PDA

View Full Version : K5 Gixxer thou test with magic mirrors

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 07:15
The part about the magic mirrors has been edited as the story may have incriminated me...

I took a test ride on a K5 GSX-R1000 on the weekend to see how mental they are for myself.

Ok so I took it out on the open rode for a good ol "thrash the bitch" session. There is no doubt about it, it is farken fast!!. The things I liked about it were outright acceleration, its size (felt like I was riding something the size of a 250 but on mega steroids), it pulls the wheel up easier than any other bike I have tested, the riding position is bloody awesome! much nicer than my blade. This bike gets an A+ for thrill factor....Awesome bike if you like scaring yourself!! :yes:

The only thing I didn't really like about it was the 2 tank slappers I got while accelerating hard out of 2nd and 3rd passing cars over a rough surface and it didn't feel all that stable while cornering fast over a rough surface (may have just been the suspension setup though).

I like the factory fitted magic mirrors and they are so easy to operate... If you see pretty red and blue lights flashing in the mirrors just twist your right hand around and hold it there and you will actually see the pretty lights get smaller and smaller in the mirrors and then they actually vanish altogether.

Overall, an awesome bike and would definitely own one!.

SimJen
23rd January 2006, 07:23
Not a good idea posting that on a public forum........hopefully the cops don't ask KB for your IP details and track you down. Could be worth a bit of money to them if they wanted to do it. 200+ = $1500+, Failure to stop $$$$ list goes on.

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 07:27
Yeah good idea Simjen. Will edit it now.

Colapop
23rd January 2006, 07:29
If nothing else it was a bit of adrenaline for you. I neither condone nor condemn this post....:wavey:

OOOooo the cleaners have been in... In that case then Wow!! What an awesome machine! Still liked the magic mirrors though.

beyond
23rd January 2006, 07:39
Yep, I took one for a test when they first came out and that would be the second bike I own in my garage just to use for the weekend flog :)

Bloody great bikes and go like hell. A lead weight on the front would be nice.

terbang
23rd January 2006, 07:41
Not a good idea posting that on a public forum........hopefully the cops don't ask KB for your IP details and track you down. Could be worth a bit of money to them if they wanted to do it. 200+ = $1500+, Failure to stop $$$$ list goes on.

Ah bollocks they would never get it to stick as a post like this is not a statement and could be full of poetic licence..

Keeper
23rd January 2006, 08:56
Yeah, for the pure reason any twat like me can tell you about how yesterday on a 250cc ZXR I passed a cop at 330kph and then ran for it... :apumpin:

MidnightMike
23rd January 2006, 09:04
Crazy death machines they is :wacko: Got to wrestle the front wheel to keep it down, if its necessary of course.

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 09:17
You are a sweetie, making sure that Sarah's new bike is upto standard!!!

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 09:26
Nice one Grahameeboy, yep she still wants to get one of her own...

cowpoos
23rd January 2006, 10:28
who's the fit lookin chik in your avatar.... :stoogie:

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 10:30
Thats my missus Sarah.

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 10:36
who's the fit lookin chik in your avatar.... :stoogie:

Too fit for you Mr CowPoos.....better stick to the 'Homes'.....he he:msn-wink:

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 10:37
Thats my missus Sarah.

Congragulations....when is the wedding.....!!!:buggerd:

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 10:44
Geez your a comedian today aren't ya Grahame :rofl: No plans or thoughts of wedding at this point.

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 10:51
Geez your a comedian today aren't ya Grahame :rofl: No plans or thoughts of wedding at this point.

....mmmmmm....that is not what she told me last night............mind you most of the time she was say...ew ew catona......she was not very coherant...:motu:

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 10:55
And dreams are still free :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: hahaha

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 10:57
And dreams are still free :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: hahaha

Yep.....my wallet was still on the bed side cabinet when she left......:killingme

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 10:59
Oh nah you must have had her clone there cause last night she was cooking my crayfish for dinner then washed my bike.:motu:

SVrunner
23rd January 2006, 13:27
So bye bye Honda,
hello Suzuki:
Or is this a start of a collection?

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 13:29
Due to current financial status, I will be keeping the Honda until next year. Once its time to say goodbye to the Blade it will be a toss up between the ZX10R and the GSX-R1000.

The_Dover
23rd January 2006, 13:30
Oh nah you must have had her clone there cause last night she was cooking my crayfish for dinner then washed my bike.:motu:

I gotta say, she does cook a mean crayfish but she did miss a spot on my K6 last time she scrubbed it for me.

She scratched the bastard too.......

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 13:31
Sorry about that Dover, I will ask her to take the stones out of her polishing cloth next time mate. I do apologise for that.

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 13:32
Sorry about that Dover, I will ask her to take the stones out of her polishing cloth next time mate. I do apologise for that.

Nah....I think it was the high heels she was wearing at the time!!

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 13:33

No, you must have had the clone if she did what she was told..he he

The_Dover
23rd January 2006, 13:35

No sweat mate. The last time I polished my bike I used SH22 (or an offshoot of) and that shit ain't smooth.

Fishy
23rd January 2006, 13:36
Now thats some funny shit, you deserve a green bling!.

cowpoos
23rd January 2006, 13:41
Thats my missus Sarah.

can you get her to clean my bike too.....I'll take her for a ride afterwards as a reward :devil2:

Grahameeboy
23rd January 2006, 13:45
can you get her to clean my bike too.....I'll take her for a ride afterwards as a reward :devil2:

that's a reward!!!!!!!

cowpoos
23rd January 2006, 21:38
that's a reward!!!!!!!

yep.....everyone's DONE Poo's :not: