View Full Version : a brisk start to saturday

Coldkiwi
26th March 2004, 11:27
n/a.. i got double booked!
sorry :stupid:

Zed
26th March 2004, 11:43
n/a.. i got double booked!
sorry :stupid:Well I'm still keen CK despite your mismanagement!...I really NEED to take my new wheels for a good 2hr+ blast. :yes:

Is there anyone else out there in Auckland who wants to go for a ride tomorrow morning (27/3/04)?? Start around 9am finish by lunchtime.

Zed

Hitcher
26th March 2004, 12:31
Zed

What's the story mate? I go away for a couple of weeks and although the place hasn't gone to hell in a handcart, I see you've abandoned your Kawasaki for a Honda... I hope that there's a good reason for this???

Motoracer
26th March 2004, 12:35
Hey there Hitch, I switched brands as well :p

Zed
26th March 2004, 12:52
Zed

What's the story mate? I go away for a couple of weeks and although the place hasn't gone to hell in a handcart, I see you've abandoned your Kawasaki for a Honda... I hope that there's a good reason for this???
I'm not that caught up in makes and models Mr Hitcher, as far as I'm concerned every manufacturer puts out an awesome 600cc sportsbike, so there are plenty to choose from! In this case it was a choice between a Kwaka & Honda...I went with the Honda because the negotiated terms were better! :cool:

Zed

V Twin Raver
26th March 2004, 13:03
Hey Zed

Congrats on the bike - understand your keeness to ride - picked up the VTR 2 weeks ago, done 800ks in 2 weekends. Tommorrows meant to be good weather so could be keen for a ride - maybe Clevedon/Kawakawa or Tuakau/Onewhero way?

Let me know what your plans are & we'll see if we can time it right.

Cheers

Zed
26th March 2004, 13:18
Hey Zed

Congrats on the bike - understand your keeness to ride - picked up the VTR 2 weeks ago, done 800ks in 2 weekends. Tommorrows meant to be good weather so could be keen for a ride - maybe Clevedon/Kawakawa or Tuakau/Onewhero way?

Let me know what your plans are & we'll see if we can time it right.

Cheers
Thanks, we have something in common to achieve then! :cool:

I am keen on going south, either of those two rides are okay by me...Tuakau sounds different!

9am tomorrow at the infamous Autobahn, Papakura could be the plan?

Zed

Coldkiwi
26th March 2004, 16:50
sweet, glad you're still getting a bunch sorted Zed. Sorry for my disorganisation! enjoy yaself

V Twin Raver
26th March 2004, 17:57
OK ZED

9am at Autobahn Papakura sounds like it could be a go at this stage. Where is Autobahn? Is that the BP off the motorway? Sounds good. I am pretty darn punctual so if one of us is a no show by 9:10am we are on our own.

Look forward to catching up.

Cheers

Zed
26th March 2004, 18:03
OK ZED

9am at Autobahn Papakura sounds like it could be a go at this stage. Where is Autobahn? Is that the BP off the motorway? Sounds good. I am pretty darn punctual so if one of us is a no show by 9:10am we are on our own.

Cheers
Punctual- likewise am I (as CK can testify to!! :crazy: )

Looking forward to 9am in the morning then. The Autobahn is the area of shops & s/stn actually on the motorway just past Papakura on the left going south. There is a McDonalds there so lets meet outside for a coffee b4 we blast off...

Anyone else who is keen just turn up- the more the merrier!

Zed

Zed
27th March 2004, 12:26
OK ZED

Cheers
Good riding with you 2day VTR! Thanks for showing me all those awesome roads from Bombay thru Hunua. Couldn't have asked for better weather & minimal traffic. You rode well.

Looking forward to doing it again soon. :niceone:

Zed

V Twin Raver
29th March 2004, 12:38
No prob Zed

Good to catch up for a ride & a bit of a yarn. Look forward to the next ride.

Cheers

Coldkiwi
29th March 2004, 17:20
ok road-tester-zed... how was it? up to expectations? more stable than the zx? much more grunt? brakes?

Zed
29th March 2004, 18:21
ok road-tester-zed... how was it? up to expectations? more stable than the zx? much more grunt? brakes?
Yes CK it was all that I expected- general improvements over the zx...but the real test will be going for a blast with you and also Pukekohe next month.

On Saturday I opened it up a bit but there was still heaps left, and that was only really in the first 4 gears...exciting stuff. However, I found being passed by a Blackbird as I accelerated on a straight in 3rd gear rather humbling :shit:, it is nearly twice the engine size I spose!

Coldkiwi
30th March 2004, 12:26
being passed by a blackbird on the straight... so long as you whup his butt when you get to the next set of corners :)

Zed
30th March 2004, 15:03
being passed by a blackbird on the straight... so long as you whup his butt when you get to the next set of corners :)
Oh we weren't racing or anything! :cool:

Coldkiwi
30th March 2004, 18:02
thats what they all say!
(p.s. I couldn't beleive I got stick for understating my top speed on the poll when i saw what level you'd put yaself on!)

Zed
30th March 2004, 19:27
thats what they all say!
(p.s. I couldn't beleive I got stick for understating my top speed on the poll when i saw what level you'd put yaself on!)
nyuk' nyuk' :laugh: