PDA

View Full Version : Taupo trackday Three

FROSTY
11th January 2006, 21:59
<b>The Great KB Track Day III</b>SUNDAY 21st May 8.30-4.30
TAUPO RACEWAY, NEW TRACK
TAUPO

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe fun environment. 4 speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 4 SEPERATE groups. Groups will be Slow/novice, Med up to 600cc, Med 600cc plus, and Fast. Numbers will be strictly limited to 75 people to ensure a safe environment.

Only 15-20 riders on the track at any one time.

Weather permitting I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time. Subway will provide lunch as part of the entry. Bottled water will be available all day. (Flavored and plain 750/800ml) St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained marshals in RT contact around the track. Payment of a $50 non refundable deposit or payment in full of $100 secures you a place. Numbers will be strictly limited on a first come first served basis. All the details are in the 4 posts following. Please read through THE FOLLOWING 4 POSTS ESPECIALY the rules and format

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LETS ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY

I can be contacted on 0210354615 or (09) 8322557 a/h or 4456236 biz
tfrost@xtra.co.nz
FOLKS A REMINDER THAT BALANCE OF PAYMENT IS DUE TODAY-i DO ALLOW TILL TUESDAY 2.5.06 FOR THE MONEY TO SHOW UP

FROSTY
Please note -DEPOSIT is NON refundable. Sorry guys n gals this is FIRM.
tHIS IS THE LIST OF ATTENDEES -PLEASE CHECK YOUR NAME IS ON IT
PAID IN FULL

1 BABY B 100
2 ERIC 100
3 WEASEL 100
4 toast 100
5 ducman2 100
6 dreamer 100
7noose 100
8KEYSTONE 100
9 SKELSTAR 100
10BOOMER 100
11 MRS SCOOTERBOYNZ 100
12 COWPOOS 100
13slowpoke 100
14MT TROUSERS 100
15 ducman 100
16r4q2 100
17 Corgie100
18manxkiwi 100
19 raster 100
20 leong 100
21 dss3 100
22 can1 100
23 can2 100
24slickd 100
25 warr 100
26ninjaboy 100
27 motobob 100
28 roo 100
29 Death Inc 100
30 Aj turbo 100
31clair 100
32 clint640 100
33rosie 100
34velox 100
35 Kiwifruit 100
36 Arven 100
37M1CRO100
38kicking zebra 100
39 mcpedro 100
40 jonty 100
41 2 much 100
42 brad 100
43WRT $100
44Prowsey $100
45Fish $100
46 MD 100
47 wendy 100
48 john 100
49 wilma 100
50 bugjuiced 100
51 loosebruce 100
52E MAN 100
53 Uncle b100
54bjme 100
554komholio 100
56 Spud 100
57 Bakeha $100
58strat 100
59 KAWAGREEN 100
60just some guy 100
61slob100
62 Rossi girl 100

DEPOSIT PAID BALANCE ON THE DAY

1 Fluffy Cat $50
2 adamgoss 50
3 Draco 100
4 sue VFR 50
5Chris M 50
6 Tuto50
7strange one 50
8KICKAHA 50
9 TREV 50.10
10d peri 50
11Quazievil 100
12 Speedmedic 50
13 tim f 50
14gixerboy 50
15adrlnlnhi 50
16 ricky fzr 50

organiser riders
trisha1000
Frosty
Doogal
SHAUN
MOTORACER
NICKO
MADDUCK

Spank Me
Trumpy
jahrasti

FROSTY
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.

1) Bike setup/gear setup.
ALL BIKES/RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
basicly bike needs to be able to pass a WOF but below are some specifics.
No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road bikes.
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.
GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(again those w
No open tube ends on handlebars. (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
Brakes to work propperly front and rear.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .
Riding gear-A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
gloves,bike boots,cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece.suit.
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
-Blown fork seals (oil not running down the fork leg) ,slightly worn swing arm bearings and similar may not stop you getting on the track -BUT as a couple of members have discovered it really mucks up your handling and spoils your enjoyment of the day.Its a great excuse to get those niggly little issues sorted.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
7 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.
8)dont look back -the onus is on anyone passing you to do so safely
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators Riders must not be under the influence before the meeting or during .-this is a rule from taupo car club not me
Again guys N gals I really want one and all to have a good time so these rules are to protect us all.

Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by marshalls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) and there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety

Track day timetable--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money and sighn the indemnity form.also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike and be wearing all ya gear.
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
Changes from last track day.
1) FLAGS--Red flag waved means SLOW to cruising pace--NO PASSING -
and leave the track via the pits exit -Also please ride OFF of the propper line (Il explain that on the day)
DO NOT stop on the track.
Yellow flag waved on a corner -SLOW--- no passing on that corner
Chequred flag waved at designated point(probably pits exit)--end of session--also yellow flags displayed at all marshal points in case ya missed it.
Session designations--At the moment the session flags will be red/green/yellow/white.
The session flag will be clearly displayed for the group on the track.
2 Minutes before session change a foghorn will be sounded and the flag for the next session will be displayed.
Changing Groups -Ill only be changing you from one speed group to another at 4 times during the day.The exception to this is if you are clearly in the wrong group and I will change you -either too fast or too slow for your group.
There will be two med groups--up to 600 and 600 plus -(the 636 is 600plus)
There will be a whiteboard with sessions to go and sessions run on it -also a clock showing when the last session started

FROSTY
11th January 2006, 22:00
FOOD MENU FOR TRACK DAY

when sighning in you need to choose your subway for lunch
ALL ARE FOOTLONG SUBS
. All Subs include:
Cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, gherkins, capsicums.
The correct condiment will be placed on each sandwich.

NAME:1 Ham
2 Turkey
3 R/Beef
4 Tuna
5 Seafood
6 Vege

Also when the food is delivered subway will have Cookies for sale @ 60 cents each or 3 for $1.50. Also they will have bottled water 500ml for $2.50 each. No need to pre-order these they will be available on the day!!

Any spectators or riders wanting to buy extra subs can do so AFTER scrutineering till10.30 ish

FROSTY
11th January 2006, 22:00
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I use
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice and the people are both bikers.
DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST IVE ONLY BOOKED 2 BIG ROOMS AND A CABIN--3 BEDS ALREADY TAKEN

FROSTY
11th January 2006, 22:01
I have been asked about pillion sessions--I will NOT have special pillion sessions this time.
But once we're all settled down -most likely afternoon I will allow pillions out in the SLOW group.
I will put any designated pillion sessions on the board.
Also --The wheelie session will be fitted into the timetable--but will be weather dependant

FROSTY
2nd March 2006, 07:27
Folks there has been a question raised re the increased price.
This isn't a case of me suddenly deciding I want to make a huge profit.
JUST to hire the track has gone up from under $1500 to $4475 -YEP A $3000 PRICE RISE
Its a brand new track and its no longer run by a club its run by a profit making company -None of the other fixed costs have really changed. Except Im paying for marshalls rather than having KB marshalls so EVERYBODY gets track time.
The hint I have is that Hampton Downs is goint to be similarly priced.

ZeroIndex
21st March 2006, 13:13
Any price for spectators? I know my bike's too slow for even the pit lane, but I wouldn't mind watching...

Kornholio
21st March 2006, 20:18
Hey Frosty, that 2nd Kornholio is 'Chip' aka Spud...he too backward to know how to do internet banking so he got me to do it for him :D

Cheers

Indiana_Jones
23rd March 2006, 21:59
Any price for spectators? I know my bike's too slow for even the pit lane, but I wouldn't mind watching...

I'm kinda with Zero here, I crashed my bike, but I wouldn't mind bumming a ride down to watch, and bumming a place 2 stay......maybe with some bummed booze lol

ok ok, I might be able to chip in for booze, but I got no work now since my bike is poo pooed :motu:

-Indy

Kornholio
23rd March 2006, 22:09
I'm kinda with Zero here, I crashed my bike, but I wouldn't mind bumming a ride down to watch, and bumming a place 2 stay......maybe with some bummed booze lol

ok ok, I might be able to chip in for booze, but I got no work now since my bike is poo pooed :motu:

-Indy

Bring ya GPz oh and Kelly McGillis too :blip:

FROSTY
23rd March 2006, 22:13
ok -spectators are free

Indiana_Jones
23rd March 2006, 22:14
Bring ya GPz oh and Kelly McGillis too :blip:

Even better, I'll bring Buffy with me :blip:

-Indy

ZeroIndex
23rd March 2006, 22:40

-Indy
Lol, i'm gonna do it just for the ride to and from Taupo... and get to watch some bikes going round a track... I'll probably head back the same day...

Rosie
24th March 2006, 08:12
Lol, i'm gonna do it just for the ride to and from Taupo... and get to watch some bikes going round a track... I'll probably head back the same day...
Noooooo, you should enter. I need other small bikes to keep me company in the newbie class.

hodgeman
24th March 2006, 23:30
Hey Frosty,

It it necessary to have proper leather or cordura riding pants?
I'm still just riding in Jeans, waiting for Quasimoto guy to get back to me,
I'm doing his website for some gear, would love to attend.
THe new Taupo track is wicked, was there last weekend for the NZ V8's.
Aaron Slight did a few laps on a CBR1000, the track was a little bit dusty, so if it's dry be careful everyone!.
But have a blast!.

Jase W
25th March 2006, 13:38
Yeah i'd like to know a bit more about gear... such as do cordura gear have to zip together? Because mine dont....

FROSTY
25th March 2006, 22:15
No cudura doesn't need to zip together -- Same with leather.
I just don't wanna see exposed skin.
The usual cadura or leather jacket means theres a heck of an overlap between the jacket and the pants.

Jase W
25th March 2006, 23:31
Sweet cheers :niceone:

Rosie
27th March 2006, 08:52
How do I know if my jacket is made of cordura or not? Recently bought a Teknic textile jacket, and it came with information about just about everything on the jacket, except what the outer shell is made of.
Pays to figure these things out now, rather than on the day...

Mental Trousers
27th March 2006, 09:58
It's fine Rosie. Cordura were one of the first popular makers of synthetic riding gear so everyone calls it all Cordura.

ZeroIndex
27th March 2006, 10:00
It it necessary to have proper leather or cordura riding pants?
I'm still just riding in Jeans, waiting for Quasimoto guy to get back to me,

I think the main thing is 'common sense' aka "If I fall off, nevermind anyone else, but how much pain will I be in / will i have any skin left." If you feel that what you are wearing is enough, then it is... Race leathers etc are the general acceptance of 'wearing enough' but it all should generally come down to the rider's discretion at the end. I do agree with Frosty saying you shouldn't see any exposed skin

Rosie
27th March 2006, 11:57
It's fine Rosie. Cordura were one of the first popular makers of synthetic riding gear so everyone calls it all Cordura.
Aha. Good to know. I didn't want to turn up and discover that it had to be actual Cordura(TM).

FROSTY
27th March 2006, 19:19
Folks--sorry to sound like a pratt but can we discuss track day in the discussion thread
Rosie -dont sweat it cudura is just a generic name for all that cloth water resistant stuff with armour in it
Zero--nope taint exactly like that --I accept that cudura WILL protect you in a fall as well as leather does> Sure it does self distruct when it does so But the stuff saves your skin even if its F#$#$# afterwards.
Sneakers/2 pairs of jeans/no gloves --well that WONT protect ya in a crash

ajturbo
28th March 2006, 00:02
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.

There will be two med groups--up to 600 and 600 plus -(the 636 is 600plus)

ummm the 650 turbo....??

it's nealy as old as the rider??

na just stirring ya.. i don't care what class:drinkup: :shake:

ajturbo
28th March 2006, 00:03
Noooooo, you should enter. I need other small bikes to keep me company in the newbie class.

it's ok... i will have my gt125......

FROSTY
29th March 2006, 07:49
Basicly Full up folks -from now on its standby only
Sorry I did warn ya

skelstar
29th March 2006, 09:03
Well done for getting the spots filled FROSTY. A large amount of work on your part huh.

hodgeman
29th March 2006, 15:57
Oh well, next time....
Will come watch all you mad men kick arse on the new track, should be a blast.

Matt Bleck
29th March 2006, 16:15
That's a shame, would have been interesting to see how ya injected bike went compared to me carb model.

Mental Trousers
29th March 2006, 16:32
There is standby guys. However, you'd have to grab the places when Frosty let you know.

Good to see it filled up with a rush towards the end. The higher price no doubt had people waiting a bit longer to pay.

I look forward to scaring some thou's ...... :Pokey:

Kornholio
29th March 2006, 20:39
Oh and #50 should be actually F#@kmeat as there is already a fish on here...Fish is his nickname IRL :confused:

FROSTY
29th March 2006, 20:44
Korn--Mate I think Ill stick with his IRC nick--um yea I know Im a prude.

Kornholio
29th March 2006, 21:11
Korn--Mate I think Ill stick with his IRC nick--um yea I know Im a prude.

LOL...sweet as...just added that so the real 'Fish' on KB doesnt think its him/her :sunny: ...

as you weren't... :mellow:

FROSTY
30th March 2006, 08:16
Folks I repeat there are places available on STANDBY --from my experience from the last two trackdays we had about a 5% drop off rate
The first five standby riders will just about 100% get on the track

babyB
30th March 2006, 09:46
:spudflip: :spudbooge :banana: :wari: :spudbooge :spudflip:
:2thumbsup Frosty :2thumbsup
:not: Big Thank You :not:
for everything you have done to make it happen

MadDuck
30th March 2006, 21:36
Oh well, next time....
Will come watch all you mad men kick arse on the new track, should be a blast.

Might be one or two "Kick Arse" women out there too Hodge :mega:

FROSTY
3rd April 2006, 08:23
Guys n gals as already posted Yes i am full up but i will take standby bookings --the top of the standby list just jumps on the end of the definite list if anyone pulls out.
Also anyone wanting to save $20 can pay the balance before end of april

justsomeguy
3rd April 2006, 08:26
Hey Frosty, can you please put me on your Standby List.

How long is your Standby List now?

Warr
3rd April 2006, 08:52
Also anyone wanting to save $20 can pay the balance before end of april
Does that leave me in credit ?

Figured it out :)

pay In full in advance $100 per person -In advance is on or before 30.4.06
...or $120

Velox
3rd April 2006, 17:57
Am I on the standby list Frosty?

