PDA

View Full Version : Should i

vj paul
24th January 2006, 14:13
Looking seriously at purchacing this bike, what do you guys think.88 fxrs-sp.
40.000km ex police bike on trademe.Thanks in advance http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-45799082.htm

sabbath
24th January 2006, 14:42
Looking seriously at purchacing this bike, what do you guys think.88 fxrs-sp.
40.000km ex police bike on trademe.Thanks in advance http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-45799082.htm
wouldnt jump at it mate..it's getting on the old side now..look around..i found a 94convertable similer k's for 16k..looking at the pic theres nouthing exceptional about it..it's nice but seen better for similler price or less.

Fishy
24th January 2006, 14:45
Keep the RGV mate!.

**R1**
24th January 2006, 14:51
:sick: :puke: mate i have seen way better hardleys around, they aint my cup o t, but that is ugly...IMHO, keep looking and keep saving

Jackrat
24th January 2006, 16:07
I like HD's but I wouldn't touch that thing with a barge pole.
It's nowhere near being collectable it's been messed with to much for that.
I had an S&S carb on my FLT,,,,there not a very good carb but suckers still buy them for the name.
It's basicly a stock motor so why does it have S&s cases at such low Kms??
One carefull HH owner huh??

vj paul
24th January 2006, 16:32
Thanks for the replys, I wont go for it,if anyone see something worth looking at let me know, I will be keeping the rgv thou, thanks again.

Jackrat
24th January 2006, 17:46
Thanks for the replys, I wont go for it,if anyone see something worth looking at let me know, I will be keeping the rgv thou, thanks again.
Paul,I think if your really keen on an HD then you'd be better off ignoring Trade me.Word of mouth got me both my Harleys and I didn't have to pay anything like what people on TR are asking.
Contact people from HOG or any of the small social clubs that have HD riding membership and you should get better offers than a Sus' FXR for that kind of money.
Consider these prices that I payed.
1980 FLT,fully rebuilt from ground up with all the good gear, $10,000
1996 XLH totaly stock with minor road rash "the yuppy fell off and couldn't get rid of it fast enough" $5000
I was a member of an HD only club when I bought both those bikes,but anybody asking would of got them for the same prices.

Troll
27th January 2006, 18:27
I like HD's but I wouldn't touch that thing with a barge pole.

I had an S&S carb on my FLT,,,,there not a very good carb

had an s&s on my FLHT for 9 years

great carb and a lot better than the crap keihin fitted by the factory

with all the other aftermarket carbs on the market if the s&s was crap theywould have lost market share a long time ago

Colapop
27th January 2006, 18:30
A guy at work was checking out Harley's for sale in the States with the ycurrency exchange and freight he was saying he could get a '02 (can't remember what) landed for about $25k. Does that sound right? What an equivalent price for a '02 bike here?

Jackrat
28th January 2006, 09:21
had an s&s on my FLHT for 9 years

great carb and a lot better than the crap keihin fitted by the factory

with all the other aftermarket carbs on the market if the s&s was crap theywould have lost market share a long time ago

As I said I had one on my FLT,a B series,it was OK but on a more modern bike,why would you? Market share????LOL S&S make damn side more than just old tech carbs.:laugh:

Troll
28th January 2006, 13:45
As I said I had one on my FLT,a B series,:

the E is a lot better carb than the b which is what I have been running

superbowl make a pumper kit for the B which aparantly makes the B a whole lot better

Jackrat
28th January 2006, 13:57
the E is a lot better carb than the b which is what I have been running

superbowl make a pumper kit for the B which aparantly makes the B a whole lot better

Hey mate,glad you like your carb bike ect.
I was just giving my view on that particular bike.
I do know that S&S make top performance parts,a lot of my old FLT was in fact S&S.
Being an AMF bike it had to be;)

Troll
28th January 2006, 14:13
agree with your view on that bike it was a real dogs breakfast

88 was a good year if left alone but that example had had a hard life