PDA

View Full Version : wahoooooooooooo!!!!!

SpeedyGirl
21st January 2006, 15:37
I have finally got wheels :ride: .....so watch out Canterbury, this lady is lethal !!!!!! :bleh:

Silage
21st January 2006, 16:24
Bike looks great Speedygirl. How many ks on it.

I guess you'll be looking forward to a KB ride soon. Woodstock is on next weekend and Hoki's not far.

miSTa
21st January 2006, 16:39
Good one, look forward to seeing you on one of our rides very soon. :rockon:

Rashika
21st January 2006, 16:42
yay girl, glad you did decide to get it :banana:

onearmedbandit
21st January 2006, 16:47
Congrats! Hope to see you out on the roads soon. With weather like this you've got no excuse!

Goblin
21st January 2006, 16:58
this lady is lethal !!!!!! :bleh:
I really hope you don't mean this literally:pinch:

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new found freedom! And PLEASE be careful out there!!:ride:

JWALKER
21st January 2006, 16:59
about time speedy:nya: . it will be good when you come out, you coming on the ride to arthurs pass on the 29th?

dangerous
21st January 2006, 17:04
I have finally got wheels :ride: .....so watch out Canterbury, this lady is lethal !!!!!! :bleh:
sweet VFR700 Intercepter with single seat cowl, awesome bikes had the 750 myself but nothing between them.

With a wee TLC Speedy that bike will scrub up great enjoy the ride

inlinefour
21st January 2006, 17:47
Awesome bike. They tell me the MOT had these bikes, or perhaps the 750? Bet you have been doing some kilometers since picking the bike up. Hopefully we will see you up these ways one day and the naki crew can see just how leathal you truely are. :yes:

LXS
21st January 2006, 19:06
nice one speedygirl, your interceptor an 87?

have fun

Joni
21st January 2006, 19:07
Nice one mate...
You looked good on her today.
Take care and stay safe... lets try not up the "record" of drops :doh:

TonyB
21st January 2006, 19:23
Nice one mate...
You looked good on her today.
Take care and stay safe... lets try not up the "record" of drops :doh:
Well if she got it home without dropping it the "record" is broken.

Anyway, good on ya Speedy! Much respect for getting back on the 'horse'

Colapop
21st January 2006, 19:59
Nope only got abuse for ya!!! Booooo!!!

Really I'm just jealous - enjoy.

MidnightMike
21st January 2006, 20:04
Nice one speedy you ride that old bitch!

thehollowmen
21st January 2006, 20:34
congrats
I'll keep an eye out for it

nadroj
21st January 2006, 20:35
Can't wait to see you up north so we can chase that Purce around a few corners. Enjoy in the mean time & post some bigger pics - just don't dare change that butt profile pic.

zadok
21st January 2006, 20:38
Looks real nice, Liz. What year?

kro
21st January 2006, 20:47
Cherry ride speedy, great machine.

SpeedyGirl
21st January 2006, 22:39
Thanks all..... I have not stopped grinning ALL day.... just got in the door at this late hour :shit: ...... and 1st thing in the morning I will be back out there......:ride:

The old girl can rocket...... not that I have been breaking the speed limit :whistle:

Deviant Esq
21st January 2006, 23:15
Hey Speedy, congrats on the new ride! Glad you're enjoying it, sounds like the grin hasn't left your face all day!

Skyryder
22nd January 2006, 06:39

Back on the saddle. Good one.

Skyryder

inlinefour
22nd January 2006, 09:29
not that I have been breaking the speed limit :whistle:

Is that some sort of Tui advert or something speedy???:laugh:

SpeedyGirl
22nd January 2006, 10:30
Is that some sort of Tui advert or something speedy???:laugh:

:innocent: never........:shake:

thealmightytaco
22nd January 2006, 11:21
Bitchin' old bitch. Still no word on mileage tho I see...

SDU
22nd January 2006, 11:25
Good one Speedy, nice wheels.
Will keep an eye out for ya in the neighbourhood. :drinkup:
SDU

Sparky
22nd January 2006, 11:38
Congrats, great choice of bike:first: Well I would say that wouldn't I?:whistle:

Mental Trousers
22nd January 2006, 13:16
About time Speedy. Now take some leave and sign up for the KB track day :niceone:

SpeedyGirl
22nd January 2006, 16:54
Bitchin' old bitch. Still no word on mileage tho I see...

About 54,000 miles....... :)

dangerous
22nd January 2006, 18:57
Still no word on mileage tho I see...
Great thing about them bikes is milage dosent mater a shit... I had a 750 of the same vinage with over 140,000k on it and the hardening on the cams etc still looked like new:sunny:

emaN
23rd January 2006, 08:50
Nice one Speedy!
Had one of them yrs ago...

Only thing that stopped me riding her was when she got nicked!

Great reliable bike tho' - been 'round most of NZ with her, great memoirs...

SpeedyGirl
23rd January 2006, 09:49
Update: Well I have been riding most of the weekend and have discovered that she is a little loud but with a helmet on and me singing its all good..... apparently she has no problems going 150 (no not me, but a friend took her for a spin) and apparently he was lifting the front wheel a little too.......:not:

Needs a real good touch up, have removed all the god awful stickers but need to know what I can use to rid of the sticky bits left.......????? any ideas??? And what is the best cleaner to use for cleaning the bike???

Anyhoo...am having fun and learning that I still love to ride even after 2 accidents.....:headbang:

Thanks again all for the good wishes:yeah:

crashe
23rd January 2006, 10:26
wohooooooooo good on you getting back out there and having fun..
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

water does work really well in washing and cleaning a bike :rofl:
Oh and toothbrushes get into the really hard to get places on the bike as well.

inlinefour
23rd January 2006, 11:25
Alcohol based wipes/meths etc, just got to be carefull of whats under the sticky stuff paint wise. But if there is wax or silicine spray it should be good. Have some earplugs up here if you need a set, or you can get them from the chemist. I suspect that you'd like the noise though eh? Cleaner? I'm just using standard car cleaner and a big sponge thingee and a chamie to dry the bike off again. Good to hear that your enjoying the bike, you'll be a force to reckon with in a few months on that bike.:scooter:

nadroj
23rd January 2006, 19:10
Try any citrus based cleaner to soften & wipe off any label glue. Car painters also use it to prep paint, remove grease etc before painting. Just repolish after to put a poly coat back on the paint.
Glad you found a suitable bike & hope you enjoy it. May we see you up north in the future ( you never know who you might bump into).

JMemonic
23rd January 2006, 21:35
Try any citrus based cleaner to soften & wipe off any label glue. Car painters also use it to prep paint, remove grease etc before painting. Just repolish after to put a poly coat back on the paint.

Was just about to post to say use citrus based cleaner, if you can find it a bottle of desolve it is really handy to have around and you dont need much. If you are on a real budget, buy a couple of oranges, eat the tasty bit and rub the peel over the adhesive (sounds stupid but it does work).