PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha XV 750

Pat
2nd February 2006, 18:53
Starter motor , this bike imported some 20 years ago and given good service with the exception of the starter motor which has been reconditioned a couple of times but still proves to be unreliable , if the bike doesnt start after a couple of shots on the starter the likely hood of it starting by the starter motor thereafter is remote.Electrics have been checked and all ok.Give it a push and away it goes .I have heard from others that the problem is common.Is there a remedy, I heard from someone that the starter can be modified using a honda integra motor but just a rumour.Anyone who can help please
Pat

Warr
2nd February 2006, 19:02
Starter motor , this bike imported some 20 years ago and given good service with the exception of the starter motor which has been reconditioned a couple of times but still proves to be unreliable , if the bike doesnt start after a couple of shots on the starter the likely hood of it starting by the starter motor thereafter is remote......
So what exactly happens ??
Is the starter motor spinning?
Is the relay clicking
Or just silence ??

Troll
2nd February 2006, 19:04
.I have heard from others that the problem is common.

correct the starter motor was a design flaw

can you fit the starter out of an 1100?

T.W.R
2nd February 2006, 19:07
gidday Pat welcome to the site, enjoy!

Ha starter motors on XV750s lols its a small vice they were renowned for just like the original 920 & 1000 were for splitting sleeves.
its a design fault, that proved to be a common event, a later model XV750 virago starter could be a remedy

FROSTY
2nd February 2006, 19:09
SAVE YASELF A SHIT LOAD OF EFFORT.
Give alex gee a yell--Hes got probably the gruntyest and nicest looking xv in godzone. He knows all about your problem and how to fix it
094168932 ---Ohh FFS tell him Frosty refered you

Waylander
3rd February 2006, 16:45
Refer to my post in the other thread wich I'll probably merge with this one when I can be botherd lol.

and Frosty, where is Alex Gee and would he be able to help me out in getting mine all fixed up and shiney again?