PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye NZ-250

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 09:20
Well, I’m off to ChCh tomorrow (Sat) morning.
Getting the 2am Ferry which gets in about 5am then riding down to ChCh to deliver my former pride and joy NZ-250 to its new owner who eagerly awaits it. His enthusiasm (it’s his first bike) has just been quite something else and I’m so pleased to see the NZ going to a good home.
Even though I’ve sold (selling it) I will help him as much as possible to keep it nice and reliable for him.

You want to know the ironic thing?? It’s cheaper for me to jump on a Ferry with the bike, ride down with petrol for the trip and fly back home the next day than what it is to get it transported.
(Admittedly the NZ is very cheap to run)

NDMZ

Sniper
27th January 2006, 09:48
Nice work NDMZ. Im 20m down the road from where you are delivering the bike. Feel free to pop in for a coffee.

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 09:51
Sounds like a good plan, Snipe :yes:

Sniper
27th January 2006, 09:54
Also, there are a hell of alot of road works between Kiakoura and Christchurch. Be careful of an unmarked patch of gravel about 60km CHCH side of Cheviot.

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 10:01
Thanks for the warning. The NZ's actually quite good in gravel, probably due to it's very light weight (118kgs).

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 10:04
Also, there are a hell of alot of road works between Kiakoura and Christchurch. Be careful of an unmarked patch of gravel about 60km CHCH side of Cheviot.

thats between Motunau & Omihi around the area where the S-bend goes over the railway.

Lols old D/E is going to think its Xmas all over again, bike & gear in one hit.

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 10:09
Stonechucker is going to send it down as we figured it was too much to carry on the wee 250.

I defintiely be taking it easy and watching the road surface closely (not THAT close !!)

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 10:16
Stonechucker is going to send it down as we figured it was too much to carry on the wee 250.

I defintiely be taking it easy and watching the road surface closely (not THAT close !!)

HA-HA! how much are you carrying? :lol:

yeah i'd say watch traffic between Blenheim & Seddon more so! especially on the hills between riverlands & dashwood

Sniper
27th January 2006, 10:17
thats between Motunau & Omihi around the area where the S-bend goes over the railway.

Lols old D/E is going to think its Xmas all over again, bike & gear in one hit.

There is a new patch now too. I know the one you are talking about though too.

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 10:25
i think old N/M is being a bit of a nana not bring the jacket & boots for D/E.
I've got a lid for him to use until he sorts out what he wants exactly.

ha yeah the patchwork roading repairs up that way keep them busy achieving F/A & they always seemto do it in the most inconvenient spots

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 10:28
Actually I suggested it to SC but he said it was more convenient for him to send the gear......blimmin' country folks :weird: ....:rofl: :rofl:

JMemonic
27th January 2006, 10:32
Well enjoy the ride, the east coast is a great trip but the wind on a light bike can be hell.

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 10:35
Thanks JM...done the trip quite a few times now, gets really windy around the Kaikoura Coast but as long as you know about it, it ain't too bad, plus I'm travelling very early in the morning which is all good. Just have trucks to worry about I guess. 34hp ain't a lot for overtaking on the open road !!

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 10:42
Actually I suggested it to SC but he said it was more convenient for him to send the gear......blimmin' country folks :weird: ....:rofl: :rofl:

lols Nana :rolleyes: i'll show you a picture of what i carted on a XL250 when i went to live in Huntly that will shock you, even the trips up to Wanganui i carried gear for a 3wk stay ( see attachment).

Ha country folk yeah their a funny bunch, lucky some of us are townies just living the quiet life :whistle:

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 11:41
When you get a big pack like that on the back of a 250, wind resistance starts to become a factor with maintaining open road limits.

ducatilover
27th January 2006, 11:58
nothing wrong with country folks, its you townies we have to worry about<_< :Pokey:

good onya for finding an eager owner and i hope you enjoy the ride down!

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 12:05
When you get a big pack like that on the back of a 250, wind resistance starts to become a factor with maintaining open road limits.

lols no sense of adventure haha! here the pic of the XL on the way to huntly around the Mangaweka area, it was back in 95. note the high tech luggage system :wacko: ha the things we do when we're on the bones of our arse!
95kmh was comfy road speed, but wheelies were a blast :niceone:

I'd sold my 850 3wks prior :argh: & with it all my ventura luggage :pinch:

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 12:06
nothing wrong with country folks, its you townies we have to worry about<_< :Pokey:

good onya for finding an eager owner and i hope you enjoy the ride down!

ha ha :ar15:

Cheers DL

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 12:07
lols no sense of adventure haha! here the pic of the XL on the way to huntly around the Mangaweka area, it was back in 95. note the high tech luggage system :wacko: ha the things we do when we're on the bones of our arse!
95kmh was comfy road speed, but wheelies were a blast :niceone:

I'd sold my 850 3wks prior :argh: & with it all my ventura luggage :pinch:

I must be getting soft from living up in the North Island.....

T.W.R
27th January 2006, 12:16
I must be getting soft from living up in the North Island.....

:rofl: :shutup: :shutup: no comment ;) your on an important trip so be safe & plus you can use the journey as a recon for march :ride:

nudemetalz
27th January 2006, 12:52
Thanks, will do.