PDA

View Full Version : OK so I'm new

claire
22nd March 2004, 20:13
but don't hold that against me. I've only been riding motorcycles for a couple of years so hopefully thats not a sin either. I've just inherited my partners R1 (a bit scary really) and had to part with my lovely YZF600R so hopefully I've made the right choice with which one to keep. Chris has ordered a new R1 and is being very patient waiting for the call and say it has arrived. Was cruising round the internet when I found this site, after cleaning my bike for a track day tomorrow, (still unsure how) and hopefully it doesn't become to addictive as there is always riding to do and sometimes sleep is good!!! The best thing is I've finally found a Kiwi site for Kiwi riders - defiantely sounds like I'll be spending time here. Claire.

dangerous
22nd March 2004, 20:26
Welcome, of course and yes it is easy to wast the night on line doing next to nothing constructive here. I see that you are the second female to join up today I hope you lot arnt planning to take over here and on the streets :msn-wink:
A NZ forum is good, I find that I have more to say here than what I do on the Oz / US Guzzi sites and the UK VTR Firestorm site.

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 20:33
Welcome to the site claire :niceone: what track day are you goin to??? You better be coming to the track day at puke on the 23rd of april:niceone:

claire
22nd March 2004, 21:09
Thanks for the welcome. Going to Taupo to the Honda Riders Club Rider Training Day. Never done one before so am nervous. Don't know whether the boss will let me have another day off to go to a Track Day - especially if his new bike hasn't arrived!

Two Smoker
22nd March 2004, 21:11
Thanks for the welcome. Going to Taupo to the Honda Riders Club Rider Training Day. Never done one before so am nervous. Don't know whether the boss will let me have another day off to go to a Track Day - especially if his new bike hasn't arrived!Tell the boss to come along too lol :) its a good month away.... can you apply for leave?? We need more lady riders on the track.:rockon:

claire
22nd March 2004, 21:13
Thanks also for the welcome "dangerous", have never used one of these message board things before so hopefully I'm replying correctly!!! I don't think women are planning to take over (or thats what we'd have you believe anyway) it just seems to be a whole lot easier for women to get out there and ride. When I decided I was going to get my own bike I had heaps of support from friends who ride and even the local bike shop. Especially my partner who no longer had to carry all my stuff around as well as me when we went away on bike trips!!!

claire
22nd March 2004, 21:17
I'll have to talk nicely to the boss!! He might do the Track Day and leave me to work.

Marknz
22nd March 2004, 21:17
Hi Claire and welcome to the group.

Yep, I can just see it now. Heaps of blokes with testosterone levels going through the roof trying to impress a woman on a R1... and coming back to the pits on the back of a ute or trailor with sorry arse faces... seen it all before :yes:

claire
22nd March 2004, 21:29
Thanks for the welcome Marknz. You're probably not to far from the truth even if I've only ridden on the road. I quite often ride with a couple of chicks that live in the same area as me we do coffee at the Mount etc whenever we see blokes out and about on their bikes they either stop and chat or ride faster and more reckless than before they spotted us!!! All good fun.

Lord Pac
22nd March 2004, 21:45
Hey there- welcome to the club!:) nice bike u've inherited ;)

Holy Roller
22nd March 2004, 23:11
but don't hold that against me. I've only been riding motorcycles for a couple of years so hopefully thats not a sin either. I've just inherited my partners R1 Claire.
Welcome in Claire the waters warm.
Its not how long ones been riding its that you are just doin it :Punk:

LB
23rd March 2004, 05:41
Hi Claire - welcome to KB. We're a pretty friendly lot!

claire
23rd March 2004, 06:59
Hey there- welcome to the club!:) nice bike u've inherited ;)
Thanks for the welcome paco, its a great bike I've inherited. Rode to work on Friday and one of our suppliers thought it was new not five or six years old!!! Hope it stays looking that way!

claire
23rd March 2004, 07:00
Welcome in Claire the waters warm.
Its not how long ones been riding its that you are just doin it :Punk:
Thanks for the welcome. Some nicer weather and I'd be out there more

claire
23rd March 2004, 07:02
Hi Claire - welcome to KB. We're a pretty friendly lot!
Thanks Lynda. I'm only up this early cause I'm sooo nervous about the track day I'm going to today. When my partner goes to a track day he's excited not terrified. I suppose one I've done one I'll settle down?!!?

wari
23rd March 2004, 07:19
Howdy Clair ... :spudwave:

White trash
23rd March 2004, 08:17
Welcome, Claire.

Have fun today. That's always the aim of a trach day. :niceone:

ching_ching
23rd March 2004, 08:22
Kia ora Claire,

Welcome to our "Happy Place".

I'm usually up in Rotovegas at least once a month to pass over some hard earned cold fold to Bike Force... lately to find some riding boots to fit a short-legged big calved part Maori fulla (such riding boots are apparently hard to come by).

Have fun at the track ma seester!

ching_ching:rockon:

Deano
23rd March 2004, 08:33
Thanks Lynda. I'm only up this early cause I'm sooo nervous about the track day I'm going to today. When my partner goes to a track day he's excited not terrified. I suppose one I've done one I'll settle down?!!?

Im sure once you have done a few laps you will get in the groove and those nerves will turn to sheer excitement.

I was nervous at my first track day as well, but afterwards I could have kicked myself for not trying it sooner.

You certainly have the right weapon in the R1 - it probably weighs and handles similar to your old YZF6 but more power ?

Have a great day, looks like there might be a Wgtn contingent coming up for Pukekohe on 23 April, so look forward to seeing you there if you can get the day off !! :niceone:

Slim
23rd March 2004, 10:58
Thanks for the welcome. Going to Taupo to the Honda Riders Club Rider Training Day. Never done one before so am nervous. Don't know whether the boss will let me have another day off to go to a Track Day - especially if his new bike hasn't arrived!
My boss is at the Track Day with you on his SP2. Hope you had loads of fun & got over your initial nerves. :) I was so nervous I just about didn't go out on my first track day, but forced myself to because of the non-refundable money and after the first couple of laps, ended up having a great day! :D

Blackbird
23rd March 2004, 17:30

A warm welcome from another central North Islander!

Geoff

claire
23rd March 2004, 18:57
Howdy Clair ... :spudwave:
Howdy wari!!!

claire
23rd March 2004, 18:58
Welcome, Claire.

Have fun today. That's always the aim of a trach day. :niceone:
Hey white trash (that sounds awful doesn't it) had a great day at the track. Would even do it again!!

Marknz
23rd March 2004, 18:59
...had a great day at the track. Would even do it again!!

Tell us all about it then, though I know you'll be pretty tired after the experience.

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:01
Kia ora Claire,

Welcome to our "Happy Place".

I'm usually up in Rotovegas at least once a month to pass over some hard earned cold fold to Bike Force... lately to find some riding boots to fit a short-legged big calved part Maori fulla (such riding boots are apparently hard to come by).

Have fun at the track ma seester!

ching_ching:rockon:
Hello ching ching let me know when you're heading to Vegas again and could meet you somewhere for a coffee. hope donna sorts thouse boots out for ya - shes usually real good like that haven't been into Bikeforce for ages seem to spend too much money when I go into a bike shop.

Claire

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:03
Im sure once you have done a few laps you will get in the groove and those nerves will turn to sheer excitement.

I was nervous at my first track day as well, but afterwards I could have kicked myself for not trying it sooner.

You certainly have the right weapon in the R1 - it probably weighs and handles similar to your old YZF6 but more power ?

Have a great day, looks like there might be a Wgtn contingent coming up for Pukekohe on 23 April, so look forward to seeing you there if you can get the day off !! :niceone:
Hey Deano, your right. had a good time at the track day and hopefully can convert it to road use. the R1 is quite a bit different to the Thundercat as it was a sports tourer not a sports bike but think I've got the R1 sorted noww

Claire

Motoracer
23rd March 2004, 19:03
Hiya Clair, I must have missed this thread. With all these new members popping up, I can't keep track of which is which thread. Welcome to the site and everything. :doobey:

How was your day at the track?

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:05
My boss is at the Track Day with you on his SP2. Hope you had loads of fun & got over your initial nerves. :) I was so nervous I just about didn't go out on my first track day, but forced myself to because of the non-refundable money and after the first couple of laps, ended up having a great day! :D
Hey Slim, hope your boss had a good day at the track - I did. There were so many SP Honda's there I don't know which one he was. I'm sure he'll know who I was the lack of woman and the only R1 for most of the day would give it away.

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:07
A warm welcome from another central North Islander!

Geoff
Hey Geoff , over in Tokoroa a bit have some friends over there. Do you know Robin and Ray at the Yamaha shop?

Claire

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:08
Yeh getting a little tired now, stopped amping a bit. Not much to tell really had a great day and I need a new rear tyre.

Claire

claire
23rd March 2004, 19:10
Hiya Clair, I must have missed this thread. With all these new members popping up, I can't keep track of which is which thread. Welcome to the site and everything. :doobey:

How was your day at the track?
Hey Motoracer
thanks for the welcom etc. Great day at the track
claire

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2004, 00:00
Hey Claire! Yet another bloody welcome is what your probably thinking... but no... Just a Whassup over Vegas ways? :) (i do try to be different :))

claire
24th March 2004, 09:00
Hey Claire! Yet another bloody welcome is what your probably thinking... but no... Just a Whassup over Vegas ways? :) (i do try to be different :))
Hi Kwaka kid, welcomes are all good. Friendly lot aren't you. I must say this site is extremely addictive and stops the important stuff getting done!!! Not much happening here in Vegas but i can tell you work is a bit of an anti-climax after a track day.

Claire

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2004, 11:44
tell me about it :( i gotta go to work in a few hours, at least i got another coat of paint on the racebike tank/panels. :) yay!!!

Firefight
24th March 2004, 15:48
Hi Claire, yes another welcome :wavey: great to have another yam rider to swell the numbers @ KB, when does your boss get his 04 ?, A couple of us ride down your way on a semi regular basis, we'll pm you next time were throwing a sicky :doctor: ,,

Firefight :crazy:

KATWYN
24th March 2004, 17:30
Hi Claire, welcome.
Awesome bike you have.

Where is Rotovegas?? I've never heard of the place

Two Smoker
24th March 2004, 17:33
Hi Claire, welcome.
Awesome bike you have.

Where is Rotovegas?? I've never heard of the placeRotovagas = Rotorua :niceone:

claire
tell me about it :( i gotta go to work in a few hours, at least i got another coat of paint on the racebike tank/panels. :) yay!!!
Hey kwaka-kid jsut think of it as going to work to pay for the next coat of paint!!!!and the racing no doubt

Claire

Joni
Hey Claire - any girl on a R1 I respect - my feet dont touch the tar! thats why I am a 400 girl.

pete376403
24th March 2004, 17:34
Another name for Rotorua. Wanganui is sometimes known as Wangavegas. Think its supposed to mean a superficial, bright-lights tourist trap type of town (Wanganui??)

claire
24th March 2004, 17:36
hey firefight

thanks for the welcome. the 04 is supposed to be here the end of March so anytime soon no doubt. we got the price monday so they must have landed or something I suppose they just have to assemble and distribute them if thats how it works. Definately let us know when you're heading this way always into catching up with other bike people

Claire

claire
24th March 2004, 17:37
Hi Claire, welcome.
Awesome bike you have.

Where is Rotovegas?? I've never heard of the place
Hey Katwyn

thanks for the welcome and two smoker already sorted out the vegas thing for me before I got to it. too quick. you must have a pretty sharp bike yourself!

Claire

KATWYN
24th March 2004, 17:38
Another name for Rotorua. Wanganui is sometimes known as Wangavegas. Think its supposed to mean a superficial, bright-lights tourist trap type of town (Wanganui??)

Oh ok. cheers :apint:

Two Smoker
24th March 2004, 17:38
hey firefight

thanks for the welcome. the 04 is supposed to be here the end of March so anytime soon no doubt. we got the price monday so they must have landed or something I suppose they just have to assemble and distribute them if thats how it works. Definately let us know when you're heading this way always into catching up with other bike people

Claire
Gotta like the 04 R1's 168kmh in first gear hehehe.... Mine does tht only in fifth:(

claire
24th March 2004, 17:40
Hey Claire - any girl on a R1 I respect - my feet dont touch the tar! thats why I am a 400 girl.
Hey Joni.

anyone out there and riding deserves respect it can be dangerous out there. I don't have any trouble with touching the tar as you put it. I am so tall I'd look hilarious on a 400

Claire

KATWYN
24th March 2004, 17:41
Hey Katwyn

thanks for the welcome and two smoker already sorted out the vegas thing for me before I got to it. too quick. you must have a pretty sharp bike yourself!

Claire

cheers thanks Claire. Hubby rides a 99 R1 I ride the R6. His tongue hangs out
at the 04 R1 so your man is lucky!

Yes happy with the R6, awesome bike. So you enjoyed the track huh?

claire
24th March 2004, 17:42
Gotta like the 04 R1's 168kmh in first gear hehehe.... Mine does tht only in fifth:(
Don't know whether I'll get to ride the 04 for a while. Are you doing your license at the moment? or is the 150 a race bike? If its a license thing you must be itching to get a bigger bike I only rode my 250 for a thousand miles before I sold it and moved up. Hassel borrowing bikes for license test though!!

Claire

Two Smoker
24th March 2004, 17:45
Don't know whether I'll get to ride the 04 for a while. Are you doing your license at the moment? or is the 150 a race bike? If its a license thing you must be itching to get a bigger bike I only rode my 250 for a thousand miles before I sold it and moved up. Hassel borrowing bikes for license test though!!

ClaireYep im very much itching for a bigger bike because of licence problems :( I use the RG150 as a road bike and track bike, at the mo im looking for a RGV250 to keep up with the 400's,

Stupid Licence:angry2:!!!!

ive rideen my RG150 for about 8-9000 kays in the past 3 and a half months lol...

claire
24th March 2004, 17:46
Hey Katwyn

your garage sounds like it looks something like ours. His 04 is a little late coming unfortunately he wanted a new one a couple of years ago but I decided to learn to ride. Stuffed it up a bit for him so he can't wait to get it I keep telling him luck has nothing to do with it!!!

Yeah liked the track day recommend it to anyone to get out and do. Great for the confidence. I though about buying an R6 when I bought my thundercat but was a little intimidated by it since I was just getting off my 250.

Claire

claire
24th March 2004, 17:49
Yep im very much itching for a bigger bike because of licence problems :( I use the RG150 as a road bike and track bike, at the mo im looking for a RGV250 to keep up with the 400's,

Stupid Licence:angry2:!!!!

ive rideen my RG150 for about 8-9000 kays in the past 3 and a half months lol...
I was real pissed with my 250 after 4 months sold it and bought the 600 never got pulled up or anything but had some anxious moments out there. All good now though I got a full license so I was allowed to ride the R1. Good deal i thought

Claire

KATWYN
24th March 2004, 17:54
Actually when I brought the R6 ( :love: ) after selling the cbr250, I didn't
get on it for 3 - 4 days.......It just sat there looking pretty until I was brave
enough to get on (mind you it was a wet 3- 4 days!) :sweatdrop

claire
24th March 2004, 19:51
Actually when I brought the R6 ( :love: ) after selling the cbr250, I didn't
get on it for 3 - 4 days.......It just sat there looking pretty until I was brave
enough to get on (mind you it was a wet 3- 4 days!) :sweatdrop
It was wet when I bought my 600 too. But I went out and rode anyway. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm brave or stupid doing this motorcling thing

Claire

Kwaka-Kid
25th March 2004, 01:08
hey claire im with you there! 'cept its usually about bald old tyres in the wet, and YAY i finally replaced the front tyre on my street bike 2 days ago.. no more "ohh no the rain, take it away take it away!" i swear it got so bad id only have to touch the front brake and it floated! :S and that shatterd my confidence in the dry with that front tyre.

Two Smoker
25th March 2004, 16:07
hey claire im with you there! 'cept its usually about bald old tyres in the wet, and YAY i finally replaced the front tyre on my street bike 2 days ago.. no more "ohh no the rain, take it away take it away!" i swear it got so bad id only have to touch the front brake and it floated! :S and that shatterd my confidence in the dry with that front tyre.
Hey KK did you get a Sport Demon to match the back??????

Indiana_Jones
25th March 2004, 21:01

Mine can't even get upto that in 6th :confused2
but FXR is cool :baby:

-Indy

Two Smoker
25th March 2004, 21:18

-Indy
So if it was a race between a R1 (can't change out of 1st) and a FXR (can thrash it as hard as it goes, if that is possible????) and a RG150 (which can't use 6th gear) does that mean i win :) lol

Kwaka-Kid
26th March 2004, 01:16
yep sport demon front, yay for being able to pull brakes as hard as poss and not have the front wheel slide even in the dry! but those 2 pot calipers might be replaced with some tokico 4potts i just found in the garage, thats if i beat dad to mounting them on my bike and not his GS!

claire
27th March 2004, 10:09
Haven't had the pleasure of bald tyres a bit too paraniod that they are the only things connecting me too the road!! Keeps me broke though motorbike tyres aren't the cheapest accessory a girl can buy!!

Claire

claire
27th March 2004, 10:11

-Indy
Pretty sad when you can get the bike conficsacted in 1st gear isn't it. Damn this no tolerance thing.

Claire

Indiana_Jones
28th March 2004, 12:23
So if it was a race between a R1 (can't change out of 1st) and a FXR (can thrash it as hard as it goes, if that is possible????) and a RG150 (which can't use 6th gear) does that mean i win :) lol

lol, you would win :bleh:
But let's not forget yours is 2-stroke is it not?

-Indy

Two Smoker
28th March 2004, 12:50
lol, you would win :bleh:
But let's not forget yours is 2-stroke is it not?

-Indy
Ofcourse its a two stroke lol..... thats why i leave so many 4 strokes behind....... (upto 250cc)

Kwaka-Kid
28th March 2004, 22:46
Two Smoker was that pic of u in ur avatar taken on the uphill banked right hander on Lovers Lane in the Domain?

fzr400rr
1st April 2004, 10:36
but don't hold that against me. I've only been riding motorcycles for a couple of years so hopefully thats not a sin either. I've just inherited my partners R1 (a bit scary really) and had to part with my lovely YZF600R so hopefully I've made the right choice with which one to keep. Chris has ordered a new R1 and is being very patient waiting for the call and say it has arrived. Was cruising round the internet when I found this site, after cleaning my bike for a track day tomorrow, (still unsure how) and hopefully it doesn't become to addictive as there is always riding to do and sometimes sleep is good!!! The best thing is I've finally found a Kiwi site for Kiwi riders - defiantely sounds like I'll be spending time here. Claire.

:argh: Tooo much talk of such awesome bikes in so smaller time.... I want an R1, I want an R1 now :laugh:

claire
2nd April 2004, 09:04
:argh: Tooo much talk of such awesome bikes in so smaller time.... I want an R1, I want an R1 now :laugh:
Go and buy an R1 then!!!! They're getting cheap now there's a new model coming out.....