PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Ride from Wellys to Pukekohe for 23rd.

White trash
22nd March 2004, 16:48
Who's keen? Take a day or two off work for the track day at Pukekohe on April 23rd.

Maybe ride up Thursday and stay at a Backpackers then thrash the arse off the bikes for the day then back to Wgtn on Saturday. I'm going, who's coming? :D

wkid_one
22nd March 2004, 17:21
Feck - now I wish I still had my bike - woulda been in like Flynn

White trash
22nd March 2004, 17:23
Come on peoples!

Deano, Cycosis? Jimbo, you'll be in wont ya?

Don't make me go by myself :bye:

Marknz
22nd March 2004, 19:46
mmm, got any long term testers that need thrashing :Oops: I mean running in :2thumbsup

when do the 04 Gixxer 750's arrive?

MrMelon
22nd March 2004, 20:42
Ah fuck
I'm planning on riding up there on wednesday for a bit.. gotta work in huntly on thursday so thought i may as well spend a few days up there.

LB
23rd March 2004, 05:36
I will be going up, but depending on the weather I may take the car (if it's real shit, or even half shit, I'll take the car).

If I do ride up, I'd leave early (around 6am) on the Friday. I'd be much slower than you guys (WT, Jimbo etc) and am happy to ride up by myself. Will be going via Paraparas/National Park/Otorohanga/Pirongia etc.

I'm staying for the Post Classic meeting on the 24th.

LB
23rd March 2004, 06:08
I just realised it gets lighter in the mornings now we've changd the clocks :doh: so I will probably leave round 5am.

(I thought it got darker till I looked out the window just now....)

White trash
23rd March 2004, 07:56
mmm, got any long term testers that need thrashing :Oops: I mean running in :2thumbsup

Come on, Mark. You could always buy a bike before then.

How does a brand new 04 GSXR1000 for $19k +orc sound?

White trash
23rd March 2004, 07:57
Ah fuck
I'm planning on riding up there on wednesday for a bit.. gotta work in huntly on thursday so thought i may as well spend a few days up there.

You gonna ride on the track?

Deano
23rd March 2004, 08:26
Come on peoples!

Deano, Cycosis? Jimbo, you'll be in wont ya?

Don't make me go by myself :bye:

I could be keen as I missed my trip to the races in Paeroa this year.
Cycosis doesn't like long trips for some reason, maybe cause he can't cruise for too long. I keep telling him the road from Wanganui north is awesome - the National Park Highway???

Ive never been to Pukekohe so could be a starter.......

White trash
23rd March 2004, 09:22
I could be keen as I missed my trip to the races in Paeroa this year.
Cycosis doesn't like long trips for some reason, maybe cause he can't cruise for too long. I keep telling him the road from Wanganui north is awesome - the National Park Highway???

Ive never been to Pukekohe so could be a starter.......

Tell Cycosis when you see him I can get him a ride up there in the back of The Yo Shows van.

No excuses now boys :banana:

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 12:20
White trash, i'm keen to see what state you're in when you get up here on the little rocket. as you know, my necks getting a hard time from the riding position on long rides so I'm curious to see how your body fares on such a long trip. Still, at least a long ride the day before gives you a handy excuse for posting some dud laptimes on the friday (should you need it)!

Firefight
23rd March 2004, 13:34
White trash, i'm keen to see what state you're in when you get up here on the little rocket. as you know, my necks getting a hard time from the riding position on long rides so I'm curious to see how your body fares on such a long trip. Still, at least a long ride the day before gives you a handy excuse for posting some dud laptimes on the friday (should you need it)!

When have you done any long rides CK ? :Pokey:

Firefight :whistle:

k14
23rd March 2004, 15:35
I might be keen to do that. I am riding from New Plymouth to Christchurch that weekend sometime. Haven't made any bookings yet, but i am thinking of taking the sunday morning ferry.

I also was thinking about going to the trackday, will have to see how the finances are. But if i don't go to auckland we could meet up on saturday on SH1 somewhere and ride down to wellington.

How much is the trackday costing?

White trash
23rd March 2004, 15:50

Jimbo750 (poofta) and myself rode non stop (except gas) from Wgtn to Nth Shore in December and I only really felt it in the knees. Neck isn't really a problem for me. What brand/model helmet do you wear?

boris
23rd March 2004, 16:44
i have a calendar that says there is Nz V8 international at pukekohe 23-25 April is this wrong?

k14
23rd March 2004, 16:49
Yeah it is, it was changed to the following weekend because the NZ rally and the V8's were too close together.