Rossi Gal
6th April 2006, 18:31
hey there!! was wondering if you could please put me on you standby list please?? :) thanks heaps. ps. how many are on standby? cheers

FROSTY
7th April 2006, 08:03
velox--all done :2thumbsup rossi girl -wherees da moolah?? :slap:
sorry to be flippant but money in the account is whats needed to get a standby place

ajturbo
8th April 2006, 08:00
There is one place going at the moment ...its mine and as a representative of FMR Racing it will go to the highest bidder.

As Pillion cant make it I have offered my spot to do the admin work....so bring on your best bids boys and gals.

toooo scared to pass me eh??????:scooter:

good one down ..74 to go!!! and i'll have the track to myself!!:apumpin:

ummmm $10.00?:bash:

justsomeguy
9th April 2006, 21:50
FOLKS YET AGAIN TAUPO TRACK MANAGEMENT HAVE FUCKED ME AROUND LONG STORY SHORT tHEY PUT THE PRICE UP $470

Can one of the resident lawyers please have a chat with Frosty and see what the situation is about.

Currently the situation seems flakier than a Bangkok street market.

SlowHand
10th April 2006, 19:06
Currently the situation seems flakier than a Bangkok street market.

dont you mean bombay street market?? :scratch:

FROSTY
11th April 2006, 08:10
ALL SORTED-price is fixed in stone for TD3 and 4

neats
12th April 2006, 00:56

Hi, have entries closed?

Mental Trousers
12th April 2006, 08:58
Hi, have entries closed?

You can go on standby neats. Have a look at the first couple of posts in this thread for the details. At the moment there are 3 people on standby so if you get in quick and deposit some money you'll have a very good chance of grabbing a spot.

Rossi Gal
12th April 2006, 19:02
oh hey sorry dude, didnt realise. whats the details for acc to be payed into? and if i dont get in do we get a refund? cheers. :)

velox--all done :2thumbsup rossi girl -wherees da moolah?? :slap:
sorry to be flippant but money in the account is whats needed to get a standby place

FROSTY
12th April 2006, 19:28
rossi--short version--yep no go on track either a refund or Ill credit ya payment to TD4--your call

Brett
16th April 2006, 18:44
Have you got a date for TD4? I would happily put my name down for that if it is not too far away.

FROSTY
18th April 2006, 21:29
td4 is november 5th

FROSTY
26th April 2006, 21:54
FINAL PAYMENT FOR TD 3 IS DUE THIS SUNDAY -show up in the bank account on/before next tuesday.

FROSTY
2nd May 2006, 01:07
boooing---ok folks we will be locked and loaded as at end of trading today

kiwifruit
21st May 2006, 17:27
Thanks for today Frosty :-)

MSTRS
21st May 2006, 17:46
Frosty would have to be among the toppest blokes I know!

Gixxer 4 ever
21st May 2006, 19:36
Frosty would have to be among the toppest blokes I know!
What this man said. :first:
Thanks for the great ride up from Hawkes Bay people. :sunny: It was a great day. A few bikes went farming from what I saw but that's motor sport I guess. That track need more tyre rubber in it to make it a bit more sticky.
The ride home was sweet with clean roads and the cages all played fair. All in all a great day. Till November aye. Think I will book a place in that one. Well done Frosty and all the people who worked so hard to get this up and running so well.

raster
21st May 2006, 20:27
Fantastic day for the first time on the Duke.

Thanks Frosty!!

Two Smoker
21st May 2006, 20:33
Awesome day out... Cheers for letting me have my first time back on the track at Kb TD3 :niceone:

trumpy
21st May 2006, 20:53
Having only been back on a road bike for 6 months after a 27 year "layoff" (kids, career and blah, blah, blah), track days were something to put off until I got more experience, was riding better etc etc etc and I was quite happy just to help out with the organisation today. But some gentle persuasion from Frosty and I thought "what the hell, I'll wobble my way round one session to keep him happy and then go back to helping". Sorry Frosty mate, I wasn't much help after all.........too busy having fun you see. Joined the slow group, stuffed up just about every corner several times (should know better, been around motorsport long enough...hey I was exited!). In amongst all of that I did manage to get some good lines for a couple of laps, apologies to anyone behind me the rest of the time. Anyways had a great time, learn't a lot, riding improved and looking forward to the next one (although I must admit it is a little depressing to have guys with pillions going a lot faster than I was).
Thanks Frosty for a well organised, fun event.....even the guys who were crashing seemed to be having fun!!

boomer
21st May 2006, 21:32
Top fun..Nice work Frosty Et al :first:

Well after some fun and games at cameilia court the nite before i woke up at 7am thinking.. FEK it's cold down south! Umm.. The kids are still asleep, i'll get another 45mins of shut eye in :blip: I woke up thinking.. why is my face bleeding and sore??... to quickly realise Poos had shared his Trifle with me:Oi:

so off to the track bright and early and theres a huge turnout, get myself in the medium 600 class and had far too much fun! Managed to remove (finally) my chicken strips front and rear and even got the toes down... a first!!!!

Got the learn from Mental Trousers and Keystone19 and at one point Quasi on his fekin 400 ( i was pacing with Keystone.. Honest ) and a little later in the day got the learn from Sudeep and an R1 when i mistakenly didn't see my session had finished and i found my self in teh fast group. That was hilarious.. i'm thinking "i'm puttin on a good pace here".. then ..... vrrrroooooom...not once..but twice as Sudeep and Daryl come flying past. As this stage i'm thinking "WTF Why are these lunatics in teh medium 600 session???!!!" it then dawned on me when i looked behind to see a pack of thousands flyin round the track. What a dick! Sorry Frosty and to the guys if i held up your session whilst this muppet carries on around the track on his lonesome :innocent:

Good to meet some familiar faces and HELLO to all the new faces and names i put together

Cheers Again to Frosty and the rest of the guys/Gals that made the weekend a HUGE success ( Barring the odd mishap )

Im gonna go vege on the couch im shagged :zzzz:

- Boomer

MD
21st May 2006, 23:27
Well tick off another of life's things to do- ride a brand new track.
It was smaller than in the pictures. They say the camera adds a few pounds.
Great to meet some more of these faceless internet names at last.
Had fun but personally a bit disappointed with my pace today. Just couldn't feel confident to lean much or give it the berries out of the turns. Felt like that seal needed some more superglue mixed in with it. No excuses though, I let caution win for a change. Still it was a blast in the fast group, especially when things got crowded on the corners. Some of you Guys I've shared a track with before stunned me with your pace. Big thumbs up. And Death's knee sliders were like following a Guy Fawkes display.
My Wife's a nurse and she reckons all the fags you guys smoke will get you, long before the bikes do. Never seen so many chain smokers in one place. Was Rothmans the secret sponsor?
Shame to see a few too many go for a slide.
Using a trailer for a change sure is the way to cruise home without the aches and pains.

Toast
22nd May 2006, 08:17
I'm with MD, the track was definitely smaller than I'd though. I think that my stcok 2nd and 3rd gears were all I used all day.

Awesome day though! Except there was way too many bins. I'm guessing that it was mostly us Northerners not used to riding on such a cold surface?

I was pretty happy with my own riding. Got my knee down for the first time which was a bonus. Big thanks to Dave (GSF Bandit, I think) for pointing out that my knee was pretty much already there and all I've gotta do is point it outwards...ah, that's better.

