PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Attendence Required 23 April @ Puke

KiwiDan
22nd March 2004, 16:46
<center><b>Puke Bike Only Open Day</b></center>
Ok, a great day had by those who attended, many couldnt because of work so lets have another go at it, everyone tell their boss tomorrow they ARE having the <b>23<sup>rd</sup> of April</b> off for personal reasons. I will take my digital camera again and blast away with the stills and no doubt kiwistorm will have an upgraded video camera set up as well.
YOU MUST ATTEND NO EXCUSES. :angry2:
Lets get this thing rolling like never before. :scooter:

Motoracer
22nd March 2004, 16:51
I am comming for sure man. There's no way that I am going to miss the GSXR get together lol

White trash
22nd March 2004, 16:54
I'm coming all the way from Wellington.

Who wants to pick me up halfway up the desert road? :crazy:

Just kidding, MR.

Motoracer
22nd March 2004, 17:02
Yea I'll come but it'll be your turn to get a soar arse from the pillion seat.

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 17:17
Definately in, applying for leave tomoro..., if that fails im just not going to turn up to work.........:laugh:

Hey you guys on CBR's ZXR's and RG150's come along so i can have some more fun and not get blitzed down the back straight by everything....

White trash
22nd March 2004, 17:18
Don't worry TS. We'll do a couple of laps in second gear for ya.

Shade
22nd March 2004, 17:54
I'll definatley come, whether or not I ride depends on if my bikes fixed or not. Will be good to have a look anyway :)

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 18:16
Don't worry TS. We'll do a couple of laps in second gear for ya.
Cheers White Trash, that means that i might stay infront of people :eek5: along the straights LOL

Racey Rider
22nd March 2004, 18:51
Is this one REALLY gon'a be bikes only? :bs:

The last one I went to in Jan 04, was suppost to be bikes only. I traveled all the way up from New Plymouth, to find they changed their minds. Cars too sorry. :moon:
(Actually, not even a sorry!). :weep: <_< :baby:

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 18:55
Is this one REALLY gon'a be bikes only? :bs:

The last one I went to in Jan 04, was suppost to be bikes only. I traveled all the way up from New Plymouth, to find they changed their minds. Cars too sorry. :moon:
(Actually, not even a sorry!). :weep: <_< :baby:

Well im sure if we get heaps of bikes up, they won't be able to get cars onto the track......

yessum
22nd March 2004, 19:49
I would be keen if my bike is in a state of repair... could someone run through any existing bike requirements?
I mean things like coolant in the radiator, lockwiring, lights/mirrors etc.
Anything of that sort? Or just so long as it doesn't fall to bits in front of someone on the back straight..?

KiwiDan
22nd March 2004, 20:08
I would be keen if my bike is in a state of repair... could someone run through any existing bike requirements?
I mean things like coolant in the radiator, lockwiring, lights/mirrors etc.
Anything of that sort? Or just so long as it doesn't fall to bits in front of someone on the back straight..?

No such requirements, its a relaxed day of riding and conversation.
just turn up !!!!!!

Kwaka-Kid
22nd March 2004, 21:11
right, ill try my best, unfortuantly leave is clsoed for paril as of a week ago for me :( but ill check the roster when its out and just turn up anyway :) yay cant wait, i just turn up for the blah-blahing :) unless more 250's/150's turn up, then i might be able to keep on 'em and have some fun! :S

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 21:14
right, ill try my best, unfortuantly leave is clsoed for paril as of a week ago for me :( but ill check the roster when its out and just turn up anyway :) yay cant wait, i just turn up for the blah-blahing :) unless more 250's/150's turn up, then i might be able to keep on 'em and have some fun! :S
Well im coming KK, so thts final you have to come lol Common 250 and 150 people, come along!!!!!

Steen
22nd March 2004, 21:37
Ill almost definately be there I don't work Fridays just as keen to meet & talk bikes as get on the track

kiwistorm
23rd March 2004, 08:46
I'm in. :yes:

Looks like it could be a good event!

I am looking at upgrading the mini camera for more quaility and want to get much more video footage.

If anyone has friends with digital video cameras who could come down, it would be good to get more track and corner shots to compile something even better.

Could pay to confirm that it is bikes only and that the track is free of dirt mounds, tractors and mini oil this time. :sneaky2:

celticyankee
23rd March 2004, 11:10
I'd love to take the bike up for the ride, but I don't fancy meself racing round the track....soooo, can I come just to watch and perhaps meet some of you?

Anyone from the Hamilton area going that I could ride up with?

Safe Journeys y'all

White trash
23rd March 2004, 11:17
I'd love to take the bike up for the ride, but I don't fancy meself racing round the track....soooo, can I come just to watch and perhaps meet some of you?

Anyone from the Hamilton area going that I could ride up with?

Safe Journeys y'all

I thought me and a few mates might stop off in Hamilton on the Thurs night.

You're more than welcome to ride up with us Friday morning.

celticyankee
23rd March 2004, 12:49
sounds good.........do y'all need a place to stay in Hamilton?

We have a locked garage for the bikes and a spare couch and air matress if you need a place to stay.

White trash
23rd March 2004, 16:56
sounds good.........do y'all need a place to stay in Hamilton?

We have a locked garage for the bikes and a spare couch and air matress if you need a place to stay.

Really appreciate the offer, Celtic' but I'm currently e-mailing all my club members and hope to have around 10 companions for the ride.

Any recomendations for good back packers would be cool though!

celticyankee
24th March 2004, 14:51
No worries, wanted to at least offer........I could get you a list of a few local backpackers places but I couldn't vouch for them, never stayed at a BP place myself.

Two Smoker
24th March 2004, 16:42
Im bringing 2 digital cameras and spectators to film it... :Oi:Still waiting for 150 and 250 riders to say they are coming.....

Motoracer
24th March 2004, 16:48
Sweet TS! If I wasn't selling the TZR, I would have definetly brought that along as well.

Two Smoker
24th March 2004, 16:53
Sweet TS! If I wasn't selling the TZR, I would have definetly brought that along as well.
Mate ill be a real happy chappy just to see your mint gixxer on the track (most likely passing me ....... like everyone else:brick: .......)

Posh Tourer :P
24th March 2004, 20:30
Dont worry TS, I'm considering coming along, not to cane the bike but maybe a spin.... certainly give you someone to pass..... Anyone else want to come along on a slow bike? we can take over the track for a few laps while all these fast guys are taking a breather, and max out the entire way round...

Wonko
24th March 2004, 23:07
For the inexperianced(like me) can someone give a run down of how things happen on track days.
Things like
Costs and what we get for it(number of laps)
How a day is run
Saftey gear needed
Any mod's need for street bikes to ride the circut
Start and end time
Insurance issues(or who pays if someone knocks you over)
anything else I can't think of.

Seriously thinking about it

Kwaka-Kid
25th March 2004, 01:17
Turn up with just some safe-looking gear(id suggest leathers 1 or 2 piece), boots, gloves and a helmet (they are not picky on scratches/garks) pay a man $80 cash and you get around 8 odd chances to go out for 20 odd mins, and trust me thats way more then enough. if someone knocks you over, too bad, you repair ur bike etc, no insurence at all and everyone pays there own. Start time is 9:30am? and end time around 4:30am, its pretty relaxed so im out there around 8:30am usually.
Nope nothing else really, cept that im going down for this one and have an easy spare space in the back of the van for another bike? anybody? - if not its certainly reserved for anyone who may ride down and end up with a bike not as ridable for the trip back. Anyway Posh Tourer i think my old man is keen for 1 or 2 sessions to take a punt around on my 400 - hes much faster then me (heh not saying much) but hopefully a bike hes never been on + being a small bike and modern he might want to pace slowly?. and FF you best turnup to pickup that ride i owe ya on the old girl, finally.

LB
25th March 2004, 06:09
You guys probably already know this, but it's the Post Classic meeting at Puke on the 24th, so you may well get quite a few P/C guys practicing too (they probably normally wouldn't be there?) That's the reason I'm coming up, as I have several mates who race Post Classics.

I might even take the Thursday off and ride up, if it's good weather.

Firefight
25th March 2004, 08:58
You guys probably already know this, but it's the Post Classic meeting at Puke on the 24th, so you may well get quite a few P/C guys practicing too (they probably normally wouldn't be there?) That's the reason I'm coming up, as I have several mates who race Post Classics.

Hey Lynda, Ia'm working that weekend, but off Thursday Friday, if you and Hamish want some co, I would be keen to ride down and meet up with you, may even be able to convince Physics Boy (akaAndrew) to join me.

We perfer back roads, be happy to meet anywere central north island, what do you think ??

Firefight :crazy:

Coldkiwi
25th March 2004, 13:16
well the more bikes the merrier because if we have enough the cars have to go home! :)

Two Smoker
25th March 2004, 16:02

I like post classics, ill make my Uncle Jim come on his TZ350 race bike hehehe.. Hey KK, ill follow your van down to puke if that's ok with you???

Wonko no mods required..

Coldkiwi
25th March 2004, 17:48
For the inexperianced(like me) can someone give a run down of how things happen on track days.
Things like
Costs and what we get for it(number of laps)
How a day is run
Saftey gear needed
Any mod's need for street bikes to ride the circut
Start and end time
Insurance issues(or who pays if someone knocks you over)
anything else I can't think of.

Seriously thinking about it

what KK said.. although no ones on the track/revving engines before 10am (local bylaw rules designed to let the neighbours sleep in).
As for safety gear, buy/borrow the best you can. the spacier it looks and stiffer/heavier it is, generally the better it will protect you! also worth buying some ear plugs if you don't normally use them because it can get damn noisy (and tiring) listening to that wind rip past your lid all day.

Racey Rider
25th March 2004, 19:20
well the more bikes the merrier because if we have enough the cars have to go home! :)

How many is enough???

Is that what "Bikes Only" means!

Bikes only,,, but only if there's "enough"!

If I was a car racer there to practice and then suddenly was told to go home, cause we now have enough bikes, I'ld be brassed off! (That means "Rather annoyed", for those of you not used to such "Polite language").

What kind of show are they running up there!?!

Or is someone just makeing this "Bikes Only" thing up?

If I turn up to find cars on the track again, I'll be asking for half price admission!!! :done:

Motu
25th March 2004, 20:52

Post Classics are always on my agenda,I'll bring the Honda so you can tell Brian it still goes.

Kwaka-Kid
26th March 2004, 01:24
Two smoker if you sort yourself out in time and its a good thing to learn anyway, strip your bike down and ill come pick it up, ive never taken a bike with indicators etc on to the track, even when i took my street bikes the day before id take off all indicators, brakelight, headlight (or just tape it up) change panels if a second set were available, and put the worst tyres on the bike so i dont ruin a good set! (haha kidding about that last one, i never had any good sets!) oh and its a good excuse to change the oil and go around torqueing up all the odd bolts on your frame, but the trick is to not be like me, and when u find the stripped ones dont just leave em in there! heli-coil the damn things! I've learnt so much over the past few years :) and my bikes looking GREAT in yellow with its black number boards! :D

Wonko
26th March 2004, 18:30
Sounds like a goer, just have to hear back from the insurance company about what their going to do about my bike and if they fix it up, or I can get it back cheaply, I'll be there.

I might have to beg, steal or borrow a pair of decent leather pants.

Two Smoker
26th March 2004, 18:42
Hey KK, can you keep that space in your van for me please :niceone: ill do what you said and strip it down, i think my tyres can last about 2 more track days...

Racey Rider
27th March 2004, 08:36
'Twas thinking yesterday that if we had 10 or more KB'ers at a track day, we should be in a good poistion to get a Bulk Discount. $10 each off wouldn't go amiss. If we signed on as a group, all showing our Kiwi Biker sticker or something,
In essence, we are doing Free advertiseing for the track. We are creating a buzz, a "keeness" for bikers to get there. Because of Us, more bikes will be there. Thats got to be worth something to the Puke mangagement.
Or maybe they could make a $100 sponsorship to the KB web site. I guess that would be tax deductible for them.

Just thinking outside the tyre!
(is that allowed???)

Racey. :ride:

Shawn
30th March 2004, 03:08
hey other 150 / 250 riders,
im planning to come on with my ZZR250...as long as no one makes fun of my riding :rolleyes: ...any1 from CDB area or somewhere close by that i can ride along??...please leme know....also how can i tape or take off all the lights when I have to ride it there?? Anyway this is gonna be my first track day...r they gonna kick me out if I don’t have pair of gloves...i don't have any and for some wired reason if I wear gloves I can't control my bike too good as I don't feel comfortable on’em at all?...is it coz i never rode with gloves on? also what are the chances of me falling off?...coz right now im totally broke and won't be able to fix it if i do fall off!! :sweatdrop
Shawn

White trash
30th March 2004, 07:33
im planning to come on with my ZZR250...as long as no one makes fun of my riding :rolleyes: ...any1 from CDB area or somewhere close by that i can ride along??...please leme know....also how can i tape or take off all the lights when I have to ride it there?? Anyway this is gonna be my first track day...r they gonna kick me out if I don’t have pair of gloves...i don't have any and for some wired reason if I wear gloves I can't control my bike too good as I don't feel comfortable on’em at all?...is it coz i never rode with gloves on? also what are the chances of me falling off?...coz right now im totally broke and won't be able to fix it if i do fall off!! :sweatdrop
Shawn

Shawn.

I'll see you there with a spare set of gloves. What size hands have you got?
Tape your light's up when you get to the track.

And I promise, no one will be laughing at your riding. They'll be to busy laughing at my botched wheelie attempts! :doh:

Kwaka-Kid
30th March 2004, 17:13
hey dude, i have a few spares sets too, and yeah i love thin gloves as i have the same problemo- that and i get used to one favourite pair, trust me its not worth going out there without a set.

White trash
30th March 2004, 17:21
Shit no! No gloves, no ride.

Motoracer
30th March 2004, 17:34
If you are not sure what gloves are really for, reffer to this thread. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2422

Two Smoker
30th March 2004, 17:46
Buy some gloves now full stop.... Will only cost you about $40 for some thin ones, but think about it...... $40....... or not being able to use your hands for the rest off your life?????? If your doing 150-160 on the back straight and your brakes fail before the hairpin, your hands will literally disintergrate....

Coldkiwi
30th March 2004, 18:09
Shawn

1) if you have a ZX6RR.. why in hell don't you bring that to Puke!? (or is that a dream bike?)
2)re, lights: just bring a roll of electrical tape with you and do it before you go out, takes only a few minutes
3) if you don't usually wear gloves its not too surprising you don't like them. But can I say I think you're mad? Buy some (even thin summer ones) and get used to them if you're really bothered by it. Even if you don't crash (at which point you'll be happy to wear a metal gauntlet with with welding gloves underneath) getting hit by a bug or flicked up stone on the fingers at 150kmhr plus can really hurt even with gloves on and I'd hate to see the aftermath of a stone vs bare finger at that speed.
4) gloves keep hands warm and give you feeling. by the time april rolls around, you will be able to freeze your hands in pretty short order by doing pukekohe type speeds and you run a serious risk of not being able to properly apply the brakes when your fingers start to cramp (not a good look 150m out from the hairpin)

Drunken Monkey
31st March 2004, 09:12
'Twas thinking yesterday that if we had 10 or more KB'ers at a track day, we should be in a good poistion to get a Bulk Discount. $10 each off wouldn't go amiss. If we signed on as a group, all showing our Kiwi Biker sticker or something,
In essence, we are doing Free advertiseing for the track. We are creating a buzz, a "keeness" for bikers to get there. Because of Us, more bikes will be there. Thats got to be worth something to the Puke mangagement.
Or maybe they could make a $100 sponsorship to the KB web site. I guess that would be tax deductible for them.

Just thinking outside the tyre!
(is that allowed???)

Racey. :ride:

The track generally doesn't _need_ advertising for controlled testing days - there are usually enough club racers there for them to 'break even' ($80 x 15 = $1200). We might be able to get a discount if there's enough of us over this number however I wouldn't bank on it.
Yes this means if we want to arrange our own KB only day, it will cost the group $1200, regardless of how many of us turn up. This covers the track rental, 'marshal' and St Johns costs.
For those that are interested in running the strip at Meremere, it's $1000. This would effectively give 20 people at $50 ea as many runs as they wanted (easily more than 30 runs!) for the day. Compare with nightspeed for $25 you would get maybe 2-4 practice runs and about 1-4 races depending on how well you raced and how early you got there. (Drag racing well/consistently is more difficult than you think, and is worth the practice).

White trash
31st March 2004, 09:16
The track generally doesn't _need_ advertising for controlled testing days - there are usually enough club racers there for them to 'break even' ($80 x 15 = $1200). We might be able to get a discount if there's enough of us over this number however I wouldn't bank on it.
Yes this means if we want to arrange our own KB only day, it will cost the group $1200, regardless of how many of us turn up. This covers the track rental, 'marshal' and St Johns costs.
For those that are interested in running the strip at Meremere, it's $1000. This would effectively give 20 people at $50 ea as many runs as they wanted (easily more than 30 runs!) for the day. Compare with nightspeed for $25 you would get maybe 2-4 practice runs and about 1-4 races depending on how well you raced and how early you got there. (Drag racing well/consistently is more difficult than you think, and is worth the practice).

It's also fucken tough on clutch plates!

Shawn
31st March 2004, 16:39
Thanks guys….oh!! my god….have you guys seen the pics of that guy in the other forum?? I signed up just to see them pics..... Man, no1 deserves that. Right after I’ve seen’em, I went straight to MotoMail and got myself a pair of thin gloves. They gonna be on me from now on every time im riding. My main prob is I have prob controlling the throttle with gloves on as I can’t fell it enough under my palm. Hope it will go away soon…

and yep ZXRR is my dream bike which Im getiing before next summer.
Shawn

babyB
2nd April 2004, 22:39
hay guys..well i is gonna try hard to get there. :doobey: havent been to 1 before, but hay ive moved way closer now so look out :bleh: :eyepoke:

Kwaka-Kid
3rd April 2004, 00:09
hay guys..well i is gonna try hard to get there. :doobey: havent been to 1 before, but hay ive moved way closer now so look out :bleh: :eyepoke:
ohhh really BabyB? mind hinting an area! thats great, goon on yah for coming closer to the big smoke :D :devil2:

davie
4th April 2004, 18:34
Hi guys and gals,
I and 2 other riders will be up for the 23rd of April.

p.s At $80 a day thats got to be a bargain compared to £130 (four years ago) i was paying for a track day in the UK :bleh:

Coldkiwi
7th April 2004, 12:55
well, hope you all have a damn good time without me :(
done a financial check and the words 'not friggen likely' were uttered. (besides, if I do screw up, I REALLY don't want to be going on my honeymoon in a cast!) I'll just have to hang on till after June.

