PDA

View Full Version : Dover returns from the deepest, darkest Wairarapa with his arse intact.

The_Dover
30th January 2006, 18:14
Fuck me, what a haul that was. 700km in 3 hits with nothing but 2 fuel and ciggy stops. Now, cold Tui in hand I can reflect on a fuckin good ride.

Blasted it up SH2 from Featherston to the SH50 turn off, then had a good hoon up SH50 to Napier, barely making it on fumes as my "FEED ME" light came on just as I passed Tikokino. 52 km's on reserve, I had thoughts of slack jawed yokels making me their bitch as I ran out of gas in Deliverance country.

Then I hit the Napier-Taupo highway after a well earned gas up and smoke. HAd another smoke at Taupo and gassed up again. That road was a pretty good blast, carving up the traffic though the windy bits and tearing down the straights with my SHOEI pressed to my face.

Decided on the Cambridge - Taupiri option on the way back, Matamata on the way down had too much holiday traffic and too many long broing straights. Got thru there without a ticket thanks to some nice flashing motorists (also on the Tokoroa - Taupo stretch on the way down. thanks cagers!) then as I approached Huntly things were getting a little congested, so fuck it I said and headed for 22! Up Hetherington Road I went, numb arse and all. Came off again at Mercer and cruised home on the motorway with that little orange bastard light blinking at me again.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Mr Poo's for putting me up for the weekend and letting me crash his dirt bikes and tool around on Lake Wairarapa on them. Fuckin ace fun.

Thanks to the Wellywood Slow Crew, pleasure to meet Deano, Jimbo et al. Some choice roads down there and that hill still gives me a hard on.

1760km in one weekend and now I need to decide what rubber is going on the bike when I get her serviced cos my rear is fucked.

SixPackBack
30th January 2006, 18:22
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=491581&postcount=28

Your new tyres The_Dover!

jimbo600
30th January 2006, 18:26
Good having you down man. Definitely made it into the good cunt pages.

Colapop
30th January 2006, 19:04
Bike and Dover back to Ak in one piece? That's news worthy in itself! You should try the Akatarawa Rd when you're don here next.

Dafe
30th January 2006, 19:12
Dammit, I was hanging out to meet you but didn't get the chance to.
Would love to have scoped your bike!
A few of us rode up the top of the hill on the saturday with the possiblilty that you and poos may meet us at the top. I guess you guys hit the piss early! Oh well, Perhaps next time.

Hey dude, As far as the rear tyre goes - Check this out. It's the B's and E's!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=491581#post491581

A Pilot Power 180 on the rear! You'll be shocked how fantastic it is.

cowpoos
30th January 2006, 19:17
sweet as bro....you know where I live come down any time....
and bring some mates too next time....if ya have any :laugh:

Ps: the muffler fell off my KLX earliyer today.... did u have anything to do with it????

The_Dover
30th January 2006, 19:18
Hey Dafe, we were at the top of the hil at about 4'ish I think. Did a run up and down each side. It was awesome. I will be back on the farm soon I think, if I can afford the gas for the trip. May need a radar detector tho, my eyes are strained from scanning for bacon all day!

Yeah, I saw your write up and will probably go with that set up.

I'll catch you next time, or bring some of the slow crew up here!

cowpoos
30th January 2006, 19:21
Dammit, I was hanging out to meet you but didn't get the chance to.
Would love to have scoped your bike!
A few of us rode up the top of the hill on the saturday with the possiblilty that you and poos may meet us at the top. I guess you guys hit the piss early! Oh well, Perhaps next time.

we went up the hill between 4-4:30 on sat then ripped down to martinbourgh for a quick rip down princess st and then to the pub for a lemonade [of course]

Dafe
30th January 2006, 19:29
we went up the hill between 4-4:30 on sat then ripped down to martinbourgh for a quick rip down princess st and then to the pub for a lemonade [of course]

No worries, Fatjim wasn't sure when you guys were headed up there. We we're up there at 6pm.

Awesome move Dover, I'll look forward to hearing your feedback on the tyre setup. Can't wait - You're gonna be blown away. The 180's are fantastic!
Uncle B is gonna run the setup once his original BT's are worn. Damn, I'll have to find another way to keep up.

Definately will make arrangements next time round.

Why the hell do they not just charge an extra grand and a half for the gixxer purchase price and include the V1 with mounting as standard? I need one too!

cowpoos
30th January 2006, 19:38
Why the hell do they not just charge an extra grand and a half for the gixxer purchase price and include the V1 with mounting as standard? I need one too!

if u own a gixxer thou....you really don't need a radar.....think about it :wavey:

Dafe
30th January 2006, 20:11
if u own a gixxer thou....you really don't need a radar.....think about it :wavey:

I didn't see a copper come up behind me when I was doing 65 in a 50, I didn't even see him. He had my plate! Not alot I could do by then. However if the scanner gave me a long distance warning - Then there may have been no ticket. Fark it! That was my first ticket in about 5 years.

The_Dover
30th January 2006, 20:21
pigs are sneaky like that. love to suprise you from behind

go faster

SPman
30th January 2006, 20:27
May need a radar detector tho, my eyes are strained from scanning for bacon all day!
It gets a bit of a mission .....you ought to try it with my eyesight....and 90 points on the tab! fark! :rofl:
need yet another beer to releive the strain ...:drinkup:

cowpoos
30th January 2006, 20:28
Good having you down man. Definitely made it into the good cunt pages.

lmfao....love the new sig bro....but you shouldn't be putting personal shit on KB.... the PC brigade will get there knickers in a twist :spudbn:

jimbo600
30th January 2006, 20:31
lmfao....love the new sig bro....but you shouldn't be putting personal shit on KB.... the PC brigade will get there knickers in a twist :spudbn:

Aint nowt better than feedin' it up the gary man. (Chicks only of course)

The_Dover
30th January 2006, 20:34

It's a sign of true love. Just watch out for corn.........(that's sweetcorn, not Kornholio, although I hear he likes to plow a few furrows!)

cowpoos
30th January 2006, 20:38

fuck bro...you know a chick called gary... :gob:

The_Dover
30th January 2006, 20:41
fuck bro...you know a chick called gary... :gob:

Does she have a bushy moustache and a deep voice? And a funny scar down by her smoked salmon panini? Large but very firm breasts with hariy nips? Broad shoulders?

No, not the same Gary I know then.........