PDA

View Full Version : F5 finds this site

F5 Dave
26th March 2004, 16:12
Gidday. Well here’s another reason to be distracted from work. Just as I’m getting a bit bored of the usual forums another pops up & this one is local.
Seems I’ve worked out who a few of you are anyways.

I’m Dave, 36 been riding since 16, (first bike twin shock XR250A with worn out knobblies on the road –yueeck!) all disciplines these days but sadly not nearly as many miles as in my 20s. Bucket racer of 15yrs. Only really get to 2 main rallies a year.

Most embarrassing moment: Push starting a friend’s CX500 custom & hoping no-one saw me riding it.

Ms Piggy
26th March 2004, 16:17
Welcome! :apint: Lotsa good people here.

I find this site a great excuse not to do Uni work either! Good for my mental health etc, etc! :yes:

White trash
26th March 2004, 16:20
Big Dave!

Seems we just run into each other everwhere. Welcome, man! Some cool people on this site, some wankers too but you already know who they are :shifty:

erik
26th March 2004, 16:30
Welcome Dave.

I find this site a great excuse not to do Uni work either! Good for my mental health etc, etc! :yes:

I second that! ;)

James Deuce
26th March 2004, 16:58
Gidday. Well here’s another reason to be distracted from work. Just as I’m getting a bit bored of the usual forums another pops up & this one is local.
Seems I’ve worked out who a few of you are anyways.

I’m Dave, 36 been riding since 16, (first bike twin shock XR250A with worn out knobblies on the road –yueeck!) all disciplines these days but sadly not nearly as many miles as in my 20s. Bucket racer of 15yrs. Only really get to 2 main rallies a year.

Most embarrassing moment: Push starting a friend’s CX500 custom & hoping no-one saw me riding it.

Good lord!! That's Mr T, isn't it??

White trash
26th March 2004, 17:04
Seems we know more than a few of the same people, Jim!

What a laugh :D

LB
27th March 2004, 05:03
Hi there F5 - indeed you know some people here already!

Welcome to the site - it's a great forum.

We must pop down for that coffee some time soon.

Firefight
27th March 2004, 06:27
Gidday F5, welcome to the site.

A great sorce of information, humor , sarcasim, fun and of course old fashioned bull shit, not to mention bad spelling.

Firefight. :wacko:

DebK
27th March 2004, 18:47
Hi Dave. Nice first posting.

Watched the buckets & motards at Kaitoke kart track late last year. Looked like hella fun. When's your next meeting? Keen to watch again.

DebK
27th March 2004, 18:51
Geez Lynda, do you have a dairying background?! You're always up before sparrow fart & posting replies :D

LB
29th March 2004, 05:49
Geez Lynda, do you have a dairying background?! You're always up before sparrow fart & posting replies :D
yeah, actually I do....brought up on a dairy farm in the Waikato. Can't get out of the waking early habit!

F5 Dave
29th March 2004, 10:41
Cheers guys. Not sure re the bucket calendar, we are submitting for some new dates at Kiatoke but there are some mixed views in the karting fraternity. Some love us & some blame us for damage to the track and/or don’t like motorbikes anyway.

It is their track so we are at their mercy, by & large they are a nice bunch of peoples. General invite to anyone who wants to have a go, bring your leathers we’ll always find time for some first timers to go out for a play in between races & there are plenty of bikes people will lend.

Just been to the Blenheim track this weekend. That is a fabulous track.

F5 Dave
29th March 2004, 15:17
Just found out today; General Motors is the next race meet on Sunday 4th. Is a very casual venue, the old plant is next to the golf club on that back road they hold the drags on in upper hutt, or more correctly Trentham I guess. Ie: up camp road & follow road around to the left for a way.

Kickaha
29th March 2004, 16:58
Just been to the Blenheim track this weekend. That is a fabulous track.

Yeah pity you had to leave so early as it was back to Martys for food/alcohol and videos afterwards.

Good to have you down even though you're way to fast for me to keep up,hopefully we will be up later in the year and there will be another Blenheim meet later this year.

We'll be giving everyone who didn't attend a hard time as we want a heap more bikes next time

pete376403
29th March 2004, 17:09
Just found out today; General Motors is the next race meet on Sunday 4th. Is a very casual venue, the old plant is next to the golf club on that back road they hold the drags on in upper hutt, or more correctly Trentham I guess. Ie: up camp road & follow road around to the left for a way.

Alexander Road

Hitcher
29th March 2004, 18:20
Welcome F5 -- another Wellingtonian too!

Like Lynda, I too was raised on a dairy farm, but I never quite got the hang of the early rising gig...