PDA

View Full Version : Last Nights Fireworks

WRT
2nd February 2006, 10:55
Just a couple of pics of the fireworks set off as part of the Chinese NY, and the Sky Tower's birthday. Taken from the top of Mt Hobson, thought those outside Auckland might like to see them!

If anyone else has some (say a professional photographer with better pics than my amaturish attempts at night time photography), feel free to add them in!

Postie
2nd February 2006, 10:57
it was a shit display in contrast with the firworks that the waterfront put on 2 days prior. i think Sky City just kept all their firworks from November from the Warehouse....

WRT
2nd February 2006, 11:01
Did see the waterfront ones, I think they were set off on Sunday while I was in Hawkes Bay. Bummed I missed out on them, but hey, what can ya do?

The display wasnt outstanding last night, but if you feel you can do better, I'm sure we can convince them on the top floor to let you use it as your staging point? ;)

Postie
2nd February 2006, 11:08
Did see the waterfront ones, I think they were set off on Sunday while I was in Hawkes Bay. Bummed I missed out on them, but hey, what can ya do?

The display wasnt outstanding last night, but if you feel you can do better, I'm sure we can convince them on the top floor to let you use it as your staging point? ;)

your on, all i have to do is stick some rockets between my arse cheeks and set them off, that at least would be more entertaining....

bugjuice
2nd February 2006, 11:17
shots from the shore..

i got about a dozen, and they didn't go on for too long. So half the shots i got didn't really turn out, cos I was playing with the settings trying to find the best few. These are the ok ones I got..

Rashika
2nd February 2006, 11:20
ahhhhh...very purdy! :apumpin:

Sniper
2nd February 2006, 11:55
Very nice. FIRE!!!

N4CR
2nd February 2006, 13:28
Looks like a giant sparkler, Albeit a few billion dollars worth..

bugjuice
2nd February 2006, 13:39
actually, I read in the Herald that that 5 minute display, blew up $40,000 worth. They could have given me that, and I'd have tried with half of that to have made it bigger.
then keep the other half :p