Well, MR at least you can get some lap times in on the new bike and show WT how to ride :). You'll be really hustling by the time we next get out there. Can't wait! (P.s if ya want to borrow the fairings, PM me.)

White trash
7th April 2004, 13:06
well, hope you all have a damn good time without me :(
done a financial check and the words 'not friggen likely' were uttered. (besides, if I do screw up, I REALLY don't want to be going on my honeymoon in a cast!) I'll just have to hang on till after June.

Well, MR at least you can get some lap times in on the new bike and show WT how to ride :). You'll be really hustling by the time we next get out there. Can't wait! (P.s if ya want to borrow the fairings, PM me.)

Bugger it! I was looking forward to meeting ya! Ah well, at least it's one less 600 to hose me off.

Just have to try and keep up with that pesky Motoracer now :msn-wink:

Motoracer
7th April 2004, 13:09
Oh man... would've been good to have you out there on the track but I guess I fully understand. Congrats again and we'll see you when you get back. Hopefully you won't loose any speed since your a family man now hehe (just teasing).

Thoes Welly riders seem pretty mad, I won't be surprised if they leave shockwaves as they zoom past me. We'll find out soon enough on the 23rd anyway. I already got race fairings but thank you for the offer.

Ciao

White trash
7th April 2004, 13:12
Thoes Welly riders seem pretty mad,

Ciao

How the fuck do you know? :rolleyes:

Safe as houses mate :niceone:

Morepower
7th April 2004, 22:18
I will do my best to be there , Went to Taupo a few weeks back and had ablast until an electrical problem sidelined me . May trailer the bike , its a long way to ring the wife and ask her to come get me :)
Dave

Motoracer
7th April 2004, 22:38
How the fuck do you know? :rolleyes:

Safe as houses mate :niceone:

Oh.. I don't know, it must have been all the posts that I have read of you and Jimbo. :kick:

White trash
8th April 2004, 11:20
Yahoo! Fifteen sleeps to go! :Punk:

Then it's Honda hunting time :ar15: eh, Deano?

Coldkiwi
8th April 2004, 12:54
of course, I'm relying on MR to keep the pride of Auckland gixxer riders in tact. I know kiwidan and kiwistorm would be tearing past the lot of us but it'll be good to see how you guys go out there :)

White trash
8th April 2004, 13:15
of course, I'm relying on MR to keep the pride of Auckland gixxer riders in tact. I know kiwidan and kiwistorm would be tearing past the lot of us but it'll be good to see how you guys go out there :)

Us guys?

I think at the moment I'm the only definite Wellingtonian there! I'll just have to go twice as fast ;)

Motoracer
8th April 2004, 14:44
Ok fun and games aside. I am just going there on the 23rd to learn what my bike can do. I will try to eliminate my ego and take it one step at a time.

Once I get the hang off it, then I'll see who to compete with there.

Two Smoker
8th April 2004, 19:36
I hope like fuck my bike is ready :argh: ..... ive got my leave (im pretty sure i do) so it wont be any use unless i get my bike ready...... damn only 2 weeks left to get it fixed..... maybe ill have to slip some $$$ under the table to the mechanics...... :whistle:

FROSTY
9th April 2004, 03:50
looks like I might be there --woohoo --its been a few years since i went round a racetrack

Kwaka-Kid
9th April 2004, 17:57
I hope like fuck my bike is ready :argh: ..... ive got my leave (im pretty sure i do) so it wont be any use unless i get my bike ready...... damn only 2 weeks left to get it fixed..... maybe ill have to slip some $$$ under the table to the mechanics...... :whistle:
There are Bike Mechanics in NZ?! ohh yeah, just that i wouldnt trust one of them with all the crap from every place around that ive heard of! make sure you give the bike a checkover before you take it out dude! I aught to be there with some trials on racing rearsets, gauze airfilter, modded top airbox box. -hey its doubtful it will work well at al considering im never taking my bike anywhere near a dyno but still all im going there on the 23rd for is to stop getting any more flack about not turning up the last time, and to let the old boy ride my bike, and a few other people i think i owe rides to too, then just take it out a few times myself to test what stupid mods i do work/do. cheers.

wkid_one
9th April 2004, 18:34
I may be there too if all my ducks form a nice row!!!! Fingers crossed and knuckles skinned.

KiwiDan
11th April 2004, 12:22
Be good to see you there, thought you didnt have a scooter anymore, or are you in the process of getting back on two wheels????

wkid_one
11th April 2004, 12:28
Be good to see you there, thought you didnt have a scooter anymore, or are you in the process of getting back on two wheels????Nah I don't have a road scoot any more.....however.........wait and see (provided my mechanical skills match my enthusiasm)

I have your XP disk too which I found the other day at my parents....tried emailing but may have the wrong addy. Wot is the postal address (I forgot) - I will send it up.

FROSTY
11th April 2004, 23:32
dude --Get some bloody gloves. I;m hoping to be there -ill show you the scars on my hands from an off on pukie. I'll bring along some of my old race gloves for ya

Drunken Monkey
15th April 2004, 16:51
My Gixxer's gearbox appears to have shit itself. I have left it in White Trash's capable hands, but it may not be ready in time for track day. If worse comes to worse, I'll play the official photographer and timekeeper role...

White trash
15th April 2004, 17:05
You obviously got home ok. Didn't bust up any airplane gearboxs or anything?

I'm working on having your machine sorted ASAP. If I can, I'll come up in a van next weekend with both our bikes, if not, you can bust out some wheelies on mine, no probs. :niceone:

Two Smoker
15th April 2004, 22:06
Well i went to Colemans today and they said my bike will definately be ready by the 23rd :niceone: now i just need to get it all painted by then........

Now heres hoping the weather is good.......

Kwaka-Kid
15th April 2004, 23:55
haha yeah two smoker! i never thought of the weather.. well i must say im fairly relaxed about hte whole day and only plan on going out a couple of times, so meh, if it rains! bah.. wasnt planning on going hard anyways, just keep modding around with stuff and trying out diff mods to bike as the day progesses, this must be about the most relaxed ive been before any sort of track appearance, not bad... its great actually. Though i cant wait to see how some other KB'ers do and wouldnt mind timekeeping or taking pics for people during the day neither... and Monkey, HOWD U BLOW A GEARBOX on a 2000 model bike? like its not like you can have many K's on such a new bike is it? do you think we should all be worried and they will be in ten years one of those "ohh no, dont touch that model, they had the crap box in em!" or have you been being very nasty to the machine?

BigB
16th April 2004, 13:16
Have managed to get half the day of so will see you guys at about 1.00pm. Will bring new SLR camera to take some pictures.

Will be good to catch up.

cheers

Zed
16th April 2004, 15:11
My Gixxer's gearbox appears to have shit itself. I have left it in White Trash's capable hands, but it may not be ready in time for track day. If worse comes to worse, I'll play the official photographer and timekeeper role...
Sorry to hear about that DM- car/bike troubles are one of my pet hates! :angry2:

Zed

Coldkiwi
16th April 2004, 15:25
My Gixxer's gearbox appears to have sh*t itself. I have left it in White Trash's capable hands, but it may not be ready in time for track day. If worse comes to worse, I'll play the official photographer and timekeeper role...

now.. did it crap itself before or AFTER white trash got his grubby mitts on it?

White trash
16th April 2004, 15:39
now.. did it crap itself before or AFTER white trash got his grubby mitts on it?
:confused: Moi? I look after and care for my bikes better than my kids.

That reminds me, gotta pick the kids up from the McDonalds playground after work. :crazy:

Coldkiwi
16th April 2004, 17:16
roflmao!

dodgy wellingtonians...

Two Smoker
16th April 2004, 17:33
:confused: Moi? I look after and care for my bikes better than my kids.

That reminds me, gotta pick the kids up from the McDonalds playground after work. :crazy:
Mc Donalds playground aye???? the new daycare centre hehehe:msn-wink: :lol:

babyB
18th April 2004, 05:39
ohhh really BabyB? mind hinting an area! thats great, goon on yah for coming closer to the big smoke :D :devil2:
:lol: i am in the big smoke

Zed
20th April 2004, 23:54
Only 2 1/2 days to go- are there any West Aucklanders going who would like to ride down to the track together? Say meet at the Shell Service Station at Westgate (I'm flexible on the meeting place) at 9.15am sharp Friday morning?

Any takers or am I a lone westy rider? :banana:

Zed

FROSTY
20th April 2004, 23:58
:lol: i am in the big smoke
you are?? what area you moved to?

Drunken Monkey
21st April 2004, 09:08
Hey White Trash, what's the deal with my bike?!

babyB
21st April 2004, 09:59
you are?? what area you moved to?
:doobey: west aucks. :laugh: close enough for u to be my machanic :bleh:

21st April 2004, 10:25
Only 2 1/2 days to go- are there any West Aucklanders going who would like to ride down to the track together? Say meet at the Shell Service Station at Westgate (I'm flexible on the meeting place) at 9.15am sharp Friday morning?