Yamahamaman
23rd March 2004, 16:50
i have a calendar that says there is Nz V8 international at pukekohe 23-25 April is this wrong?
I think that you might be right Boris. The Rally of NZ is earlier in the year also.

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 17:33
i'm wearing a KBC galaxy. wasn't a problem on my old zX-6R and I did the cold kiwi on that with little more than stiff legs. As to firefight's question, the longest ride i've done on the GSXR was a loop from auckland around whangamata/waihi... mainly because my neck gets sore!

could be a helmet issue and a new one is on my long term list of replacements (currently being strangled by my upcoming wedding commitments!) but i don't think so. more likely to be me being an unfit bastard sitting in an office for too long!

Marknz
23rd March 2004, 18:10
Come on, Mark. You could always buy a bike before then.

How does a brand new 04 GSXR1000 for $19k +orc sound?

If the "Storm sells in Australia then that's a definite maybe :)

ching_ching
23rd March 2004, 20:24
could be a helmet issue and a new one is on my long term list of replacements (currently being strangled by my upcoming wedding commitments!) but i don't think so. more likely to be me being an unfit bastard sitting in an office for too long!

Wedding...:Offtopic:

Congratulations CK! I am right in congratulating you on your impending union aren't I?:rolleyes:

ching

Yamahamaman
23rd March 2004, 21:06
but i don't think so. more likely to be me being an unfit bastard sitting in an office for too long!

Nah, it's age. The older ya get, the less susseptible you are to things like pain (or is that us old-timers have lost all our nerve-ends :eek: ). 872Km ride on February 11th with just a little rubasso afterward.

White trash
24th March 2004, 08:54
If the "Storm sells in Australia then that's a definite maybe :)

A "definite maybe"? What the hell's that?

Coldkiwi
24th March 2004, 09:21
Wedding...:Offtopic:

Congratulations CK! I am right in congratulating you on your impending union aren't I?:rolleyes:

ching

cheers mate :) yeah, as much as the drain on biking finances sucks, i can't wait for the wedding (June 12)

White trash
24th March 2004, 09:40
cheers mate :) yeah, as much as the drain on biking finances sucks, i can't wait for the wedding (June 12)

Cngratulations indeed, Gixxer brother :niceone:

Although, if you think the wedding puts a drain on bike finances, try divorce and child support :crazy:

Coldkiwi
24th March 2004, 11:02
no thanks! i'll stick to getting and staying married. anyway, my fiancee is earning a pretty damn good cheque for a 22yr old and she's much better at budgeting/saving than I am so she's a good thing to hang on to as far as I'm concerned!

Marknz
24th March 2004, 19:32
A "definite maybe"? What the hell's that?

It means that at the moment FI is looking better than carbies, but I prefer the more subtle curves on a Firestorm to the Angles on the SV1000S... and before you come up with the answer, I'm already thinking that the Gixxer doesn't have any angles. Don't worry fella, you're not out of the equation yet.

White trash
14th April 2004, 07:38
I'm going to leave Wellington on Thursday 23rd at around 10am. travell through the Wanganui/Paraparas and stay in Hamilton the night.

I'll probably get a new pair of tyres fitted at Road and Sport on Friday morning before heading up #22 to Pukekohe.

Who's coming?

Coldkiwi
14th April 2004, 12:18
pssst... white trash!... Thursday is the 22nd.

what level of snotty rubber are you fitting to the gsxr for this auspicious occasion?

White trash
14th April 2004, 12:23
pssst... white trash!... Thursday is the 22nd.

what level of snotty rubber are you fitting to the gsxr for this auspicious occasion?

:mellow: So it is. Ta.

In regards to the rubber issue, that would be telling. However, they are black, they are round and they are extremely snotty. :niceone:

Nah, just what I normally use. Pirelli SC1 on the front and SC2 on the rear. Fuck, it better not rain!

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 13:12
I hope you got more people comming from down there than just yourself WT. Jo is comming right? What about this Jimbo750 character, I was wanting to see him in action as well.

White trash
14th April 2004, 13:17
I'm afraid Yo's bike will be in bits again after this weekend to have new fairings made. And that Jimbo750 character is hopelessly and totaly gay. Not his fault, but there you go. :laugh:

Nah, looks like I'm riding solo. At least there'll be no one to bitch about my slow riding.

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 13:33
Nah, looks like I'm riding solo. At least there'll be no one to bitch about my slow riding.

Or slow you down...

Firefight
14th April 2004, 14:56
Ia'm back, yep this is a better thread, now where were we, oh yeah thats right, I am working both 23 & 24 th MR, can take one sicky not two,what to do ??

F/F :crazy:

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 14:59
Take a sickie, take a sickie! Sorry for being a bad mate but it'll be awesome if you could join us :p. The day to take a sickie (if you are going to) is the 24th of April on Saturday BTW.

White trash
14th April 2004, 15:02
I'm here too!

I just can't wait to go for a cruise with you guys (not that there's anything wrong with the Wgtn crowd)

Race track or SH22, I'm doing both! :Punk:

Firefight
14th April 2004, 15:07
Take a sickie, take a sickie! Sorry for being a bad mate but it'll be awesome if you could join us :p. The day to take a sickie (if you are going to) is the 24th of April on Saturday BTW.

Now just hang on a minute mate(who said that) Ia'm gunna have to sit down and think about this, I can;t just go takin sick days whenever I want yu know.

Okay I,am in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cough, cough, not feelin to good, I feel a sicky comin on. :sick: :sick: 24th it is then.

F/F

White trash
14th April 2004, 15:09
Yahoo! The 600 gang rides on the 24th!

Now I need a place to stay in Dorkland on the 23rd.??????

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 15:19

I'll get on to that. I'll let you know by tonight.

P.S. We will have about 2 or 3 liter bikes as well.

jimbo600
14th April 2004, 15:45

Oi piss off. You're not allowed to get a 04 gixxer. You want a nice BMW independentyou do.

jimbo600
14th April 2004, 15:49
I'm afraid Yo's bike will be in bits again after this weekend to have new fairings made. And that Jimbo750 character is hopelessly and totaly gay. Not his fault, but there you go. :laugh:

Ooh strong words man. Right I'll see what's what but it's a crap time of year to get time off from work. Anyway, you're just sour cos I kicked your ass over the Rimatukas the other day.

Or was it the other way around? Ah who cares

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 15:49
Jimmy, I got you sorted for accommodation for the 23rd night. Bro's flatmate went overseas so he's got a spare room that you can use.

White trash
14th April 2004, 16:05
Mate, you're a legend! We'll sort it via PMs.

Cheerz for that. I'll bring the bottle of bourbon you brought down last time and we'll give it a bit of a nudge, eh?

White trash
14th April 2004, 16:06
Ooh strong words man. Right I'll see what's what but it's a crap time of year to get time off from work. Anyway, you're just sour cos I kicked your ass over the Rimatukas the other day.

Or was it the other way around? Ah who cares

just come down with a bad flu on Wednesday, have to take Thurs Fri off etc etc. I'll leave another mesage on your cel phone outlining the plan shall I? :shit:

jimbo600
14th April 2004, 16:13
just come down with a bad flu on Wednesday, have to take Thurs Fri off etc etc. I'll leave another mesage on your cel phone outlining the plan shall I? :shit:

All of a sudden I have come down with a bad case of rottencock.

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 16:13
Mate, you're a legend! We'll sort it via PMs.

Cheerz for that. I'll bring the bottle of bourbon you brought down last time and we'll give it a bit of a nudge, eh?

No worries bro! You can if you want to but if its a pain carrying it around on the bike, we'll just have a few beers here. Its up to you.

I am not going to drink too much cause I'll be riding the next day.

White trash
14th April 2004, 16:18
All of a sudden I have come down with a bad case of rottencock.

you are FUCKIN ill! They should give you 6 months mental health leave.

Cajun
14th April 2004, 16:35
How far you guys planning on riding down to?? I might be in for a blast on the 23th as well,
best place for me to catch up is somewhere around the rotovegas area.

White trash
14th April 2004, 16:38
How far you guys planning on riding down to?? I might be in for a blast on the 23th as well,
best place for me to catch up is somewhere around the rotovegas area.

I'm riding from Auckland to Wgtn on the 24th. Sunning it up at the race track on the 23rd.

Best you join us!

Coldkiwi
14th April 2004, 17:02

puke I can't afford, but a decent thrash south the following day could be just what I need! MR and FF, I take it you guys fancy tagging along a wee way south to make sure WT doesn't get lost too soon? :yes:

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 17:10
puke I can't afford, but a decent thrash south the following day could be just what I need! MR and FF, I take it you guys fancy tagging along a wee way south to make sure WT doesn't get lost too soon? :yes:

Hmmm, I am not planning on riding further than our usual which is as far as Hamilton I think. Again, its cause of the fuel cost thing. We can split whenever and thoes who want to carry on further can do that and thoes who want to head back with me can do that as well.

White trash
14th April 2004, 17:10

Yeah thanks for your concern guys.

I get lost going to the dairy for a pack of fags. End up in all sorts of strange strip clubs and stuff. :whistle:

wkid_one
14th April 2004, 20:24
If I get my shit sorted and back in to some semblance of 'working' I will be vanning up. Sufficient space WT for you to fit the GXXR in as well as long wheel base with shit loads of room - may save you wear and tear (on both bike and arse).

Will let you know

FROSTY
14th April 2004, 21:01
any of you welly riders needing a place to crash give me a call--I have a warm dry garage and a floor for the rider to crash on

Marknz
14th April 2004, 21:39
Oi piss off. You're not allowed to get a 04 gixxer. You want a nice BMW independentyou do.

Hehehe, thought that might get your attention. BMW Independant? Well I got the Independant sorted out now, just need the bike to go with it huh?

jimbo600
14th April 2004, 21:51
Hehehe, thought that might get your attention. BMW Independant? Well I got the Independant sorted out now, just need the bike to go with it huh?

OK OK get the K4 if it makes you feel better.............can I have a go?

Drunken Monkey
14th April 2004, 22:38

PM, call or email me if you want to stay at my place.

LB
15th April 2004, 05:49
I'm going up on Thursday 22nd too.

Depends on the weather as to if it's by bike or car (yeah, yeah, I know I'm a woose....)

If I take the bike I'd prefer to leave a bit earlier than 10am, more like 8am probably (unless it's a frost, no handlebar warmers on the Monster.....). If I take the bike I'd go Paraparas/National Park also. Would be happy to ride with you WT, though you'd have plenty of rest/fag stops waiting for me to catch up.

I'd be going as far as Morrinsville (staying there with my Dad) on the Thursday, and going up to the track on the 23rd from there.

Also may be meeting up with FF somewhere if he has the day off and is well enough. Poor blighter, FF doesn't keep good health does he. :innocent:

Cajun
15th April 2004, 12:03
I'm riding from Auckland to Wgtn on the 24th. Sunning it up at the race track on the 23rd.

Best you join us!

Can't make it to the track on the 23th )c:< two of other people from work at away at a conferce in the USA so not allowed any time off that week. But i can catch up with ya with ya ride back down, let me know ya route back home, and i find ya somewhere along the way

White trash
15th April 2004, 17:10
If I get my shit sorted and back in to some semblance of 'working' I will be vanning up. Sufficient space WT for you to fit the GXXR in as well as long wheel base with shit loads of room - may save you wear and tear (on both bike and arse).

Will let you know

That'd be cool, let me know.

Thanks also to Mr M Racer and Mr Monkey. I wont need 'commo for the night either evening. I have a mate in Auckland who will throw a right tanty if I don't go stay with him.

I really appreciate the offers though and it'll be cool to catch up with you guys again.

Firefight
15th April 2004, 17:39
I'm going up on Thursday 22nd too.

Also may be meeting up with FF somewhere if he has the day off and is well enough. Poor blighter, FF doesn't keep good health does he. :innocent:

Cough. cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, :sick: sick day,must ride must ride must ride must ride sick day sick day sick day cough cough must ride ...

F/F

SPman
15th April 2004, 17:57
P.S. We will have about 2 or 3 liter bikes as well.
Not some subtle code is it.....2.3litre......Rocket 3 :rolleyes:

White trash
15th April 2004, 18:06

A Triumph test rider was killed on one of those.

Hence the 160mph limiter. :shit:

Motoracer
15th April 2004, 21:51

I was thinking of the same thing after typeing it but couldn't be stuffed rewording it.