PDA

View Full Version : want to learn to wheelie?

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 13:28
http://www.ononewheel.com/

this set up looks pretty good..
shame it's not here

deathstar
26th January 2006, 13:30
on bloody speed triples as well but i guess they think that only people who know how to ride would even think of trying that.

Fatjim
26th January 2006, 13:34
Wouldn't be too difficult to rig up a attitude sensor ( i mean angle of wheely, not whether your angry or not) to the rev limiter.

Fishy
26th January 2006, 13:37
http://www.ononewheel.com/

this set up looks pretty good..
shame it's not here

There is also this one buggy...

http://www.stunterschool.com/

sAsLEX
26th January 2006, 13:38
Wouldn't be too difficult to rig up a attitude sensor ( i mean angle of wheely, not whether your angry or not) to the rev limiter.

you can buy them, cuts spark as you get to your desired angle so you just whack open the throttle and it holds you up at that angle till the engine runs out of steam

designed to stop you looping it and having a nice friendly barrier which you can adjust as you learn the feel of your bike on one wheel

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 13:42
I need a shitter 600, that's what..

Fishy
26th January 2006, 13:45
Could get a couple of guys to throw some money in to get a stunter and get some crash bars fabricated for it and practise whenever you can. Could just alternate which weeks the owners have it or have stunt practise together..... just an idea?.

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 13:46
yeah, i've spoke about it to a few guys before. always comes back to a lack of fundage. could work tho. get 4 or 5 and chuck a grand in the pot, get something ok for that with a crash cage

Fishy
26th January 2006, 13:49
Yeah man that would get you something that would do the trick alright. Its a bloody good idea, I would be very interested in doing something like this but not till mid to late this year....bloody bills! :doh:

Firefight
26th January 2006, 13:50

but it's be kind to Bug week, so I won't

F/F:apumpin:

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 13:53
yeah, woteva. bring it on scottie
see the wee little one I did going up the hill, after leaving our last little chat spot last weekend?
Kinda got me, cos it went over a crest, but felt pretty cool

Firefight
26th January 2006, 13:58
yeah, woteva. bring it on scottie
see the wee little one I did going up the hill, after leaving our last little chat spot last weekend?
Kinda got me, cos it went over a crest, but felt pretty cool

That's no way to talk to a Scot, however as I said It's be nice to Bug week,

and yes I did see the wheelie when you left us the other day

looked pretty good from where I was:2thumbsup

keep at it mate.

F/F:blink:

Korea
26th January 2006, 13:58
Has anybody got a link to actual instructions?

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 14:01
That's no way to talk to a Scot, however as I said It's be nice to Bug week,

and yes I did see the wheelie when you left us the other day

looked pretty good from where I was:2thumbsup

keep at it mate.

F/F:blink:
lol.. ma bad. bad week. I retract my comment
yeah, been working on it, need more practice, and need to grow the balls a little more

Firefight
26th January 2006, 14:01
Has anybody got a link to actual instructions?

have you tried a search K ?, this subject has been covered many times on the site, sure there were some links, am off to work soon, will have a look later tonight and see if I can find some.

F/F

Fishy
26th January 2006, 14:03
Here is something people might like to read.....

The Stranger
26th January 2006, 14:18
Enough talk, lets make it happen.

Can we have ideas for a good candidate please?

Why not an off road bike?

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 14:35
dirt bikes have been said many-a-time, to be the easier machines to wheelie.
All this talk has got me psyched tho. I've been trying for yonks in 2nd gear, and with 50/50 success. I think I'll go back to first gear to get the height more regular. Then I can get used to it. Then I can start drilling thru the 'box!
Just watch for the police - Really nice orange Kawasaki ZX6 has lost control on the roads, and flipped. But looked really really good just before he did.. poor bugger. Lets give him some money - reports

That, and my hand is buggered. I think my clutch is burnt up and it's making it harder to move. Need to compare it with another 636

Sniper
26th January 2006, 14:38
Good luck buggy. I would love to join ya but....

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 14:39
reckon I'd be joining you!
really don't wanna tho ;)
and not tryin either!

Coyote
26th January 2006, 14:42
you can buy them, cuts spark as you get to your desired angle so you just whack open the throttle and it holds you up at that angle till the engine runs out of steam

designed to stop you looping it and having a nice friendly barrier which you can adjust as you learn the feel of your bike on one wheel
What are they called? Do they cost much?

The Stranger
26th January 2006, 15:34
Come on guys, serious offer here.

If we find an appropriate machine I will divert funds from the insurance on the Blackbird to help out or to buy one.

So anyone have a machine they want to get rid of, or ideas as to what machine would make a good candidate lets hear it.

Riff Raff
26th January 2006, 15:45
ideas as to what machine would make a good candidate lets hear it.
Pit bike? Can't wait for ours to arrive so I can start learning stuff.

Postie
26th January 2006, 16:18
how bout this piece of shit

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-45635837.htm

sorrry if its actually some one from KB's bike....

The Stranger
26th January 2006, 16:27
Yeah, but, wouldn't it be better to have no fairings at all?

bugjuice
26th January 2006, 21:33
yeah, that wouldn't be too bad. CaN, I'm sure you can sort the fairings out.
Still a little under powered tho, may be a newer 600 than that, or a not-to-old thou. Something with a bit more grunt, that'd be a whale to get up

Marmoot
27th January 2006, 00:28
but it's be kind to Bug week, so I won't

F/F:apumpin:

You're talking about the one that he already has?

Sorry.....I couldn't help it......just came out naturally.....
:grouphug:

bugjuice
27th January 2006, 21:09
this would be an ideal stunter

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-45904470.htm

ZX9 with a few scratches and dents. Working, absolutely fine. Just scuffs. 5,5gs

Fishy
27th January 2006, 21:40
Yep that ZX9 would be perfect, or this blade...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-45457793.htm

I used to own this blade back in 1999/2000.

Rip the fairings off and get some crash bars welded up to bold on to the sides and you'll be away laughing.

Patch
27th January 2006, 21:41
I've been trying for yonks in 2nd gear, and with 50/50 success. I think my clutch is burnt up and it's making it harder to move.

Hi Buggy an everybody one else,

My old GPZ 600 never really liked being clutched up. I think it is better to spend said dollars on a +3 rear sprocket, get a 1/5th throttle insert, derestrict power to machine and have some fun.

Since I installed a TRE on my TL, it is really easy to power wheelie in first, so is well worth the money spent, not to mention the full horsepower gain. Do the rear sproc and wheelie in any gear - no clutch, just practise or get a willing pillion. I might try a few on the way to Waihi tomorrow arvo, will have Cibby on the rear so should be pretty easy :devil2: might help settle her nerves :eek5:

Try an find out what sort of power restrictions your quaka has, more power easier to wheelie - saves on clutches.

have fun

SARGE
27th January 2006, 22:40

dude .. you ride a Kawasaki...how shitty does it have to be????

Marmoot
28th January 2006, 06:18
Yep that ZX9 would be perfect, or this blade...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-45457793.htm

I used to own this blade back in 1999/2000.

Rip the fairings off and get some crash bars welded up to bold on to the sides and you'll be away laughing.

Yes, I can add my testimony to that.
Pulling long rolling stoppies are great on blades.........until I got violent a headshake and realized I can't afford keep binning my bike. :crybaby: