PDA

View Full Version : NZ online gear store?

SPORK
19th January 2006, 21:48
What NZ sites have prices and pictures for motorcycle gear? None of the main bike stores' sites seem to. Motherfuckers, give me some info!:spudwow:

skelstar
19th January 2006, 22:01
www.sportsbikesnz.co.nz
Kit gets a good rap from users on this site.

SPORK
19th January 2006, 22:13
I mean like riding gear. Like leather jackets and whatnot. My bad.

steved
19th January 2006, 22:32
TardMe? :)

dawnrazor
20th January 2006, 05:11
motomail.co.nz say they do, but the last time I looked it was special offers only, they do mail order though and you can download a catalogue, but not strictly a online shopping experience.

Just look at UK sites and get sizes and styles and then order them from your friendly bike shop directly. sucks but is cheaper then importing

James Deuce
20th January 2006, 06:18
How could you guys? You forgot TonyB!!!

I know it's only just starting, but TonyB has a small but growing motorcycle equipment online store.

www.motoequip.co.nz

Big Dave
20th January 2006, 09:57
motomail.co.nz say they do,

Not even that at the moment - they are all hands on deck with moving - the new showroom and otlet stores open on Wednesday.
Once the dust settles there they will be back on the online case.

Chris IS committed to an online shop.

-------------------------

I'm not so sure.
I was involved in several dotcom meltdowns during the horror run - I was Art Director at IT media when flyingpig.co.nz contributed to that organisation going out the back door - so I remain quite sceptical about the viability of online trading, particularly for bike gear - it's a touchy feely thing, plus the cost of geeks and the overhead of maintining the site might not be covered by the revenue it generates.

Later this year we'll know who's right.

WRT
20th January 2006, 10:08
They are moving? Where to, and will there be a big sale involved?? ;)

SVrunner
20th January 2006, 10:13
from me looking can not find a good NZ site with pic's.
Better sites overseas.

Momentum
20th January 2006, 10:41
Me and my old man were looking into starting an online shop. because i work down the road from NWA and i have a friend who works there. But all the importers and shops got together in NZ and the importers were will not sell to an online store. You have to have a retail shop to get accounts with them.

so i think the only way NZ is going to get online shopping when it comes to bike stuff is if the retail shops start doing it on the side

Lou Girardin
20th January 2006, 11:24
Buying clothes online is not worth the effort usually. Sizing is all over the place and things look different in photos.
AMPS buy stuff only after we've seen samples.

SPORK
20th January 2006, 13:24
Buying clothes online is not worth the effort usually. Sizing is all over the place and things look different in photos.
AMPS buy stuff only after we've seen samples.
I don't want to buy online, just look at prices and such so I know what to pay.

Jim2, I certainly havn't forgotten ol' TonyB or his grand Minotaur leathers, it's just that at the moment I'm more looking for jacket and helmet prices.

Lou Girardin
20th January 2006, 13:50
I don't want to buy online, just look at prices and such so I know what to pay.

Jim2, I certainly havn't forgotten ol' TonyB or his grand Minotaur leathers, it's just that at the moment I'm more looking for jacket and helmet prices.

Send a PM to various retailers who are on this site, me, cibby etc. Give an idea of what you want and your budget and most will reply. I sure will.

cowpoos
20th January 2006, 13:53
Just look at UK sites and get sizes and styles and then order them from your friendly bike shop directly. sucks but is cheaper then importing

crap...crap....crap...u ain't even do it hav ya....

I saved $730 NZD by importing my leathers after sizing them at my local bike shop and saved about 70-80 NZD on my old gloves...

bike gear is shit loads cheaper overseas even after you pay import duties and GST

Quasievil
20th January 2006, 13:59
My site isnt far away to those that are interested

dawnrazor
20th January 2006, 14:05
crap...crap....crap...u ain't even do it hav ya....

I saved $730 NZD by importing my leathers after sizing them at my local bike shop and saved about 70-80 NZD on my old gloves...

bike gear is shit loads cheaper overseas even after you pay import duties and GST

I stand corrected, in hindsight your probably right - did you see the time of day it was i posted that at.
you do have to admit that sizing can be a bit of a lottery if you can't try on something similiar here, and guarantees would be an issue on faulty gear i expect.
I think i'd rather buy in kiwi land as well and put the money into the economy here instead of a overseas country.

