you can't understand why!
I can and I refuse to turn a blind eye on the important issues that are harming this country, so let me impart some knowledge for you.

Helen Clarke has imported masses of refugees into this country for her sole benefit! She is selling this country out.
Later this year, Helen Clarke will step down from being Prime Minister - To persue the Top role of "Secretary to the United Nations"
And anyone with half a mind knows how Farkin corrupt and Bullshit the United Nation setup is!
Helen Clarke is bringing in Brutal Cold Blooded Murderers who have been raised knowing nothing other than killing, into our country by the shiploads, to benefit herself!
These 250 efficient murderers, brought here to live off of our society without contribution and to walk side by side with us in every day life.
In my eyes - she is demonic! At minimum - A Criminal for her acts of selling out a nation for her personal gain.

And worst of all - We voted them back in!!! Thats the level of awareness this country has, The majority of this country having Shit for Brains.
A nation of trusting people who are infact too ignorant and too naive to address the real issues.
Blinded by a Government driving Bullshit Policies with a Police Force customised to maintain it!

Unfortunately for you Bikey Cop, In the eyes of poeple like myself. You are but marely an obstacle! (A customised revenue gathering obstacle!)

crshbndct
21st January 2006, 05:55
From the mouth of a ducati owning (now ex) Sergent of a traffic unit in Auckland and then up northish. "Hell yeah, wont see me stopping any time soon, its just not worth it."

He belongs to us now.

awesomesticks.

crshbndct
21st January 2006, 06:14

just a question...

how exactly (besides being illegal) is a burnout a bad thing? i mean, yeah, if they leave broken bottles, and break stuff then ok but these modern jappa sortscars weigh bugerall, they dont wreck the roads, and a burnout is NOT dangerous, (it just looks it) and yet you, in the pursuit of a conviction, probably wrecked some young mans life for the next 5 years. the damage that this does to the economy (ending up on the dole, losing jobs, unable to get insurance) etc will be far worse than letting a young guy have a bit of fun. my father was a wild hoon with bikes and cars when he was young. but back then police didnt seem to worry about young men having fun miles from anyone. if he had lost his car and license back then he would have lost his job and it would have had a serious long lasting effect on his (and my) life. he would have not finishe his apprenticeship, which would have meant he would be in a worse position for the rest of his life.

and if you say that it is irresponsible to do it in the first place if so much is at stake, then why does any one eat mcD's or smoke cigarettes? these things are far more likely to kill you early than doing 120kmh on a ZX10R

Dafe
21st January 2006, 06:18
just a question...

how exactly (besides being illegal) is a burnout a bad thing? i mean, yeah, if they leave broken bottles, and break stuff then ok but these modern jappa sortscars weigh bugerall, they dont wreck the roads, and a burnout is NOT dangerous, (it just looks it) and yet you, in the pursuit of a conviction, probably wrecked some young mans life for the next 5 years. the damage that this does to the economy (ending up on the dole, losing jobs, unable to get insurance) etc will be far worse than letting a young guy have a bit of fun. my father was a wild hoon with bikes and cars when he was young. but back then police didnt seem to worry about young men having fun miles from anyone. if he had lost his car and license back then he would have lost his job and it would have had a serious long lasting effect on his (and my) life. he would have not finishe his apprenticeship, which would have meant he would be in a worse position for the rest of his life.

and if you say that it is irresponsible to do it in the first place if so much is at stake, then why does any one eat mcD's or smoke cigarettes? these things are far more likely to kill you early than doing 120kmh on a ZX10R

Its not about it being a good or bad thing, It's the fact that the Government can claim monetary fines for it. Thats all that matters to them! Intelligent reasoning is not considered.

scumdog
21st January 2006, 07:29

Must be soft Judges up your way, a little while back on similar charge several of 'em got $1,500 fine!

scumdog
21st January 2006, 07:38
just a question...

how exactly (besides being illegal) is a burnout a bad thing? i mean, yeah, if they leave broken bottles, and break stuff then ok but these modern jappa sortscars weigh bugerall, they dont wreck the roads, and a burnout is NOT dangerous, (it just looks it) and yet you, in the pursuit of a conviction, probably wrecked some young mans life for the next 5 years.

Well, it CAN be dangerous; vis one incident when Skyline owner skidded rear tyres down to the steel belt, swapped them with front ones, did the same again, no problem so far.
Next day heading home from work on familiar road, knew the corners - but forgot steel-belts don't grip like rubber and Skyline ended up on roof with four injured occupants - It was not ME that 'ruined' the guys life, HE DID IT ALL BY HIMSELF!
Often the size of the guys brain is closely linked to propensity to do burnouts.
If you haven't enough grunt to spin the tyres without using the brakes then you shouldn't be doing it! - unless it is to compensate for a small dick.
If you have enough grunt to spin 'em just taking off (without brakes) then (IMHO) good one you!
Of course both are illegal!:whistle: :msn-wink:

WINJA
21st January 2006, 09:43
WINJA the wize

oh..I take that back...
I THINK MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE SEEING IT MY WAY AS THE LAWS TIGHTEN UP , AND I DONT MEAN STUPID PEOPLE LIKE ME BUT NORMAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD ENOUGH , I THINK RUNNERS ARE GOING TO GET FAR MORE COMMON

scumdog
21st January 2006, 10:41
shit scumdog....leave ya job at your job....

and for the record I bet you've been over 150 on one of your bikes?...be honest!

Be glad to leave it at work, but have you noticed how YOU lot won't let me!

Yeah, and been faster still in my 'lorry' in my early days AND I got sprung AND I had to cough up lots of money to the Gov't etc - BUT unlike a lot on this site I didn't go crying to all and sundry about how unfair it was and how it was tax gathering etc etc, blah- blah- blah ad infinitum, ad nauseum..........:bleh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

madboy
21st January 2006, 19:09
Yeah, posts getting interesting... Is it runner time yet? Haven't had one in weeks...

JWALKER
21st January 2006, 19:19
Except a logging truck, 'cheese-cutter' barrier etc, - they would stop you no sweat.

yeah, but if that happened, i don't think i would have to much to wory about it, it would be over pretty quick

JWALKER
21st January 2006, 19:26
Yeah, posts getting interesting... Is it runner time yet? Haven't had one in weeks...

im thinking the same, sounds like a good excause to test how fast the bike can go:stoogie:

madboy
21st January 2006, 20:06
im thinking the same, sounds like a good excause to test how fast the bike can go:stoogie:Yeah, plenty of 200-220s, but can't say I've really had a chance to wind it up... I think the 250k lanesplitting was after I'd lost them.

JWALKER
21st January 2006, 20:13
Yeah, plenty of 200-220s, but can't say I've really had a chance to wind it up... I think the 250k lanesplitting was after I'd lost them.

nice buzz?, i find that might tempting indeed

Fatjim
22nd January 2006, 00:26
Must be soft Judges up your way, a little while back on similar charge several of 'em got $1,500 fine!

I wonder if they had a good lawyer? The difference between guilty and innocent in this country is how good your lawyer is, nothing more.

I've learnt a healthy disrespect for the legal system, I for one won't appear as a witness in court again. The cops are a different matter, but i do find it interesting when I run into a good cop who seriously thinks there are no bad cops.

Dafe
22nd January 2006, 00:50

I was wondering why you've been so quiet lately, I just figured that perhaps old age was beginning to take it's toll. We were quite dissapointed on TRTNR that you didn't bring a high speed pursuit past the Breakers Bar......

Fatjim
22nd January 2006, 00:55
Just couldn;t resist, could you Dafe?

Go to bed, you'll need your rest no that VTWIN is going to have to change his name.

Dafe
23rd January 2006, 06:43
Just couldn;t resist, could you Dafe?

Go to bed, you'll need your rest no that VTWIN is going to have to change his name.

Who? Oh you mean Uncle B!!!

Lou Girardin
23rd January 2006, 07:18
Wouldn't work with me sonny - any charges I laid would be 100% true AND of real substance.
Bullshit stuff from either side does not enhance either party or their integrity.

That must be why they waived it. He did bullshit, I didn't.

Lou Girardin
23rd January 2006, 07:28
Carrying on from Dafe's post, we're often told that there's no corruption in NZ. The owners of a leaky apartment block took the Building Industry Association to court on the basis that they approved the standards that led to this problem. The High court found against the owners. (The old boy network wins another one).
Then the Govt threatens the owners with seeking costs against them unless they give up their right of appeal.
If this isn't morally corrupt I don't know what is.

hyobad
14th September 2007, 16:26

Wow, you reming me of someone I used to know, samll COCK, short guy, ego problems, WHAT A COCK!

