PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Sniper
31st January 2006, 15:20
I would love to know what other "bright" ideas this women gets.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/plan-to-send-dog-food-to-african-children/2006/01/30/1138469635229.html

Colapop
31st January 2006, 15:24
I reckon it's a bloody good idea. If the food that we consider below standard is considered above standard by other countries, then all power to the woman for using her initiative.
Oh I just had a thought - is this going to be a debate about feeding the starving that can't/won't feed themselves? Or feed them so they can grow up to be terrorists? If it's a bout that then I just meant good on her for using her intiative to help people.

jazbug5
31st January 2006, 15:48
Hmmmm.

What about the local enonomy? And the message it sends to the recipient? (Here, have some dog food..!) Not to mention that it is dehydrated. Will this require a source of purified water in order to be safe? Nestle fell foul of this with their nasty 'free baby milk' sachets. Well, they didn't- the mothers and babies did..! Hmmmmm again.

flash
31st January 2006, 15:58
gees guys (and girl) its only two table spoons of it a day, for al we know the same thing could be in multitablets here.

i say good on her, the news just tryied to burst her bubble....

miSTa
31st January 2006, 16:04
Sounds like a good idea to me - don't see any problem with the ingredients.

myvice
31st January 2006, 16:23
What about our poor dogs?
Just a PT, good on her for trying to help.

BuFfY
31st January 2006, 16:35
It was on the news last night, she has been eating it herself for years and described the taste as being like wholemeal bread... I say good on her.
If they didn't say that it is the same ingredients as in her dog food then noone would care! She obviously thinks it is good enough to feed to humans if she and her children have been eating it for years. (a sprinkle on her food at breakfast or something I think it said)

Virago
31st January 2006, 16:38
The whole issue smelled rather badly of shameless self-promotion.........

myvice
31st January 2006, 17:01
The whole issue smelled rather badly of shameless self-promotion.........
And dog food...

Hitcher
31st January 2006, 17:50
How does that quote go about giving a man a fish and feeding him for a day or teaching him to catch his own fish so he can sit in a boat and drink beer all day?

myvice
31st January 2006, 18:02
How does that quote go about giving a man a fish and feeding him for a day or teaching him to catch his own fish so he can sit in a boat and drink beer all day?
Feed a man dog food and he'll bite you?