Quasievil
20th January 2006, 14:11
I stand corrected, in hindsight your probably right - did you see the time of day it was i posted that at.
you do have to admit that sizing can be a bit of a lottery if you can't try on something similiar here, and guarantees would be an issue on faulty gear i expect.
I think i'd rather buy in kiwi land as well and put the money into the economy here instead of a overseas country.

Sizing is never a Problem buying online here, you have a waist, measure it, you have a chest, measure it etc, Ive sold shitloads online and only once did I have a sizing issue in which case the item was promptly swapped, you will find that tonyB will be as equaly competent at this also, its in both our interests to be very switiched on in this regard.
your options are to buy online in NZ save shitloads, buy online overseas send your maney away and wait longer for it and have less opportunity for comeback or buy retail NZ nad pay twice the price, simple really aint it

Big Dave
20th January 2006, 14:51
They are moving? Where to, and will there be a big sale involved?? ;)

Doesn't happen till WEDNESDAY.
I'm about to send these to the printers - have the details

WRT
20th January 2006, 15:07
Cool, thanks for that BD. Outlet, eh?? Hmm . . .

TonyB
20th January 2006, 17:45
Thanks Jim! I don't sell seperate jackets, but Quasi does. Give him a go.

SPORK
20th January 2006, 19:07
Bu..bu...bu...but I want YOUR one! I'll be too bogan to get the full 2-piece, but I like your jacket. :( WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THE WORDL:!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!

TonyB
20th January 2006, 19:45
Bu..bu...bu...but I want YOUR one! I'll be too bogan to get the full 2-piece, but I like your jacket. :( WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THE WORDL:!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!
As in my one?

SPORK
20th January 2006, 19:47
As in my one?
Well, your minotaur one. I don't specifically want YOUR one. I don't swing that side of the fence. Sorry chap. :bleh:

But yeah, I do fancy the Minotaur two piece jackets. But I don't want leather pants anytime soon. (Awaiting bleating from gear enthusiasts)

TonyB
20th January 2006, 20:27
Well, your minotaur one. I don't specifically want YOUR one. I don't swing that side of the fence. Sorry chap. :bleh:

But yeah, I do fancy the Minotaur two piece jackets. But I don't want leather pants anytime soon. (Awaiting bleating from gear enthusiasts)
Bleating starts here. When you slide, you slide feet first (or at least thats what you try to do- head first could have bad implications for ones kneck). Without pants to zip the jacket to, the jacket will try to ride up, exposing whatever side you happen to be sliding on. This will not be fun.

Tell you what- I've had people wanting just the pants. What size are you? If I can sort it out so I can sell a set then you are on. But I will warn you- the jackets are made to be part of a 2 piece, so they are cut short. Mine stops at about belt height (top of the belt).

Quasievil
20th January 2006, 21:26
Bleating starts here. When you slide, you slide feet first (or at least thats what you try to do- head first could have bad implications for ones kneck). Without pants to zip the jacket to, the jacket will try to ride up, exposing whatever side you happen to be sliding on. This will not be fun.

Tell you what- I've had people wanting just the pants. What size are you? If I can sort it out so I can sell a set then you are on. But I will warn you- the jackets are made to be part of a 2 piece, so they are cut short. Mine stops at about belt height (top of the belt).

Hey Tony how about halfs you sell him the Jacket I sell him the pants, :rolleyes:

Fuck me whiskey has run dry again time for a refill:drinkup:

SPORK
20th January 2006, 22:58
Hm, bleats taken and noted. I'm quite interested in this cool black leather Teknic jacket my brother's friend has, I hear he got it for $300...

Quasiman, if I remember right your leather pants are pretty krieg so I'll keep them in mind.

And I repeat: Anyone who knows of a nice condition RG150 for sale, PM ME!

dawnrazor
21st January 2006, 09:56
your options are to buy online in NZ save shitloads, buy online overseas send your maney away and wait longer for it and have less opportunity for comeback or buy retail NZ nad pay twice the price, simple really aint it

Isn't that more or less what i said?