PDA

View Full Version : Kawa VN900

cruising
20th January 2006, 16:00
Here is what seems to be a first good look on the new Kawa cruiser:

http://motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/kaw900close/

Waylander
20th January 2006, 16:14
Not bad. Still prefer my Virago, but Slashwylde may be interested. Wonder how long it'll be before he sees this thread....

thehollowmen
20th January 2006, 16:28
mm shiney

Doesn't look half bad, although I hope it has a nice low center of gravity. I didn't like the VN1800 because it was so high up, but the new HD softtail is easy to move..

zadok
20th January 2006, 20:20
Wouldn't mind test riding one of those babies, just for the hell of it.

SlashWylde
30th January 2006, 16:48
Not bad. Still prefer my Virago, but Slashwylde may be interested. Wonder how long it'll be before he sees this thread....

10 days to be exact but I've known about the VN900 since September of last year...right after I bought my VN800 :slap: The VN900 is sexier overall, sports more features and of course a bigger engine and EFI. Quite a lot of bike it would seem & I'll be first in line to try one when Mt Eden motorcycles get them in.

THe VN800 has been around for a decade if memory serves so it was due for a re-vamp & I think Kawasaki have come up with a great package that will out-compete all the other manufacturers in the 800 to 1000cc bracket.

Oh well I still love my baby. I prefer pegs to floorboards plus with the sort of off road riding I do, a belt drive would get fucked-up in no time....see attached pic from the 'Naki. That was an afternoon stroll up to Mt Damper Falls just south-east of Tongaporutu where I was staying with a mate over the holidays. 20 odd kms of wet gravel & mud each way.

I reckon that road sign should have the caption "Caution: Extreme Cruising Ahead!" LOL Try doing that shit on your sprot bike. :finger:

Hitcher
30th January 2006, 17:41
Spokes. Pah. Fails straight away. And why do manufacturers have to make cruisers look so podgy? The tank and chassis lines are nice. But those guards!

The VN800 is a nicer looking bike (even though it fails the spokes test) and has a better power-to-weight ratio. Maybe Kawasaki thought they needed a mid-size porker in their cruiser range?

Meanie
1st February 2006, 20:32
Spokes. Pah. Fails straight away. And why do manufacturers have to make cruisers look so podgy? The tank and chassis lines are nice. But those guards!

The VN800 is a nicer looking bike (even though it fails the spokes test) and has a better power-to-weight ratio. Maybe Kawasaki thought they needed a mid-size porker in their cruiser range?
Yea i hate spokes too and im not keen on the flared gaurd look:nono:
Thats why i brought the meanie it has the gauges in the right place for easy to see riding and looks shit loads better :2thumbsup

zadok
18th March 2006, 10:18
Another test just out. Sounds pretty good for a 'baby' cruiser.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16march06_vulcan900.htm

cruising
19th March 2006, 23:21
Another test just out. Sounds pretty good for a 'baby' cruiser.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16march06_vulcan900.htm

Thanks for the link. :niceone:

Cookie
20th March 2006, 08:46
They did a nice job of placing the radiator compared with the M50. Overall I like the look but the Meanie is still cooler IMHO.