PDA

View Full Version : road markings

Angry Puppy
23rd March 2004, 11:29
I've noticed that when I change lanes in the car, those little metal lane deviders stand out so far they make the CD in my car jump! In the UK we have 'Cat's eyes' which sink in to the ground when you drive over them.

Now, what ever the road markings, it's obviously better to ride between them than over them, but those metal studs barely have a bike length between the groupings and I sertainly wouldn't want to filter on top of those bastards!

So what do you guys think? what are your experiences with motorway lane deviders?

FB

Rocket
23rd March 2004, 11:36
arnt the sucken ones sposed to just be visual while the ones here in new zealand are sposed to be visual (reflective) as well as annoying and loud when you ride over them incase you are unaware of the lan change or fall asleep?

riffer
23rd March 2004, 11:43
I sertainly wouldn't want to filter on top of those bastards!
Actually they're not as slippery as you think. Just hit 'em head on and you're fine.

I find in the wet my front gets a bit slippery though going over them sideways...

Coldkiwi
23rd March 2004, 11:50
yeah, they're mainly just a pain to me when trying to brake hard while filtering. i'm trying to educate myself to stay to either side of them while splitting as it really upsets the stability of the whole ship under brakes

Slingshot
23rd March 2004, 13:46
While lane splitting I prefer to treat them as a slalom :whistle:

Hitcher
23rd March 2004, 15:44
I have no idea what "those little metal dividers" are?? Is this just an Auckland thang, perhaps?

bungbung
23rd March 2004, 15:49
The domed white ones you used to get on the mway, cats eye followed by 4 or 5 domes, gap, cats eye 4 or 5 domes

*oooo *oooo *oooo *oooo

kind of thing

Hitcher
23rd March 2004, 16:29
The domed white ones you used to get on the mway, cats eye followed by 4 or 5 domes, gap, cats eye 4 or 5 domes

*oooo *oooo *oooo *oooo

kind of thing

Ahhhh! I now understand.

Wenier
23rd March 2004, 16:44
yea those things real piss me off when splitting. the whole bike does the bumpin thing real annoying