Any takers or am I a lone westy rider? :banana:

Zed

Westgate is a little too north of west for me.... I'm not westie anyway, but anyone want to meet in hillsborough to ride down?? :P

Motoracer
21st April 2004, 11:39
Well, looks like we might have ourselves a wet one. I really wish I had something better than ex-race super corsas on but oh well, no backing out now.

You guys still comeing if it pisses down?

750Y
21st April 2004, 12:24
Well, looks like we might have ourselves a wet one. You guys still coming if it pisses down?

LOL, this'll be interesting.

KiwiDan, I got a one piece wet weather suit if You need it. let me know.

Puke has it's own little weather bubble going on so don't panic.
the v8 supercars should see to it that the line is dry-ish.

White trash
21st April 2004, 12:32
I'm fucken comin'!

Rain, hail, snow. It's all the same for doin' wheelies.

D/M. Sorry bro, it wont be ready. Thats some ebnt gear box bits. The motor wasn't even in straight! it's gonna be like a new bike when you get it back though.

I'm off. See you fools Friday! :yeah:

Zed
21st April 2004, 13:22
Well, looks like we might have ourselves a wet one. I really wish I had something better than ex-race super corsas on but oh well, no backing out now.

You guys still comeing if it pisses down?What are you on about?? :bash:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=230 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=230 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectionheadings bgColor=#000066>Auckland Weather</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=230 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=75>Wednesday</TD><TD width=90>A few showers</TD><TD align=middle width=35>19°</TD><TD align=middle width=35>14°</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=75>UV Rating</TD><TD width=155 colSpan=3>Not available</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=75>Thursday</TD><TD width=90>Fine</TD><TD align=middle width=35>20°</TD><TD align=middle width=35>12°</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=75>Friday</TD><TD width=90>Fine</TD><TD align=middle width=35>19°</TD><TD align=middle width=35>12°</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=75>Saturday</TD><TD width=90>Fine</TD><TD align=middle width=35>19°</TD><TD align=middle width=35>13°</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/images/trans1x1.gif</TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD colSpan=4>Updated Wednesday 21 Apr 12:00AM </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/images/trans1x1.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Today's NZ Herald report.
Where did u get your info from MR, Nepal? :lol:

Zed

Motoracer
21st April 2004, 13:43
I work in the travel industry and my computer program that is desgined to give me info about everywhere around the world says there is showers predicted for Auckland on Friday. I also checked out a weather site on the net and it says the same thing as well. However, Pukekohe is basically northern Waikato so it might have a different weather from Auckland alltogether.

By all means I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Motoracer
21st April 2004, 13:45
What are you on about?? :bash:

Today's NZ Herald report.
Where did u get your info from MR, Nepal? :lol:

Zed

See you on the track, funny man. :moon:

Zed
21st April 2004, 14:15
See you on the track, funny man. :moon:
Will be seeing ya! :banana:

aff-man
21st April 2004, 14:57
hey this thing goes all day cause i got tech on friday but can get out there for a bit of a watch at about 2ish

wkid_one
21st April 2004, 17:22
Here is MetVUW forecast for Friday

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/rain-nz-J.gif

21st April 2004, 18:11
So to interpret that, in the middle of a high, some very light westerlies if anything, and could be high cloud or fine.. At a worst case scenario we might get some light drizzle, but highly unlikely.... I take it those coloured bits are cloud anyway?
Edit: oops rainfall... I see... so it will be fine then... read the damn post before babbling away trying to sound knowledgeable

Two Smoker
21st April 2004, 18:27
Well im sorry guys but it looks like i wont have my bike ready :no: :weep: The guy fixing the radiator is ringing me tomoro and it is all dependant on that..... If it is ready by friday morning, i will race it, but if it is not, i will still come along just for the day and too meet some people :niceone: Hey PT can i pillion with you, it will be funny looking with me in full leathers pillioning.....hehehehe

Motoracer
21st April 2004, 20:06
it will be funny looking with me in full leathers pillioning.....hehehehe

Thats what you should be doing anyway

Andrew
21st April 2004, 21:30
Pukekohe is basically northern Waikato so it might have a different weather from Auckland alltogether.

What sort of fool would tell you Pukekohe is in Northern Waikato?? Guess that means I live in Southern Whangarei!!

Zed
21st April 2004, 21:53
What sort of fool would tell you Pukekohe is in Northern Waikato?? Guess that means I live in Southern Whangarei!!
While you're bleating Andrew- where exactly is Southern Rodney District??

Andrew
21st April 2004, 22:40
While you're bleating Andrew- where exactly is Southern Rodney District??
well ummmm, yea.
About this far on the map north of the Harbour Bridge |<----------->|
Don't confuese me, geography isn't my strong point, just ask CK!! ;)
My Mummy told me that I live in Southern Rodney district and thats how it is!!

kiwistorm
22nd April 2004, 07:57
OK Guys - Thunderbirds are go!!!!

Plans are to meet at 9.30am at the BP / Autobarn on the Southern Motorway.

Hope to see you all there or at the track! :ride:

Kwaka-Kid
22nd April 2004, 08:14
ill be bringing out the van sorry so that kinda rules me out.

22nd April 2004, 09:33
Will be there.... maybe with TS on the back if his bike isnt ready....Do you think he'll look like a try-hard pillioning in onepiece leathers complete with knee sliders on the old beemer with me in cruddy old gear - note to self: buy some decent pants -

Zed
22nd April 2004, 10:01
OK Guys - Thunderbirds are go!!!!

Plans are to meet at 9.30am at the BP / Autobarn on the Southern Motorway.

Hope to see you all there or at the track! :ride:Sounds good- I'll be there for breakfast (since the other Westys have piked out meeting up first out west) :sneaky2:

Man I hope tomorrow's weather is a duplicate of today's pearler! :rolleyes:

Zed

magnum
22nd April 2004, 10:03
yeehar,got my brakes sorted so im coming up.im new on this site so dont be shy ill be the one on the green zx6r99 with the green mohawk on the black shoie.look foward to talking with you all.steve.

Zed
22nd April 2004, 10:06
Will be there.... maybe with TS on the back if his bike isnt ready....
I'm heading down to Autobahn, Papakura leaving Hobsonville at 8.45am tomorrow, so previous plans to meet up out West have changed...:thud:

Zed

Zed
22nd April 2004, 10:10
yeehar,got my brakes sorted so im coming up.im new on this site so dont be shy ill be the one on the green zx6r99 with the green mohawk on the black shoie.look foward to talking with you all.steve.
Will be good to meet you steve. I nearly bought a green 2k ZX-6R recently, waz a choice between that and my 2k CBR- CBR won! (don't know about winning on the track though?) :sick:

Zed

Motoracer
22nd April 2004, 15:55
Just checked the bank account and :thud:

Seems like I can BARELY afford to come out to Pukie. Might even keep my revs below 8000 revs on the back straight to save some fule... Ok, so maybe thats not likely to happen but I definetly can't afford to be out riding after the track day for that and the following weekend.

Wonko
22nd April 2004, 18:32
*sniff*

Damn clients can't take subtile hints to delay until next week. tried, but he wouldn't budge from Friday.

Have a great day guys, take lots of pics for us hard workers

SPman
22nd April 2004, 18:39
Just checked the bank account and :thud:
Seems like I can BARELY afford to come out to Pukie. Might even keep my revs below 8000 revs on the back straight to save some fule... Ok, so maybe thats not likely to happen but I definetly can't afford to be out riding after the track day for that and the following weekend.
Aaah. You have a bank account like mine at the moment http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_123.gif

Will try and get out there on POS after dropping off work van at panelbeaters

FROSTY
22nd April 2004, 19:03
woohoo Im gonna be there. Dang I feel like a young kid again.
Ok I have lid back protector boots gloves leathers --what have I forgotten---oh yea shit---the bike

Two Smoker
22nd April 2004, 21:10
Thats what you should be doing anyway
I could also wear my cordura jacket and draggin jeans..... :niceone:

WELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been to and from Colemans everyday for the past week (i think they got the hint i wanted the bike by friday) and its going to be ready:rolleyes: one problem, i have to pick it up, put the race fairings on, then scrub in the new front tyre:eek5: I should be there by midday :cool: My bike has changed colour again and it is now all black :niceone: see you guys there :niceone:

Zed
22nd April 2004, 21:21
I could also wear my cordura jacket and draggin jeans..... :niceone:

WELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been to and from Colemans everyday for the past week (i think they got the hint i wanted the bike by friday) and its going to be ready:rolleyes: one problem, i have to pick it up, put the race fairings on, then scrub in the new front tyre:eek5: I should be there by midday :cool: My bike has changed colour again and it is now all black :niceone: see you guys there :niceone:
Good to hear TS. No doubt you'll be getting up early in the morning!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_11_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Two Smoker
22nd April 2004, 21:27
Good to hear TS. No doubt you'll be getting up early in the morning!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_11_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)
Yep definately will, i need to get some more two stroke oil and hopefully my bike will be ready by 10am (fingers crossed) Good old Posh Tourer is going to pillion me into Colemans :niceone: so i can pick it up, i will be bringing a digi cam too :niceone:

RiderInBlack
22nd April 2004, 21:30
Will be getting up early tomorrow (about 6am). Want to get new tyres from Leading Edge before heading to the track. Hope the 60+Km from there to Puke might be enough to scaff the tyres in (might use a bit of sand paper on the edges but:msn-wink: )! Bank balance is fucked anyway ("I see red, I see red, I see red:whistle: ), but that's what the VISA is for:whocares: Should be a good day. Watch out for me being a Nana on some of those corners but:Pokey:

Looking forward to seeing you on the track again TS:niceone:

Two Smoker
22nd April 2004, 21:32
Likewise RIB :niceone: ill be taking it easy for the first few laps, but knowing my self restraint i wont last that long..... im going to be doing the sand paper trick as well :niceone: hehehehe

Drunken Monkey
22nd April 2004, 22:05
I'm fucken comin'!

Rain, hail, snow. It's all the same for doin' wheelies.

D/M. Sorry bro, it wont be ready. Thats some bent gear box bits. The motor wasn't even in straight! it's gonna be like a new bike when you get it back though.

I'm off. See you fools Friday! :yeah:

*throws hands up in despair* :cry:
Guess that explains the death rattle it was making first as well... :bash:

With all the work I've got on, I'm probably not going to take the day off.

If anyone is keen to share the day's stories over a few beers afterwards, PM or TXT me!
O21 556 OO8

:( :cry:

Shawn
23rd April 2004, 03:18
im coming, not my bike though...lol..it's getting fixed...but i still wanna be there with my cam...which gate do i have to go to??...umm...have i just asked a dumb ques?? :wacko:

6Chris6
23rd April 2004, 06:30
Looks like the weather is goin to be great for ya.
Don't forget that us sad-arses that can't get the time off work want detailed reports with piccies!
:Playnice: :scooter: :Punk:

Zed
23rd April 2004, 06:31
im coming, not my bike though...lol..it's getting fixed...but i still wanna be there with my cam...which gate do i have to go to??...umm...have i just asked a dumb ques?? :wacko:
Most southern entrance dude.

Two Smoker
23rd April 2004, 07:18
Looks like the weather is goin to be great for ya.
Don't forget that us sad-arses that can't get the time off work want detailed reports with piccies!
:Playnice: :scooter: :Punk:
ITs a beut of a day, will be taking heaps of pics and have a full report :niceone: but KK will do (as always) a great report, im glad i got leave from work today :)

Coldkiwi
23rd April 2004, 17:07
Right.. lets hear about it boys! how was it?

SpankMe
23rd April 2004, 17:14
I've created a category in the Gallery (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/4images/categories.php?cat_id=41) for todays event for those who wish to upload images.

The guy who runs Puke was well pleased with the turn out of bikes and said he will run more Bike Only Open Days. :niceone:

Motoracer
23rd April 2004, 18:07
It was really good. Nice to meet you lot out there. WhiteTrash, your F-ing fast!

I managed a 1.07 as my best today. Pretty happy about that for now.

6Chris6
23rd April 2004, 18:17
It was really good. Nice to meet you lot out there. WhiteTrash, your F-ing fast!

I managed a 1.07 as my best today. Pretty happy about that for now.
So M.R. Did you take out the Trash or what? :D

SPman
23rd April 2004, 18:26
So M.R. Did you take out the Trash or what? :DThe Trash did a 1.05.

Two Smoker
23rd April 2004, 19:24
Sorry i didnt get there guys and girls :weep: i tried my hardest, but i ended up picking up the bike at 3pm so there was no time to get to puke:( so ive spent the last four hours scrubing in my new tyre...... And what can i say it sticks like shit to a blanket....... i so wish i could have been there.....

Who's going next friday in the arvo????

I heard KK was getting solid 1:12's on shity tyres :niceone:

Well done MR and WT, those are some awesome times

Zed
23rd April 2004, 19:27
I've created a category in the Gallery (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/4images/categories.php?cat_id=41) for todays event for those who wish to upload images.

The guy who runs Puke was well pleased with the turn out of bikes and said he will run more Bike Only Open Days. :niceone:
Have uploaded some, thanks!

Awesome day out at the track today. Had heaps of riding time so presently I'm a bit buggered! Easily had between 30-50 bikes turn up throughout the day- split into 3 groups of post-classics, beginner/inter, & hardcore!

Good to see a great KB turnout and meet some more of your smiling faces!:wavey:

Zed

Coldkiwi
23rd April 2004, 19:42
1:05?? nice riding WT! my last effort netted a 1:07.5 so you're obviously moving!

SPman
23rd April 2004, 20:29
I heard KK was getting solid 1:12's on shitty tyres :niceone:

I believe he got a 1.11+! Came past me like a rat down a drainpipe in the esses.Had to make sure my motor was still running! Got to see lots of fellas styles from behind,(briefly) in the 1 session I was persuaded to go out in. Neato. :2thumbsup
Well done Dan, Duncan & co for enticing so many people out there.

erik
23rd April 2004, 21:04
Have uploaded some, thanks!

Awesome day out at the track today. Had heaps of riding time so presently I'm a bit buggered! Easily had between 30-50 bikes turn up throughout the day- split into 3 groups of post-classics, beginner/inter, & hardcore!

Good to see a great KB turnout and meet some more of your smiling faces!:wavey:

Zed

Jeeze, I've never quoted you before Zed. You sure use a heck of a lot of colour codes ;).
Anyway, cool photos. Nice bikes. I can't wait to get out there and have a go on the track myself. Dunno when that's going to be though...

:niceone:

FROSTY
23rd April 2004, 22:59
I had a bloody ball out there today. I was on a borrowed bike so out of respect to the owner I took it easy---YEA RIGHT
Baby B's lil 600 did creditably well for a street bike with no track dial in at all
The problem with the 400 is sorted --the regulater went bye byes and the battery was flat.-no battery meant no fuel pump--bugger
It was a pleasure meeting you guys --pity I just couldn't quite convince Lynda blair to lend me her monster ducati

Kwaka-Kid
24th April 2004, 09:12
hey guys, i too had a great time and think i speak for shaede aswell, let him and my old man punt around on 35 and they enjoyed the day. Hope everyone had fun and crunched down there times throughout the dayy, god knows i was tired by the end of it! and Zed was that you on the Blue and Red CBR600 huh? :)

Zed
24th April 2004, 14:33
hey guys, i too had a great time and think i speak for shaede aswell, let him and my old man punt around on 35 and they enjoyed the day. Hope everyone had fun and crunched down there times throughout the dayy, god knows i was tired by the end of it! and Zed was that you on the Blue and Red CBR600 huh? :)
Yeah that waz me KK- I enjoyed our little blat together! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_205.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Zed

Morepower
24th April 2004, 17:52
Great day guys , well worth the trip up :scooter:

Dave

babyB
24th April 2004, 18:36
well what can i say , was the first time i have been to an open day, was darn good too. great fun day, i took both me bikes they had a great work out. & many thanks to xjxj. good to see such a good turn out meetin new ppl & catch up with old ones good on ya guys.

RiderInBlack
25th April 2004, 07:53
Awesome Day. Hope the Yamy FJ1200 is fixable and the rider is feeling OK today.

The Diablos went great on the CBR. Still need to work on my cornering, but getting some better lines. Must get to one of those track training days (when I can afford it)!

Had 2 punchers at the same time in my back tyre on the motorway heading back to Whangarei. Trying to use those tubeless repair kits in the dark was fucken hard. Still had a leak in one of the punchers, so ended up having to stay the night with friends in Albany! The Dude @ Leading Edge was surpised that the new Diab got punchered, until I showed him the nail!

RiderInBlack
25th April 2004, 08:00
Sorry i didnt get there guys and girls :weep: i tried my hardest, but i ended up picking up the bike at 3pm so there was no time to get to puke:( so ive spent the last four hours scrubing in my new tyre...... And what can i say it sticks like shit to a blanket....... i so wish i could have been there..... Sorry to hear you were unable to make it TS:( Was looking out for you as well:disapint: Shit, you must have been gutted:cry:
Hope you are able to get to the next one:soon:

Zed
25th April 2004, 08:13
...Had 2 punchers at the same time in my back tyre on the motorway heading back to Whangarei.
At least this didn't happen to you while you were on the track like it did to me the time b4 last :sweatdrop

Good to see you down here again RIB- even if you were late! :cool:

Zed

Two Smoker
25th April 2004, 08:24
Sorry to hear you were unable to make it TS:( Was looking out for you as well:disapint: Shit, you must have been gutted:cry:
Hope you are able to get to the next one:soon:
Hey RIB, yep im extremely gutted....... there is nothing that is going to stop me going to the track day on the 8th, is anyone else going to the track day on the 8th?????

RiderInBlack
25th April 2004, 08:43
At least this didn't happen to you while you were on the track like it did to me the time b4 last :sweatdrop

Aye, I was thinking that as I was trying to repair the tyre. It was comforting, but I am sure all the "cages" I pass on the motorway were having a good laugh as they passed me sitting on the side of the motorway:finger:

Good to see you down here again RIB- even if you were late! :cool: ZedYa, but the Diab's and alinement were well worth the wait, and I tried hard to make up for lost time.
Good to see you there to Zed, even if you were seriously kicking my ass:kick: Good fuck bike, Zed:2thumbsup keep it up!

Motoracer
25th April 2004, 09:23
Sorry RIB and every one else who I didn't manage to see or meet at the time. I couldn't tell who was who there. I was with the blue on white leathers with BAYLISE written across the back btw.

Kwaka-Kid
25th April 2004, 09:31
yeehaw! i saw yah there sudeep, doin well, doin well my friend! cant wait for us all to catch up again but TS i think the 8th is out of the question for me, i only blimmin came to this one because of you! it costs so much when you add everything up, its cheaper for me to enter a race and ai get a place in that AND NOT a whole load of bigger bikes just whizzin by and lappin me.
oh so did anyone have a vid camera?

Motoracer
25th April 2004, 09:45
Thanx KK, you on the 400 getting a 1.11 is bloody respectable as well. I got a few things that have now thought out well so if my next day at the track isn't too far in the future, I should be able to improve my time a bit.

I just wanted to continue our disscusion here about that braking thing. You get a WSBK and a MotoGP bike. You can flip both straight away if you try to. But in racing situation, the GP bike will out brake the SBK by quite a bit (its not just the weight issue). The key is trying to brake as hard as you can without flipping the thing. This should be the same as trying to put the power down without doing an un-intentinal wheelie or a wheelspin. Both will do a power stand in 1st and flip you over if you put the power down real hard. However if both bikes were to take off just right with out doing a wheelie (not a big one anyway), the GP bike will obviously be way faster.

P.S. Fuck, I know eh! I spent 161 dollars and thats with only spending a dollar for lunch (One nice lady at BP was kind to me and gave me some free food for some reason).

Firefight
25th April 2004, 15:10
P.S. Fuck, I know eh! I spent 161 dollars and thats with only spending a dollar for lunch (One nice lady at BP was kind to me and gave me some free food for some reason).

Well given your awesome performance (first time you have had that bike on the track) (1.07) I would have said money well spent !!

Firefight :Pokey:

FROSTY
25th April 2004, 18:46
Awesome Day. Hope the Yamy FJ1200 is fixable and the rider is feeling OK today.

The Diablos went great on the CBR. Still need to work on my cornering, but getting some better lines. Must get to one of those track training days (when I can afford it)!

Had 2 punchers at the same time in my back tyre on the motorway heading back to Whangarei. Trying to use those tubeless repair kits in the dark was fucken hard. Still had a leak in one of the punchers, so ended up having to stay the night with friends in Albany! The Dude @ Leading Edge was surpised that the new Diab got punchered, until I showed him the nail!
I got an e mail from the owner and he's fine.The bike really wasn't that bad
new mirror,pegs,handlebar and an indicator and its back on the road.
needs a bit more but not much to be pretty again

Two Smoker
25th April 2004, 19:28
yeehaw! i saw yah there sudeep, doin well, doin well my friend! cant wait for us all to catch up again but TS i think the 8th is out of the question for me, i only blimmin came to this one because of you! it costs so much when you add everything up, its cheaper for me to enter a race and ai get a place in that AND NOT a whole load of bigger bikes just whizzin by and lappin me.
oh so did anyone have a vid camera?
Im really sorry i didnt make it KK, i was so pissed off and gutted, and they wouldnt let me take the bike without the new tyre on it :angry2: even though they knew i was going to be doing a track day :angry2:

We will have to go for a ride sometime instead :niceone:

So is anyone going on May the 8th???? Im going in the afternoon and im trying to convince PT to take the R65 out for a laugh hehehe..

XRNR
25th April 2004, 19:54
Awesome Day. Hope the Yamy FJ1100 is fixable and the rider is feeling OK today.
Thanks for your concern. I have vague memories of a rider in black hovering near me when I was writhing on the ground.
I just hope the Armco is cracked & hurting like me ! It cracked my helmet & would have broken my back if it wasn't for the back protector. I have a fairly swolen lower spine & parallel white stripes going up the back of my jacket accross my shoulder & up the side of my helmet.

(I very much appreciated the help of (xjxjxjx & babyb), peoples true charater is shown at times like this. Also my thanks to anyone else who assisted with me or my bike. I don't remember much of the rest of the afternoon, even if you did see me walking around. I think you will find that my eyes weren't focused.)

KwakaKid, As for videing, I came to watch & do exactly that on Friday... (I was not intending to ride for reasons some of you may know. Temptation overcame me and I was enjoying myself as I always do riding, That corner was my favourite as well...) I tried my best to get lots of different people on video, it was quite hard work. I think I got WhiteTrash ((Mr Fast) I was going to intoduce myself & fall at your feet later, But I went riding instead, Great Wheelstands!). MotoRacer I got, & RiderinBlack, & several others. KwakaKid I don't know what you were riding so I don't know wether I got you or not. But I will give what I have to spankme in due course.

Andrew
25th April 2004, 20:26

By the sound of your stunning performance on the track, perhaps we should be paying you for the entertainment next time. Well done!!

Coldkiwi
25th April 2004, 21:09
By the sound of your stunning performance on the track, perhaps we should be paying you for the entertainment next time. Well done!!

1:07's for a first time gsxr 600 rider at Puke means free entry??? where do we sign up? :2thumbsup :banana:

interesting comment about the back protector XRNR. Glad you had one on. I bought one after a few track days (Hinged R-jays with locking plates; at $125 its pretty affordable) but I don't see many other riders wearing them. Who else uses them and if you have one, how often?? (mines only for track or day fanging)

Two Smoker
25th April 2004, 21:15
I wear a back protector pretty much all the time, its a 7 link Spool and cost me $130

SpankMe
25th April 2004, 21:27
Who else uses them and if you have one, how often?? (mines only for track or day fanging)

Sounds like a subject for a new thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2755).

Morepower
25th April 2004, 22:28
Thanks for your concern. I have vague memories of a rider in black hovering near me when I was writhing on the ground.
That was me , And no I wasnt the grim reaper :) . Your eyes were as big as saucers though. Bloody good that you are OK .

Dave

Motoracer
25th April 2004, 23:28
Cheers guys! I have just found out that the unofficial time could have been lower than that by the end of the day but I am not going to say anything now. That'll just have to wait till the next time.

CK, we really need to have a blast together :) I am keen as to see where we stand.

aff-man
26th April 2004, 13:21
Well i only pitched up in the arvo for a bit of a look see and i had fun. Heaps of bikes there and good company all round. I got to time a few guy but i saved WT's times with his fastest being 1:05:58. Next time i'll try get hold of a digi cam and be the lunatic lying in the middle of the track taking photos :Punk:

Coldkiwi
26th April 2004, 13:30
CK, we really need to have a blast together :) I am keen as to see where we stand.

you know it! maybe one of these days both of us will be financial enough to go on consecutive rides? seems like these gsxrs drink all our hard earned cash! I think I went through at least 25% more gas than zed down to ngaruawahia despite doing the same speed

Zed
26th April 2004, 14:01
...I think I went through at least 25% more gas than zed down to ngaruawahia despite doing the same speed
Yeah, the CBR gets around 240kms+ per tank (18L)...however, I only got about 140kms from a tank of race gas at Pukekohe on Friday!! Cost me $27 to fill up too instead of my normal $17.

Motoracer
26th April 2004, 14:08
Yeah, the CBR gets around 240kms+ per tank (18L)...however, I only got about 140kms from a tank of race gas at Pukekohe on Friday!! Cost me $27 to fill up too instead of my normal $17.

17 dollars for 18 liters? Where do you get your petrol from? I have almost always paid 19 odd dollars to fill up my 18 liters tank. Or have the petrol prices come down recently? I wouldn't know anyway, I am comuting on the MTB now :banana:

Zed
26th April 2004, 15:18
17 dollars for 18 liters? Where do you get your petrol from? I have almost always paid 19 odd dollars to fill up my 18 liters tank. Or have the petrol prices come down recently? I wouldn't know anyway, I am comuting on the MTB now :banana:
I usually fill up b4 I run completely dry!

wkid_one
26th April 2004, 17:14
LOL - I was lucky to see 70km on the VTR when I took it to Puke....

Two Smoker
26th April 2004, 18:53
I said bye bye to 2/3's of a tank after 70kms on my bike (but it is only 14 litre tank)

RiderInBlack
26th April 2004, 21:03
Sucked through 17L ($25 worth) of Av-gas in 80miles (128Km) on the old CBR1000FL at Puke. To bad I wasn't getting your speeds but, Zed. Was happy with 145MPH (235KPM) down the back straight as it was 10MPH faster than the last time I visited Puke. More work to do, but improving all the time:niceone:

Zed
26th April 2004, 21:23
To bad I wasn't getting your speeds but, Zed. Was happy with 145MPH (235KPM) down the back straight as it was 10MPH faster than the last time I visited Puke. More work to do, but improving all the time:niceone:
I was only topping just over 240kmph down the back straight, could have probably gone faster if I had more length to change into 6th gear! White Trash was getting up around 270kmph on his GSXR600, not sure about Motoracer on his 600? I guess if I shed some of my 100kgs I would be moving along quicker too...:cool:

Good on you anyway RIB, that's what an Open Day is all about- an opportunity to improve your skills at your own pace and leisure.

Zed

Motoracer
26th April 2004, 23:45
I don't use a speedo sorry. I'd suspect about 260-270 as well.

White trash
27th April 2004, 08:11
Made it home, back to work again *sigh*.

Thanks for an awesome day guys, great to meet so many new people and riding south with Zed and CK was a blast. You boys are pretty bloody fast, nice and safe at the same time. Mike enjoyed his ride too, although he didn't see us!

I wish I could remember who I met but there was a few of you. I certainly remember Kiwistorm! Every time I looked in my mirrors there's a Gixxer1K bearing down. Thanks for the tour of the circuit in the first session too! Heaps of help for the rest of the day.