It's a pretty technical track, and I cocked up most corners, most of the time, normally running wide, but I started to get a bit more feel for the bike again, after a wet Puke bin, new suspension and not much riding of late, and was able to ride through my mistakes and get back on line.

Overall, top day. Thank you weather Gods, thank you fellow riders, thank you SpankMe, and ofcourse, biggy ups Frosty, hope you're ok mate.

MSTRS
22nd May 2006, 08:55
Does anyone know who blew their engine? And did the oil get cleaned OK?

Warr
22nd May 2006, 09:05
Green?? Kwaka blew an oil line... Looked like the rubber braided line had been rubbing on fairing for some time and let go. Suspect the motor would be sweet

kiwifruit
22nd May 2006, 09:08

After a few laps the track was sweet, just a little care needed.
Dont know who it was

MSTRS
22nd May 2006, 09:09
Green?? Kwaka blew an oil line... Looked like the rubber braided line had been rubbing on fairing for some time and let go. Suspect the motor would be sweet
Dunno. Happened about 3pm as we were getting ready to go home.

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 09:19
What a bloody mint day it was, after a midnight mission from akld to taupo, going to bed at 3am and sudeep waking me up at 6.15am (WTF) me, Dss3 and Motoracer headed off to the track nice n early to set up stuff, we erected the tent in record time got all our shit sorted and kicked back waiting for the fun to start.
1st session is always the cruise around getting used to things again, 2nd session was a bit more serious me and Dss3 got some good passing practice in, in return from the 2nd session it seemed our generator had shit itself (better track day than race day) so off into the 3rd session on cold slicks and yea turn 2 well Daryl can tell the story, but it meant i was on my own, with no daryl to play with, 4th session went out up front with some clear track and Dss3 and Whitetrash ahead, got some heat in and started to push, must catch jimmy, must catch jimmy, who was aboard glens very cool GSXR810, the very bike jimmy claimed was the best he had ever ridden "fact"!!!! Anyway ended up eating this whitetrash guy for breakfast and in the process got timed at a mid 1.12 which to say the least was pretty rapt with, as Stroud and Sam Smith were running 12's at the last PMCC round, Daryl i'd imagine would've been right up there going even faster than 13's he posted at that race as well, the pace was pretty good, and i killed my front tyre good and proper, still couple of corners i'm having issues with, be good once they sort the judderbar in the esses coming back onto the home straight.
There was a fair bit of carnage, much more than i expected to see, thankfully no one got majorly hurt, maybe a bit of pride/ego/bike here and there, dont know why everyone was complaining about the lack of grip on the track though, it's fkn mint out there, stop making excuses!!! (jimbo600???)
Was good to meet some new faces and catch up with the old, MD good to catch up with, been a while mate, Jimbo600, fuck that bike looks shit hot mate, minta, pity it's so slow with you on it, Poo's well poo's um poo's yea moving on, Twosmoker was mint to see you out on the track again, shame you're slow :shake: bring it bitch lol. Whitetrash, bout time you got the learn mate, await your excuse!!! Dss3 for crashing on turn 2,that made the whole day worth while, Death INC, you're prolly the hardest muppet to get past, you made the old girl look good haha , great to meet Sugilite, on ya for making the trip up, see you in a few weeks.

Big ups to Tony and co, well done guys, by far the best track day you've run yet, get well soon mate.

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 09:34
Twosmoker was mint to see you out on the track again, shame you're slow :shake: bring it bitch lol.

Shut up :crybaby: Just coz im slow :crybaby: Personally... i blame the slow R6... and the tyres.... and the track for lack of grip... and the rider... opps i mean nah not the rider...

See you at Vic Club in August-September :stoogie: Where ill be on a real bike.... with NEW tyres :stoogie: hehehe

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 09:55
See you at Vic Club in August-September :stoogie: Where ill be on a real bike.... with NEW tyres :stoogie: hehehe

I was going to put something smart, like, try to stay on it this time, but i cant really talk.

Keystone19
22nd May 2006, 10:25
Thanks to everyone for an awesome day and especially Frosty for organising a pearler - I'm still buzzing!

With all the troubles I've been having on my SV, the plan for the day was to work on the set up with Shaun Harris and see if I could get on top of the bike (instead of underneath it...). Shaun stripped out the rear suspension and put in a softer rear ohlins, tweaked the front end a little and proceeded to take it out for a test run to see what it felt like - jeez Shaun, did you think it was the Isle of Man? Poor SpankMe!

Anyway, he gives it back to me and says take it out for a session and come and see him after. As soon as I got back on I noticed the difference immediately - I could feel what the rear was doing and felt 100% more confident. I'm a nana when it comes to warming up tyres but once I was happy they were up to speed I really started to push the bike. I came back in with the biggest grin on my face! I am stoked with the bike - thanks heaps Shaun!

Highlights of the day were doing a couple of sessions with Nick Odermatt working on lines and stuff (thanks Nick), duelling with Boomer, Mental Trousers and Quasi, playing with Velox in the last couple of sessions and then getting a final blast with Velox, Andrew Stroud and Frosty and working so hard to keep up with them that I got cramp and had to come in - I was stuffed!

Low point - coming back in after the session with Frosty, Andrew and Velox and finding that Frosty had hit the chain as he came in just before us. Heal up soon Frosty!

White trash
22nd May 2006, 10:32
Whitetrash, bout time you got the learn mate, await your excuse!!!

No excuse sunshine, you, Darryl and Nicko bet me fair and square. Although, on a track I'd never seen before, on someone elses bike I'd never ridden, I woulda thought there'd be more than half a second in it.

You da man. Fuck my shoulder aches this morning.

Matt Bleck
22nd May 2006, 10:41
Yeah what a great day, wasn't to sure about going in the fast group but stoked I did. Highlight of my day was going around the fast left hand sweeper thinking I'm doing alright when Whitetrash fly's up the inside followed by death inc around the outside sparks flyin every where, very cool guy's.

The downer for me was totally chewing out my rear tyre in only 134 k's of track time. Felt a little better to see I wasn't the only one.

But all in all it was a primo day, thanks tony and all who made it happen.

Cheers :niceone:

kiwifruit
22nd May 2006, 10:50
I must say i was astounded with the level of carnage,
ive never seen so many bikes hit the deck!

Toast
22nd May 2006, 11:15
Shit yeah, carnage was ridiculous. DSS3 showed that some people never learn when it comes to riding on cold tyres, but that he's fast as phuck and would give me the learn any day (for now, I've got plans).

I reckon that White Trash was one of the smoothest bastards I've ever seen riding. Really quite a touch of class. The fact that he didn't know the track and didn't wanna bin his mate's bike probably had quite a bit to do with it aye LB. If you ever feel like slowing down for a few laps one day WT, would be cool to follow you and try to learn a bit.

Who was the dude on the Corona 600 who was a good sport in the medium 600+ group? You and GSF Bandit made that group a whole lot of fun for me.

That last session in the fast group was way fun, seeing just how early Andrew Stroud and Daryl were getting on the gas was most useful.

White trash
22nd May 2006, 11:24
I reckon that White Trash was one of the smoothest bastards I've ever seen riding. Really quite a touch of class. The fact that he didn't know the track and didn't wanna bin his mate's bike probably had quite a bit to do with it aye LB. If you ever feel like slowing down for a few laps one day WT, would be cool to follow you and try to learn a bit.

Nice of you to say, mate, but in all honesty it was the bike that was smooth, not the dickhead trying to ride it. Always keen to do a few tandem laps, just collar me next time and let me know.

I actually had as much fun just cruising 'round with Poos for the camera in the slower session.

dss3
22nd May 2006, 11:58
What a fun and eventful day. As said, there was quite a bit of carnage out there, which may have been the only low point, especially as I contributed to it! Otherwise heaps of tracktime and really smoothly run day, by far the best KB day to date.

Was cool as always to have a blat with Loosebruce, Whitetrash, Nicko and Death etc, had a ball.

Umm err, the crash, yeah well, guess I just learnt you have to go a lot slower on cold slicks tyres than I thought. Get kinda used to heading out on hot tyres from the warmers. Oh well, another lesson learned... the hard way. Hope there aren't too many of these lessons to learn, dunno If me and the bike can cope with too many more!

Apart from that it was good to get in a few clear laps, didn't have any times done, but was going faster than the 1.13's a couple of weekends ago.

Looking foward to a few weekends away from the track now to get bike sorted for 2nd round VMCC.

Catch ya's
Daryl

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 12:30
Umm err, the crash, yeah well, guess I just learnt you have to go a lot slower on cold slicks tyres than I thought. Get kinda used to heading out on hot tyres from the warmers. Oh well, another lesson learned... the hard way. Hope there aren't too many of these lessons to learn, dunno If me and the bike can cope with too many more!

You are a fucking muppet arent you Fozzie??? But on the other hand, nice riding man, REAL smooth and will be wicked to race with ya down at manfield...

Toast
22nd May 2006, 12:32
Nice of you to say, mate, but in all honesty it was the bike that was smooth, not the dickhead trying to ride it. Always keen to do a few tandem laps, just collar me next time and let me know.

I actually had as much fun just cruising 'round with Poos for the camera in the slower session.

Cheers Trash, will do.

As for 'Poos...I was warming up in the medium session and the came to hand you your ass in the afternoon, but your Suszuki suspension with all of the compliance of a stack of bricks had shagged your tyre and you'd gone off to have a wet eye somewhere. I told you that you need a different set up to on the farm but you wouldn't bloody listen, so serves you and your $300 tyre right.

Seriously I didn't see ya ride except out there with WT. Pretty sure uou would've beaten me on the day had I tried it on ya though. I plan to get back to where I was pre-bin last year though, and a whole lot more, so be ready boi!

Nice drift in the Suby leaving the track btw :niceone: The track manager was pretty pissed. I was pissing myself laughing. It's a stupid, irresponsible thing to do Poos...but you pulled it off with far more class than your average Queen St muppet, so all good.

Waylander
22nd May 2006, 12:58
Nice drift in the Suby leaving the track btw :niceone: The track manager was pretty pissed. I was pissing myself laughing. It's a stupid, irresponsible thing to do Poos...but you pulled it off with far more class than your average Queen St muppet, so all good.
I thought he was mocking the idiot boy racer that came down and did it earlier in the day. Thought it quite appropriate actually.

Anyway, I had fun watching y'all out there and so need to get out on the track myself at some point. Though if I'm not on the track perhaps someone whould tell Frosty that rather than have him hold up the safety speach in the morning yelling at me to hurry up as I womble around looking at bikes.

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 12:58
Umm err, the crash, yeah well, guess I just learnt you have to go a lot slower on cold slicks tyres than I thought.

From my point of veiw if you went much slower you'd fall over, it was pure freak the way it went down, you weren't even cranked over very far at all, prolly about as far as boomer got down to the whole day on that honda of his!!! The only way i could think of was if you braked sudden and hard, which you didn't or if you were quite violent sharp with the turn in which you weren't???? Go figure.

Yea fair enough trashy, you make a vaildish point, you didn't know the track, pah bullocks one session and you'd have your eye in, plus you could latch onto almost anyone out there and get around fine. mind you after i was surprised at how nice you were letting me past, had visons of my TL getting stuffed up the inside of me at puke hahaha, fuck that was funny. Have to swing by and check out this vid footage ya girl got.

boomer
22nd May 2006, 13:02
...you weren't even cranked over very far at all, prolly about as far as boomer got down to the whole day on that honda of his!!!

Just goes to show huh... Smooth fast lines win every time.. none of this loose stuff you boys are into :Oi: :nya: :nya: :finger:

Cheeky ****'er :blip:

emaN
22nd May 2006, 13:06
Thanks Frosty&Co!
A wikkid day.

Found myself riding very cautious like, especially the 1st few laps. Once I started to trust the tyres a bit more I'd get a couple laps in & then have to come back in...but then again, so did everyone else.

Had most of my fun in the last couple of sessions; in one of 'em i joined late as i'd not heard/noticed the horn, so sorry for getting in the way while warming tyres up...

Highlights... a) got passed by Stroudy! b) kept it shiny side up c) loved it
Lows... a) being on a sports-tourer b) finding out about the incident on pit straight.

Oarsum day and it ran smoothly (apart from 'forced' siestas ;))

Mental Trousers
22nd May 2006, 13:33
I must say i was astounded with the level of carnage,
ive never seen so many bikes hit the deck!

I think it was probably cos of the omg new track lets go hard!! thing and because it's a very technical track. I found while figuring things out early on that if you do the wrong thing that track bites real hard.

Great day. I got home just before lunchtime Monday (rode up Old Taupo rd with Spank) and I'm completely farked. Gonna have to have a nana nap I think.

Frosty put on a great day, cheers dude. Also thanks to those that helped him out - Trumpy, Madduck, trashy and whoever else was involved. Great to see plenty of interest in Quasi's gear. I think the motel management do a bloody knock up job too, especially having to put up with poos on Saturday night then the Te Aroha mob on Sunday night. Hanging out with Dreamer was just like being around a friend you've known forever, great to meet you. Thanks to Tony (Weestromer) and Jude for the company and the ride back to the motel after dinner. Thanks to Fatjim for the beers and making me laugh by peeling a piece of pizza of Aria's arse then eating it (the pizza). Thanks to all those people who didn't crash into me. Hope I didn't scare too many people pulling those accidental stoppies (something else on the must fix that list) at the end of the straight. Big thumbs up to Boomer and Keystone for the fun sessions we had on the track.

Sparky Bills
22nd May 2006, 14:10
So who was given the LEARN!??:innocent:

Was that really Poo's doing a wheelie? or just someone wearing his gear?:blip:

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 14:16
So who was given the LEARN!??:innocent:

Well if you had turned up... you would have been given the learn... :bleh:

Yeh, was a good day.

My first time on a track and it was great fun. Managed to get my cornering tidyed up a little... getting some toe down on the corners, and chicken strips are fairly far down.

Thanks for putting it on Frosty, and thanks to everyone else that turned up for bringing some great looking bikes and showing what's possible with a bit more practice.

Counting down to Track Day 4, gonna be sweet.

ajturbo
22nd May 2006, 14:52
fun!! shit yes .. did i ever!! makes a welcome change to be "out there".. instead of waving a flag!!!!

i gave MT the learn a few times especialy when i was on the turbo :blip: ( felt sorry for the poor guy a few other times:innocent: )

but i had the bucket flying... it was interesting to see/note, a couple of the bigger bikes (600cc) were getting in my way in the corners.. i realy hope that i didn't put any of them off !!! and i am truly sorry if i did:nya:

the turbo, for me was bit of a hand full... was never realy comfotable out there on it, but :whocares: ?

the bucket was the time i had fun.... sort out the gearing and it would be a real wepon on that track....in the hands of someone who know how to ride:innocent: ..
ta frosty!

PS.... next track day "mud boy" may be out there on it.... you are all warned!!!:motu:

The_Dover
22nd May 2006, 14:58

Nah, doesn't look like Poo's.

He's much fatter than that.

erik
22nd May 2006, 15:01
It was the second trackday I've been on (last one was the 2nd Taupo KB trackday back in december last year and I was on the Zeal).
Overall I had a great time and learned a bit more, and hopefully improved a bit too.
The first session I took it fairly easy. The second session I was getting more into it, perhaps a bit too into it and ended up going off the track at the kink when I attempted to pass someone on the inside of the kink. I decided against it, braked and ended up riding over the rumble strip then onto the dirt. :Oops:
A lap or two later I lost it on the corner at the end of the main straight. The rear tyre let go, I might've rolled off the edge (they're kind of flat towards the edges, supposed to be a commuting tyre). I remember before it happened that I leaned it a bit further over to tighten the turn. Anyway, it happened so quick that I was on my back sliding along before I knew what was happening. The bike slid on its left side, then flipped when it hit the dirt and bent the handlebar, broke the brake lever and indicator. Luckily I had a spare brake lever and the handlebar wasn't bent too bad.

I took it easy ish on the next few session, tried braking earlier and generally felt like I was riding badly. The next two sessions after that I was getting more into it and concentrating on trying to pick better lines.

All in all a good day. :)

jimbo600
22nd May 2006, 15:28
dont know why everyone was complaining about the lack of grip on the track though, it's fkn mint out there, stop making excuses!!! (jimbo600???)

Ok the track wasn't slippery then, I was slow cos I was doing the pie/suduko thing again. I must pay attention on the track.

Nah you and DSS are getting you A game together. Going bloody well. Plus I know my bike looks mint and I like to keep it that way so I use my sensible gland on the track. Us old cunts do that you know.

dss3
22nd May 2006, 15:31
Plus I know my bike looks mint and I like to keep it that way ...

What exactly are you trying to say about the way our bikes look eh?

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 15:40

Hes trying to say... "Its fucking ugly like you..."

dss3
22nd May 2006, 15:44
Hes trying to say... "Its fucking ugly like you..."

Shouldn't you be out polishing your leathers or something? I think you got a little bit of dirt on them...:nya:

clint640
22nd May 2006, 16:17
Top marks to Frosty for a well organised day. Sorry to hear about the accident.

I had a ball on the KTM. A technical track like that is huge fun on a dirtbike & getting the jump on the odd shiny sprotsbike with less than 1/2 their power is always good, OTOH there were some guys out there going bloody well on some pretty rugged gear & a few that could get their moneys worth out of their shiny sprotsbikes too.
My suspicions that the big 21" front tyre might let go without warning were confirmed coming off pit straight though. Bro-in-law Brad had commented that the track was a bit slipperier off the racing line & he was dead right. Dirt bikes are made to be crashed however & my leathers look a bit less gay now.

Cheers
Clint

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 16:43
Shouldn't you be out polishing your leathers or something? I think you got a little bit of dirt on them...:nya:

Dirt is the new look Daryl, didn't you know?

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 16:51

Give me a season of racing and mine will look better than yours...

ajturbo
22nd May 2006, 16:58
Top marks to Frosty for a well organised day. Sorry to hear about the accident.

I had a ball on the KTM. A technical track like that is huge fun on a dirtbike & getting the jump on the odd shiny sprotsbike with less than 1/2 their power is always good, OTOH there were some guys out there going bloody well on some pretty rugged gear & a few that could get their moneys worth out of their shiny sprotsbikes too.
My suspicions that the big 21" front tyre might let go without warning were confirmed coming off pit straight though. Bro-in-law Brad had commented that the track was a bit slipperier off the racing line & he was dead right. Dirt bikes are made to be crashed however & my leathers look a bit less gay now.

Cheers
Clint

sooo it was YOU eh?... you should've come out with me, when i was on the bucket.. i would have given ya the "learn"!!! ya pussy....
what do ya mean it was slippery .. i never had the bucket sliding!:shake:

na seriously it was fun to watch you carve up the bigger bikes... it looked a bit close sometimes though...( me who knows everything)

dss3
22nd May 2006, 16:59
Dirt is the new look Daryl, didn't you know?

For sure man, dirt, and rape tape... did I say rape tape? I meant duct tape... whoops.

kickingzebra
22nd May 2006, 18:26
Bloody brilliant!! Cheers to team muppet racer for the use of aforementioned duck tape!
My favourite part of the day? Watching everyone get the trademark Andrew Stroud Learn... Was wicked to watch you bloody fast guys!!
And I spose on a morbid note, was really good how well the quasi leathers held up sliding over the track!! Very impressed!!

raster
22nd May 2006, 19:01
Great first day out for me, although I was a little worried about scratching my bro's beautiful Duke I hung around with the learners(hope I didn't scare too many people as I roared pass them, I know the feeling) for the morning but found I had no one to get the learn from so went up to the next group, sorry for those I held up. Did get some rubber removed from my boots and completely removed the chicken strips.

WOW!!!!!

Thanks to everyone involved in the running of the great day.

Are there any photos/vids around.

jimbo600
22nd May 2006, 19:18

Yours looks OK, well it did before Sunday. That lanky fucker Bruce's looks like crap.

Velox
22nd May 2006, 20:59
Had a GREAT time!!! What a fun bit of track. By the end of the day I was still was double braking at the end of the main straight so I'll need to sort that next time.

My tyres were absolutely ripped to shreds on the sides - peeling off all over the show. Sugilite said it was 'cold shearing' so we lowered the pressure and they still did it. I hear there were a couple of others that this happened to aswell? And I also hear that it's a characteristic of the Taupo track to do this??? Weird.

Frosty - hope you're patching up quick mate. It's SO lucky it wasn't any worse than it was. Thanks heaps for organising the whole shinanigan too!!! And for the last hoon around the track - wish I'd asked Andrew for a few pointers but completely didn't occur to me at the time. Stink.

We had a real good ride back today too - warm and still throughout the whole lower north island by the looks of it. Great ride.

I also just want to say that even though there were crashes in almost every session (and up to 4 in one!), none of them were Wgtn people.:first:

Good to catch up with everyone!

Nice to meet you too... started to get confusion when people were shouting out for weasel and not meaning me.

Was well happy when overheard someone saying that "Weasel is pretty fast out on the track" or words to that effect, only for someone to say, "yeh, SHE's pretty fast alright"

Meh...

jimbo600
22nd May 2006, 21:17
Cheers Frostus for a good day. Well organised and run. Good show what. Rear tyre was torn and blistered by the end of play. Might wait awhile before I revisit taupo and wait for some rubber on the track to mellow it out a bit. So, thoroughly enjoyed myself, apart from when some twat backed his bike into my new K6 GSXR at scruntineering and put a big munt in the fairing. Cheers for that you cunt.

