PDA

View Full Version : Ride this saturday

Firefight
26th March 2004, 18:16
ride this saturday, meet at Autobahn papakura(thats the south bound one)
latte first depart @10.00hours, tx if running late, we will wait for 10minsm destination, H/way 22, and around.

Firefight. :crazy:

MikeL
26th March 2004, 21:39
Tempted to join you FF, but have a (car) trip to Tauranga planned. Next weekend, perhaps.
Oh, yes, I got back on a bike today for the first time since the accident.
:niceone:

Firefight
26th March 2004, 21:44
Tempted to join you FF, but have a (car) trip to Tauranga planned. Next weekend, perhaps.

way to go Mike.. well :done:

6Chris6
26th March 2004, 22:23
Woo hooo. Back in the saddle eh! Good stuff Mike

6Chris6
26th March 2004, 22:25
ride this saturday, meet at Autobahn papakura(thats the south bound one)
latte first depart @10.00hours, tx if running late, we will wait for 10minsm destination, H/way 22, and around.

I'll be on time this time :o

Firefight
27th March 2004, 16:43
Finished Night shift, home for quick breaky and then back up to Papakura to meet the boys,, Lemon Buyer, sAsLex, Marmoot,& Myself, from Auto bahn,to Drury, old GSR, bombay, up the exspress way for a short blat, turn off top of Bombays, down ridge road, Tuakau, and on to 22,,after a short time, Marmoot to the front of the group and man did he set a great pace(thanks mate good to finally meet you in person, on to Naike, promise not to use the old joke about running shoes, Marmoot departs the group for quick ride back(and I mean quick), down to Narawahia, morning tea, one of out group having a few over heating probs, so we decided to return back the way we came, got back to bombays, with no drama, quick coffee, and split up..

thanks again guys, another great day :eek:

Firefight :crazy:

Andrew
27th March 2004, 16:56
I went for a short ride out to Muriwai beach with BB. Nice weather and good company! Are you guys still riding tomorrow?

Firefight
27th March 2004, 17:07
I went for a short ride out to Muriwai beach with BB. Nice weather and good company! Are you guys still riding tomorrow?

Glad you guys had a good day, No I won't be ,Ia'm spending the day with Mrs F/F

Mr F/F

6Chris6
27th March 2004, 17:11
No çause my bikes a piece of sh#t :argh: .

Thanks again FF and Saslex for being so patient :grouphug:

MikeL
27th March 2004, 20:15
Another great ride apparently - and without the FF jinx (not that I believe any of that anyway...). Lemon Buyer, I assume yours was the one that was overheating? Was that after flushing the cooling system out?
The wife and I went down to Tauranga in the cage. Stopped at the Autobahn Papakura for breakfast and admired the parade of bikes. Group of Triumph riders off to Waihi, followed by a motley collection of old British bikes - Nortons, BSAs etc. And all the way down and back there were bikes everywhere. Never seen so many on SH2. Huge group of Ulybod types at Katikati. Of course it all made me green with envy...and impatient. But had a nice relaxing time at the Mount - a dip in the salt water hotpools, a walk along the beach followed by lunch at a cafe. Back in Auckland by 5 and since there was a bit of time to spare before dinner, hopped on the CB1 and headed off for 40 minutes of bliss.
So, FF, if there's a ride next weekend, count me in. Might just be a bit slower, though...

Firefight
27th March 2004, 20:29
So, FF, if there's a ride next weekend, count me in. Might just be a bit slower, though...

Mike ,it would be great to have you back , will that be on the 400,
or have you got a surprise :whistle: lined up for us ??, will be in touch.

DEATH_INC.
27th March 2004, 22:13
We were on 22 as well,pretty sure we passed u guys going the other way....

MikeL
28th March 2004, 08:58
Mike ,it would be great to have you back , will that be on the 400,
or have you got a surprise :whistle: lined up for us ??, will be in touch.

:soon:

I'll probably wait until I'm on holiday in 2 weeks time before starting to shop seriously for a new bike. Trying to make up my mind will be the difficult part. Since I first saw the GSX at Haldane's I've been back to look at a couple of XJR1200s... Decisions, decisions. But for the time being I'm just enjoying being back on the 400. No more buses to work! :D