PDA

View Full Version : Burned plastic on exhaust pipe...

MeHigh
24th January 2006, 11:38
I have some burned plastic on the exhaust pipe (from the cover and boots). Anyone knows how to remove it and not scrape the chrome? I have tried the oven cleaner but no joy! Some friend of mine have some tough solvent, but I chickened out to try it on me perfect chrome .

Fishy
24th January 2006, 11:41
Possibly autosol or silvo or brasso? all of these are metal polishers and should get it off.

merv
24th January 2006, 18:24
I swear by Simoniz Liquid Diamond car polish to get crap off of all painted, plastic (except matt black) and chrome surfaces. Just rub hard if it is slow to move and apply it a few times if you have to. It was going half price in Repco's sale last week - not sure if that sale is over yet.

If that fails (which I doubt) try one of those soft type kitchen pot cleaning mits, the round ones that look a bit like a small hairnet. They aren't as abrasive as the more metal ones. Rub it wet over the spot with the burnt stuff - it will come off.

Buster
24th January 2006, 18:31
Try meths or even paint thinners. These are non abrasive solvents if you use a soft rag. They will melt away the plastic mess with no worries

Vagabond
24th January 2006, 19:26
Autosol had the same on my pipes, works a treat!

MeHigh
25th January 2006, 09:09
Tnaks guys for the ideas!