Finn
14th September 2007, 16:29
Carrying on from Dafe's post, we're often told that there's no corruption in NZ. The owners of a leaky apartment block took the Building Industry Association to court on the basis that they approved the standards that led to this problem. The High court found against the owners. (The old boy network wins another one).
Then the Govt threatens the owners with seeking costs against them unless they give up their right of appeal.
If this isn't morally corrupt I don't know what is.

Don't get me started. Not only did they lose, but THIS government wound up the BIA as they knew they would eventually get hammered. They're just a bad as the bloody developers winding up their companies. Corrupt Government scum.

Da Bird
14th September 2007, 17:00
Wow, you reming me of someone I used to know, samll COCK, short guy, ego problems, WHAT A COCK!

16 posts and insulting people already. Welcome to KB.... NOT.

Well done though for dredging up an 18 month old thread ... maybe soon you could start your own.

BC.

codgyoleracer
14th September 2007, 17:07
Cant recommnend running - but if one was going to - ......

1) Your only running (failing to stop) if you "agree" that you saw them asking you to stop in the first place.
2) If you make the decision , make it fast & keep as calm as possible
3) Once you are out of site pull off the road, up a drive, whatever - but getting out of site & hiding for an hour or so is a good idea - as they have a habit of radioing there mates in the vicinity which lock down the whole area pretty quick
4) Be aware that joe blo public in their tin tops have a nasty habit of "keeping an eye on you" & will dob you in to the law given a chance.
4) Take the long way home when you do venture out from your hideeehole again
5) However - If you think they have made a clear ID on your plate STOP

Scouse
14th September 2007, 17:07
Wow, you reming me of someone I used to know, samll COCK, short guy, ego problems, WHAT A COCK!Er a word to the wise take some time to realy see what people are like before you start to insult them you have formed a totaly incorect opinion of someone after logging on for the first time five days ago.

675trippy
14th September 2007, 17:09
i'm all for running from cops killing yourself depriving your kids the right to know their father putting the wife through misery and being a menace to anyone else who happens to be on the road. as for hyocrap you might find it a bit hard on your aquila

kevfromcoro
14th September 2007, 17:31
Done a runner a few times years ago.
Got away a few times.its a rush allright.
I did a runner one night and drove into somebodys hedge.sitting on my bike as the copper comes past.but had my foot on the brake light.nobbled me.
A mate of mine was being chased one night..he was legging it.over fences through backyards... hellicopeter.with a heat sensor.
Jumped into a dog kennel..got away.
He was dam lucky MR Rottweiler wasnt home

peasea
14th September 2007, 17:34
Er a word to the wise take some time to realy see what people are like before you start to insult them you have formed a totaly incorect opinion of someone after logging on for the first time five days ago.

Hang on; he was referring to a cop wasn't he? I thought they were all thick-skinned and tough-as. That sort of petty b/s would surely be water off a ducks back to one of our finest. They get it all the time...nah, there'd be no offence (sic) taken, for sure.

BOT:

We used to run from the MOT guys all the time in Wellington, it was almost a sport. Wouldn't bother trying on my FXR though, the bike just isn't up to it. Besides, I'm over that shit and more in touch with my mortality these days, plus I have to consider the needs of my family. I will, however, take the cops on in the courtroom. Plead not guilty to everything, go for minor technicalities, jam the system and at least get them off the road for a few hours. It's a much safer sport and you get the pleasure of making them work for their 'instant' fines.:2thumbsup

davereid
14th September 2007, 17:56
We used to run from the MOT guys all the time in Wellington, it was almost a sport.:2thumbsup

Yep, I grew up in CHCH, it was just the same.

I remember in about 1982-ish I had an XJ650, it was way faster than the cops Holden Belmonts.

Then one day a cop showed up with a Commodore. I ran (of course) and was sure it was no faster.

But I got a bit lost, and ended up in a trap - the cop was between me and the main road.

So I switched off and waited.

The cop turned the car off, and hopped out, bright pink with anger. I knew I was in trouble, he was adjusting his hat over and over, and generally drawing it out, swaggering towards me with his ticket book.

Then, we heard a whoosh. We both looked at his car - when he turned it off, the fan stopped (not electric like today, but driven off the engine).

So the super-heated Holden after a big run, boiled.

I saw no reason to assist, hey, I wasn't carrying any spare water, so I left.

Spent a week looking over my shoulder in case he got my rego, but my plate was never that easy to read, seemed to get dirty quickly and never heard anything.

Patrick
15th September 2007, 12:45

So... were you the mummy or the daddy? Turns, perhaps?

Edbear
15th September 2007, 14:34
I run WITH them, does that count??:whistle:

But then I do believe you are a little confused right now, SD. You seem to have had a sex change....

Cr1MiNaL
15th September 2007, 20:24
What can we do? Burecureacy rules unfortunately. Theres this one officer who patrols from Orewa to Albany, I just hope he has a daughter .... So I can sleep with her and not call her back.

Disco Dan
15th September 2007, 20:53
This thread brings up the "flip up number plate gadget mod" ticking around my brain again.

I only run if the bacon has not seen my plate. The way I see it, I got a lot of reasons to run... the fines.. the impound and the lack of transport to work etc etc etc... Would also have to be doing something pretty stupid though. If I was doing 61k in a 50 then I would stop... but (dare I say it) if I left my other brain cell at home and was being stupid... and was doing "lose license" speeds then I make the call to run or stop.

Helps to have a spare helmet too... wear it for a few days after a "run" :cool: ..not that i've needed to ;)

westie
15th September 2007, 22:12
If ya gonna run you shouldn't have to do break neck speeds. Its more a brains thing than a how fast can I go where did I put my oversize balls thing.
If a cruiser has spotted you and you take the appropriate action they will be left wondering which way:confused:
I reckon you souldn't have to break the law to avoid it.

westie
15th September 2007, 22:13
Helps to have a spare helmet too... wear it for a few days after a "run" :cool: ..not that i've needed to ;)

Yea and a mates garage. Never go home with your bike after

Zapf
16th September 2007, 02:15
Well done though for dredging up an 18 month old thread ... maybe soon you could start your own.

BC.

In all fairness I find this thread interesting reading thou :)

Zapf
16th September 2007, 02:18
This thread brings up the "flip up number plate gadget mod" ticking around my brain again.

let me give you another idea, LCD overlay over your number plate.

ambler
16th September 2007, 03:03
I ran once but only because
-they had a car, and a bike will easily lose a car in Tokyo traffic
-the next couple of lights were green
-they were only trying to stop me for an illegal u-turn
-number plates here are hard to read quickly because they have small kanji on them

I think if any of these were not the case I might have stopped. The first is probably the most important - I would never try to run from a bike cop.

delusionz
16th September 2007, 04:19
this is all bs, how could a cop be chasing you without ever seeing your rego, what would you be running from in that case? a policeman 5 cars back who wasn't even after you anyways?

sounds like a theory from someone stupid enough to do a runner anyways

delusionz
16th September 2007, 04:33
not someone on a 250

thats not guts...its delusion

it's what now?

iwilde
16th September 2007, 06:17

I only run if the bacon has not seen my plate. The way I see it, I got a lot of reasons to run... the fines.. the impound and the lack of transport to work etc etc etc... Would also have to be doing something pretty stupid though. If I was doing 61k in a 50 then I would stop... but (dare I say it) if I left my other brain cell at home and was being stupid... and was doing "lose license" speeds then I make the call to run or stop.

Why don't you just pill over and give the cop some man love that you were raving about on another thread? You could wear the winning T Shirt in your own compition "I'm a man love machine, hear me snore"

peasea
16th September 2007, 16:23
Why don't you just pill over and give the cop some man love that you were raving about on another thread? You could wear the winning T Shirt in your own compition "I'm a man love machine, hear me snore"

Or dress up like the true star of 'The Village People' and join the force. You'd blend right in.

iwilde
16th September 2007, 21:34
Or dress up like the true star of 'The Village People' and join the force. You'd blend right in.

Lol. Na, even the fuzz have higher standards than that!

Swoop
17th September 2007, 09:31
Nine pages and not a mention of "the one, the only" - Beginners Guide to Runners?
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=580278&postcount=1

A rather large thread that started a heated discussion...

codgyoleracer
17th September 2007, 09:50
Nine pages and not a mention of "the one, the only" - Beginners Guide to Runners?

Now thats a good post :2thumbsup

scumdog
17th September 2007, 10:16

So, so true!!!

But those that post here with one hand on their cock and their eyes out of focus will assume (well, they can't think) that it applies to everybody but themselves.

hyobad
17th September 2007, 11:39

Wow, he's ONTO IT!

When I get a big bike I might try doing a runner one day.

peasea
17th September 2007, 12:57
Lol. Na, even the fuzz have higher standards than that!

Hmmm, says who?

4wheeler
17th September 2007, 21:46
Wow, he's ONTO IT!

heh, I think your kidding, but...

Unless you have just robbed a bank or something, or your so full of yourself you think Michael Schumacher is a slow bastard... if you have to think about doing a runner from a cop then I don't think it matters what kind of machine you ride or drive, or how fast it is, ( assuming it's not a complete slug) you probably will end up not doing it. I think for most runners it's purely an unreasoned and impulsive reaction. And if you do do it, chances are you wont even imediately realize the Oh Shit! situation your in until you check your mirrors and get an ear full of siren. At least thats how it was when I tried to burn off a MOT patrol car in my clapped out FD Vauxhall Victor when I was a dumbfuk 17 year old.

peasea
17th September 2007, 23:20
Wow, he's ONTO IT!

heh, I think your kidding, but...

Unless you have just robbed a bank or something, or your so full of yourself you think Michael Schumacher is a slow bastard... if you have to think about doing a runner from a cop then I don't think it matters what kind of machine you ride or drive, or how fast it is, ( assuming it's not a complete slug) you probably will end up not doing it. I think for most runners it's purely an unreasoned and impulsive reaction. And if you do do it, chances are you wont even imediately realize the Oh Shit! situation your in until you check your mirrors and get an ear full of siren. At least thats how it was when I tried to burn off a MOT patrol car in my clapped out FD Vauxhall Victor when I was a dumbfuk 17 year old.[/QUOTE]

FD Victor? Brilliant car loaded up with Webers, headers and a cam!
Jeez, haven't heard those words in a while; you must be an old fart!

EZAS
18th September 2007, 17:01
My 2 cents. If your on the motorway and your bike can go faster than 250kmh, then there's no point in stopping unless its heavy traffic or the cops have a clear view of your plate.

In saying that, I've been rammed a few times by some traffic officers (ie fun police) that didn't find my antics on the road as comical as I did.

Fatjim
18th September 2007, 17:27

A rather large thread that started a heated discussion...

I think from memory this thread was started BEFORE the thread you mentioned! I don't know, I can't be arsed finding out for sure.

MaxCannon
18th September 2007, 22:30
Well I've done a runner twice on the GN
The first was on the motorway heading to work, still on the L plate.
I was doing 100 and the cop was right in front of a truck in the left lane doing about 80. I didn't see him till I was already past.
He saw me and pulled into my lane as I went past him.
Now being paranoid about the stupid 70kph rule I swerved off at the next exit and threaded through the traffic.
His lights didn't come on but he did swerve up the same exit as me only to get stuck in traffic.

The second was just last week. After a shit day and late finish at work I was rushing home doing about 70 (not looking at the speedo) on a road marked 50 (one of the many roads that are wide, well lit and should be at least 60kph).
Cop car going the other way did a U turn and popped on his lights.
I took the next left, thrashed the beast (probably to about 80 lol) and took a couple more turns.
He must of given up because I didn't see or hear him after the first turn.

Not really very exciting stories.

The one runner I did in the car was at much higher speed.
You know how you get a new car or bike and you can't resist seeing how it goes (come on I know you do).
Well not long after getting the GT legacy I put my foot down and kept it there for no other reason than it was late and no one was around.
As bad luck would have it there was someone around.
As I went past an onramp at about 160 (slowing down at that point having been off the clock just before) a cop car was joining the motorway.
Now the prospect of a big fine was enough for me to put my foot back down again.
Obviously a GT Legacy isn't the fastest thing in the world but it is faster than a Police Commodore.
Fortunately the road was empty and by the time I'd hit the redline in top the red and blues had disappeard out of sight.
I got off the motorway a couple of exits down and hid.
Don't know if the cop took the same exit as me but I didn't see or hear him.

Does anyone know how fast a Police Spec Commodore can go ?
I'm guessing 200kph with all the drag from the lights and weight from the comms and other kit.

bryce
18th September 2007, 22:34
I had a young worker I tryed to tell not to out run cops etc he told me how much his fines were , $5,000 wiped clean four 20 hr com service. a mate that had $75,000 AND one 150,000 , they dealt with cops so often and had such big fines they didn,t care .they would almost look 4 cops to make nights more fun .it all started with small fines, that i would get a warning 4 and fines made to give cops power to stop young kids driving late at night eg one fine he was diving home from miking ,a $400 start .he then told me he would hit 180 every mornning in his old cortina.

R6_kid
18th September 2007, 22:59
Does anyone know how fast a Police Spec Commodore can go ?
I'm guessing 200kph with all the drag from the lights and weight from the comms and other kit.

I'd hope that a V6 commodore would be good for more than 250kmh at least, otherwise the cops should all be driving FXGT corolla's... and topping out at 200kmh.

scumdog
18th September 2007, 23:17
I'd hope that a V6 commodore would be good for more than 250kmh at least, otherwise the cops should all be driving FXGT corolla's... and topping out at 200kmh.

Put all the gear a cop car has into a FXGT and the only way it would get to 200kmh would be if you launched it out of a Bristol Freighter at 5,000 feet.

Theres shitloads of young dudes cars that can do '240 kays plus man', funny how none of them have ever actually done it, when they get to 170kmh or so something seems to hold them back from their potential so it seems...

Rhino
18th September 2007, 23:39
Put all the gear a cop car has into a FXGT and the only way it would get to 200kmh would be if you launched it out of a Bristol Freighter at 5,000 feet....
Shit SD, most of the young fellas on here wouldn't know what a Bristol Freighter is.:msn-wink:

Theres shitloads of young dudes cars that can do '240 kays plus man', funny how none of them have ever actually done it, when they get to 170kmh or so something seems to hold them back from their potential so it seems...
I've never had that problem on bikes, but I know what you mean. Once they get over 160-170, some sort of limiter seems to kick in.:niceone:

TLMAN
19th September 2007, 01:56
Which one of you bad boys was it that was running from a silver undercover commy yesterday at about 8.30 on wairau rd, glenfield. I was in my cage and next thing there was a flash of black followed by red and blue and silver both doing about 140. Insane!!

bimotabob
19th September 2007, 07:10
Hi

If the cop is on the other side of a wide highway (like no.3 for eg) doing a 100 and you are doin over that they just don't have time or distance on their side to read your plate.
Pass as many cars as you can and then shoot down a sideroad if you know the area and put your bike up to warp speed.
Cops can get very mad when they lose a rider like this - and it may make them especially nasty to other bikers though.
However in the heat of the moment you don't worry about this and go at speeds often way faster than you do - like shooting through small towns like Ohaupo past streams of cars doing well over a 100.

I got chased once and didn't even know it till I got off my bike at a mates and a dog handler zooms into the drive way.
He said he had to fly to catch me -no ticket book though.
I had been "flying" like he said but agreed to slow down in future.

Cheers

Toast
19th September 2007, 12:12

No way dude. I'd say a stock one would do around 230 on a good day, and taking all of it to get there. The Police one might have a few more ponies but as mentioned, all that gear would probably negate that advantage when it comes to top speed.

I have heard from a source that's possibly as unreliable as the ones that everyone else around here has that they've got better than HSV spec suspension though. That combined with a well trained driver should haul in 95% of the people who decide they're going to run.

Luckylegs
19th September 2007, 14:00

Yeh, often the thing holding them back turns out to a tree, a pole or another car

unhingedlizard
19th September 2007, 15:52
worst thing i find is the anxious wait to see if anything drops through the mailbox.
dont think cop would see your plate coming the other way at 100k, but a camera in a car would.

bucket boy
19th September 2007, 17:48
guy intodays tauranga paper had a runaway sussed cable pulled number plate
flying pass speed camera and patrol car clocked at 153k in 100k area tryed out running through traffic sounds like wasnt working out as planned went to stop copper helped him of bike with his patrolcar $1700 fine 6 months walking
and wat ever to him and bike

scumdog
19th September 2007, 17:51
flying pass speed camera and patrol car clocked at 153k in 100k area tryed out running through traffic sounds like wasnt working out as planned went to stop copper helped him of bike with his patrolcar $1700 fine 6 months walking

Boy, THAT was an expensive runner - and so successful too!!:rolleyes::lol::rofl::whistle:

Cr1MiNaL
19th September 2007, 18:12

that cop should have known better than to ram a bike off a road even if the rider was being an arse(I presume thats what happened)... seriously whats all that training for when u fail as a human being in the end?

Patrick
19th September 2007, 19:46
Blame shifting YammyR6??? The rider was the problem, the cop just put an end to it all???

Fatjim
19th September 2007, 21:10
Put all the gear a cop car has into a FXGT and the only way it would get to 200kmh would be if you launched it out of a Bristol Freighter at 5,000 feet.

Shit mate, didn't know you had put the sissy bar and tassles on the cruiser Cletus. Do you wear the chaps under your hi vis vest as well?