PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! - Going to the Hutt?

Groins_NZ
25th January 2006, 15:21
Afternoon All,

Just been advised of the following information:

At 4pm this afternoon the Trust House Cycle Race is being held in the Central Business District of Lower Hutt. Queens Drive and High Street from Laings Road up to Waterloo Road will be closed along with Knights Road from Lanigs Road up to and including Bunny Street.

Traffic into Lower Hutt will be effected from both Petone and the Hutt Motorway heading into the Hutt this will also be compounded by the poor weather conditions we are experiencing at the moment.

If you live in the Hutt you may want to head home early or stay later and wait for the traffic to clear.
There have been two accidents heading North out of town causing major delays to our services.
One at Horokiwi heading out to the Hutt causing traffic to back up as far as the Aotea Quay on ramp. The other Accident is at the Churton Park on ramp which is also backed up as far as the Aotea on ramp.

If you are driving/riding home tonight please drive/ride safely.

sels1
25th January 2006, 15:27
Just as well its not Thursday (TRTNR)!
Say Groins, have you shifted?

Groins_NZ
25th January 2006, 15:34
Just as well its not Thursday (TRTNR)!
Say Groins, have you shifted?

Ya mun, just before Christmas. I preferred riding to/from work on the Other Side though...

Jamezo
25th January 2006, 18:19
Oh, I thought this would be a warning to people to wear an approved face-mask so as to not get some exotic disease from the local bogans.

Wasp
25th January 2006, 23:23
weird, i didnt see anything all day.... not even after work... and i live up melling hills and work opposite maccas =/

you sure this happened?!

Groins_NZ
26th January 2006, 11:42
Yeah not sure mate. Wasn't much worse than it normally is when I went home arund 4:30 - could have been someone just getting over excited?

Deano
26th January 2006, 12:41
Yeah not sure mate. Wasn't much worse than it normally is when I went home arund 4:30 - could have been someone just getting over excited?

A mate reckons it took him an hour to drive from Belmont to the mall and up to Maungaraki.