PDA

View Full Version : Irony

What?
24th February 2003, 05:54
Yesterday saw three events on: Westpac Helicopter Charity Ride, Post Classics at Puke and Battle of the Streets at Gisborne. As I have failed to master the art of being in more than one place at once, I tossed a three-sided coin and went to the Posties. Good day apart from the crap weather and the fact that most people (racers) went to Gisborne... And there were about seven spectators - still, it made for great photo oppportunities.

Unfortunately, and perhaps ironically, the Westapac helibird was required to attend the Posties after a MacIntosh rider (Mitchell???) lost his front end under brakes going in to the hairpin. Fortunately, he came to (was out to it) and is OK, but the bike suffered a bit having done some acrobatics of its' own once riderless.:(

Then I went home to find the Kaimai road closed due to a fatal car smash a couple of K's past my abode, so I managed to get home, albeit for 5 Km on the wrong side of the road past all the back-logged traffic. Had to feel for the poor buggers with a car load of kids stuck in the queue in the rain for four hours. Damn, bikes are good!:done:

duke
24th February 2003, 11:23
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">The clash of dates is not good and needs sorting out.&nbsp; I had a great time at Pukekohe - thanks for the photos SpankMe.&nbsp;

Billy Mitchel's crash was a bad one.&nbsp; I saw the disaster unfold from&nbsp;a vantage point on the back straight.&nbsp; I had broken down in the previous race so watched the next race (Pre '82 Open) from the kink.&nbsp; Billy&nbsp;lost the front end under braking and went down.&nbsp; He was travelling pretty fast, probably braking from about 250kph - I am doing 200kph on my&nbsp;Pantah at that point before&nbsp;I start braking.

&nbsp;I saw&nbsp;Billy's bike slide down the track towards the hairpin then across the grass.&nbsp; It still had a lot of momentum and threw up a lot of dirt.&nbsp; Billy took a long time to come around.&nbsp; I hope he gets well soon.

Apart from Billy's crash the meeting ran well.&nbsp; It was good to see some of the National Chapionship contenders riding some extremely rapid&nbsp;Post Classic bikes.

The NZPCRA will be reviewing what to do for next years event as I think some changes are necessary.

I've got to sort out why my bike is stuck in a false neutral between 4th and 5th gear.&nbsp; Next meeting is Taupo in March

&nbsp;

the duke #8&nbsp;</SPAN>