PDA

View Full Version : Close call?

Calo
22nd January 2006, 13:28
I was about to make a left hand turn into Upper Queen St (from Ian McKinnon Drive) last night, when I looked to my right to see a cage full of homies apparently running a red light (coming from the direction of Newton Rd) and almost losing control as they avoided a taxi about to make a right hand turn into Ian McKinnon Drive. Actually, I'm not so sure they avoided the taxi completely as I heard a noise followed by the sound of plastic hitting the road (wing mirror?). At any rate, they certainly didn't stop to check. The taxi driver looked rather bewildered. :shit:

They turned down Canada St and followed it around to East St before turning left into K' Rd. As chance would have it, I was taking the same route home. They stopped on K' Rd and a couple of them got out. I slowly coasted by and gave them a disapproving look :nono: (they were all staring at me because I think they thought that I was intentionally following them). I made a note of their number plate. :Police:

It would have been a pretty horrific accident had the taxi turned into their path. Furthermore, they could have collected me too if I didn't have my wits about me.

Bloody cagers. :bash:

JMemonic
22nd January 2006, 13:38
Good news is you were not hit, bad news is these morons (hmm maybe I am being kind there only calling them morons) obviously consider themselves to be allowed to dirve like they are playing grand thieft or something similar, and I would suggest the stop and stare they did was an effort to intimidate you.

TonyB
22nd January 2006, 13:54
I'd say da crew wuz about ta give u da bash. Or something like that anyway.

Ages ago I saw a little nose to tail accident in Chch. Guy in front car gets out as does rear car. They start talking. Something or other happens, and suddenly all these big Samoan lads pile rapidly out of the rear car. Guy from front car looks a tad nervous and walks towards his car. Light turns green so we drive off. Me being a wee bit slllloooooowwww didn't realise what had actually happened till I was a few minutes down the road:eyepoke: