PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, Honda GB400TT / GB500 shipped to UK

L4LEATHER
27th February 2003, 05:56
Seems like you have a fair few over there, but not so many over here!

I'm looking to buy a good GB400TT Mk2 preferably, single seat... also consider GB500. Could really do with help exporting too - a lot to ask I know!

Any help / offers / info / links much appreciated!

Good wishes from a cold UK...

L4L:beer:

wari
27th February 2003, 08:21
Hey L4L,

I'll give you a bit of a hand if you want ... no experience in exporting a bike over seas but willing to learn, so give me a PM or e-mail and we'll get the ball rolling.

L4LEATHER
1st March 2003, 09:44
Thanks a lot, wari - that's good of you.
I'll send you a PM, probably tomorrow (that's Saturday for me!).

I shipped a Honda Del Sol car back from Auckland about five years ago when I was over there, having driven it for a fair way round North Island. Picked up a bit of knowledge on shipping, but not too sure how it would work with a bike.

I took the Honda over to France for a holiday after it arrived in the UK. Hope to do the same with a GB.

Catch you later

L4L

Lee Rusty
2nd July 2003, 00:29
have you got a bike sorted yet - i know where there is 1 for sale

wari
2nd July 2003, 08:34
Rusty ... l4leather managed to score a bike from an online auction and I think the bloke he got it off helped him freight it to the UK.

How much is the one you know about ?

Lee Rusty
2nd July 2003, 16:08
Belongs to my flatmate he wants around 2000 ono for it

L4LEATHER
5th July 2003, 23:26
Thanks for your help, both.
Yeah, I got a GB400TT Mk2 from www.trademe.co.nz and paid $1000.
I picked it up this week from the shippers, very tidy and usable but not mint. Its done 173,000km!! but well looked after. The guy selling it in Wellington was really helpful - I think he was amazed that it should be going to the UK having been owned by him for 13 years! Its a nice bike, silver, with the cowled single seat and fairing - I'm well pleased - should get it UK reg'd next week, just in time for our summer. Looks good with my equally-retro Fiat barchetta!!
Thanks again to you both.
John (L4LEATHER):niceone:

wari
7th July 2003, 20:36
Verrrrry nice looking set ya have there L4L !!:niceone: