PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all Aucklanders

MrMelon
22nd March 2004, 22:17
I'm going to be up there on the bike from Friday morning till probably Saturday or Sunday some time. Anyone keen for meeting up and going for a bit of a blast?
I'll probably be staying on the shore.

I'm going to try and ride up to Kerikeri and back on sunday/monday too, so anyone who wants to come up for a bit should feel free :D

I'm leaving Welly on Wednesday morning some time. Planning on going to Palmy first for a couple of hours, then on to Tauranga for the night. I'll be going to Huntly on Thursday morning, then on to Hamilton on Thursday afternoon for the night. Should be arriving in Auckland on Friday morning.

Ms Piggy
22nd March 2004, 22:47
Hey Glenn,

Have a blast! :Punk:

I wish blue skies, a warm breeze (not wind) and dry roads!

:apint: Cheers!

curious george
22nd March 2004, 23:54
Hey Glenn, good to see the bike going. Give us a call, I'm probably about on the weekend

Kwaka-Kid
22nd March 2004, 23:54
hey dude you mean this coming weekend yeah? :( sucks dude! im heading to tauranga on saturday then leaving down to taupo sunday to race. damn that sucks the weekend u choose is one i actually have off but msut spend thrashing an old heap of honda bits around a track :( next time. wait reading more, and thinking more, i have friday off, was going to spend it working on racebike, if i get stuff done b4 then i MAY be keen, if not and you know ur gunna b out west aucks just give us a pm and pop in for a coffee, or if you need a place to stay the night.

Cheers,
Logan

fzr400rr
23rd March 2004, 10:04
You gottttttta go the Napier - Taupo road if ya know what's good for ya!!!! :Pokey:

Hitcher
23rd March 2004, 10:49
Argh!! I'm doing it really hard -- day two back at work after two weeks riding... And it's fine outside... I wanna go ride!!

LB
24th March 2004, 05:45
Argh!! I'm doing it really hard -- day two back at work after two weeks riding... And it's fine outside... I wanna go ride!!
I heard a rumour you've got a cute lunch date on Wednesday, that'll help get you through.........

Ms Piggy
25th March 2004, 19:59
Has anyone heard from Glenn or know how far he is on his journey?

Jealous people want to know! :msn-wink:

Indiana_Jones
25th March 2004, 20:51
I'm on the shore :niceone:
Boo-yah :whocares:

-Indy

MrMelon
25th March 2004, 22:40
Hey, I'm up on the shore at the moment. Got to tauranga last night at about 9pm after meeting up with a dude on an rs125 just comming out of welly on wednesday morning. Looks like his engine seized about 10km's south of Palmy, so I stuck around with him for a bit while the AA came.

Had a nice cop free journey after leaving palmy at about 4.

Took the long road to work this morning.. went from tauranga, up to waihi then on to whangamata, and across to thames. Those roads are pretty awesome there, I might have to head back there in the weekend :D

Me and sheep dags are free all tomorrow, so we're looking for some places to ride and people to ride with. So if anyone's feelin like coming for a ride tomorrow give me a pm or something.

Firefight
26th March 2004, 18:34
:crazy: What a great day for a ride, Mr melon, sheep dags, and myself meet up outside botanical gardens at Manurewa, quick blat down the back to Clevedon, grab some fuel, and over the hill to Hunua road, up past 750ys place Ararimu, over the motorway, old GRS Ramarama, bombay, harrisville, Tuakau, H/way 22, down to glen murray, fill up the thirsty two strokes, off again down 22, ,stopped at Vadis corner, and back the way we came, then a detour via Pukekawa, to mercer, shit pie and crappy coffee later, back across SHW 0ne, up over the railway tracks on the backroad from mercer airstrip,down to h/way 2, off at Paparimu road, back to hunua, over the hill to clevedon, around the water front to Duders beach, Maraetai, Whitford, and stop at Manukau, Me off to wrk , them off on another misson, great day, neat ride, thanks guys, good to meet you both, now I know why I love shift work, ye ha, :crazy:

Firefight :crazy:

Two Smoker
26th March 2004, 18:38
Damn that sounded like a great ride!!! I wish i could have come, but nnooooooooo ive got stupid work:angry2: and ive also got stupid work tomorrow :angry2: So how about sunday?? who's going for a ride on sunday??? Posh Tourer and Milky are studying :angry2:

MrMelon
27th March 2004, 08:05
Yeah that was an awesome ride alright! Love those roads around there. Me and Sheep Dags have got the same bike, except his used about twice as much gas as mine :O But we're going to try and fix his cold starting problem up today, so we'll be up for a ride on sunday, maybe over to the coromandel for the day or something if anyone's keen to come along :D

It was good to meet you too Dave :D