PDA

View Full Version : Indicator Problems

Sheep Dags
22nd March 2004, 16:45
Hi guys,

My indicator does funny things,
It works normally some of the time but most of the time blinks way too fast. Like it blinks about 10 times a second so realy it looks like nothing's happening. Then sometimes it works fine and blinks once every second like normal. I've noticed when i'm idling it works normally sometimes, then give it some revs and it goes nuts.

anyone had this problem before? can anyone help me?
thanks heaps,
- Mike

wkid_one
22nd March 2004, 17:19
Over blinking usually means you have a missing bulb, loose connection that means one or more than one indicator isn't working, or your bulb's have a different wattage than the specs.

My aftermarket flush mounts used to do the rapid blink thing as they were a different wattage than OEM. Try pulling the wiring loom to pieces for the indicators and putting it back together. You may have a short in the loom somewhere

White trash
22nd March 2004, 17:21
Sounds like a bad earth maybe or a rooted bulb on occasion. Does it only do it one side?

laRIKin
22nd March 2004, 18:22
Sounds like a bad earth maybe or a rooted bulb on occasion. Does it only do it one side?

I agree, bad earth.
I had fun with mine in the week just gone, :shit: rewired mine as I moved my indicators.
I just about had a fire with mine. :o Got my warrent got home and they went all silly and the wires got hot. My fault :doh: to much of a hurry. I'm amazed they went at all. :whistle:

Hitcher
22nd March 2004, 18:31
Yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is...

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 18:31
Hi guys,

My indicator does funny things,
It works normally some of the time but most of the time blinks way too fast. Like it blinks about 10 times a second so realy it looks like nothing's happening. Then sometimes it works fine and blinks once every second like normal. I've noticed when i'm idling it works normally sometimes, then give it some revs and it goes nuts.

anyone had this problem before? can anyone help me?
thanks heaps,
- Mike
I had the same problem, i found that it was a fucked battery, but sounds to me like a loose battery connection or earth (as everyone is saying)

Sheep Dags
22nd March 2004, 20:12
so how could i fix the problem with no earth? where would i find this?

please don't say "you're standing on it"
- Mike

:P

laRIKin
22nd March 2004, 20:34
Has your indicators got two wires or one?

If it has only one, the indicator is earthing throught the body of the indicator.
So check that where it bolts to the frame/guard is clean and tight.

If it has two wires, you will have to trace the wire back to the frame.
Or just look around the frame/motor for wires bolted to it and check that
they are clean and tight.
You should take them off and clean them, with a rub with some fine wet
and dry and reconnect them.

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 20:35
so how could i fix the problem with no earth? where would i find this?

please don't say "you're standing on it"
- Mike

:P
LOL, have you got a manual for it?? its usually a solid black wire and is attached to the frame...