PDA

View Full Version : GTR Ride 2

zadok
19th January 2006, 10:30
The owner of the GTR forum that I am on, is over from Queensland. He rode over on his GTR, 4,400km! Two others on the forum joined him for a ride yesterday. We had a great ride in warm weather through the Perth hills and off to Toodyay (pronounced Toojay) for coffee, then through to Northam, then York for lunch. Came back via Mundaring and Roe Hwy to home for BBQ. 329km all up.

skelstar
19th January 2006, 11:03
That looks awesome Marty. Imagine that you'd have to like riding in a straight line eh? Whats the open road speed limit across the Nalabor (?) desert roads?

sAsLEX
19th January 2006, 11:06
That looks awesome Marty. Imagine that you'd have to like riding in a straight line eh? Whats the open road speed limit across the Nalabor (?) desert roads?

Whats the chance of meeting a cop?

zadok
19th January 2006, 20:17
110km/h. Northern Territory has some umlimited speed zones.

terbang
21st January 2006, 21:09
Most of the northern territory is an open speed limit..:Playnice:

Highlander
30th January 2006, 00:23
Huge distances to cover - 4500 Km each way! We just did 2 weeks around the South Island in the van with the kids and did just on 5000 for the round trip. (Gotta do it again on 2 wheels).

Good stuff Marty.

zadok
30th January 2006, 09:45
I like going for rides with a group, as I'm sure most of us do. But the GTR only ride, a bit exclusive as it is, is a great ride with all the same bikes. I'm hoping for a bigger turn out next time.