PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLESE re: rg150 power valves

KLOWN
31st January 2006, 10:21
I am trying to take apart my power valves because they are not working quite properly and I want to make sure everything is all good.

The pic here shows where i'm at. I need to know where to proceed from here, how do i get the bar (at bottom of pic) out? am I supposed to? I have a pdf fiile that is ment to tell me how to do this. It shows you how to remove little 'screw' in the middle of the bar then the next pic has no bar there and 3 screws to remove. How do i remove the bar????? I have pulled it s hard as i can and no luck so far, I don't want o go over board on forcing it as I don't want to fu*k it up.

KLOWN
31st January 2006, 10:27
sorry, heres the pic

Aiolos
31st January 2006, 20:08
Once that screw is out, it should pull out from the side.

KLOWN
31st January 2006, 21:56
took the screw out but still can't get it. Maybe just need to pull harder. does it come out the 'pulley' side or the other side

SPORK
31st January 2006, 23:00
Aks Alarumba, he knows all the problems widdem

Aiolos
2nd February 2006, 09:52
It comes out the open side, unless you wanna shove it through a few millimetres of aluminium.

nodrog
3rd February 2006, 11:09
took the screw out but still can't get it. Maybe just need to pull harder. does it come out the 'pulley' side or the other side

yes it comes out the "pulley" side like you said.

Coyote
3rd February 2006, 11:15
Aks Alarumba, he knows all the problems widdem
Fuck if I know how I did it in the end. Tried forever to get it out, attacked it with degreaser, left it for a 2 weeks then attacked it with degreaser again and then used needle-nose pliars to wedge it out from the pulley side. Only problem with this is a chipped a bit of the metal away around the pulley seal.

You can give it a shot, but I just took mine into the shop and they said someone had been mucking around with it (me and the previous owner jindaworm) and one of the valves was stuck open. I got Motomart to sort that out, de-coke the pipe and tune it properly and it cost 325 bucks.

ZorsT
3rd February 2006, 18:42
If you have removed the allun screw then it should slide out.

If its still not coming out, then use a flat nosed screwdriver to help...

KLOWN
3rd February 2006, 23:49
well, managed to get them out, one spring was broke and they were black as. I managed to fu*k the 3 screws that held them inplace and the grub scew that heldd the bar in place. Took them down to phil turnbils and the workshop said give them a clean and get the new parts and will be good as. less than $10 for the parts and they will be here on tues. Have been sanding down all the parts with 1000grit paper for the last 5 hours or so they are soooo shiney.
I was also told that they are not standard rg power valves, they loook like rmx(?) ones. But fu*k it it's all good hope to be back on the road again by wed. Thanks everyone for the help!

Bonez
4th February 2006, 06:15
Shit the thing will be going at warp speed once it's all sorted. :chase:

nsrpaul
4th February 2006, 16:13
well, managed to get them out, one spring was broke and they were black as. I managed to fu*k the 3 screws that held them inplace and the grub scew that heldd the bar in place. Took them down to phil turnbils and the workshop said give them a clean and get the new parts and will be good as. less than $10 for the parts and they will be here on tues. Have been sanding down all the parts with 1000grit paper for the last 5 hours or so they are soooo shiney.
I was also told that they are not standard rg power valves, they loook like rmx(?) ones. But fu*k it it's all good hope to be back on the road again by wed. Thanks everyone for the help!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
never sand the valves , scrape the crap off carfully with a blunt object only
if you sand it , you will increase play/clearance , and if in the wrong part could be real BAD

KLOWN
5th February 2006, 01:26
the power valve form my bike nothing like the ones on the nsr's. But the guys from the motorcycle workshop said to use fine grit sand paper. i guess i'll find out eh? I'm not too fussed anyway, you live you learn.

nsrpaul
5th February 2006, 08:46
yes i relise they are not like nsr valves , that is why it is even more important not to sand them , go to another shop man

nsrpaul
5th February 2006, 08:47
and the nsr valves are a much superior design

Sketchy_Racer
5th February 2006, 08:48
seriously NSR paul,

1000 grit sand paper is like the stuff sitting in your printer. Its a finishing sandpaper to get rid of the scratch marks from other heavyer grit paper.

but i would probably suggest oven cleaner and a bag over night.

nsrpaul
5th February 2006, 08:52
yes , but the valves also have a thin coating on the metal from the factory to help lube/stop them sticking , if you pull a set apart you can normally see where some of it has worn off already

KLOWN
5th February 2006, 16:57
I believe that the nsr power valves are better in reguards to reliability and not dropping into the engine but the suzuki power valves produce more power.
Also my powervalves had no coating on them, they were looking pretty shit. The unburnt oil in the exhaust gases lube the power valves. Not saying your wrong, just what i've been told.

koba
12th November 2007, 14:18
Dragged up from the past, but I wnt to know... who was right?