Jonty
23rd May 2006, 08:49
Cheers Frosty, it was my first track day and I still have a smile on my face. Spent much of the day trying to catch up with weasel but to no avail. Gave her the learn on the way home though when I managed to steal her bike:nya:

Nice to meet so many of you - see you all next time.:first:

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 09:16
Yeah great trip for us welly folk who rode there. Had a decidedly average day on the track and just couldnt go fast. Got the learn from most. Noticed a huge improvement on the trip home so am quite pleased. Was quite nice to be riding fast around a nice and smooth sweeper (unlike Manfield's).

Great to catchup with some of the Aucks, and to meet some new people. Catch ya again real soon.

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 10:37
Cheers Trash, will do.

As for 'Poos...I was warming up in the medium session and the came to hand you your ass in the afternoon, but your Suszuki suspension with all of the compliance of a stack of bricks had shagged your tyre and you'd gone off to have a wet eye somewhere. I told you that you need a different set up to on the farm but you wouldn't bloody listen, so serves you and your $300 tyre right.

Seriously I didn't see ya ride except out there with WT. Pretty sure uou would've beaten me on the day had I tried it on ya though. I plan to get back to where I was pre-bin last year though, and a whole lot more, so be ready boi!

Shhhhhh you twat....don't tell frosty that was me....!!!!

Yer was a fuckin mint day catching up wif everyone....meeting a couple of new faces....and yer I had issuse with my rear tyre it was just ripping to shreads and balling up and letting go coming out of corners...and it let go in a big way a handful of times...once causing a almost very nasty tankslapper..so I just sulked and winged and did a few wheelies [the hangover was a lil bit of a issuse too...errr]..but gutting that a tyre that had 400km on it before the trackday and I think I only did 60km at the track and it ain't a warrentable tyre no more...and oddly it seems to be a comon thing with metzler racetechs that day and the last time I was there...and not just on my bike...hmmm...people running pirelli super corsa pro's and michelin power races didn't seem to get the same problems...might be something in that...
Good to see daryl keeping the team muppet tradition going by havin some squid bin in style...was awesome seening alot of you out there riding...alot of peoples improved shitloads during the day...and everyone seemed to be having a larf and a good time...big ups to frosty,et al....

Matt Bleck
23rd May 2006, 10:51
people running pirelli super corsa pro's and michelin power races didn't seem to get the same problems...

My pirelli super corsas did the same thing, now totally f*#ked after 134ks of track time! :bye:

Kornholio
23rd May 2006, 11:24
Shhhhhh you twat....don't tell frosty that was me....!!!!

Yer was a fuckin mint day catching up wif everyone....meeting a couple of new faces....and yer I had issuse with my rear tyre it was just ripping to shreads and balling up and letting go coming out of corners...and it let go in a big way a handful of times...once causing a almost very nasty tankslapper..so I just sulked and winged and did a few wheelies [the hangover was a lil bit of a issuse too...errr]..but gutting that a tyre that had 400km on it before the trackday and I think I only did 60km at the track and it ain't a warrentable tyre no more...and oddly it seems to be a comon thing with metzler racetechs that day and the last time I was there...and not just on my bike...hmmm...people running pirelli super corsa pro's and michelin power races didn't seem to get the same problems...might be something in that...
Good to see daryl keeping the team muppet tradition going by havin some squid bin in style...was awesome seening alot of you out there riding...alot of peoples improved shitloads during the day...and everyone seemed to be having a larf and a good time...big ups to frosty,et al....

Hell yeah had a ball...being a track virgin(my cherry has been popped) the first couple of laps were a bit hairy but started to settle down and had a blast

Was very impressed with Stroud and Co flying past me... there is definitely room for improvement for me yet :D

Did some 'meh' wheelies in the lunchtime session with Poos(even a couple of average stoppies)

Awesome entertainment with the Boomer/MTrousers/and some chick(sorry forgot your name) battle of Medium 600 group...was some good dicing and elbow bashing(nearly) ...got it all on DVD too guys :D

'LOL' of the day goes to Boomer who for some reason his battery kept going dead when he went to start his bike....strange, had charged it up the nite before??... Whilst trying to figure out what problem could be Dunc mentioned that he would turn the key on for 5 mins beforehand(god knows why)and then would try and start bike(headlights were still connected...........)

Cheers for those who organised everything and kept a few locals up in Camellia court I think on Sunday nite after the racing.... Pity you couldnt get there Frosty but we had a few for ya :D

Nice to meet whoever I met and cant wait for the next one

Mental Trousers
23rd May 2006, 12:01
Awesome entertainment with the Boomer/MTrousers/and some chick(sorry forgot your name) battle of Medium 600 group...was some good dicing and elbow bashing(nearly) ...got it all on DVD too guys :D

Dude, I want a copy of that!!! It was me, Boomer and Keystone, all busy trying not to crash into each other :blip:

Hope you got the bit where I went up the inside of Boomer under brakes then we were side by side through the hairpin and the next right until I finally got in front. That was way cool. After that track day I'll ride along side Boomer or Keystone anytime cos I know they're not going to suffer brain fade and punt me off into the bushes.

Cheers for those who organised everything and kept a few locals up in Camellia court I think on Sunday nite after the racing.... Pity you couldnt get there Frosty but we had a few for ya :D

I was knackered afterwards. A few beers did the trick just nicely. Nobody came out and yelled at us so it was all good.

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 12:04
Dude, I want a copy of that!!! It was me, Boomer and Keystone, all busy trying not to crash into each other :blip:

Oooh, yes please, I'd love to see that too!

Kornholio
23rd May 2006, 12:42
Sorry Keystone, it was you....

Yep it was the battle royale alright...will be getting memory card and dvd disc off Fish in next day or so so will post what I can :D

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 13:27
I admittedly passed someone riding a little two-stroke in the first sess...not without much soul searching and with 4 others making the manouvre before me.

Quasievil
23rd May 2006, 13:28
I had a great time hooning around the track, pity though I think I might need some new tyres in a few more months, only had those Dunlops for one year and a full season of racing as well as 4 -5 trackdays, sheeeesh whats that all about???? should last longer dont ya think:motu:

I Got a bit more soughted with the track and feel more comfy with it, I think me bike is basically all soughted now so not much to do, maybe a gearbox rebuild re gearing but that would be all.

Shaun Harris can take 100% credit for my bike, was shite now its a race bike true and true, good thing it didnt cost fuck all for him to do it either, I think a bit of Kiwi ingenuity and good sence knowledge as opposed to "lets bolt expensive bits on" goes a long way!!!

Good Day Frosty mate, very well run, I couldnt believe how much track time I got, that was fucken brilliant organising mate!!!

loosebruce
23rd May 2006, 13:29
And what about the others in the slow and the medium group that also had the same restriction placed on them and ignored it, you going to name them and call them retards and dicks as well? or is it just him you want to single out for some reason?

In hindsight kik with the speed of your beast in a straight line it would've been torture for most people to stay behind you :nya: on ya for making the trip up mate. Must get down to Ruapuna one day, will you n ya bucket be available to show me some lines?

dss3
23rd May 2006, 13:43
Reckon the worst passing manouvre of the day I saw was done by me! Eh 2much! Sorry about that again aye bro!

Rosie
23rd May 2006, 13:51
I admittedly passed someone riding a little two-stroke in the first sess...not without much soul searching and with 4 others making the manouvre before me.

That was me. I didn't mind. I was more worried about forming a huge campervan-like queue behind me because no-one was supposed to pass (and the potential humiliation of having to pull over so everyone could pass). I didn't see any dodgy passing all day. And I'm pretty sure everyone in the slow group passed me at least once.

Kickaha
23rd May 2006, 14:13
In hindsight kik with the speed of your beast in a straight line it would've been torture for most people to stay behind you :nya: on ya for making the trip up mate. Must get down to Ruapuna one day, will you n ya bucket be available to show me some lines?

What are you talking about it'd indicate 120kmh (125km if flat on the tank) down the straight and up the hill and I passed a lot more people than passed me, you're just lucky I didn't take the FXR out in the fast group and show you up :bleh:

Got past quite a few in the medium 600 group to on the RD350LC as well, not bad for a bike made before half the people at the track were born :lol:

I'll glady show you some lines at Ruapuna if you can keep up :shake:
there's a spare bed here if you ever come down

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 14:16
Kick im sorry I diddnt get more track time with ya. I was coming over several times to offer ya a ride on the sv-but got sidetracked

boomer
23rd May 2006, 19:19

'LOL' of the day goes to Boomer who for some reason his battery kept going dead when he went to start his bike....strange, had charged it up the nite before??... Whilst trying to figure out what problem could be Dunc mentioned that he would turn the key on for 5 mins beforehand(god knows why)and then would try and start bike(headlights were still connected...........)

It's hard work to concentrate of the track when your in teh zone :bye: hehehehe Fukin muppet i am :confused:

I'd love a copy of that too bro as theres some good dueling with MT and Keystone and if it's the one i think it is i gave 'em both the LEARN :first: unless its the other session where they both gave me the LEARN!! :shutup:

if anyone's got a shot of me passing SpeedMedic on teh hairpin i'd be keen to see that too, wanna know if it was safe or not :slap:

bloody gun fun! Specially the dude practicing wheelies, someone went up the track about 5 times and each time Giving the bars a good old yank and the front staying firmly planted :lol: good on ya for trying

Motoracer
23rd May 2006, 20:50
Firstly, thank you Tony, Maduck and co for a great day out on Taupo Raceway!

Then, thank you to Death Inc for the help with the bike as always. Arven for the company down in the van. Cheers Daryl and mum for getting my stay sorted in Taupo.

My feelings were a bit mixed on the day but compltly unrelated to the actual track day. Then me being a cheap cu*t and running a 3 or so year OLD slick set didn't let me have too much fun on the R6. Even when I was traveling at a moderate pace, I just had slides out of every turn. It was as bad as damp conditions for me personally. So I just stuck with trying to help out people with their riding and just circulate around the track while trying to plan some lines etc for next time I am out that way.

Thanks to the people who let me ride their bikes around too, that was pretty cool. Specially the ride on my ex bike (Gav's CBR400RR) was pretty special. Fuckin beautiful handeling bike that. Wana sell it back to me? lol Kiddin kiddin..

I am so fukin proud of my self and how I have grown up in the past year. I was just facing my own personal demons on the day and I am very proud of myself to keep my riding completly unaffected by my emotions and for riding in a totaly controled manner. Even though my tires were frustrating me as well and my plans to go full tits and try and hang with the cool cats had failed as a result of it. I didn't try anything dangerous and put myself at risk of crashing like I normally would have done. Growing up as a person is fucking cool! I feel so much stronger. I reckon I would make a far better racer now if I was to race than I was before..

Anyway, Cheers all. See you another time... P.S. For June, I will put some shit hot tires on!

2much
23rd May 2006, 23:09
Reckon the worst passing manouvre of the day I saw was done by me! Eh 2much! Sorry about that again aye bro!

Hahaha sweet as mate, don't worry bout it. Guess that's one way to scrape my knee sliders!

babyB
24th May 2006, 01:02
well am so pleased i got out there, nearly didnt make it. my feelings were up & down most of the day. begining a real chicken shit out there. i had a few personal worries/hick-ups to over come. by the the end of the day i felt i had achevied alot, but dissipointed with the loss of my riding skills. lol and my bad photoes.

i have to say thanks to some wonderful ppl
to GP Honda for my sweet running bike & wonderful race tyre.
To the Tauranga guys for ya support & for getting my bike there & back.
AJ, dont know wot to say matey.. Thanks for keeping me together.
frosty doug and others who over the last 18months convincing me in one way or another to get back riding.
i thank you all :not:

sugilight thanks for the talk
I cant wait to get out there again
:2thumbsup ppl for a wonderful day

ajturbo
24th May 2006, 11:23
AJ, dont know wot to say matey.. Thanks for keeping me together.
I cant wait to get out there again
:2thumbsup ppl for a wonderful day

the only thanks i want.. is to see you "out there" again ...:first: OK!!!:sunny:

kickingzebra
24th May 2006, 11:36
bloody gun fun! Specially the dude practicing wheelies, someone went up the track about 5 times and each time Giving the bars a good old yank and the front staying firmly planted :lol: good on ya for trying

Tis much to my shame!! I found the rev limiter though!!
MT told me my brunout while waiting to run down the track, next to kiwifruit, who was doing a wheely, was atonement for my front end not lifting by more than 5 centimetres!!
Oh well, At least I couldn't get any tickets for excessive acceleration!!

Got to find me a quiet back road!!

I was really stoked to get me left slider down... Pity the bloody bike was cartwheeling through the air 10 feet away from me at the time!! LOL

Toast
24th May 2006, 12:18
MT told me my brunout while waiting to run down the track, next to kiwifruit, who was doing a wheely, was atonement for my front end not lifting by more than 5 centimetres!!

I was really stoked to get me left slider down... Pity the bloody bike was cartwheeling through the air 10 feet away from me at the time!! LOL

It's alright dude, I haven't tried to pop a wheelie for about 3 weeks (plus I'm shit anyway), and my one attempt during one of the sessions was simply sad. Hung my head going past the pits that time.

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 13:08

Ahh, didnt realise that was you kickingzebra
i hope the bike is ok?
dont stress bout the wheelies man, it will come, just take it slowly
took me awhile to get to where i am, and i still have a long way to go LOL

boomer
24th May 2006, 14:46

Nice work! :sunny: You gixxer riders are all class :blip: ( and for the record my wheelies are only a foot of the ground so i can't laugh at anyone else :innocent: )

kickingzebra
24th May 2006, 14:55
The best wheelies are always the ones you didn't expect anyways...
At least, Thats what I tell myself, as I cry myself to sleep at nights!! LOL

Bike will be fine if I throw some money at it, though I am seeing the logic in good tires, and race fairings!!
Apart from virginal fairings becoming well scratched, and cracked, and bent left clip on, it actually survived pretty damn well!!

Yet another good traight of Gixxers!! hah!!

Kornholio
24th May 2006, 19:25
Nice work! :sunny: You gixxer riders are all class :blip: ( and for the record my wheelies are only a foot of the ground so i can't laugh at anyone else :innocent: )

You should have come out and done a couple of your world class stoppies :blip:

rustys
24th May 2006, 20:53
Hi Frosty, sounds like everone had a good day, bad luck about the mishap hope you are on the road to recovery soon, "JOIN THE CLUB":doctor: hope to hear from you soon regarding the wheels
Having fun
"GROWING OLD DISGRACEFULLY"