PDA

View Full Version : So who is keen.........

larriken
21st January 2006, 15:09
to get together and try and organise the first NZ stunt practise day. I am not sure where or how, but I've got the why bit sussed. Any ideas would be appreciated, specially for a location that we could use that is safe and legal. Honestly, there is no better way to learn than to get together with other like minded nutters.

Scared Sheep Squadron Stunt Day!

Your thoughts and ideas.......................

froggyfrenchman
21st January 2006, 15:14
i would be up for participating, providing i have a decent bike by that point of time...

drum up some good work for plastic welders and car painters...

ghostrider
21st January 2006, 22:54
im keen we all put in say $20 each and the best stunter takes all

larriken
22nd January 2006, 19:59
Haha, you're on Ghost! Haven't heard from you for a bit! Where have you been hiding? Is that a new ride you have in the photo?

Not quite what I was thinking on the ride front though, but close. Thinking legal, hire a strip or something for a day. Does anyone have any contacts that might help us out. Geez, I'll quite happily throw my bike on the trailer and make the journey to AK if it means I get to stunt with other like minded individuals!

Zed
22nd January 2006, 20:05
im keen we all put in say $20 each and the best stunter takes allThat's quite a trick Blade in that pic Ghostrider! Anyone you know?? :psst:

loosebruce
22nd January 2006, 23:45
It'd be fairly safe to say me Trashy and Death would be in, Death has a place to checkout private road stuff, might be able to "hire", just been hard to follow up with me working everyday morning to night and the old man brokenish.

ghostrider
23rd January 2006, 08:03
yea had it for a few months now its way better than the old blade just been doin stunt demos n stuff me and my m8 got sponserd by e2 energy so they helped us out alot ive got another set of fairings they are camo u may have seen sum pics floating around

Drew
23rd January 2006, 12:20
I'll be there. My bike aint too well suited, but fuck it. Anyone know where to score a big rear sproket?:wari:

HDTboy
23rd January 2006, 12:33
That looks like the Western hills drive carpark in Whangarei, Ghost.

ghostrider
23rd January 2006, 17:10
haha yea it is just did a few scrapes and cruzed its a good carpark that

Drew
23rd January 2006, 19:15
I just had a squiz at that pic of ghostriders. I'm not coming! Although some of my wheelies are ok, there aint no way in hell I can do that shit. So I will abstain from embarracing myself, and go cry myself to sleep, feeling very inadiquate indeed.:not:

Qkchk
24th January 2006, 17:29
Probaly the best place would be a dis-used runway. I know you can hire @ at Whenuapai Airbase, BRONZ do their safe riding courses there. Plenty of room to move and stunt. :yeah:

White trash
28th January 2006, 07:50
I'm keen.

First ever Scared-Sheep-Squadron meeting, lovin' it. Let's find a spot.

aff-man
28th January 2006, 08:31
I'm pretty keen...

Still just a learner in the stunt division but When i get the new sprockets on next week it should be better. No-where near your guys capabilities but hell practice makes perfect right???

larriken
29th January 2006, 19:08
I'm keen.

First ever Scared-Sheep-Squadron meeting, lovin' it. Let's find a spot.

Haha, new you wouldn't let me down!

OK, where? Auckland somewhere seems to be a good bet as most everybody in NZ seems to live there!

To clarify as well, what I mean by a stunt day is a practise day. A day for anyone who is interested to have a go in a safe place. Any level of skills, no competition or stress. Gotta be a good thing!

Coyote
29th January 2006, 19:15
I'd be interested in learning how to do some stunts. Won't be able to make it to Auckland though :pinch:

DMNTD
29th January 2006, 19:16
That looks like the Western hills drive carpark in Whangarei, Ghost.
hahaha! Thought I recognised it :doobey:
I'd be a keen spectator at least. Need to learn some safe wheelies so always better to suround yaself with ones better skilled up eh.
Know a few others that would make the journey down to suss it out too.

Lycurgan
29th January 2006, 19:23
Yeah, keen as. No skill, but hoping to aquire and thats what it's about isn't it?

ghostrider
3rd February 2006, 16:33
yea so whats the go? im keen 4 woteva. If there is no place to ride we can always ride the streets:chase:

larriken
3rd February 2006, 20:08
yea so whats the go? im keen 4 woteva. If there is no place to ride we can always ride the streets:chase:

I'm in, let's pick a time and place to be!

White trash
3rd February 2006, 22:44
Let's see if we can't organise the place first. There's a few possibles in Dorkland. Stay tuned.

GIXser
7th February 2006, 21:00
let me know when you guys are doing this i made a wheelie bar for a Gixer, it looks a bit ancient but, it stops ya from going over--
would be keen to come out, anyone that has a gixer, can use it as well- i can post a few picks if anyone wants to see it!!

ghostrider
9th February 2006, 16:49
yes i would like to see it :apint:

Riff Raff
9th February 2006, 17:23
Ball is rolling for stunt day. See: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=24418

IronicCapers
26th February 2006, 20:35
Im not sure about road bikes but a good place to do dirt bike stunts is Nick Franklins place. Hes gt a foam pit and MX track the works basically just out of auckland

larriken
27th February 2006, 19:02
Fireblade in the foam pit! Now that would be interesting!

IronicCapers
27th February 2006, 21:09
Hey sum1 give me a bike and il do it. Hell i dnt care wat bike i use to go in2 the foam pit if its got two wheel then its possible to back flip
:headbang:

IronicCapers
28th February 2006, 21:36
I think the rider with the foam pit is luke smith. Im not sure always get mixed up with the names for some reason