PDA

View Full Version : Land Transport Ammendment act 2005

Skyryder
30th January 2006, 20:01
Just got copy of this but can not find the speeds where the instant loss of licence occurs. Searched the thing untill I'm blue in the face.

Another thing, anyone know where the fatilitiy states are for speeds below the speed limit. Bloody looked everywhere. Got one which states that 30% are in the excessive speed range but where are the other 70%. I've looked everywhere I can think. How do I find them? Realy need some help on this.

Skyryder

Colapop
30th January 2006, 20:03
Jeez SR, more legislative reading?? Riding's better for your spare time innit? Well, I can't really give you too much shit about it - I'm too lazy arsed to read it myself!!

Oh and sorry wouldn't have a foggy. LTSA perhaps? Crown Law office?

Da Bird
1st February 2006, 02:01
Section 49(2) of the Land Transport Amendment Act 2005 is the section relating to the 28 day suspension for excess speed.

Don't know where you will find the stats you are after, there probably aren't any. You will probably find those fatal crashes where speed is not classified as a factor have other causes such as fatigue.

BC.

Lou Girardin
1st February 2006, 07:15
The 30% is does not relate to accidents caused directly by exceeding the speed limit, it's an amalgam of causes including "too fast for the conditions".
The true figure for speeding as a cause is around 7% - 9% as shown in studies by a Queensland road safety survey and by the the UK's TRRL.

Skyryder
1st February 2006, 17:25
The 30% is does not relate to accidents caused directly by exceeding the speed limit, it's an amalgam of causes including "too fast for the conditions".
The true figure for speeding as a cause is around 7% - 9% as shown in studies by a Queensland road safety survey and by the the UK's TRRL.

Oh. Then that's another story. I have taken excessive speed as the point where loss of licence takes place. Looks like it's back to the drawing board. Thnaks for that.

Skyryder

Jantar
1st February 2006, 17:31
If you do manage to find any official stats on this then remeber that 91.2% of all statistics are made up. :zzzz: