PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Kim Kennedy

terbang
19th January 2006, 09:35
I knew this woman and her family well. Her Brother Dean and I were good friends back in the 70's, he was killed on his motorbike (CB450) when he collided with a cage in 1978. At 18 years old it was a real shock to realise that we wernt indestructable and it took me years to get over the loss caused by that accident. kim was his older sister (we called her "topsy" in those days) and she was a real cool chick that I had allways looked up to and she has been riding for years. To be perfectly honest I have, after loosing contact, just discovered that she was killed in a similar way and am rather shaken by the news and once again it raises questions about the inevitability of a serious Bin myself.
A tragic loss to the Kennedys from Helensville..
RIP Topsy

Herald article..:

Crash kills motorbike 'soulmate'

By Louisa Cleave

Kim Kennedy's motto was "ride to live, live to ride". Today her casket will be taken on a final ride by motorbike hearse.

The 47-year-old mother of four died on Boxing Day when her motorbike and a car collided on State Highway 1 between Orewa and Waiwera.

Kim Kennedy was one of the 15 people who have lost their lives on the roads during the holiday break.

Kim Kennedy, also known as "Trumpy Girl", had ridden her Triumph to Mangawhai on Monday, hoping to buy tickets to a Jimmy Barnes concert, but they were sold out.

She rode back to the Puhoi Hotel to meet partner Daniel Andrews, who was working at the pub.

She intended following his car back to their home at Dairy Flat.

When Mr Andrews found his partner was not behind him, he turned back and came across the police road block.

Mr Andrews yesterday remembered his "soulmate" as a woman who lived life to the full.

She had battled cancer twice and "triumphed and got over it" and was a karate expert.

Kim Kennedy was the country's first female professional boxing judge and was on the verge of international appointment, said New Zealand Boxing Federation Commissioner Steve Miles.

The funeral procession today will go from the Puhoi Hotel through Kaukapakapa and Albany to a service at Red Beach.

Kim Kennedy leaves her partner and children Jed, 19, Kaylee, 14, Cerise, 12, and Shontelle, 9.

MidnightMike
19th January 2006, 09:37
Very sad story tebang :crybaby:

Fishy
19th January 2006, 09:48
Sorry to hear terbang, may she rest in peace.

snuffles
19th January 2006, 09:50
RIP........ another sad loss

judgeshock
19th January 2006, 09:54
Not flash at all RIP, a real sad story

KATWYN
19th January 2006, 10:16
Kim Kennedy leaves her partner and children Jed, 19, Kaylee, 14, Cerise, 12, and Shontelle, 9.

I heard from a good friend of Kims that those childrens personalities are beautiful - (ie) it was either the 12 or 14 year old (the same day or a day after) the tragedy, saw this freind of Kims in tears and the first thing she said to this freind was "are you ok?" - this girl had just lost her mother -....and yet she was so concerned for the well being of others.