There is an open day at Manfield on Sunday 30th of May. This is for cars and bikes but NO race vehicles.

Anyone who wants to travell down for it, I can provide lodgings free of charge and have room for a few.

Who wants to come play in my playground? :shifty:

SPman
27th April 2004, 08:30
XRNR, sorry to hear you binned it. When and where did that happen? I had to go by 3, so was it after that? Glad to hear you are (relatively) OK.

RiderInBlack
27th April 2004, 08:37
There is an open day at Manfield on Sunday 30th of May. This is for cars and bikes but NO race vehicles.

Anyone who wants to travell down for it, I can provide lodgings free of charge and have room for a few.

Who wants to come play in my playground? :shifty:
Did bike only day on Manfeild, 2nd Jan on the VFR750. Bloody good day. Well organised. Fucken good track. How is it post the flood? Much damage?

White trash
27th April 2004, 09:38
The Trash did a 1.05.

Is that good?

You boys are lucky Jimbo750 never turned up!

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 10:41
Is that good?

You boys are lucky Jimbo750 never turned up!

What do you reckon he would have done?

White trash
27th April 2004, 10:53
He talks twice as much trash as me (see his apparent times at Manfield) so probably 1.03s?

Thats if he could've kept the thing upright for more than half a lap. :eek:

Fuck it's good to be back :beer:

Zed
27th April 2004, 12:07
Made it homeSmooth ride back from AK? :shifty: How long did it take you guys?

Zed

White trash
27th April 2004, 12:12
Smooth ride back from AK? :shifty: How long did it take you guys?

Zed

Got home at 5pm. Just a nice leisurely ride down the island, no dramas. Just the same as the ride up.

Washed my bike this morning. You guys got some sticky roadworks going on up there, that's for sure!

Thanks for the ride down #22. Good fun to ride with yourself and CK. Keep practicing them wheelies too :niceone:

Zed
27th April 2004, 12:25
Got home at 5pm. Just a nice leisurely ride down the island, no dramas. Just the same as the ride up.

Washed my bike this morning. You guys got some sticky roadworks going on up there, that's for sure!

Thanks for the ride down #22. Good fun to ride with yourself and CK. Keep practicing them wheelies too :niceone:
You guys made very good time then! Your mate does alright for only riding for a short while.

Yeah, that section of roadworks down SH22 makes quite a mess alright! ...& what wheelies? :weep: Bunnyhops campared to your lengthy displays mate!

Zed

White trash
27th April 2004, 12:32
hey, we all start somewhere. Even Jimbo750 get's the front wheel up now and then where as when we first met, I thought his wheel was superglued to the road!

He's mostly preening himself as he rides past shop fronts anyway. :puke:

Kwaka-Kid
27th April 2004, 13:02
whats this talk of 260-70 kmph? NO FAIR! :( and Zeds only 240kmph? well i was getting a geard estimate of about 210kmph possibly 220kmph on a very good lap. unfortunatly because of my airfilter mods and exhaust mod without any jetting or dynoing at all my bikes apparently down on power from stock :( bah, i even tried using no airfilter etc, made me realise how much of an art it is, because the bike then wouldnt go anywhere near redline. Cheers for the fun and dicing yet again guys, you too spankme! that was fun :D

White trash
27th April 2004, 13:05
whats this talk of 260-70 kmph? NO FAIR! :( and Zeds only 240kmph? well i was getting a geard estimate of about 210kmph possibly 220kmph on a very good lap. unfortunatly because of my airfilter mods and exhaust mod without any jetting or dynoing at all my bikes apparently down on power from stock :( bah, i even tried using no airfilter etc, made me realise how much of an art it is, because the bike then wouldnt go anywhere near redline. Cheers for the fun and dicing yet again guys, you too spankme! that was fun :D

No, no, no! My bike was INDICATING 270 through the kink. I'd say it's probably closer to 255 real.

Did 210 in 4th on one wheel when I was riding with you though KK!

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 13:11
unfortunatly because of my airfilter mods and exhaust mod without any jetting or dynoing at all my bikes apparently down on power from stock :( bah, i even tried using no airfilter etc, made me realise how much of an art it is

That was the same story with my ZXR as well. Its a lot better now but it could still do with a bit of fine tuning.

Suzukis rule anyway Zed and KK :bleh:. Ain't that right Mr WT? :yeah:

White trash
27th April 2004, 13:21
You heard the man! :spudbooge

Kwaka-Kid
27th April 2004, 17:13
pfft, yeah and my gf's a motorcycle...

hey wait... damn... well no they still dont rule! :P

Coldkiwi
27th April 2004, 17:21
MR, my best time was a 1:07.5 and my best speed down the back was an indicated 257 from memory (its kinda blurry before hitting the picks eh!) so i'd guess your top speed is fairly similar given that the lap times are identical. How do you find going onto the back straight? I still struggle a little with that last corner so if you're in the groove there you might be seeing a little more than me at the other end. I was pretty inconsistent coming on to the straight and its one of those areas I want to tidy up.

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 17:47
MR, my best time was a 1:07.5 and my best speed down the back was an indicated 257 from memory (its kinda blurry before hitting the picks eh!) so i'd guess your top speed is fairly similar given that the lap times are identical. How do you find going onto the back straight? I still struggle a little with that last corner so if you're in the groove there you might be seeing a little more than me at the other end. I was pretty inconsistent coming on to the straight and its one of those areas I want to tidy up.

On that day I was basically learning my bike the whole time. I didn't know what speeds I was suppose to go at until I caught the tail of some racers and picked up the pace a bit.

I really should be going a lot faster into turn 1 and carrying more speed through turn 2 and 3 and going on the gas a lot earlier at Castrol but it wasn't a race so I'll do thoes things after I am more comfertable with it.

My bike is a race bike so it would be faster on the backstraight. The place where I loose major time is the hairpin. I haven't got the braking and going through it faster sussed yet. KK you did some nice work at the hairpin btw :niceone:

Its funny how a track that looks so simple like Pukekohe can take so much work and time to get things right.

SPman
27th April 2004, 17:50
Where do you guys get time to look at the speedo? I vibrated my way up to just over 12K rpm (should have pulled 13K easy, running like a pos), so thats a bit over 240k but the rev counter was all I looked at!

KK you did some nice work at the hairpin btw
and through the esses up over the hill!:D

Two Smoker
27th April 2004, 18:21
Where do you guys get time to look at the speedo? I vibrated my way up to just over 12K rpm (should have pulled 13K easy, running like a pos), so thats a bit over 240k but the rev counter was all I looked at!

and through the esses up over the hill!:D
When your doing my kinda speeds you have HHHHHEEEEEEAAAAAAPPPPPSSS of time to look at the speedo.....

White trash
27th April 2004, 18:22
On that day I was basically learning my bike the whole time. I didn't know what speeds I was suppose to go at until I caught the tail of some racers and picked up the pace a bit.

I really should be going a lot faster into turn 1 and carrying more speed through turn 2 and 3 and going on the gas a lot earlier at Castrol but it wasn't a race so I'll do thoes things after I am more comfertable with it.

My bike is a race bike so it would be faster on the backstraight. The place where I loose major time is the hairpin. I haven't got the braking and going through it faster sussed yet. KK you did some nice work at the hairpin btw :niceone:

Its funny how a track that looks so simple like Pukekohe can take so much work and time to get things right.

i beg to differ, M/R.

Hard braking is hard braking. The technical bits are "Jennian Homes" and thos super fast left handers towards the rise. Slow corners are always easier to get right. There's not alot wrong with your braking into the hairpin, I can vouch for that!

Try chasing a quick 600 rider through the first few turns a couple of times and you'll find a second or two, no prblems.

Zed
27th April 2004, 18:57
KK...and through the esses up over the hill!:D
Well, that was where I witnessed old KK riding like a bit of a nutter actually, cut across me and nearly took me out- you naughty boy! :wacko:

Zed

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 19:20
i beg to differ, M/R.

Hard braking is hard braking. The technical bits are "Jennian Homes" and thos super fast left handers towards the rise. Slow corners are always easier to get right. There's not alot wrong with your braking into the hairpin, I can vouch for that!

Try chasing a quick 600 rider through the first few turns a couple of times and you'll find a second or two, no prblems.

Yea but I just need to sort out the braking point. I have always left a safety margin just incase if I fall short. I have seen some racers loose thier front at the hairpin so I am just scared of that. I really have to shake it off and then lean it over all the way while at the hairpin. When the ZX 6 RR racer overtook me there, he made cool sparks as he sraped his pegs at the hairpin! I am not even scaping my knee there some times. So I am falling behind already cause I am not carrying enough speed. After I complete the hairpin turn, its pretty much open throtle all the way to the hill so I don't think I have problems there.

I really could use some help on the "Jennian Homes" and the eses for sure. I am sure there are seconds to loose there like you said.

