PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair in Wgtn area

matthewt
23rd March 2004, 16:01
Can anyone recommend a leather repair shop in the greater Wellington region ??

It's for a leather M/C jacket which isn't that bad but I need someone to look at it and let me know what can be done. I thought there was a place in Upper Hutt but can't seem to find it.

Cheers,

White trash
23rd March 2004, 16:18
Good place in Marjoriebanks St called Modern Shoe and bag repairs. Fixes heaps of my crash repairs.

James Deuce
23rd March 2004, 16:32
European Leathercare

67 Scholes La Petone Lower Hutt
0-4-566 2001

Jim2

darren
23rd March 2004, 16:54
jeoffery chandel
in carterton

he started his business in making motorbike
suits if you take it to lower hutt
they will send it to him anyway

he has a full factory up there

his name is

trunos

Darren

pete376403
23rd March 2004, 17:06
You were probably looking for Edsers in Pine Avenue but they look live they have closed. Pity, they repaired a pair of boots for me that I was sure were beyond salvage.

Pickle
23rd March 2004, 20:36
Try Dusty from Leda Leathers, he lives in Stokes Valley Ph 934 6510
Does repairs for Darbi's
Jim I had a pair of leather trousers repaired by European Leathercare and the first rally I went to the repair fell out as they fixed it with some form of epoxy. They are great with furniture but would not recommend them for bike gear.

pete376403
23rd March 2004, 20:43
Is Leda still going? Cripes, I have the first full set of leathers he ever made - prior to that he had just made jackets and so on. They were supposed to cost $100 but I only had $95 so he left it go at that. They have been back once for a new zip and a patch on the left knee. They got well used on Te Marua and other dirt tracks for over 16 years. The left knee is juuuust about worn through again, but apart from that they are in pretty good shape, colours - blue trous, red top with white arms - still bright. I note they have shrunk a bit over the years :rolleyes:

LB
24th March 2004, 06:11
Yep, Dusty/Leda is still going strong - he also works in cordura now too. A really great guy. I'd try him. (is this for the Alpine Stars Hanmer Special jacket?) (opps, sorry Matt.... :Oops: )

matthewt
24th March 2004, 09:31
Yep, Dusty/Leda is still going strong - he also works in cordura now too. A really great guy. I'd try him. (is this for the Alpine Stars Hanmer Special jacket?) (opps, sorry Matt.... :Oops: )

Yes it is for the Alpinestars jacket. I had a look at it a couple of days ago and it's actually survived very well. Only 2 minor bits and the rest is fine so I might give Dusty a ring.

Thanks for all the people that responded.

MD
24th September 2007, 18:56
How's that I used the search to resurrect this old post.

For those looking for somewhere around Wellington to do motorcycle leather repairs this shop in Hagley St, Porirua did a bang up job for a reasonable price.

For $80 I had both lower leg zips replaced (one zip broke so I did both just in case) and the waist band vecro strap replaced/strengthened. Considering how hard it is to turn these pants inside out, remove the existing stitching & lining etc, that seemed fair to me.

VXRider
27th September 2007, 19:13
You were probably looking for Edsers in Pine Avenue but they look live they have closed. Pity, they repaired a pair of boots for me that I was sure were beyond salvage.

Edsers are now 8 Princes St Upper Hutt 528 3847.

The shoe repair shop in the Wellington Railway station is excellent for any work on bike clothing. We have had two pairs of cordura trousers altered there and also a pair of gloves repaired. All the work was well done and reasonably priced.

Grub
27th September 2007, 19:25
If you're in the Kapiti area, have a talk to Spittie (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=5575). He is a) A Tailor b) A KB'er c) A good guy d) Does cordura and some leather work too. He has fixed up the holes in my cordura gear from two bins and has done leather for my neighbour. all good quality work.

chanceyy
27th September 2007, 19:27
If you're in the Kapiti area, have a talk to Spittie (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=5575). He is a) A Tailor b) A KB'er c) A good guy d) Does cordura and some leather work too. He has fixed up the holes in my cordura gear from two bins and has done leather for my neighbour. all good quality work.

Ditto on Grubs post .. he does good work :yes:

Ivan
27th September 2007, 20:42
Go to Paihiatua Sam Fitzgerald he is awsome, real good sorta guy got my service from now on,

New leathers will be brought from him, he impressed me