PDA

View Full Version : Nipper's Racing Report

nipper
30th January 2006, 11:21
A bit late but here it is

1st of Jan dad and myself were on the road to the nelson street racing with two RG150 and a bucket on the trailer. One RG for me to ride and one for spud racer to ride arrived safe and well, signed in and had my bikes checked and passed than waited for spud racer to arrive to do the same that done we were off to dad’s cousins to stay the night.

Race day sun shining lets go racing down to the port unload the bikes go to rider briefing, had a good day racing saw lots of other KB's and meat Zorst from Nelson. Went too prize giving and even ended up with a prize then off to dads cousins for the night.

Jan the 3rd my mum’s birthday so up early and off home we go arrived home safe and well in good time happy birthday mum.

Jan the 6th off too Invercargill to race the 150 in the national points round 3 in a support class arrived in time too go and meet the riders at Southland Honda, then off to another KB's to stay the night.

Race day Saturday started fine then the rain came but all in good spirit only had time for one wet practice but all went well. Our race was .the last race of the day and was fairly fine I went quite well in drying conditions not a bad day really.

Race day Sunday rain and more rain wet race called the bike and rider went well the rain stopped about last lap but not for long. Lunch break rain and more rain and haft way through the afternoon they called the racing off due too a lake forming in Castrol corner so no 3rd race for the 150s, so we packed up wet through and went back to where we were staying to change and warm up.

Jan the 9th set out in fine weather for home 8hr later back in chch unload at Peter Jones then off home too Kaiapoi for 3days rest, not so I land myself a job and have to work.

Jan the 13th off too Timaru for round 4 of the national points series with the 150 in the support class arrived lunch time singed in bike checked all ok set up tent. We got one practice for the day went really well felt good to ride on a dry track again, pack the bikes and bits in the tent and went off too where we were staying for the night.

Race day Saturday fine two really good practices my times kept dropping in both timed practices, our race was the second race for the day 18 bikes in the race and 18 finished a really good day for all the 150s and my times dropped in the race as well.

Race day Sunday fine two really good races for all the 150s, 18 started and 18 finished my times dropped again in these races as well, The high light of the weekend was to see my old man Wayne with a SMILE on his face at the end of race two when every bike finished the race. We packed up and headed for home with an extra bike on the trailer and an extra person in the cab both stared with us till the next weekend.

Jan the 20th off too Ruapuna for the last round of the national points series with the 150s in the support class again I will ride 31 and Spud Racer will ride 81 my spare bike all singed in and bikes checks done, Off out and do some marshalling nice fine hot day, busy time four dad to he was chief scrutineer for the weekend.

Race day Saturday fine really good practices my times kept dropping in both timed practices that put me inside Spud Racer on the grid for the races, First race 30 bikes in this race 28 finished I was one that didn’t finish I didn’t even start my throttle cable
Came out of cab slide on the warm up lap dam mechanic, so off home to f ix it for Sunday,

Race day Sunday rain for about an hour than fine sunny day first race for the us saw 30 bikes out their with 27 finish this time, I finished this time ahead of Spud Racer.
Second race 30 bikes went out and 30 finished WOW really good racing and my times kept dropping too. Good to see Zorst from Nelson out there on the track having a go he rode his bike down to race good on him, Also good to Spud Racer get second place over all in the over 20 part of 150s class, good on you Spud Racer.

I would like to thank everybody for there help and support along the way this past 4 weeks, all so all the Sponsors, Officials, Organisers, Marshalls, First Aid people
Thanks for every thing.

Kickaha
30th January 2006, 17:02
The high light of the weekend was to see my old man Wayne with a SMILE on his face

Wayne smile ? now I know you're talking crap :lol:

I will ride 31 and Spud Racer will ride 81 my spare bike

And the ungrateful bastard bet you:laugh:

Good report, see you at the next one, and tell grumpy oppps I mean Wayne he still hasn't fixed my leaky tap

Joni
30th January 2006, 17:46
Well done Nipper great effort!
You have done well after getting back into it after your broken collar bone.
See you at the next one zipping around the pits like you usually do :spudwave:

diesel pig
30th January 2006, 18:08
And the ungrateful bastard bet you:laugh:

For once I agree with Kickaha, I thought I was your mate Kipper:crybaby:

on the other hand good on you for dropping your lap times