Looking forward to doing Manfield next month :niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
27th April 2004, 20:24
Well, that was where I witnessed old KK riding like a bit of a nutter actually, cut across me and nearly took me out- you naughty boy! :wacko:

Zed
Firstly in my defense id like to say there was an easy wheel length between us! and secondly what did you expect? it wasnt fun sitting behind you through jennian etc trying to get around, then have you blast back past on the bakcstraight :no: so i finally got agressive enough to want to do some fast 'lone laps and decided it was the only place to cut past- and figured you would prolly not bother trying to overtake me on the backstraight after that :P :innocent:

hehe but sorry if i startled u, really didnt mean it, and wouldnt have done it if i didnt feel really safe doing so - just hold your line dude and ill see to it that nothing bad happens :Police:

wkid_one
27th April 2004, 21:30
Firstly in my defense id like to say there was an easy wheel length between us! and secondly what did you expect? it wasnt fun sitting behind you through jennian etc trying to get around, then have you blast back past on the bakcstraight :no: so i finally got agressive enough to want to do some fast 'lone laps and decided it was the only place to cut past- and figured you would prolly not bother trying to overtake me on the backstraight after that :P :innocent:

hehe but sorry if i startled u, really didnt mean it, and wouldnt have done it if i didnt feel really safe doing so - just hold your line dude and ill see to it that nothing bad happens :Police:
oh PMPL - well said KK - especially the last paragraph.....

Zed
28th April 2004, 10:27

I won't debate it with you, but there was another witness to that event who agreed with my concern...you were racing- I wasn't! If I was, then maybe I would have taken more risks like you did...but it was only an Open Day after all and my 2nd time ever on the track.

Zed

White trash
28th April 2004, 10:32
I won't debate it with you, but there was another witness to that event who agreed with my concern...you were racing- I wasn't! If I was, then maybe I would have taken more risks like you did...but it was only an Open Day after all and my 2nd time ever on the track.

Zed

Unfortunately, you'll always get this on track days as alot of the smaller race bikes just aren't quite quick enough to go out with the "fast" group. i personally try to give road riders as much space as I can to avoid scaring them, or I go to the outside to get passed.

if a racer carves me up I'm not too concerned as they're usually experianced at getting past in tight spots so think nothing of it.

God help any 'Hero" road rider who wants to jam his bike under mine just to show how big his nuts are though. it aint big or clever and they usually get theirs. :msn-wink:

Hoon
28th April 2004, 11:30
I really could use some help on the "Jennian Homes" and the eses for sure. I am sure there are seconds to loose there like you said.

Jenian and the last turn 9 sweeper are my favourite turns as this is where I make the most ground on other bikes. On these corners, power means nothing and corner speed is everything - my 250 has humbled Gix1Ks, R1s and even a Blackbird.
These are both high speed sweepers and are really a leap of faith (grab yourself by the balls and ignore the screaming voices telling you to back off). You need to trust yourself and your bike. Go in faster and faster until the bike gets funky then start fine tuning your suspension/body position.

Once you get fast on Jenian you will need to work on your approach to Turn 2 (the left hander) which involves a bit of brakes and a lot of muscle to flick the bike over. Eventually you will find that the limiting factor is not speed or brakes but your ability to flick the bike over quick enough to carry your speed through 2, 3 and 4.

I had the same problem about a year ago (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=389) and the solution was to use the "pivot steering" method which Keith Code talks about in his Wrist II book.

I take Turns 3/4 as one turn (the two rights that make up Castrol). This allows me to setup and start winding on the gas going into 3 with only minor adjustments required to hit the turn4 apex heading onto the straight.

White trash
28th April 2004, 11:37
pretty much the same for me although because of my limited Puke experiance, I've no idea where on the track I should be turning into Jen'.

The final turn is a bit easier because you naturally flow into it from the preceeding turns and you're pretty much accelerating flat out as well.

Carey offered to let me follow him a few laps on his ZX6R to show me the way but we kept missing each other in different sessions so I'll have to wait 'till next time.

Great guy by the way, thanks. :niceone:

Zed
28th April 2004, 12:13
oh PMPL - well said KK - especially the last paragraph.....
Where were you on the day anyway Cincinnati? :baby:

Coldkiwi
28th April 2004, 12:18
interesting stuff MR and Ho-hoon. I love that jennian corner too but spent alot of my brain power through turns 1-4 getting consistent gear changes (stay in 5th at the end of the front, hold it through turn 1- chop down to fourth as I brake for turn 2-chop down again into third as I stand it up a little out of three and power away through turn 4) to make the most of the revs. I found when i started worrying about lines too much my gear selection turned to crap and I lost even more speed. once I get that zombied into my head I'll make a point of fine tuning the braking and lines :)

as I mentioned before, i have an easier time getting the bike on its side through fast sweepers than I do through the hairpin!

Motoracer
28th April 2004, 13:37
Good advise HO-hoon, thanx!

as I mentioned before, i have an easier time getting the bike on its side through fast sweepers than I do through the hairpin!

Yep, I am the same as well.

Kwaka-Kid
28th April 2004, 15:05
Hmm, thanks for the usful info there Hoon, im finding now that when i take a wide line into jennian it gets all wobbly as and the suspension is completely unsettled the whole way through, and dont really have much of an issue with change directions as im guessing by the time i hit that left im slow enough to do it easy, i try to go slow through there then gas it hard and make 3+4 one corner of open throttle but short shifted so as the back end doesnt slide about coming onto the backstraight because in a gear lower (sorry, unsure of gear number, just feel) it gets near redline just on exit and i find it hard to change and it slides.

Anyways sorry you felt that way zed, I cant remember who i was out with, i went out in fast and slow as i was setting my bike up all day etc and letting others ride it - i think it must have been my dad on it that carved yah!- My bad if it was me but the whole day i didnt get any nerves or feel unsafe, was actually amazing i think it was because its the first time away from racing on a track for me and there were no expectations! great fun.
Oh and lastly Zed - did you cling on behind the 400 and watch me go through those corners at all? not that im a good one to teach or anything but the only way i got some more pace through there was following Hoon.(thanks yet again dude!) :)

magnum
28th April 2004, 15:58
Great day guys , well worth the trip up :scooter:

Dave
hey dave,stevezx6r here,it was a fun day eh.rode to whakatane after track day and was pretty sore,nothing a few beers and a sleep couldnt fix!!ya gonna do the rider training day at taupo mid may?if so will see ya there,if my entrys not to late.later

Zed
28th April 2004, 18:00
Anyways sorry you felt that way zed, I cant remember who i was out with, i went out in fast and slow as i was setting my bike up all day etc and letting others ride it - i think it must have been my dad on it that carved yah!- My bad if it was me but the whole day i didnt get any nerves or feel unsafe, was actually amazing i think it was because its the first time away from racing on a track for me and there were no expectations! great fun.
Oh and lastly Zed - did you cling on behind the 400 and watch me go through those corners at all? not that im a good one to teach or anything but the only way i got some more pace through there was following Hoon.(thanks yet again dude!) :)
It was only on that one occasion that you took me by surprise, and I wasn't that upset with you mate- just thought I'd balance all this praise you were getting on this site with a touch of negative criticism. I quite enjoyed our short match we had going out on the track, pity I didn't see you more often, was looking out for you!

There will be a next time KK :bleh:

Zed

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 18:12
Where were you on the day anyway Cincinnati? :baby: Combination of Bike still in pieces and too much work to be able to skive off for the day. But then again - I have been to more track days than I care to remember at Puke - I wanna do Taupo now.....

Morepower
28th April 2004, 18:49
hey dave,stevezx6r here,it was a fun day eh.rode to whakatane after track day and was pretty sore,nothing a few beers and a sleep couldnt fix!!ya gonna do the rider training day at taupo mid may?if so will see ya there,if my entrys not to late.later

It was , thanks for your tips , I think you lapped me twice in the first session :sleep:
I was pleased to make it harder for you as the day went on.
I rode back to Napier the next morning and went riding with the boys on that afternoon as well. On Sunday morning I felt like a truck had run me over.

But it was fun. And I am trying to Make Taupo.

Dave

merv
28th April 2004, 19:12
Combination of Bike still in pieces and too much work to be able to skive off for the day. But then again - I have been to more track days than I care to remember at Puke - I wanna do Taupo now.....

You might be out to lunch and you still haven't told us what bike you have acquired.

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 21:19
You might be out to lunch and you still haven't told us what bike you have acquired.
OUt to lunch??? You lost me there?

Motoracer
28th April 2004, 21:22

Lol, check what you have written in your profile for bike and location

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 21:29
Ahhh - I thought I had changed that about a week ago - I mustn't have pressed save....it is late, had a hard day, and have drunk too much (that is the story and I am sticking to it)

Motoracer
28th April 2004, 21:33
Ahhh - I thought I had changed that about a week ago - I mustn't have pressed save....it is late, had a hard day, and have drunk too much (that is the story and I am sticking to it)

Yea yea alright, what bike have ya got??

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 21:37
No I meant I was changing the 'Out to Lunch' to something equally inane.....nothing to do with bikes.

Motoracer
28th April 2004, 21:42
No I meant I was changing the 'Out to Lunch' to something equally inane.....nothing to do with bikes.

I knew that <_< I was just re-asking Merv's real question...

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 21:44
And I knew your intentions and was purposefully avoiding the question

merv
29th April 2004, 07:55

When I asked you that your profile said "Location Out to Lunch" but you've changed it since yesterday.

merv
29th April 2004, 07:57
And I knew your intentions and was purposefully avoiding the question
Yeah we can tell.

White trash
5th May 2004, 16:03
Aint it funny how people make a big deal about a 1:05.5 around Puke' and you think you're the man, then I watch an in car Superpole lap with Greg Murphy.

In pissing down rain with standing water everywhere, the talented prick goes FASTER fighting the thing the whole way.

That's why he gets paid shitloads and I get paid squat :angry: