PDA

View Full Version : Endangered species (intelligent people)

kro
30th January 2006, 12:48
I left the house in a bad mood today, don't know why, but decided to get out for an hour.
I ended up at Pak N Save, in Richmond, and was packing my groceries up, when a heated argument started.

The cause of the argument left me wondering wtf is wrong with some people these days, and why some people with too much money need to re-evaluate their attitude somewhat.

Mrs Land Rover Discovery driver was asking the little check out girl why noone was packing her groceries up, and what kind of establishment they were running. I could not believe what I saw, and heard, I mean, here is me, along a big ass wall, with 10 others, packing our own groceries, and the name of the place is such that they advertise the fact that you pack your own shit.

What is up with this?, does this mean I can wander into Houston Motors, and demand to know why I cannot buy a motorbike there?.

I gave the woman an ear full, because she made the girl at the counter cry, who was just a trainee anyway, and then the stupid cow suddenly stormed off out of the place, leaving her groceries behind. I can only surmise she was intoxicated, or high on something, or was heading back to her spaceship.

judgeshock
30th January 2006, 12:51
Blame it on P, it seems to be the excuse for everything now:eek5:

kro
30th January 2006, 12:57
Perhaps it was, but I was lost for words for soooo long before voicing my opinion on the matter, it was kinda cool to watch her storm out in a big huff too.

judgeshock
30th January 2006, 13:02
It's really bizarre that some people get to the point of exploding like that. In my younger years I too admit to losing it a couple of times, however I have learnt my lessons well.

Wow what an idiot she must have been losing it at Pak N Save, maybe she was one of our elite politicians, or just a dumb yupee who doesn't live in the real world.

:tugger: What a loser

Sniper
30th January 2006, 13:07
Sad strange lady. Seems she should run for parliment

SixPackBack
30th January 2006, 13:15
My 15 year old daughter recently took a part time position at Foodtown as a check out girl and at the end of every shift she has at least one story for the day. Unfortunately the grumpy house wife features frequently, so does the 35+ male who wants her number.
She abbreviates her stories now with, " we had this oldbag/paedophile today......"
Sad world:confused:

HDTboy
30th January 2006, 13:18
You should be feeling sorry for the poor lady, she drives a Land Rover Discovery, if that doesn't twist your outlook on society I don't know what would

Big Chim
30th January 2006, 13:24
Maybe the landrover lady can't read, other wises shes on completely different planet to the rest of us. What a retard thing for her to do

Aitch
30th January 2006, 14:10
Or maybe her husband had just run off with his 23 year old secretary, her 15 year old daughter has just been given six weeks to live and she has been advised by the council that her house is to be demolished to make way for a new motorway.
No excuse for making the wee girl cry, but we all have bad days......

Maha
30th January 2006, 14:29
Exactly why i dont go to Pak n' Save 'you pack and they save' as far as im concerned. That and the fact we dont have one here in Warkworth :rolleyes: but thats beside the point. There was in Roto when i lived there, only went there once and thought F....K that. So use to go to New World, which as it turns out out we have one here right in Warkworth, Karma i tell ya :woohoo: God i love this place , But not as much as New World :finger: :whocares:

myvice
30th January 2006, 14:30
Pak-N-Save, na, no clue there...

Coyote
30th January 2006, 14:36
I can't trust a supermarket chain that spells pack without a c.

MidnightMike
30th January 2006, 14:37
Our pak'n save packs our groceries :first:

froggyfrenchman
30th January 2006, 14:41
i used to be a checkout bitch. i didnt mind the grumpy cows, but the ugly middleaged housewives trying to flirt with me was just sickening! was a bit of a protector of the c/o girls, if i heard an incident like you were discribing, i would start yelling and run over... Those sort of woman love to yell and complain, but have a go back at them and they crumble instantly

MSTRS
30th January 2006, 14:48
'you pack and they save' .....
Balls. They be cheaper on standard price on basically every item, compared to the other grocery stores. I know, cos I'm one of those rare blokes that does the grocery shopping. And being of tartan extraction, I shop around

KATWYN
30th January 2006, 14:50
My cousin was a check out boy at Foodtown in Auckland. One day
a lady was at the counter putting her groceries through and her little
kid in the trolley smiled and said hello to him.

The mother turned to the child and said "You don't have to say hello
to those people" :gob:

I suppose theres different perspectives on why she said that... my cousin
said that it was said in the snobby fashion in which it was meant

bladez
30th January 2006, 14:51
So they dont pack your shoping for ya bugger lol bloody good on ya for the ear full that should teach yuppy landrover lady a lesson :niceone:

froggyfrenchman
30th January 2006, 14:57
Balls. They be cheaper on standard price on basically every item, compared to the other grocery stores. I know, cos I'm one of those rare blokes that does the grocery shopping. And being of tartan extraction, I shop around

us tight bastards that buy the food for fear of the missis blowin the budget and not buyin enough steak/bacon are indeed a dying breed!

really its coz she can only ride a bike, im the only cage driver in the house

phoenixgtr
30th January 2006, 14:57
I hate supermarkets. Really hate them. I find it impossible to be in a good mood at a supermarket. My three most hated places are dentists, hairdressers and supermarkets. (Of course I worked in one for three years)

myvice
30th January 2006, 15:09
I hate supermarkets. Really hate them. I find it impossible to be in a good mood at a supermarket. My three most hated places are dentists, hairdressers and supermarkets. (Of course I worked in one for three years)
Your a dentist?

Kornholio
30th January 2006, 15:23
No a hairdresser silly :P

phoenixgtr
30th January 2006, 15:28
Haha!! Neither. I just have bad teeth and had a traumatic experience with a hairdresser when I was just a young wee lad

unhingedlizard
30th January 2006, 16:52
what was the hairdresser doing messing with your teeth?

Hitcher
30th January 2006, 17:30
Just another take on my "Mindless Bitches in SUVs" hypothesis.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=486666&postcount=9

Who marries these people? And why?

Coyote
30th January 2006, 17:39
Often wondered that myself

My best guess is they haven't come out of the closet yet and prefur the company of a women who wears the pants in their house

Maha
30th January 2006, 19:06
They save by not having an employee packing when he/she could be doing something more interesting, like.......... cleaning up the broken salsa jar in isle 3, my post was more of a wind up, seems it worked.

Hitcher
30th January 2006, 19:08
That would be aisle 3...

SPman
30th January 2006, 19:26
Well, it could be isle 3.....you never know.....its a strange old world......

mstriumph
30th January 2006, 19:42
well done Kronos :Punk: ........ there's a special place in hell reserved for folk who make the little people cry

Swoop
30th January 2006, 21:06
Ah! Another who will provide an education to OMGWTFBBQ.......
Countdown? - Yeah Right!

Coyote
30th January 2006, 21:08
Ah! Another who will provide an education to OMGWTFBBQ.......
Countdown? - Yeah Right!
Correction: He's now called 'Scoots Magoo' :rolleyes:

Kornholio
30th January 2006, 21:09
I gave the woman an ear full, because she made the girl at the counter cry, who was just a trainee anyway, and then the stupid cow suddenly stormed off out of the place, leaving her groceries behind. I can only surmise she was intoxicated, or high on something, or was heading back to her spaceship.

Fucking A!! :rockon:

Beemer
31st January 2006, 08:42
I think you learn a lot about people by the way they treat waiting staff, checkout operators, call centre staff, etc. I always make a point of smiling and being pleasant unless I get one of those "this job is beneath me, pay your money and piss off" workers! Many people start off in these kinds of jobs and go on to good careers or start their own businesses, so they all deserve to be treated with respect, no matter what their job is.

I hate people who suck up to those in so-called prestigious jobs and treat the rest of the population with disdain.

judgeshock
31st January 2006, 09:00
To true Beemer and they never know when they may run into these people in the future.
The shoe may be on the other foot and they may need something off them. People who lose their plot will end up getting burnt by bad karma.:ar15:

Hitcher
31st January 2006, 11:57
Or chased by bad dogma...

Ixion
31st January 2006, 12:00
Judiciously applied boot usually deters the dogmas

MSTRS
31st January 2006, 12:08
Well, it could be isle 3.....you never know.....its a strange old world......
I'll say....

MSTRS
31st January 2006, 12:12
I hate people who suck up to those in so-called prestigious jobs and treat the rest of the population with disdain.
How right you are.....picture the scenario....
"Excuse me Madam, but I couldn't help noticing. Your mouth seems to have traded places with your arsehole":killingme :killingme

NotaGoth
31st January 2006, 12:19
I had an experience at work where a guy came up and started bitching bout his drink. Saying how it tasted disguisting, and asking what the hell was wrong with it. I said to him I didn't know. He asked if it was diet coke in his drink. I said that as far as I knew it was normal coke. Next thing you know he's on my back with "what the fucks with your attitude problem" I ended up being told that I could "shove the drink up my arse" his son joined in on this too. Naughtily I told him to "go shove it up his own arse." Funnily enough he didn't like that and then ran off to my duty manager to nark on me. Luckily for me, my duty manager told me that if the guy does that to me again to tell him to take a hike and go some where else to drink.

Also where I work we are not licenced for alcohol to be taken off the premises. So there fore any bottles of alcohol must have the lids removed and disposed. You get customers ask for the lids, or demanding you leave them on. You explain the situation to them but still get a "but why." :slap:

It is actually extremely difficult working in the customer service side of things. Someone may be having bad day and they feel that it is okay for them to take it out on who ever is serving them. Its sad. I feel quite sorry for the trainee, not a pleasant start to her job. Some people need a good slap round the ears.

thehollowmen
31st January 2006, 13:11
Sad thing is these are the people doing most of the breeding in this country!

Beemer
31st January 2006, 14:09
I worked in a call centre for a while and the WORST people in the world to deal with were the very rich. One Remuera woman had her power cut off while she was on holiday overseas for three weeks. When she told me to make sure it was reconnected NOW for free, I said unless she was prepared to pay the full cost of her outstanding arrears, plus the same-day fee for reconnection and a bond, her power would remain off. She abused the living shit out of me and said she wanted compensation for the food in her freezer, etc, so I pointed out that her power bill was due to be paid six weeks earlier and she would have received a reminder letter before she went on holiday. She moaned and said "for heaven's sake, it's ONLY $200" so I pointed out that we had hundreds of thousands of customers and if every one of them owed us $200, we would be out of business. On the other side of the coin, I had a woman, a solo parent with about four kids, thank me for giving her advice on ways to save on her power bills.

If YOU are having a bad day, kick a box or something, don't take it out on some poor bugger who is just trying to earn a living. It doesn't make you look important, it makes you look like a nasty bully and you will be hated by everyone within earshot!

I feel like saying to people who are rude: "excuse me, I think you need an optorectomy. That's where they disconnect the nerve connecting your eyes and your arsehole, thereby improving your shitty outlook on life."

Patrick
31st January 2006, 14:20
Hope she had paid for the groceries before storming off without them, and hope you and the poor checkout person enjoyed the free lunch????

Deano
31st January 2006, 14:33
Just another take on my "Mindless Bitches in SUVs" hypothesis.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=486666&postcount=9

Perhaps they become a mindless bitch after getting their hooks into some rich doctor or lawyer etc, spitting out a couple of sprogs and having nothing better to do with their day than to get dolled up to the nines, drive the kids to school in the SUV, grab a latte (or something a little stronger) with their mindless bitch friends before having their nails and hair done. Then finish up by grabbing the caviar and champagne on the way home, abusing the checkout girl on the way cause she was twice as pretty as she is (without any makeup) and firm in all the right places.

We have plenty of 'em here in Eastbourne.

Lou Girardin
31st January 2006, 14:55
My favourite are the half-cut middle management egotists who thinks it's fun to harrass waiting staff.
Then again, some waiting staff ask for all they get.

*sic
31st January 2006, 14:58
Perhaps they become a mindless bitch after getting their hooks into some rich doctor or lawyer etc, spitting out a couple of sprogs and having nothing better to do with their day than to get dolled up to the nines, drive the kids to school in the SUV, grab a latte (or something a little stronger) with their mindless bitch friends before having their nails and hair done. Then finish up by grabbing the caviar and champagne on the way home, abusing the checkout girl on the way cause she was twice as pretty as she is (without any makeup) and firm in all the right places.

We have plenty of 'em here in Eastbourne.

its the way it goes..

The general public and its stupidity confuse and amaze me, the extent of which can be found as beemer pointed out in call centre phone ques. Another popular place you can look for said individuals are on our roads, they are everywhere

myvice
31st January 2006, 17:35
Rang Telecom to have a bitch that our phone wasn’t working, (dead line) Guy I spoke to was as helpful as you could get, and at the end thanked me for being so patient!
Must ring his manager and tell them to give him a raise or something, bent over backwards to help us and I'd hate to think of all the shit he gets every day.
Couldn’t do that for a job, would have left snooty bitches power off for another month!

Maha
1st February 2006, 15:40
That would be aisle 3...
Glad i got 'SALSA' right , thought that was the hard word, then again i did fail school 'c' english, that god, i could have ended up working in a surpermarket :yeah:

magicfairy
1st February 2006, 15:48
I hate supermarkets. Really hate them. I find it impossible to be in a good mood at a supermarket. )

www.woolworths.co.nz. Haven't done a grocery shop in 5 years at a supermarket. In fact it is a novelty to go to one.
Come to work, order online, know that at about 6pm tonite our friendly courier will knock on the door and put a weeks groceries in the door. Yes it costs (about $9) yes the groceries are more expensive than if I go to the supermarket. Do I care - NO.

Kornholio
1st February 2006, 16:00
www.woolworths.co.nz. Haven't done a grocery shop in 5 years at a supermarket. In fact it is a novelty to go to one.
Come to work, order online, know that at about 6pm tonite our friendly courier will knock on the door and put a weeks groceries in the door. Yes it costs (about $9) yes the groceries are more expensive than if I go to the supermarket. Do I care - NO.

Cool...I still cant get Pizza Hut to deliver :angry: ...........

kro
1st February 2006, 16:08
Rang Telecom to have a bitch that our phone wasn’t working, (dead line) Guy I spoke to was as helpful as you could get, and at the end thanked me for being so patient!
Must ring his manager and tell them to give him a raise or something, bent over backwards to help us and I'd hate to think of all the shit he gets every day.
Couldn’t do that for a job, would have left snooty bitches power off for another month!

I tell ya dude, thats a top idea. People will always contact you to tell you what went wrong, but seldom do they make the effort if things went well, and saved their bacon.

I make a rule at work that whenever a supplier has gone to the effort to get a rush order to me, or a trucking company has gone the extra mile, I always ring and thank them, and the responses you get are unreal, they just love it, and it cultivates very good relationships, and aside from all that, its a damn decent thing to do.

Pixie
2nd February 2006, 00:06
I make a rule at work that whenever a supplier has gone to the effort to get a rush order to me, or a trucking company has gone the extra mile, I always ring and thank them,.
I would complain if a trucking company went an extra mile.Then I'd have to go down the road and bring back whatever they were supposed to deliver to my door.

kro
2nd February 2006, 05:22
Very funny, I left my self wide open for that one didn't I ?. :laugh: