PDA

View Full Version : Who is interested in a Minimoto/Pit Bike race night?

Qkchk
4th February 2006, 15:28
Ok lads and ladies, following from the fun night we had with 'Minimoto Private Race meeting" in December, I would like peoples opinion on another meeting.....

And I have found a suitable place for it............

MidnightMike
4th February 2006, 15:40
Mini choppers rule?:killingme
What a load of fluffy crap.
Thats all.

Qkkid
4th February 2006, 15:45
Mini choppers rule?:killingme
What a load of fluffy crap.
Thats all.
Cant you see that Im only humouring you? :rofl: By the way its for Jaffas only!!

skidMark
4th February 2006, 16:12
hell yer id be there

Qkchk
4th February 2006, 16:38
I'll come and watch. Unless someone wants to lend me their minimoto of course.:msn-wink:
Im sure WT might lend you a Pitbike on a demo basis......... ;)

Qkchk
5th February 2006, 10:33
Right, I have found the perfect spot for racing! It is on fresh new road (tarmac) beautiful for slick tyres. No stones or ruff chipseal. It is part of a new sub-division that is out of the way of traffic and out of peoples faces. Custard has seen it and he gives the big :2thumbsup as 'the perfect track'. It has a roundabout and 2 long straights with some concrete blocks we could use a chicanes.

Now all I need is a show of interest and then work out a race meet time.

aff-man
5th February 2006, 15:07
Right, I have found the perfect spot for racing! It is on fresh new road (tarmac) beautiful for slick tyres. No stones or ruff chipseal. It is part of a new sub-division that is out of the way of traffic and out of peoples faces. Custard has seen it and he gives the big :2thumbsup as 'the perfect track'. It has a roundabout and 2 long straights with some concrete blocks we could use a chicanes.

Now all I need is a show of interest and then work out a race meet time.

Interersted.... but what i gather from our little encounter with the men in blue last time. It was all sweet us racing AS LONG as it WASN'T on the road....

So if we move it to the roads I don't know if they'll press the issue or be sweet as. Hopefully the latter but i'm keen to find out.

Kwaka-Kid
5th February 2006, 16:37
haha yeah dunno if roads so good :S

Qkchk
5th February 2006, 18:34
Interersted.... but what i gather from our little encounter with the men in blue last time. It was all sweet us racing AS LONG as it WASN'T on the road....

So if we move it to the roads I don't know if they'll press the issue or be sweet as. Hopefully the latter but i'm keen to find out.
Well this "racetrack" is down at the end of a cul-der-sac which itself is off the main road and is extremely quiet after hours. It's in an industrial area with no houses around for miles. There is a round-about then a road to the left. I was goin to use the roundabout and the road to the left angle out of sight from the road.......you are hidden behind a huge warehouse......... I've drawn a very ruff map of it layout, the road on the left can be ridden as a long straight or as chicanes. Anyway, whats the worst they can do? Tell us to fob off :whocares: ........It's a good chance to try out those higher geared bikes, the track is 6 - 8 times larger than the previous area........

aff-man
5th February 2006, 18:53
Well this "racetrack" is down at the end of a cul-der-sac which itself is off the main road and is extremely quiet after hours. It's in an industrial area with no houses around for miles. There is a round-about then a road to the left. I was goin to use the roundabout and the road to the left angle out of sight from the road.......you are hidden behind a huge warehouse......... I've drawn a very ruff map of it layout, the road on the left can be ridden as a long straight or as chicanes. Anyway, whats the worst they can do? Tell us to fob off :whocares: ........It's a good chance to try out those higher geared bikes, the track is 6 - 8 times larger than the previous area........

Excellent... maybe we'll top our out this time... Yeh if they tell us to fob of we'll just find somewhere else....

Any idea of a date??

Qkchk
5th February 2006, 20:52
Excellent... maybe we'll top our out this time... Yeh if they tell us to fob of we'll just find somewhere else....

Any idea of a date??
There will be plenty of room to 'top out' believe me ;) The length of one of the straights would be nearly 100 meters long.......as for being harassed by the :Police:, we won't be spotted where it is and it's not like we are out playing with the traffic.........

