PDA

View Full Version : Quickly over the Kaimais

marty
5th February 2006, 18:26
After a great day at the tauranga airshow, met scorpy and rhino enjoying the fun too. plenty of other bikes about - nice blue busa, couple of speed triples, etc etc. lovely day riding home, up the kaimais - going pretty quick (as you do) look ing hard into the distance i see a HP car. braking hard, washing of a few kms, get a nice wave from the female cop :) thanks for that :)

1/2 a k behind the cop car is 3 bikes - busa in front and 2 others, going flat out. i was still sitting up with my left hand off the bars after slowing down, so i frantically waved for them to slow down. brakes on, hope they managed to slow before the HP car.....

buckland rd is sooooo much fun. karapiro end has fresh seal though :(

Highlander
5th February 2006, 18:36
Kaimais is a pleasant ride, specially up the Waikato side.
Tauranga turned on another awsome day for the Airshow - too hot for sleeping though.

Glad you had a good day and passed a friendly cop(ess). Maybe she reads this site and was trying to do some PR.

DingDong
8th February 2006, 18:50
The speed limit up the Waikato side needs to be increased to 160kph, it has the best seal Ive seen on road... and not too tight for the RF to get right over and back... but I suppose you can almost have fun at 110kph.

Glad you enjoyed the air-show Marty... I didnt manage to get there we were zooming over the Kaimais (but not the Busa guys)...

zadok
8th February 2006, 20:18
Those Kaimai roads are great now. I remember them years ago when they were narrow and dangerous.:yeah:

Waylander
9th February 2006, 18:27
Ooh Kaimais..:love: lol love the look of the guy on the sportbike I passed going up on the way back over from Hams Monday when he caught up with me after I got back to Tauranga and talked with a few dudes on CBR250s I saw on the way back. One wearing Quasimoto leathers, the other wearing Minataur leathers lol. Not memebers (or atleast frequent posters) but they know the site. They saw the sticker on my helmet and followed me for a while.