PDA

View Full Version : Korea Ride Report Jan06

Korea
30th January 2006, 18:30
So here it is~ My 200th post on KB~!

Still in S.Korea, enjoying the great B-roads deviod of any police presence and getting up to plenty of anti-social bike behaviour with a group of Korean riding buddies. There is some pretty nice scenery to discover in Korea by bike, but it can't really hold a candle to NZ greenery.

Meanwhile, we're justing coming out of the tail-end of Winter here and it has been too cold to go on any serious rides, although I have been practicing on my favourite local twisties.
When spring kicks in proper, the riders will be out in force again and that winter training will pay-off! Oh yeah, KB reprazent! :yeah: er... anyway...

Haven't totally written-off the possibility of entering the Korean road-racing series with the 125 Exiv, but word is that the Exiv races are being discontinued in light of the new Hyosung 650, and Daelim Roadwin 125 series' starting. :(
More on that later...

Plan to be back in NZ later on this year, definitely in time for Xmas.
Wondering what to do with the CBR600RR ~ easiest is to sell it here and pick something up in NZ, but haven't ruled out the possibility of boxing it up and shipping it home ~ but then there's all the bloody import hastle and VINing and registering buggary bollocks to go through.
Anyone done it recently and know the costs involved?

If I do go with the latter plan, I'll do some mod's before I leave:
- Arata full titanium system! (might need powercommander???)
- Rearsets
- HID headlights
- Braided brake lines
If I go with the former ~ I'll save my dolleros for my next NZ bike...

What would you do???

In the meantime, here's some action from recent winter rides around Daegu city, S.Korea. Enjoy~

Looking forward to riding with the KB crowd soon! :ride:

Jackrat
30th January 2006, 19:00
Interesting stuff mate,
The totem ahhhhhh<_< Good one,,wonder who's ancestors you got out of bed:laugh:

Leong
31st January 2006, 18:47
Interesting photos and video, but you're riding down the wrong side of the road there mate!! :bs:

Is there a difference between bikes in LHD markets vs RHD markets, eg headlight alignment, that could affect your bringing your bike back to NZ, or was it a NZ bike you took to Korea?

Korea
2nd February 2006, 15:21
Nope~ bought the bike here in Korea a few months back (just in time for the icy winter :cold: )
Hmm... about the lights - I haven't checked it up against a wall but will have a look next time I'm out whether it's noticeably right-side biased or not. I imagine it wouldn't be a big mission to change if it comes back to NZ.
I hear that European models have the catalytic converter wottsits and other stuff for lower emmisions, and some Japanese market bikes are restricted, but my CBR's the full monty.

larriken
6th February 2006, 16:16
Nice pics mate! I lived in the ROK for nearly three years. Nice to see your riding and into it over there. All I had was a scooter!