PDA

View Full Version : VFR 400

ape808
24th March 2004, 11:18
Expressions of interest – 94? VFR 400RR

Some time ago I rescued a VFR400 from someone who was going to put it in a skip. I’m now wondering if anyone is interested in buying it.

Details as follows

Dereg – didn’t have plates when I got it
Missing Fairings & Fuel tank
Engine does not go (not sure why)
All other parts included – wheels, tyres, seat, lights, electrics – can split for parts if required

Basically, someone was throwing this thing out and being a hoarder, I took it off his hands.

Anyone interested or can help with a price I could expect to get?

James Deuce
24th March 2004, 11:46
Expressions of interest – 94? VFR 400RR

Some time ago I rescued a VFR400 from someone who was going to put it in a skip. I’m now wondering if anyone is interested in buying it.

Details as follows

Dereg – didn’t have plates when I got it
Missing Fairings & Fuel tank
Engine does not go (not sure why)
All other parts included – wheels, tyres, seat, lights, electrics – can split for parts if required

Basically, someone was throwing this thing out and being a hoarder, I took it off his hands.

Anyone interested or can help with a price I could expect to get?

Break it down into parts and sell it through trade me. The parts will be worth way more than the whole. A wrecker would probably give you $80 for the carcass as it is now. You'd probably get that for the front wheel. Have a look on Trade Me for the prices people ask for 2nd Hand parts and go from there.

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2004, 11:47
id take it off your hands ;) possibly for some dosh.
unfortunatly the chances are you wont get much for it as it cant really legally be vinned without papers from previous owner/signed paper saying the ownership is now in ur hands etc. But i have a racebike VFR400 and may be interested, drop us a pm with some info dude has '94 was the changeover year to the RVF aswell, and it would be interesting to know how genuine it is etc :)

cheers :)

Rocket
24th March 2004, 11:51
id take it off your hands ;) possibly for some dosh.
unfortunatly the chances are you wont get much for it as it cant really legally be vinned without papers from previous owner/signed paper saying the ownership is now in ur hands etc. But i have a racebike VFR400 and may be interested, drop us a pm with some info dude has '94 was the changeover year to the RVF aswell, and it would be interesting to know how genuine it is etc :)

cheers :)
i have a friend who will be interested let me get his details for you, ahve you got a cellphone number?

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2004, 11:53
me? did you mean to quote me or ape808? if me then what is he interested in? im not selling any VFR bits, just hoarding them all ;) the numbers 021 1655 668, the names Logan :) or just KK.

ape808
24th March 2004, 12:30
My number's 021 654 244

cheers for the advice guys

Motu
24th March 2004, 14:04
Idjit - another grand and ya coulda got this one,I dunno about you guys,all you want is good looks and lotsa plastic - go on...get a real bike!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Road-bikes/0001-0026-1255-1286-/auction-9867212.htm