PDA

View Full Version : wof

sabbath
26th January 2006, 15:32
anyone from the manawatu know off a good place to get a wof?one who's not worryd about a bike thats a little loud?cheers.

Meanie
1st February 2006, 20:37
You may need to try a service station the bike shops are pretty strict
I went to a shell service station on Main street a few years ago for a wof the guy in there was great and a keen biker, but he may not be still there
Good luck

sabbath
20th February 2006, 09:44
cheers mate..i took it into afc on main street for two new tyers,they said it was miles to loud.WANKERS.been told the bp on main street down road from them are ment to be reasonable.they pass the boy racer cars so fingers crossed the harley slips through..i'll know by the end of the day.

MSTRS
20th February 2006, 09:48
You won't be the first or last to come up against this. The noise rules are stupid - unlike the glazing tint rules (still stupid but at least there is a measure device).
Any rule that is subjective is a bad rule.
Good luck with your quest.

sabbath
25th February 2006, 19:15
bp on main street passed it no worys..thumbs up to bp

muzzl3
13th March 2006, 10:55
how loud is too loud? any db readings would be nice. i have a db meter and will be up for wof again soon.

hunt
14th March 2006, 16:24
how loud is too loud? any db readings would be nice. i have a db meter and will be up for wof again soon.

I dont know if they use db readings even though there might be specs, there could be a law coming in soon, it seems to be at the testing officers descretion whitch sucks, i use vtnz, ones that do trucks, because they dont ride em, so theres no reving up and the buildings generally larger with doors at either end so the sound doest ring around, and trucks are generally a bit noisy anyway,

skidz
15th March 2006, 01:58
I'm taking my bike to a Service Centre today for my WOF. They have always passed my bikes over the past years, and the bikes are'nt exactly silent. Chappy is also a rider and has a few bikes including a Kawasaki Z1300.:niceone:

Troll
15th March 2006, 18:41
I don't believe that you guys are actually stupid enough to name places where it is easy to get a WOF

It is only a matter of time before the authorities read these scribes (if they aren't already) and clamp down on the less compliant testers

hunt
16th March 2006, 22:37
I don't believe that you guys are actually stupid enough to name places where it is easy to get a WOF

It is only a matter of time before the authorities read these scribes (if they aren't already) and clamp down on the less compliant testers

me is stupid, but i aint paranoid, as far as i'm awear there is no decibel reading done for wof tests,if it comes in it well be across the board, but my guess is exhaust emissions will be before exhaust volume, whats being talked about is places wear the inspector doesnt have an anal atitude,and tests to the safety guidelines as required but you could be right and the mta is right now aranging dawn raids on various wof stations, but me thinks theyd have there hands full investigating complaints from people who buy currently woffed bikes and cars to discover some safety issue and then the poor bastard wof issuier gets it in the neck.

phantom
17th March 2006, 08:51
My last two wofs they didn't even have the bike running so they would have no idea what it sounded like. The other day I was at the Honda shop in Wangavegas leering at a Hornet 900 , they had three brand new ones there. One was standard, one they had drilled some holes in the end cans and one had Microns fitted all basically to make them sound better. There was also a second hand VTR1000 ( I think ) that had cans that were labelled "For Race Use only " and apparently that never had a problem getting a WOF

C_A
17th March 2006, 08:58
can any wof issuing garage do bike wofs?

if so - gommans @ bunnythorpe - they're reasonable!
thomas rowe @ rongotea apparently isn't a bad dude too

hunt
17th March 2006, 12:25
can any wof issuing garage do bike wofs?

if so - gommans @ bunnythorpe - they're reasonable!
thomas rowe @ rongotea apparently isn't a bad dude too

I think the inspector needs to hold a full bike license to issue wofs on bikes,
so if no one at xyz garage held a bike license they couldnt do the wof

C_A
17th March 2006, 13:32
oh k. would surprise me if the guy, clive, from gommans didn't have his...

kevie
10th April 2006, 10:56
My Virago is "marginal" for noise (has Harley strait pipes on it) and I get my wofs done at BJW motors 381 Wellington Rd Marton 0-6-327 8880 , hes good and passes my bike every time.

ZeroIndex
10th April 2006, 11:12
what Hamilton WOF place is recommended for bikes (PM me maybe)?

and does anyone know if my exhaust will pass the WOF? It's the standard one, but it's a 'bit' scraped. It's not loud or anything, I'm just wondering if it has to look 'good'