PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim learn to ride

phoenixgtr
26th January 2006, 08:32
Hey all

My sister recently got herself a bike and she seriously needs some help learning to ride it. Shes based in Blenheim and I live in Wellington, so I obviously cant help her. (She prob wouldn't listen to me anyway and I'd just end up teaching her my bad habits).

She wants to do a learn to ride course but noone runs one in Blenheim except she heard from somewhere that a guy goes over from Nelson to take some courses.

Anyone from Blenheim or Nelson know anything about this?

Otherwise she might end up going to Nelson to do a course. Anyone know who runs the courses in Nelson?

Cheers

Sniper
26th January 2006, 11:12
Get a hold of zeRax or Stevo. Couple of other good fellows there. Shadow may be of help, I have never met him, but he sounds a good sort.

phoenixgtr
26th January 2006, 11:15
Cheers Snipe

zeRax
30th January 2006, 18:51
Hi ,there, i dont know of any courses anywhere so im not much help in that respect, but i could do what i can to help if u have any other ideas, i will be moving to nelson in 2 weeks thou :o

does your sister have a bike yet? how old is she if u dont mind me asking? ive seen a young girl pillioning around with some guy on a cbr lately, the cbr i hadnt seen much of and nor the guy.

zxr's cranking hardcore now and goes like a rocket :D

btw biker girls rule, i must know who ur sister is !

Sniper
31st January 2006, 12:23
btw biker girls rule, i must know who ur sister is !
I rephrase that, maybe Stevo is a better option for your sis.

phoenixgtr
31st January 2006, 12:29
does your sister have a bike yet? how old is she if u dont mind me asking? ive seen a young girl pillioning around with some guy on a cbr lately, the cbr i hadnt seen much of and nor the guy.

That wont be her on the cbr. She flat out refuses to pillion. Don't know what her problem is. She bought an FXR like mine but she's hardly ridden it so you wont have seen her around riding

Tried to help her get organised to go to chch to learn but christmas will come before she gets there.

phoenixgtr
31st January 2006, 12:31
zeRax, how long you been in Blenheim? I grew up there. Came to Welly for uni

Sniper
31st January 2006, 13:16
In which case Phoenix, I might know you. You go to MBC?

phoenixgtr
1st February 2006, 12:06
Sorry, only just saw this reply. Yes, MBC

zeRax
1st February 2006, 16:53
whats ur name captain phoenixgtr, sniper and i both went to mbc, i was a short little git back then

now im just a short bastardfuck of doom ;D

ZorsT
2nd February 2006, 21:00
I just stumbled across this thread.

I could make a few trips over to the blenhole to teach if it was required. I'm still much of a learner but. (6 months riding)

zeRax
2nd February 2006, 21:03
where abouts is she at? can she ride it? basic handling skills? or learning how to mount bike and manouvure still etc?

phoenixgtr
2nd February 2006, 21:44
whats ur name captain phoenixgtr, sniper and i both went to mbc, i was a short little git back then

now im just a short bastardfuck of doom ;D

The names Tristan

She can start it and ride in a straight line. Apparently alot of stalling happens

ZorsT
2nd February 2006, 21:47
The names Tristan

She can start it and ride in a straight line. Apparently alot of stalling happens
has she sat the basic skills test?

Drum
2nd February 2006, 22:36
Virtutum Doctrina Parat!

Sniper
2nd February 2006, 22:40
Gunge......

Drum
2nd February 2006, 22:42
Gunge was 3rd form home room teacher. I was in 3P!!

So long ago.......

Sniper
2nd February 2006, 22:44
I got him as a social studies teacher. Took the piss outta him. How long ago were you there.

Drum
2nd February 2006, 22:48
'84 to '88

Still used to be able to get the cane in those days! (and did!)

phoenixgtr
3rd February 2006, 22:04
Virtutum Doctrina Parat!

You got it!!

No Zorst, she hasn't

zeRax
4th February 2006, 07:11
another important question is -> how old is she? i could teach her...

zeRax
4th February 2006, 07:14
purely for professional teaching reasons is why i ask, some people learn faster at a younger age ;) some people learn faster at an older age ;)

ZorsT
4th February 2006, 09:25
I taught my friend how to ride the basics in his driveway.

When he started, he had never used a clutch, and the closest thing to a motorbike he had ridden was his mountain bike. After an hour or so, he was more than ready for the skills test.