Can organise for this week, would like to see more riders showing their interest, nothing more dull than watching 2 or 3 bikes chasing each other on such a big track, the more the merrier. Do you know of any other people who have a minimoto Aff-man? I know Postie sold quite a few but I wouldn't have a clue who to. If we can convince White Trash to come and have a play with his Pitbikes... (could be a good night for demo rides - people to try and buy.....)

Wont be Thursday 'cause I have my Thurs Night ride on. What suits the riders?

The Beast
5th February 2006, 21:09
The length of one of the straights would be nearly 100 meters long

The length of the straight at Wgtn kart track is 125m long!!:Punk:

skidMark
5th February 2006, 22:24
do yall know what time it is....street magic whooping time.....

just don't bring the busa qkchk i can beat the magic....i ddnt even get it out of 2nd last time good that it's a bigger circuit....i'm sensing bringing some different sprockets with me for a quick change if necessary...have to get a better idea when i get there aye....but maybe a 16 tooth being a 100 metre straight....the 14 is too slow....hmmm gotta track down a 15 tooth aye ;)

yer lets go people cmon...anyone one....lol

i'm waiting the bikes ready to go lol

Qkchk
6th February 2006, 20:59
Love your effort with the track diagram Dawn!! Nice one. I am looking through my street directory trying to find just where that road is, and the wasteland.. is that Otara?
Nah certainly not Otara! :lol: Have you bugged WT for a pitbike yet?

skidMark
6th February 2006, 21:05
ill come down there with you one day qkchk to test ride the track lol....what area is it in though?

be real keen for it and hopefully some others may bring pit bikes etc

White trash
6th February 2006, 21:09
do yall know what time it is....street magic whooping time.....

Great, you bring the LF, I'll bring a Magic. You're on sonny.

skidMark
7th February 2006, 20:20
lemme guess....yours is fully worked.....and i'm shitty rider ...sorry had to bring out some moto gp quality excuses haha

Qkchk
10th February 2006, 15:46
What we can do is a have a smaller group race, just to test the waters.... I know there are a few guys out there keen as mustard but don't want to get involved 'cause it's on a road. If we have a "dummy run" first, (hopefully they will bring their bikes down anyway) and once they see the track and where it is, things will change....

How about Weds 15th Feb?

texmo
10th February 2006, 19:17
and I will bring my scootah

mr me
12th February 2006, 17:39
Let me no where and when could be keen on bringinging my boy down to kick as s:moon:

Qkchk
12th February 2006, 19:46
Ok, so I cant do Weds night........... :doh:

Here we go.......... lets say Friday the 17th meeting at 7pm in Onehunga .... do I have any takers?

PM me for the site details.

skidMark
12th February 2006, 19:49
i will be there....

but maybe if it could be a little earlier...as it's a bit dodgy racing when it's darker?

say 6 or earlier...i spose people have to finish work though?

skidMark
12th February 2006, 19:52

i won't be racing too hard...not enough protective gear...maybe this is an insentive for me to buy some gear from work this week...knee sliders armor shirt etc....getting expensive though.....and ic dunno if i should get motox gear...may look a bit stupid in sportsbike gear though spool jacket etc....

hmm spend money ...AHHHHH!!!!

Qkchk
12th February 2006, 19:52
i will be there....

but maybe if it could be a little earlier...as it's a bit dodgy racing when it's darker?

say 6 or earlier...i spose people have to finish work though?
Lets see a show of hands.......... Im ok for an earlier start.

Qkchk
13th February 2006, 19:58
Hey if you wanna have a go in a safe enviroment (on a road but no where near traffic...) on some fresh, excellent surface.......lets see some interest! Or I will just pull the pin. Simple.

skidMark
13th February 2006, 20:58
eeeekkkkk.....

anything but that...

maybe make a new thread in meetings and events? i spose people have stopped looking at this one put up one saying it's actually happening maybe?

Qkchk
15th February 2006, 09:24
eeeekkkkk.....

anything but that...

maybe make a new thread in meetings and events? i spose people have stopped looking at this one put up one saying it's actually happening maybe?
Ok, have made new thread in Meetings and Events; http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=24704

Meeting at McDonalds Onehunga (Church Street) at 6.45 leaving at 7pm. See you there.....