PDA

View Full Version : For the newbee's

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 19:31
Ride your bike as if everyone and everything is a homocidal maniac out to kill
YOU.
Mostly you will be right.
I know this is a cynical attitude but I'ts proven true time and time again
This little gem was told to me almost 30 years ago by my ol dad.

Shadows
31st January 2006, 19:35
Yep I was told the exact same thing. He wasn't a Pom was he? I was also told not to ride like a homicidal maniac out to kill myself. That should be suicidal though I reckon.

FROSTY
1st February 2006, 07:07
funnily enuff--he is a pom

MSTRS
1st February 2006, 07:58
Interestingly enough, the Homicidal Maniacs Out To Get You don't stop no matter how long you've been riding.

Sniper
1st February 2006, 08:14
Well said Frosty

Fishy
1st February 2006, 08:21
And treat the centre line around corners like the edge of a cliff. Don't cross it on corners - you could very well end up hurt.

With experience will come knowledge and you will know where you can safely cut corners, until then don't do it.

Grahameeboy
1st February 2006, 08:32
Well done Frosty....applies to driving a cage too.....yes I know hard to believe......but I drive a Mazda MPV....ruddy big people carrier to you folk.....and I still get idiots trying to hit on me.........

I reckon most accidents...even when the cagers fault...can be avoided.....most happen in town so my take is to ride like a pussy around town and ride like a cat on heat out of town....and enjoy

FROSTY
1st February 2006, 09:04
Interestingly enough, the Homicidal Maniacs Out To Get You don't stop no matter how long you've been riding.
Yea mate--but once ya been riding awhile ya just accept that as part of life---newbees honestly believe in "truth ,justice --ohh and that cage driver will stop ......."

Swoop
1st February 2006, 09:09
The training school for HMOTGY does a brisk trade... Classes are always full!:whistle:

MSTRS
1st February 2006, 09:14
You are right. But why is it that cagers don't develop that sense of personal preservation that we hold dear. (yeah I know, but enough of them drive under trucks, buses & trains, don't they?)

FROSTY
2nd February 2006, 20:36
there are a lot of cagers who drive well. Just some seem to think they put on a bullet proof vest when they get in their cars

Roki_nz
3rd February 2006, 17:36
Yeah your right about cagers driving like idiots i drive one as much as i ride my bike and there a fuck wits every where the thing i don't get is that when it comes to a merge your ahead of them they see you L plate and then they blate past you and you end up having to wait to merge !!!! personaly i always give any learner lots of room and not try and kill them which lately cars seem to try and do

John Banks
5th February 2006, 15:34
Here's another one, Frosty:

No one gives way, they're just waiting 'til you're in ramming distance. Be prepared for them to pull out on you.

With only several weeks of riding, I can't count the number of people who haven't given way.

Nicksta
5th February 2006, 16:02
yup.... i do the ride like no one can see you... and everyone is out to get you... seems to work.... i now drive my cage the same way...

NhuanH
5th February 2006, 16:13
Always wear clean underwear.

And respect tha Jandal.

thealmightytaco
5th February 2006, 22:14
And... you can only handle the jandal with a flannel. A soft moistened one.

Roki_nz
7th February 2006, 20:21
[QUOTE=NhuanH]Always wear clean underwear.

Too true

inlinefour
8th February 2006, 05:10
and also lock your bike like every tard is wanting to steal it. I did so to my TT350 and they still stole it...:angry2:

JWALKER
8th February 2006, 06:27
couldn't agree more,

Sniper
8th February 2006, 07:00
The Kill switch is very sneaky. If the bike won't suddenly start, check it.

Deviant Esq
8th February 2006, 08:02
And if it still won't start, take your seat off and replace the main fuse... :angry2:

Not that I've EVER come across this little problem.... :doh: